DST Question

All,

Can anyone tell me how recurring appointments that fall within the beginning
and ending windows of the new DST will respond once Exchange/Outlook have
been patched?  I somehow got tasked to explaining this to our user group...

My understanding is that recurring appointments that were originally set up
within one of the windows will show a 1 hour difference from expected during
the windows.  For example, in 2006 I created a recurring appointment on
March 8, with the time being set to 2:00 Central.  My expectation is that
during the start window, this appointment will show 3:00 Central until DST
kicks in, then will show 2:00 Central until the end window.

Is this correct?

TIA & Ciao,

Tony

0
Tony

Start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/gp/dst_topissues#A4
This should explain alot.
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Tony" wrote:

> All,
>
> Can anyone tell me how recurring appointments that fall within the beginning
> and ending windows of the new DST will respond once Exchange/Outlook have
> been patched?  I somehow got tasked to explaining this to our user group...
>
> My understanding is that recurring appointments that were originally set up
> within one of the windows will show a 1 hour difference from expected during
> the windows.  For example, in 2006 I created a recurring appointment on
> March 8, with the time being set to 2:00 Central.  My expectation is that
> during the start window, this appointment will show 3:00 Central until DST
> kicks in, then will show 2:00 Central until the end window.
>
> Is this correct?
>
> TIA & Ciao,
>
> Tony

0
KOrland1 (1012)
3/8/2007 8:22:55 PM
Kathleen,

Thanks for the info.  Turns out the TZ Update tool had not been run on
affected clients.

I appreciate the help.

Ciao

"K. Orland" <KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/gp/dst_topissues#A4
> This should explain alot.
> --
> Kathleen Orland
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "Tony" wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how recurring appointments that fall within the
>> beginning
>> and ending windows of the new DST will respond once Exchange/Outlook have
>> been patched?  I somehow got tasked to explaining this to our user
>> group...
>>
>> My understanding is that recurring appointments that were originally set
>> up
>> within one of the windows will show a 1 hour difference from expected
>> during
>> the windows.  For example, in 2006 I created a recurring appointment on
>> March 8, with the time being set to 2:00 Central.  My expectation is that
>> during the start window, this appointment will show 3:00 Central until
>> DST
>> kicks in, then will show 2:00 Central until the end window.
>>
>> Is this correct?
>>
>> TIA & Ciao,
>>
>> Tony

0
Tony

Pivot table question #12
I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. One for each month of exactly the same data. I know you can use multiple ranges in a pivot table, but I am having issues that I can not figure out. The out put has row references and the field names are across the top. Any suggestions? Bart Hi, It's not clear what you want, but here is an idea: There is a way to do this using a very sophisticated query technique, but here is a tricky but easy way to do what I think you want: 1. It sounds like you already have creates your pivot table from Multiple Consolidation Ranges. So on the ...

reduce the size of Exchange 2003 database questions please.
Running Exchange 2003 and Windows Server 2003 enterprise My exchange database keeps growing and growing. I’m regularly running maintenance jobs, purging mailboxes and figuring out ways to shrink the database. Can someone explain to me why the database grows when I’m stilling removing mailboxes as needed and doing maintenace? I know I can run eseutil to shrink and defrag the database but I hear a lot of horror stories about running this tool. Another alternative but I want to ask the experts about is what if I decided to create another blank database and move all the mailboxes to ...

delievery receipt question
Using Outlook 2003. I have set it for a delivery receipt on all messages sent. I do not know where to view the receipt is kept. I found this in the help option: ". . . . The contents of the message notifications are then automatically recorded on the Tracking tab of the original message in your Sent Items folder. . . . . . ." I sent a message to myself. After I received it I went to the "sent" folder" opened the message I sent by cannot find any "tracking tab" anywhere. Where should I be looking in that sent message to see that "delivery receipt&quo...

Question regarding CListCtrl style ????
I have CListCtrl and I am trying to define it with m_ListCtrl.SetExtendedStyle(LVS_EX_GRIDLINES | LVS_EX_BORDERSELECT); but the compiler (VC++6.0 ~ Win98) will not recognize the constant LVS_EX_BORDERSELECT. Has this value become obsolete ??? LVS_EX_BORDERSELECT is defined only if _WIN32_IE >= 0x0500 -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "John Larocca" <larocjj@medicine.ufl.edu> wrote in message news:eC8gKEg4DHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have CListCtrl and I am trying to define > it with m_ListCtrl.SetExtendedStyle(LV...

a sizeof question.
I have a struct. but the sizeof == 4.. I already pack(1), why? have some way make the sizeof == 2???? #pragma pack(push) #pragma pack(1) typedef struct { unsigned int permitted_df : 2; unsigned int display_aspect_ratio : 2; unsigned int video_format : 2; unsigned int mpeg_version : 2; unsigned int film_mode : 1; unsigned int letterboxed : 1; unsigned int picture_size : 2; unsigned int bit_rate : 1; unsigned int unknown1 : 1; unsigned int line21_cc_2 : 1; unsigned int line21_cc_1 ...

Importing question
I'm using Publisher to make an award for a science fair. I have all the names of the students (215) participating in Excel listed by the headings Last Name, First Name. I want to create an award that has their name it. Is there a way I can import the names in Excel into the Publisher address manager? Then I'd be able to mail merge. I've tried several times, but it's not letting me. I tried saving the Excel file as a .csv file as well, no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks so much. Dale Dale Rosenthal <drosen32@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm usin...

Question on Smartlist search conditions
I am somewhat puzzled by the behavior of a Smartlist. I need a list of Sales Line items that are on backorder. If I specify a single condition, (Qty to Backorder > 0) I will get Sales Orders (only) that have a backorder qty. (A relative handful) If I spoecify a second condition (doc type = Backorder), I get a whole lot more (a couple of hundred). Now some of the Backorder documents show a qty to backorder of zero (backorders have been fulfilled) and I understand why that happens (the search condition of doctype=Backorder) is met. What is giving me headaches are all of the other Ba...

A question that might could have been an exam question(e-learning)
Hi! The question is that some statement should be put into the right category. The six statements are. 1. Has replaced the ConfigurationSettings class 2. Helps you manage configuration elements 3. Implements a custom section 4. Is used to read from a configuration file 5. Inherit the ConfigurationElement class 6. Is a pointer to configuration files. These 6 statements should be placed into one of these categories ConfigurationSection ConfigurationManager ConfigurationElement 5 of these were quite easy but number "4. Is used to read from a configuration file should...

easy question .... i think
my spreadsheet data goes down to row 297 yet if i scroll alll the way down to the bottom it goes to row 690. How do i get rid of all empty rows ? -- thanks Dean Dean, have a look here : http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0CEBDD-1564-4849-9EE2-0715370B0562@microsoft.com... > my spreadshee...

Trendline question
I have the following data: Ene-08 Feb-08 Mar-08 Abr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 8 5000 3802 10400 7600 7400 9800 With this trendline obtaine from the chart: y = 44,772x - 2E+06 How do I forecast Ago-08 Should x=8 If I want to forecast Feb-09 should x=14? Thanks JP Please do not cords post. I have answered this in Charts "juanpablo" <juanpablo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65BC6FFC-0EA3-48E7-BCB2-4A0E76C34076@microsoft.com... > I have the following data: > > Ene-08 Feb-08 Mar-08 Abr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 > 8 5000 3802 10...

2 questions #3
1, We set up a secondary exchange server for a group in our office and Now are being told that the equipment we used is now needed for a different projected. How can I quickly, cleanly and completely delete this new server. It is part of the exchange domain but has no mailboxes as of yet. 2, Now and then the outlook users see the RPC error box. It is the balloon error box that shows up in the lower right corner of the window, most of the time saying "Outlook is trying connect to Exchange ... Server". Is there a way to globally disable this message with out visiting the end-user. ...

Msgbox question 01-07-08
hello I have often used DoCmd.MoveSize 1000, 500, 2000, 2500 to position and size forms. Is there a way to position and size Message boxes? -- Thanks No. If you want to do that, create your own form and use that as a "message box", then you can manipulate its location and size. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Sophie" <Sophie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:831A8804-5A40-4C3F-9E48-59AF65E4107B@microsoft.com... > hello > > I have often used DoCmd.MoveSize 1000, 500, 2000, 2500 to position and > size > forms. I...

DST Question
All, Can anyone tell me how recurring appointments that fall within the beginning and ending windows of the new DST will respond once Exchange/Outlook have been patched? I somehow got tasked to explaining this to our user group... My understanding is that recurring appointments that were originally set up within one of the windows will show a 1 hour difference from expected during the windows. For example, in 2006 I created a recurring appointment on March 8, with the time being set to 2:00 Central. My expectation is that during the start window, this appointment will show 3:00 Cent...

Question on Excel
How do i delete when i click one of this autoshapes? Right-click > Cut Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C99FD7EA-EFED-4C31-A50B-5F0F19D7FDD5@microsoft.com... > How do i delete when i click one of this autoshapes? After you select the autoshape, right click - delete, or just hit the delete key on the keyboard. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "billy" wrote: > How do i delete when i click one of this autosha...

exmerge question
I am moving my exchange server to a new server, I have planned on using exmerge to accomplish this. The question I have is, is there a utility that will move over the mailboxes, or do I have to manually create them on the new server? Chris- Don't know about moving the mailboxes, but I know that if you use exmerge to save the mailbox as a .PST file you'll lose single-instance-storage, which saves a lot of space. -S >-----Original Message----- >I am moving my exchange server to a new server, I have >planned on using exmerge to accomplish this. The question >I h...

Licensing question #2
Hi, Exchange 2000, per seat licensing. I've deleted the AD account and mailbox a long time ago for a number of users, however, they are still using an Exchange license according to Licensing. Is this expected? Do I have to delete the license every time I delete a mailbox? Thanks, Peter On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:43:29 +0700, noemail@com.com wrote: >Hi, > >Exchange 2000, per seat licensing. I've deleted the AD account and >mailbox a long time ago for a number of users, however, they are still >using an Exchange license according to Licensing. > >Is this expec...

how get rid of "Type a question for help" box
Thanks for any help. I have my standard Excel menu bar, with File Edit, etc, and then some buttons I've chosen, like Auto Sum, Format Painter, etc. There is also the "Type a question for help" text box there, is there a way of getting rid of this to free up some space, so I can put more often used buttons there? I can always look at it from the Help menu. Thanks. Hi Ian You can use ""Type a question for Help"" If you want to remove "Type a question for Help" on the Worksheet Menu Bar then you can use this line. Application.CommandBars.Disable...

Question about dialog base units
Hi, (I posted this question in another group a few days ago and no reply yet. So I decided to repost here. Hopefully nobody has a problem with that.) ------- I want to map bitmap backgrounds (skins) onto several places in an SDI app. I have dialog boxes, dialog bars, form views and property pages. Q: If I were to use CWnd::SetFont on each dialog, can I guarantee that the size and alignment of controls won't ever change when running the program on different computers? I tried mapping skins a long time ago and didn't know how to change the font then. The result was some customers had...

Second Question- Another Newbie
> >I am new to using excel in a power user manner. I am trying to average > > percentage from two cells (=B53/B54%) worksheet 1 (Day One through Day > > 22) to a master sheet. I need the master sheet to have 22 working days > > and the % for each day. Is there a way (Auto Fill?) to automactically > > fill the 22 Days on the Master sheet besides entering each manuauly? > > Thanks in advance.- > Thanks for your help Bob. I did do that and it calculates for Day 1 on the Master. I need to do this for 22 days from 22 different sheets to load into the Mas...

More DST stuff
Hey guys, So I'm at the point where I need to install 926666 (all server OS and clients are patched). My question relates to a posting on the MSExchange team site that says in order to avoid issues with 926666 that the store version should be atleast 7650.23. I have E2K3 with SP2 installed and my store version is only 7638.2. Any idea what will get my store level up? WIndows update would be reasonable but how would windows updates affect my store version? Thanks, Dan On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:00:10 -0800, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > So ...

Linking Properties and a bunch of other questions
1.) I would like to link a custom property of one shape to the custom property of another shape. i.e. Shape 1 Name: AV Rack Shape 2 Connect To: Shape1!Name I know this is possible I just can't find the any info on how to do it. 2.) Is it possible to have a list box display all the available shapes of a certain type/name? i.e. Amp1 Amp2 Amp3 3.) Is there a good site that shows how to import custom properties from an access database? On 12 Nov 2006 15:57:21 -0800, kurt.acm@gmail.com wrote: >1.) > I would like to link a custom...

Exchange question
Anyone heard of Exchange Server taking 18 hours to send an e-mail? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance The Doctor wrote: > Anyone heard of Exchange Server taking 18 hours to send an e-mail? Sure. Was it one particular email to one particular destination. Large attatments? Could be many reasons depending upon the particu...

ADMT question
When in the Security Translation Wizard of ADMT, concerning the user profiles security there is a "Replace" and an "Add". The docs for the ADMT push you to choose "Replace" with no real explaination. Would "replace" mean that what was there before would be "gone", meaing that you can never "go back" if something goes wrong? Wouldn't "Add" be the better choice if you are not confident that everything will go perfectly? -- Phillip Windell The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, ...

Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 DST
I have installed the OS Patch, Exchange Patch and I'm running the tool. Are the appointments from Mar 12 - Apr 4, and the last week in Oct. supposed to be off by an hour, or am I missing something? Thank you, BM I did the same thing. Patched the OS, Patched Exchange 2003sp2 and then ran the tool. The tool did not correct the time appointments displayed from Mar 12 - April 4. In fact, in some cases it moved appointments that were already displaying correctly and left the incorrectly displayed appointments alone. "BM" wrote: > I have installed the OS Patch, Excha...

Stupid Resell Question
Sorry if this is a known and stupid question. But someone told me its illegal to resell Microsoft software? My son bought Microsoft Publisher 2007 at Best Buy used it once and now doesn't need it. He is stuck with $169.99 software. Can I resell it anywhere as used? Dee wrote: > Sorry if this is a known and stupid question. But someone told me its > illegal to resell Microsoft software? My son bought Microsoft > Publisher 2007 at Best Buy used it once and now doesn't need it. He > is stuck with $169.99 software. Can I resell it anywhere as used? =================...