drag&dropping EML files to Inbox doesnt work

Hi all,

Fairly regularly we get calls from our customers telling us that they
cannot drag&drop their back-upped mail (in the form of *.eml files) to
the Inbox.

This problem occurs (at least) with Outlook 2002, and Outlook Express 6.

When we ourselves try to recreate the problem, we are unable to -
everything works as expected in both Outlook and Outlook Express, the
*.eml files appear as e-mails in the Inbox when drag&dropped there from
any place on the harddrive.

I couldn't find anything on this problem using Google, except someone
describing the same problem:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_Office/Outlook/Q_20250982.html
Unfortunately, without a solution.

Does anyone here know the solution to this problem?

Thank you,

Bas

0
lordsnow (2)

Drag and drop with CRichEditCtrl
I have an application that makes heavy use of the rich edit control. One of the things I needed to do was to customize text when it is pasted or dropped onto the rich edit control. This wasn't too hard to do: I have an object implementing IRichEditOleCallback attached to the rich edit, and in the QueryAcceptData() method I modify the data as needed before adding it to the control. My problem comes with drag and drop, specifically with the "move" drop operation. Following the MSDN documentation, my QueryAcceptData() method returns S_FALSE to indicate that it's processed the d...

outcmd file
We have several computers that continually have a corrupt outcmd.dat file. We have renamed these files and allowed outlook to rebuild the file as per Knowledge Base Article 241390, however they continue to become corrupt. Is there a permanent fix? ...

Message re: pdf file
I'm utilizing Outlook Express and when attempting to open certain attachments (pdf files) the message reads: "Cannot open Outlook. Command line arguement not valid. Verify the switch you are using" Can someone advise how to correct? Thanks! ...

Changing background color in multiple files?
I want to change the background color in hundreds of .doc files. To do so one at a time would take hours. Is there any way of doing this for all the files at once? You could modify the method in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "MICROSOFT" <blah@blah.blah> wrote in message news:op.u6fsyvsq...

Drop Down list with colours
Hi, Is there any way in Excel to create a drop down list which contains colours? For example to show RAG status (i.e. Red Amber Green). At the moment I can only show text in the drop down list. Would anyone know a way of working around this? Thanks. Thanks Roger, and Chip, for replying. I was playing around with it and found that I could conditionally format the cell depending on the text selected - so if I choose "RED" it goes red. It's just about enough to work for what I intend to use it for, but I'll experiment with your suggestion in case I need to develop thi...

MS Works Database (.wdb) File Import
I just want to confirm that there is no easy way to migrate data from an existing MS Works database file (.wdb) into Access, even via an intermediate data format? Done a number of searches and come up with nothing. Read the MS KB article about exporting from Works to dBase, but if you don't have Works ...... Thanks! Don Hi Don, The best way is to have Works. If you don't, there's a database at http://www.j.nurick.dial.pipex.com/Code/index.htm (near the bottom of the page) with sample code that extracts data from some? most? Works databases and puts it in an Access table...

Encrypted files
As result of a crash, and reformatting hard drive, I am unable to load or open Excell encrypted files from my back, any suggestions please Hi Tom what is the error message you receive?. also what do you mean with 'encrypted' Note: You also have Excel re-installed on your harddisk? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany tom wrote: > As result of a crash, and reformatting hard drive, I am > unable to load or open Excell encrypted files from my > back, any suggestions please ...

Publisher won't open file
I am having serious issues with Publisher XP/2002 Creating a simple 2 page file, after closing Publisher refuses to open the file at all, to the point of crashing the application. Deciding not to create the file for a 3rd time and loosing it, i decided that after every change i would save a new copy of the file. All I have done is just added images when it stops working. it doesn't even have to be the same image. at any random point it will just stop working. Help please! Do you have the service packs? Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

OPENFILENAME w/ wierd file history popup?
We are using a standard OPENFILENAME to allow a user to choose a file to open in our MFC app. If the user clicks on the file type popup, he sees our list of file types that he can open, which is as we expect. However, if he clicks on the popup for the filename, he sees a list of past files. First off, we are not sure where this list comes from? Second, the list has full pathnames of all the files, but the user only sees the first xx characters (about 50 maybe?), which means he see a useless list -- the files we direct the user to are typically inside 'documents and settings' whic...

I am working on calendars, how do I change days of the week from .
It usually works best if you actually include a message. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

Importing .txt file
I'm trying to import an .txt file into excel 2000 which has to many columns, is there anyway I can increase the number of columns. With Excel 97 it would show me the data for the columns upto its maximum, but excel 2000 just crashes Hi no way to increase the number of columns in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany SimonT wrote: > I'm trying to import an .txt file into excel 2000 which > has to many columns, is there anyway I can increase the > number of columns. With Excel 97 it would show me the data > for the columns upto its maximum, but excel 2000...

Drop Downs and lookups from other sheets
I have a workbook where the front sheet is a display page and the three sheets behind are reserved for data tables. What I want to do is have one cell in the front page which is a drop down and selects names from one of the tables on the other sheets. From there I can use Vlookup to populate the info from the tables on the front page based on that name. The problem is I can't seem to get this list of names from another sheet. Every time I try, I get an error. How would I do this? thanks! Hi,. first insert a name for your list in the other sheet, go to insert, name, ...

Possible to convert xls files to qif files ?
I'd like to export excel files to quicken, can this be done? Does anyone know of a macro or shareware program that can do this? Can excel files also be converted to .txf files? thanks ..txf = tax exchange files ...

Drop-down data not appearing in exported XML
I'm exporting data as XML from an Excel spreadsheet. Cells with plain text in them work fine, but cells with a selection from a drop-down list do not. The XML file shows everything is there, except data from cells with drop-down selections. No error message generated, just no trace of the data. Any suggestions? thanks kc Fixed the problem. Found out that the drop-downs were actually objects placed on top of the cell, the options were not coded into the cells themselves. "Kristi" <kristi@NOSPAMinscriber.com> wrote in message news:MaCdnWD2xtF6CtveRVn-qQ@golden.net... > ...

matlab mex-files with mfc
Hi, I wanted to implement a matlab mex-File with the following command line: mex ParseLine.cpp libc.lib. I linked 'libc.lib' due to the MFC standard objects like CString etc. Compilation and linking was ok, but calling the function in matlab I get the following error message: Unable to load ParseLine.dll Illegal memory access (Unzulaessiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich) Has anybody an idea? thanks in advance, steffen A wrong path is not the reason. The working directory of matlab is the same one where the dll is. If I don't use objects or classes which nee...

Drop down list #8
I created a drop down list using the data, validation menu. It works well. However, I only have two items in the list and I am wondering if there is a better way to alternate between them. With the drop down list it takes a couple of clicks. First you select the cell, then you click to drop down the list, then you highlight the item, then you click on it. Is there a way to select the alternate item with fewer clicks? Don, You need only click the cell, click the dropdown button, then click the desired item. Three clicks. This event-fired sub will alternate between "Choice a&qu...

dragging array UDFs
Hi I built an array function and it is working well. However when I dra it to other cel regions I got the message "VALUE". The exact formul and the code is below. Thanks for any help. Eduardo Exact formula: {=samLMR(B5:B20;0;0)} Code: x is a sorted array. Public Function samLMR(x As Variant, Optional a As Double = 0# Optional b As Double = 0#) As Variant Dim xmom() As Double Dim xm() As Double Dim sum(8) As Double Dim R As Integer Dim C As Integer Dim ReturnColumn As Boolean R = Selection.Rows.Count C = Selection.Columns.Count n = x.Count n = n - nfails If R < C Then nm...

How do I add header information to an Excel file? In other words,.
how do I name the columns? Alvin You cannot rename the columns as such, but if you put you titles in row 1 for example, you can always show these on screen by clicking on B2" and invoking Window>Freeze Panes. You can make them appear on every page of a printout by going to File>Page setup...>Sheet>Rows to repeat at top and entering 1:1 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Alvin M." <Alvin M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1238EA89-E323-4D3D-A851-AA4DB3E16CE0@microsoft....

My Drag Image Flickers
Hi guys, My drag image flickers, I understand the cause of this (I think) but I don't know how to fix it. I use this to auto-scroll during a drag and drop: // in OnTimer() m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(FALSE); SendMessage(WM_VSCROLL,MAKEWPARAM(SB_LINEDOWN,0),NULL); m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(TRUE); So since I'm hiding it, then showing it again, it flickers. Can I fix this ? Thanks, Robert A. ...

Excel and linked files
Just wondering if anyone can help I am running a spreadsheet at work, which has 2 files linked to it. On a computer running windows 2000 and Excel 2000 the links work fine. However, on a computer running Win98SE and Excel 2000, the links only work if the linked files are open when the main spreadsheet is opened. If the 2 linked files are not open, Excel crashes when it tries to link them. Does anyone know what causes this, and whether it can be rectified? If it helps, all 3 files are on a network drive. Many thanks Neal -- "NealUK" wrote... >Just wondering if anyone can hel...

Importing Microsoft Mail (.mmf) File
Dear All, I have been trying to but not succeeded in importing a message file from Microsoft Mail (.mmf) to Microsoft Outlook 2002. The Outlook help indicates that .mmf is amongst the file types which can be imported. However, when I went through the import process, I noted that .mmf is not in the list of file types which can be imported. Can anybody help me, please? Thanks All, JerrySol ...

Removal of STF files?
I have had a few unplanned down times wit h exchange which seem to be corrected, however the .stf files from each of these have not been deleted when the information store was restarted.. Is it ok to delete these files? The STF file is one of the file for the Store, why would want to delete it manually? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Derek Schauland" <derek@briess.com> wrote in message news:6296D98F-4041-4980-B6FB-00D1C2B6C28A@microsoft.com... >I have had a few unplanned down times wit h exchange which seem to be ...

TMP files
One particular Excel workbook that I'm running is automatically and regularly saving a TMP file in the same directory as the Excel file itself, with an identical name as the workbook. These files then refuse to be deleted until the next reboot, saying they are in use by another program. Can anyone explain why this might be happening? Microsoft online help doesn't seem to be able to offer an explanation. Any suggestions most gratefully received. with best wishes, Matt G I've never seen this. But there have been a few posts describing your situation. (But I don't recall ...

Drag and Drop Emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Within entourage, when I drag and drop an email from my inbox to another folder, it &quot;copy/pastes&quot; it instead of moving it permanently so it stays in the original location where I was trying to move it from. Seems the only way around this is to right click on the email and select &quot;Move to&quot; and then select a folder (but I have dozens of folders and this is not quick at all). <br><br>Is there a way to change my settings so when I drag and drop emails, it's a &am...