Duplicate emails #40

Outlook 2007 Pro. on Windows Vista home premium

For some reason I am getting the same email twice from POP3 account

Did a Google but couldn't find any meaningful help

Any tips or advice appreciated

Thanks

Bill

Bill wrote:
> Outlook 2007 Pro. on Windows Vista home premium
>
> For some reason I am getting the same email twice from POP3 account
>
> Did a Google but couldn't find any meaningful help
>
> Any tips or advice appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

Try disabling any antivirus you have integrated with Outlook.

--
John Blessing

http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software
http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment
bookings http://www.lbetoolbox.com - De-Duplicates MS Outlook
http://www.repeatmail.com - schedule mass individual emails

0
nospam.lbe (55)
4/1/2008 9:30:54 PM

"John Blessing" <nospam.lbe@REMOVE_THISgmail.com> wrote in message
> Bill wrote:
>> Outlook 2007 Pro. on Windows Vista home premium
>>
>> For some reason I am getting the same email twice from POP3 account
>>
>> Did a Google but couldn't find any meaningful help
>>
>> Any tips or advice appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bill
>
> Try disabling any antivirus you have integrated with Outlook.
>
> --
> John Blessing

Will try but would there not be a risk factor associated with doing that?

Thanks

Bill

On 2 Apr., 00:17, "Bill" <some...@home.net> wrote:
> Will try but would there not be a risk factor associated with doing that?
No risk no fun. Okay, seriosly. Yes, there is a risk. But if your
virus scanner causes the program, you should get another one or
contact the author.

BTW, if you want to remove your duplicates:
http://www.easy2sync.com/en/produkte/1-Click-Duplicate-Delete-Outlook.php

Tom
Email scanning is not needed. Even Symantec says so. Your resident AV =
will still catch anything that is trying to get unto to your system

--=20
Peter

"Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message =
>=20
>=20
> "John Blessing" <nospam.lbe@REMOVE_THISgmail.com> wrote in message=20
>> Bill wrote:
>>> Outlook 2007 Pro. on Windows Vista home premium
>>>
>>> For some reason I am getting the same email twice from POP3 account
>>>
>>> Did a Google but couldn't find any meaningful help
>>>
>>> Any tips or advice appreciated
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Bill
>>
>> Try disabling any antivirus you have integrated with Outlook.
>>
>> --=20
>> John Blessing
>>

> Will try but would there not be a risk factor associated with doing =
that?
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Bill=20
>=20

0
okf221 (388)
4/1/2008 11:56:05 PM
ok thanks

Bill

> Email scanning is not needed. Even Symantec says so. Your resident AV will
> still catch anything that is trying to get unto to your system
>
> --
> Peter

> "Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message
>>

>> "John Blessing" <nospam.lbe@REMOVE_THISgmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Try disabling any antivirus you have integrated with Outlook.
>>>
>>> --
>>> John Blessing
>>>

>> Will try but would there not be a risk factor associated with doing that?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bill

I turned AV off and it is still happening.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Bill

> Email scanning is not needed. Even Symantec says so. Your resident AV will
> still catch anything that is trying to get unto to your system
>
> --
> Peter

> "Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message
>>

>> "John Blessing" <nospam.lbe@REMOVE_THISgmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Try disabling any antivirus you have integrated with Outlook.
>>>
>>> --
>>> John Blessing
>>>

>> Will try but would there not be a risk factor associated with doing that?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bill

Dear Bill,

You can try a small add-ins for removing duplicates:
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/duplicate_remover/
hope it helps!
Best regards,
Eugene

> Outlook 2007 Pro. on Windows Vista home premium
>
> For some reason I am getting the same email twice from POP3 account
>
> Did a Google but couldn't find any meaningful help
>
> Any tips or advice appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

Thanks Eugene will check it out

Bill

"Evgeny Grischenko" <evg_grischenko@mail.ru> wrote in message
> Dear Bill,
>
> You can try a small add-ins for removing duplicates:
> http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/duplicate_remover/
> hope it helps!
> Best regards,
> Eugene
>
> "Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message
>> Outlook 2007 Pro. on Windows Vista home premium
>>
>> For some reason I am getting the same email twice from POP3 account
>>
>> Did a Google but couldn't find any meaningful help
>>
>> Any tips or advice appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bill

Using Norton by any chance ????

>I turned AV off and it is still happening.
>=20
> Any other thoughts would be appreciated
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Bill
>=20
> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message=20
>> Email scanning is not needed. Even Symantec says so. Your resident AV =
will=20
>> still catch anything that is trying to get unto to your system
>>
>> --=20
>> Peter

>> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be =
acknowledged.

>> "Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message=20
>>>

>>> "John Blessing" <nospam.lbe@REMOVE_THISgmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Will try but would there not be a risk factor associated with doing =
that?

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>
>>>=20

0
okf221 (388)
4/2/2008 5:58:22 PM
Bill <someone@home.net> wrote:

> I turned AV off and it is still happening.

That may not be sufficient.  You should uninstall the AV program and
reinstall it without the mail scanning feature.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/2/2008 6:30:45 PM
No Avast free version

Bill

> Using Norton by any chance ????
>
> --
> Peter

> "Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message
>>I turned AV off and it is still happening.
>>
>> Any other thoughts would be appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bill
>>
>> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Email scanning is not needed. Even Symantec says so. Your resident AV
>>> will
>>> still catch anything that is trying to get unto to your system
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>>
>>> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
>>> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>>>
>>> "Bill" <someone@home.net> wrote in message

Will try as a last resort.

Thanks

Bill

Bill <someone@home.net> wrote:

> Will try as a last resort.

It should be your first resort, at least while trying to diagnose the
problem.  The more variables you can remove from the equaton, the simpler
the troubleshooting.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

> Bill <someone@home.net> wrote:
>
>> Will try as a last resort.
>
> It should be your first resort, at least while trying to diagnose the
> problem.  The more variables you can remove from the equaton, the simpler
> the troubleshooting.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I may have found the culprit. I have two calendars that are published on MS
and when the send and receive occurs the synchronization of the calendars
seem to cause some hiccup with the POP mail and cause the duplicates. I have
disabled the calendar from being a part of the send and receive group and so
far the duplicates have stopped.

With fingers crossed

Thanks for all the responses

Bill

Duplicates

Wildcards in email address
I would like to flag all emails from a company with a certain color flag. I thought I could do this by creating a rule with a wildcard (such as *@microsoft.com) but it doesn't seem to work. Is there another way of doing this?? Create the rule with a setting that says "senders' address includes" and just the domain name. Leave the wildcard and @ off. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests fo...

opening email
When I double click on an email that I received, the message will not open in another window. The only thing that happens is that email is displayed as open in my taskbar. I've always been able to open into another window until now. Please advise. It is actually opening "off-screen". Right click on the minimized window tab on the Taskbar and select Move. Now use the arrow keys to get it in the screen. Close all other windows except this one and use the cursor to drag the message to the size you want. File | Exit, and Windows will remember the size when you ope...

Receiving duplicate emails

managed NG email
If I put my actual email address in my newsreader account setup for this group, to provide for 'managed' response, doesn't that open the floodgates for spam? How is everyone handling that issue. Will MS understand if we use a the standard anti-scanner methods, like 'marc AT bellsouth dot net', or does MS rely on automated methods to track managed posts? Marc You have to use something that at least looks like email rather than spelling it out as you have, but it does not have to be a valid address. You have to register the address you are going to use on Customer...

Outlook email account, can't delete
I have Outlook 2002 hitting an Exchange 5.5 server on a laptop that I've given to a new user. The old user's mailbox remains in Outlook even though it doesn't exist in E-Mail Accounts\Exchange Server Settings under the Tools menu. Nor does it exist under the new user's account as an additional mailbox. How do I remove it? Additional info: my Exchange server died last week and I rebuilt Exchange on a differently named server. The mailbox that I want to remove attempts to connect to the old Exchange server. Also, I just upgraded the laptop from Win98 to XP Pro and ...

MSCRM Email Subject ID to Email Header
I have the understanding that there is a patch which instead of turning off the GUID from outgoing emails, moves it from the subject line to the email header, but i can't find it anywhere. Can someone please point me in the right direction and convince me that i haven't made this up... or worse, dreamt it... Thankyou Dave Dave, In the current release, there is no such patch. You can only turn off the process that adds the GUID to the subject. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 ...

Retrieve email from another computer
My husbands computer in office is down, he wants to retrieve his emails from home. How can I do this quickly? Tks That depends on the type of mail system they use at work (server based postoffice, or Internet mail, or what). Can you give us some more information? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0f9a01c3dfb1$12f44670$a101280a@phx.gbl, maureen.krychkowski@verizon.net wrote: > My husbands computer in office is down, he wants to > retrieve...

Case & Reply EMail
When a case is created I'd like CRM 4 to send an email using workflow to a particular email address and when this person has replied to the email using outlook(this person is not a crm user) I'd like for the reply to go into the history of the case. What do I need to do to set this up? Thanks Ray. Did you confiugred Email Router? "Ray Bell" wrote: > When a case is created I'd like CRM 4 to send an email using workflow > to a particular email address and when this person has replied to the > email using outlook(this person is not a crm user) I'd like for th...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

WLMD Cannot Be Set As Default Email Application
I runs on Windows 7 Ultimate, and I already set Windows Live Mail Desktop as my default email application of my OS, but there often a message box appears and tells me my OS has no default email client application, why? How can I solve this problem? Thanks! Are you in IE trying to use the Send Page / Send Link feature when you get this message? "Michael Cheng" <Michael Cheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B051DB9-CD98-41FC-96E3-410F3C2C1F11@microsoft.com... > I runs on Windows 7 Ultimate, and I already set Windows Live Mail Desktop > ...

Not all emails going out??
For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going out, or not going out to all parties I access from my address book. Just tested by sending one to myself...went fine. Sent second to a single party and cc myself. Did not receive my cc in outlook, but it did show up in my iphone. Tried a third to a group of people...through a single address book contact, and nothing happened. I am strictkly novice, but have not had this problem before. Any ideas??? -- Thanx! Wilson Kobel;110315 Wrote: > For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going...

Copy ranges into email
Hi, How do i add more than one item to the body of a outlook mail using vba. I am using named range to select the items. i want to add Text, the leave two lines HTMLBody then leave two lines and add another HTMLBody and leace two lines and add Text I have a function that does the RangetoHTML after passing myRange to it. I am getting confused here. With OutMail .To = s .CC = "SH-DI-List" .BCC = "" .Subject = n & " - Trades in Pending Queue in SW " & Format(Now, "dd-Mmm-yyyy") & _ "...

Adding email signatures to email generated from form
Hi I have the email addresses on my form set up to open a new email to that person when clicked upon. What it doesn't do is import the email signature from outlook. Is there any way I can do this? Any help gratefullly received. See: http://www.coliseosoftware.com.ar/ifox/english/default.asp You can do that with this free utilities. Regards, Javier Valverde S. "Obeide115654" wrote: > Hi > I have the email addresses on my form set up to open a new email to that > person when clicked upon. What it doesn't do is import the email signature > from outloo...

Email signature keeps disappearing
Hi, I have a user who says that "now and again" his email signature disappears and he has to re-add this. He has a roaming profile but no other settings are affected/lost and no error messages are displayed either to this effect. Can someone help? Thanks Scott Ashton MCP MCDST What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Scott Ashton" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message news:uNdp3ky4HHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > ...

Emails not showing up in Outlook but can be seen on Webmail
I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and Express its saying they have new email but none of these new emails are in their inboxes. so i told them to log into webmail, and they can see the emails there... all of these clients are using IMAP and could have very large inboxes.. what could be the problem here? why isnt outlook downloading the emails properly? Do they have LAN or WAN access? -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "beanfieldtech@gmail.com" wrote: > I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and E...

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

hiding recipient 's email address without using cc or bb
I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email. "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D53910F1-21BF-4435-9A5D-5ADB13A1CD73@microsoft.com... >I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email. Where do you want this displayed? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook ...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

emailing worksheet & merge
When someone emails me their spreadsheet with the same headers as I have, is there any way to show their names and addresses in a color so they'll stand out from mine better? Excel2000 Thanks, bb ...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

Return Reply for sub-email box
I have the following setup for the employees at my work: Every user has their own user in box Some users share a community in box that has it's own user name that those particular employees are authorized to send e-mails on behalf of. Currently, when one of the employees reply to the community in box, the reply comes from the community user name on behalf of the main user. If a customer of ours replies, the e-mail returns to the community mail box. I'd like the default when an e-mail is replied to from this community box that the main users e-mail is the default reply for our cust...