Dragging Email Messages In Windows Folders

Hi,

Some time back I used to manage my emails in windows folders by
selecting them all, dragging them from outlook (inbox) to a windows
folder. I had emails with similiar subjects. So the Email files (in
message format) were created by outlook like

filename = subject of message + autogenerated number (in case of
multiple messages with same subject)

Now after this new installation. When i repeat the same procedure...
Windows gives error "This folder already contains a file named
"subject of message"
Would you like to replace the existing file with another one?

So the list of many messages with the same subject is not copied to a
windows folder... Which settings should be altered to make it happen?

Thanks
0
wary (2)

I've myself found a cure that auto-generated same-subject-messages
work in Windows 2000 and Office 2002. But it does not work with
Windows 98 and Office 2002. If you've got 98, you can export to a PST
folder and then do the job in W2K installation.

Hope others might get help from this.

Kamran
0
wary (2)

Drag and drop with CRichEditCtrl
I have an application that makes heavy use of the rich edit control. One of the things I needed to do was to customize text when it is pasted or dropped onto the rich edit control. This wasn't too hard to do: I have an object implementing IRichEditOleCallback attached to the rich edit, and in the QueryAcceptData() method I modify the data as needed before adding it to the control. My problem comes with drag and drop, specifically with the "move" drop operation. Following the MSDN documentation, my QueryAcceptData() method returns S_FALSE to indicate that it's processed the d...

Converting emails from Windows Outlook 2003 to OS X Entourage
Guys Please if anyone can help me on how to do this PLEASE DO! You need to restate the question in the post. It gets truncated in the title. "Desperate!!" wrote: > Guys Please if anyone can help me on how to do this PLEASE DO! > ...

Strips attachments when forwarding message
Sometimes outlook 2000 strips the attachment when forwarding. I found an articles in Microsoft documenting this but no fix. Is there a fix? "Perry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... > Sometimes outlook 2000 strips the attachment when > forwarding. I found an articles in Microsoft documenting > this but no fix. Is there a fix? Several options ... registry hack or COM add-ins... http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm Christopher ...

2007 How do I copy emails to CD?
-- Lee Jeffries Insuramax, Inc. Louisville, KY 40 Users,TAM 9.3, fax@dvantage6.2, ETFile4.3 "Lee Jeffries" <leej@insuramax.com> wrote in message news:%2382Z1SSCJHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Nothing Please use this BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question, not just in the subject line. Thank you. Posted here almost once a day: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx more info here: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm HTH ...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

unwanted background in received emails
I am about to pull my hair out! I am using Outlook XP on a Windows XP machine. All of a sudden every email I receive from multiple users comes in with a gray background. Even if I send an email to myself and the background looks white in the email I send, it still shows up gray when I open the email. How do I stop this? What's interesting is if I change my Mail Format option within Outlook to send plain text emails, this does not happen. It seems to happen if the option is HTML or Rich Text. However, it's a little unrealistic to have everyone who sends me an email change to t...

Repeated promt by Windows Update to install driver
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and despite having installed this 7 times, I keep getting the following driver appearing in the Windows Update list of optional drivers, anyone any idea how to fix it? Many thanks. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft driver update for HP Photosmart 2570 series Download size: 11.4 MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect. Update type: Optional This driver was provided by Microsoft for support of HP Photosmart 2570 series More information: http://winqual.microsoft.com/supp...

dragging array UDFs
Hi I built an array function and it is working well. However when I dra it to other cel regions I got the message "VALUE". The exact formul and the code is below. Thanks for any help. Eduardo Exact formula: {=samLMR(B5:B20;0;0)} Code: x is a sorted array. Public Function samLMR(x As Variant, Optional a As Double = 0# Optional b As Double = 0#) As Variant Dim xmom() As Double Dim xm() As Double Dim sum(8) As Double Dim R As Integer Dim C As Integer Dim ReturnColumn As Boolean R = Selection.Rows.Count C = Selection.Columns.Count n = x.Count n = n - nfails If R < C Then nm...

Outlook displays delayed email
Hi all, I've been trying to find a solution to this problem for the past few weeks. Hope you guys could help me. I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2003 and have an IMAP account. The total size of all emails is ~580MB. This is the problem: When someone sends an email, the email is received on the email server. Outlook takes a few hours to display emails (despite clicking on Sending/Receiving button several times). However web mail displays it immediately. Yesterday, the latest email for the past 2 weeks have suddenly disappeared but the old emails are still there. Emails are still on the s...

Outlook 2003 : Other user's folder
Dear all, In Outlook 2003, if I go to File -> Open -> Other user's folder, Outlook will create a link to the folder that I just open under the same path (File -> Open -> ...) but how do I remove this link or shorcut ? Thank you. With best regards, Zul Right click on it in your Folder List and select "Close folder name" "Zul" wrote: > Dear all, > > In Outlook 2003, if I go to File -> Open -> Other user's folder, Outlook > will create a link to the folder that I just open under the same path > (File -> Open -> ...)...

My Drag Image Flickers
Hi guys, My drag image flickers, I understand the cause of this (I think) but I don't know how to fix it. I use this to auto-scroll during a drag and drop: // in OnTimer() m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(FALSE); SendMessage(WM_VSCROLL,MAKEWPARAM(SB_LINEDOWN,0),NULL); m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(TRUE); So since I'm hiding it, then showing it again, it flickers. Can I fix this ? Thanks, Robert A. ...

How do I hide incoming small mail summary window on bottom left?
Everytime I receive an email a small window on the bottom left hand side gives me a summary of the e-mail I'm receiving. How can I stop that window from appearing every single time? Kathy <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Everytime I receive an email a small window on the bottom left hand > side gives me a summary of the e-mail I'm receiving. How can I stop > that window from appearing every single time? Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Advanced E-mail Optons. Uncheck "Display a New Mail Desktop Alert". -- Brian Tillman ...

How to parse out customer email addresses?
I don't see where the email address is available in any of the reports (including crystal report fields) such that I can dump all of the available customer email addresses to a file to build an email distribution list. Any ideas? Thanx! -=RFM=- hitman, If you are the M$ support plan, there is a Customer List with Email address report in CustomerSource. http://tinyurl.com/42qqo -- * "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD42FC6B-A9CD-4F77-A110-DE6AEB41572B@microsoft.com... I don't see where the email address is available in any ...

lost emails 02-09-10
Hi, this is an interesting one (i think). I am contracted to a dpt, when i arrived i was directed to use a drive to store my .pst files on. Turns out it was the wrong drive as it has limited capacity. I have been dragging emails into these folders for the last 6 weeks not knowing that they were not sticking, as the drive is full!!! When i drag them there i can see them, but when i restart outlook they are gone. I received no warning etc, but now i cannot find 6 weeks of emails. The destination drive has since been reconfigured, but i still do not have those 6 weeks of emails. Thi...

Cannot save folders
When I create a new folder I cannot save it to the Shortcut Bar. I get the following message: **Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Jack\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" is not marked read-only. Another attempt to save will be made after the next change or when you exit. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.** The above mentioned folder IS marked read-only but each time I change it, it reverts back to read-only. I am signed ...

Setting up Email alerts in Outlook 2002
How do you set up incoming email alerts in Outlook 2002. Thanks David Hi David Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Email Options > Advanced Email Options > Check the required box(es) under 'When new items arrive' K "David" <dcpouzar@ediplungerlift.com> wrote in message news:035401c3c4da$ce365e10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you set up incoming email alerts in Outlook 2002. > > Thanks > David > ...

Drag and Drop Emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Within entourage, when I drag and drop an email from my inbox to another folder, it &quot;copy/pastes&quot; it instead of moving it permanently so it stays in the original location where I was trying to move it from. Seems the only way around this is to right click on the email and select &quot;Move to&quot; and then select a folder (but I have dozens of folders and this is not quick at all). <br><br>Is there a way to change my settings so when I drag and drop emails, it's a &am...

Learning Windows Vista
I'm learning to use windows vista and this is my first Newsgroup posting Jeepers . Tell your professor to stop giving you these projects which are flooding these MS servers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Pedro Vargas" <i1405114@cisnet.laredo.edu> wrote in message news:elsRYZltKHA.4568@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm learning to use windows vista and this is my first Newsgroup posting Well, you flunked. Only posts pertaining to the Windows Mail p...

error message opening Outlook
error message: "Cannot display the folder. The file C:\Users\Shelly\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. Close any application that is using this file, and then try again. You might need to restart your computer." I've tried several times with no luck. What do I do now?!? using: - Windows Vista - Outlook 2007 Same answer as before "rachellenc" <rachellenc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:207A53F2-CF29-4B59-82CB-0E03F5F1C339@microsoft.com... > error message: > > "...

Moving email to the Calendar folder in OWA results in vanished email
A user has moved a number of important emails to their Calendar folder using OWA. In Outlook 2003 this results in creating an event with the emails as content. Apparently in OWA the emails simply vanish when you do this. To reproduce this issue you simply right click an email, select the Calendar folder and click the Move button. The email vanishes, no event is created and I can find no way to retrieve the email. Thankfully we have brick-level backups, but I'm still wondering if anyone else has discovered a way to address this or where the email actually goes. On 2 Oct 2006 13:47:09 -07...

Windows XP, shrink pictures, no option box
Running Windows XP, Outlook Express default mail. I no longer have the option box "send pictures via e.mail" which would allow me to shrink pictures before emailing. Have been using it for 3 years but it just disappeared. THANKS. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006D_01CB01AA.7F8E4750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Wanda, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup...

Multiple users wanting to use the same email account
My wife and I are both using the same computer and we set up 2 user accounts on the computer so that we can each have our own personal settings... However, we want to share the same ISP provided email account so that our friends and family can all email us at one address. So I set up outlook on both of our user accounts to check the same mail server. The problem is that it saves different information on each user account. If I'm online and check our email and leave the message in the inbox for her to view later, and she logs into her user account, the inbox will be empty beca...

Saving sent messages together with original blocks outbox
When I check the advanced option "In folders other than the Inbox save replies with the original" all outgoing emails get stuck in the outbox and won't send. Anyone experience this problem and have solutions ? ...

Can I Recover Email Accounts ...
I reinstalled MS office and it deleted my email accounts in Outlook 2003. I reloaded my data files successfully so my calendar, email folders, etc. are all properly working. However, all of my email accounts were deleted. I've got backups of my hard-drive ... is there a 'my documents' or other where I can recover (import) this information? Thanks, Zack Forgot to mention I'm using XP Professional. >-----Original Message----- >I reinstalled MS office and it deleted my email accounts >in Outlook 2003. > >I reloaded my data files successfully so my calend...

Drag Capabilities #2
Guys, I seem to have lost that little plus sign that appears in the right hand bottom corner of the cell that allows for dragging formatting and content onto other cells. Help in the this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Subodh Help is available in Excel Help. Try the term "fill handle". -- David Biddulph <subodh.mallya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02f26450-f3a3-4b84-a5f2-a80c1513dd14@v39g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Guys, > > I seem to have lost that little plus sign that appears in the right > hand bottom corner of the cell that allows for draggin...