Drag and Drop does not work

Hi all.

This is funny:
When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an
error message.
When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work.
ANY CLUES?

TIA
Guy

0
NoEmail9920 (149)

Not a single one.  No Outlook version = no clues.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked:

| Hi all.
|
| This is funny:
| When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get
| an error message.
| When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work.
| ANY CLUES?
|
| TIA
| Guy

0
MillyS (3228)
5/28/2006 6:40:25 PM
"Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> This is funny:
> When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get
> an error message.
> When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work.

So just WHERE is this "Backup" thingie that you don't describe actually
located?  Is it perhaps a shortcut in the Outlook Bar?  If so, what
happens when you delete it and recreate it?  It is a pointer to a folder
but that pointer can get corrupted (by changing to a different message
store, for example, so what it points to no longer exists).

--
How to post:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Drag and drop with CRichEditCtrl
I have an application that makes heavy use of the rich edit control. One of the things I needed to do was to customize text when it is pasted or dropped onto the rich edit control. This wasn't too hard to do: I have an object implementing IRichEditOleCallback attached to the rich edit, and in the QueryAcceptData() method I modify the data as needed before adding it to the control. My problem comes with drag and drop, specifically with the "move" drop operation. Following the MSDN documentation, my QueryAcceptData() method returns S_FALSE to indicate that it's processed the d...

MS Works Database (.wdb) File Import
I just want to confirm that there is no easy way to migrate data from an existing MS Works database file (.wdb) into Access, even via an intermediate data format? Done a number of searches and come up with nothing. Read the MS KB article about exporting from Works to dBase, but if you don't have Works ...... Thanks! Don Hi Don, The best way is to have Works. If you don't, there's a database at http://www.j.nurick.dial.pipex.com/Code/index.htm (near the bottom of the page) with sample code that extracts data from some? most? Works databases and puts it in an Access table...

Drop Down list with colours
Hi, Is there any way in Excel to create a drop down list which contains colours? For example to show RAG status (i.e. Red Amber Green). At the moment I can only show text in the drop down list. Would anyone know a way of working around this? Thanks. Thanks Roger, and Chip, for replying. I was playing around with it and found that I could conditionally format the cell depending on the text selected - so if I choose "RED" it goes red. It's just about enough to work for what I intend to use it for, but I'll experiment with your suggestion in case I need to develop thi...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

I am working on calendars, how do I change days of the week from .
It usually works best if you actually include a message. -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

Drop Downs and lookups from other sheets
I have a workbook where the front sheet is a display page and the three sheets behind are reserved for data tables. What I want to do is have one cell in the front page which is a drop down and selects names from one of the tables on the other sheets. From there I can use Vlookup to populate the info from the tables on the front page based on that name. The problem is I can't seem to get this list of names from another sheet. Every time I try, I get an error. How would I do this? thanks! Hi,. first insert a name for your list in the other sheet, go to insert, name, ...

Drop-down data not appearing in exported XML
I'm exporting data as XML from an Excel spreadsheet. Cells with plain text in them work fine, but cells with a selection from a drop-down list do not. The XML file shows everything is there, except data from cells with drop-down selections. No error message generated, just no trace of the data. Any suggestions? thanks kc Fixed the problem. Found out that the drop-downs were actually objects placed on top of the cell, the options were not coded into the cells themselves. "Kristi" <kristi@NOSPAMinscriber.com> wrote in message news:MaCdnWD2xtF6CtveRVn-qQ@golden.net... > ...

OWA not working any more
Hi everyone, we have an Exchange 2000 box running with OWA published over 443 with a commercial certificate. We recently changed ISPs which means that we were allocated a new range of IP addresses, one of which is pointing to the OWA (as it did before - NATting is correct). Since we moved I can not access the OWA from the outside 9/10 times that I try. As i know that the OWA is not clever enough to remember which public address it was using I am assuming that it has something to do with DNS servers not having refreshed in the ether... Is the assumption correct and if it is how can I check (...

Static Pointers Do Not Work Properly in C#?
I am writing an app that uses static arrays in a base class that I only want to define once and shared amongst all instances of that class. On my laptop, that is using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and running Vista, the following code has a problem: unsafe public partial class Test1 { protected static int[] PowersOf2 = new int[12] { 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 }; protected static int* pPowersOf2; // Pointer to the PowersOf2 array. protected static GCHandle gchPowersOf2; // Handle to GCHandle object used to pin the PowersOf2 array. public Tes...

M2007 Live Id no longer working
For the last 2 days I am unable to downlaod information into M2007, it claims the User/password combo is not valid or the servers are down. Anyone else seeing this? -Euan "Euan Garden" wrote: > For the last 2 days I am unable to downlaod information into M2007, it > claims the User/password combo is not valid or the servers are down. > > Anyone else seeing this? > > -Euan > > > I have had the same problem sense the Oct 12 MSN site update. I'm on M2006. In microsoft.public.money, TSquare wrote: > > >"Euan Garden" wro...

Drop down list #8
I created a drop down list using the data, validation menu. It works well. However, I only have two items in the list and I am wondering if there is a better way to alternate between them. With the drop down list it takes a couple of clicks. First you select the cell, then you click to drop down the list, then you highlight the item, then you click on it. Is there a way to select the alternate item with fewer clicks? Don, You need only click the cell, click the dropdown button, then click the desired item. Three clicks. This event-fired sub will alternate between "Choice a&qu...

Why does this date conversion number work?
Hello i had a little problem.... Excel sees a certain date as a date however has the wrong month/day order: 06/09/2004 sees excel as a date: 6 september, however i mean it to be june.... Function Datum_mmddyy(datum As Date) As Date Datum_mmddyy = Format(datum, "dd/mm/yyyy") End Function I now have this function and it actually works in converting th date... i don't quite understand why though haha as it is formatting.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi some ideas: - check your regional settings for the default date format - preformat the cell with the ...

Creating a workflo that sends an e-mail the next working day (at 5
Hi Having problems creating a workflo that sends an e-mail the next working day at 5pm (mon - fri) of the creation date of the entity. Also if the creation date of the entity is on a fri the e-mail must been sent on the next monday at 5pm. Anyone help me on this Many thanks Glennard See this article: http://www.jamesdowney.net/blog/post/Add-by-Business-Days-Workflow-Activity.aspx -- Tanguy T Mon blog CRM : http://mscrmtools.spaces.live.com (FR) http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com (US) "GLENNARD" <GLENNARD@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de gro...

My Drag Image Flickers
Hi guys, My drag image flickers, I understand the cause of this (I think) but I don't know how to fix it. I use this to auto-scroll during a drag and drop: // in OnTimer() m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(FALSE); SendMessage(WM_VSCROLL,MAKEWPARAM(SB_LINEDOWN,0),NULL); m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(TRUE); So since I'm hiding it, then showing it again, it flickers. Can I fix this ? Thanks, Robert A. ...

dragging array UDFs
Hi I built an array function and it is working well. However when I dra it to other cel regions I got the message "VALUE". The exact formul and the code is below. Thanks for any help. Eduardo Exact formula: {=samLMR(B5:B20;0;0)} Code: x is a sorted array. Public Function samLMR(x As Variant, Optional a As Double = 0# Optional b As Double = 0#) As Variant Dim xmom() As Double Dim xm() As Double Dim sum(8) As Double Dim R As Integer Dim C As Integer Dim ReturnColumn As Boolean R = Selection.Rows.Count C = Selection.Columns.Count n = x.Count n = n - nfails If R < C Then nm...

Drag and Drop Emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Within entourage, when I drag and drop an email from my inbox to another folder, it &quot;copy/pastes&quot; it instead of moving it permanently so it stays in the original location where I was trying to move it from. Seems the only way around this is to right click on the email and select &quot;Move to&quot; and then select a folder (but I have dozens of folders and this is not quick at all). <br><br>Is there a way to change my settings so when I drag and drop emails, it's a &am...

how do I set up a header or a footer in the dropping down menu to.
I am trying to set up a footer that I can use throughout many workbooks, just not the sheets. Is there a way do this by setting it up as a predetermined footer or header in the drop down menu You can use a template for new workbooks and new sheets that includes the headers and footers you want. See Help for more information. But this will affect only new workbooks and worksheets, not existing ones. For them, you'll have to change each one manually. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:03:05 -0700, Chrisanna <Chrisanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to set up a footer that ...

Does SumIf work with a range?
I thought you could Sumif on a whole range, ie if A1 to A10 was your criteria range, and B1 to D10 was the range from which to sumif. However it only seems to sum what is in B1 to B10. Is that right? I know I could use an array formula, but that might be a bit complex for the recipient of the file. Try =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="a")*B1:D10) -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) <matthew.turner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168260202.090015.70420@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com... >I thought you could Sumif on a whole range, ie if A1 to A10 was your...

Trying to drop MSCRMDistribution table
I'm trying to delete the CRM tables from SQL, but keep getting "Error 3724: Cannot drop the database because it is being used for replication.". I ran sp_removedbreplication against all of them, and I was able to delete the first three, but the MSCRMDistribution table is still there. The database icon in Enterprise Manager does not have a hand underneath, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error. How can I drop this table? In case anyone is wondering why I'm doing this, I attempted to install CRM earlier this week, but things went astray with the IIS setti...

Drag Capabilities #2
Guys, I seem to have lost that little plus sign that appears in the right hand bottom corner of the cell that allows for dragging formatting and content onto other cells. Help in the this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Subodh Help is available in Excel Help. Try the term "fill handle". -- David Biddulph <subodh.mallya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02f26450-f3a3-4b84-a5f2-a80c1513dd14@v39g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Guys, > > I seem to have lost that little plus sign that appears in the right > hand bottom corner of the cell that allows for draggin...

download or paste a calendar in a work sheet?
I created a work book with numerous work sheets. One of those sheets is named "events to attend" instead of manually entering the needed dates and info in the cells, I would like to download an excel calendar into this work sheet, is this possible ? I haven't been able to figure it out yet if possible? -- Microsoft Office 2003 Version Students and Teachers Edition Windows Vista Home Premium Thank-you Carl R If you mean a pop-up Calendar for date selection see Ron de Bruin's sote. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP ...

What is the best work sheet used to calculate monthly expenses?
I would like to compare salary against monthly expenses and would like to know if there is such a template available. You could try: http://www3.moneysavingexpert.com/files/budget.zip Regards Trevor "Bluze" <Bluze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D98322DF-C811-4FFE-95CE-DA8F05A3A4EC@microsoft.com... >I would like to compare salary against monthly expenses and would like to > know if there is such a template available. ...

drag and drop
I am running Word 07 with Vista. I've lost my "drag and drop" function for moving text in my recent documents. I can select text, but when I click a second time to get the "dragging" arrow, nothing happens and I can't move the text. The option to enable this function under "Advanced" IS checked. I can still cut and paste. I am a freelance editor and have recently installed some templates with macros and add-ins, and I have attached one of them to my normal.dotx for regular use. However, I can't 100% for sure link the problem to that (timi...

Mobile ActiveSynch doesn't work
My new gadget (a windows mobile 5 phone) can synch per USB. Outlook Web Access works fine too. I try to manually Synch my mobile phone per remote, which means: 1. - mobile device opens a VPN-connection over GPRS (this step works) 2. - mobile device should do a manual synch (with ActiveSynch) towards the exchange-server (within the above mentioned VPN). This step doesn't work. I get "waiting for network". When I click on "Menu / Status" on the mobile device, I get "The server cannot be reached. Might be a temporary network proble...

How To Show Drag Image while Dragging Item?
I use MFC 4.2. There are 2 CListCtrls in my app. I am implementing a drag and drop function from one list to another. How to show the drag image when I still choose which item that will accept the drop? Thank you. You can use a CImageList and store a drag image. Look at functions like CImageList ::BeginDrag, CImageList::BeginDrag | CImageList::EndDrag | CImageList::DragMove | CImageList::DragLeave. -Seetharam This article may be interesting to you. It's a little older, but it is still useful information: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/dragdrop...