Downloads Same POP Messages Repeatedly

I'm using Outlook 2002 (SP3). Messages on my pop server get downloaded
repeatedly -- every time I send/receive. This happens only for some
messages.

The same problem is not occurring on the same server with the same account
in Mozilla's mail client, so it's not a POP server issue; rather an Outlook
issue.

I see several posts here with similar problems, but no solution. Is there
one?

-billb

0
billpub (6)

How to be notified when messages are delivered or read

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

Unread Messages Folder in Favorites Folders
I used to have an unread mail folder in my favorite folders. Somewhere along the way it disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. It is nowhere within my 'All Mail Folders' folder tree. This actually happended on a couple of my machines. I know I can setup a 'View' that shows me only unread messages in the current folder. However the other folder showed me uread meassages throught my whole folder tree and all accounts. Thanx. Look in the All Mail Folders tree under Search Folders. If it's not there, right click the Search Folders folder and s...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

New messages ending up in Inbox instead of Draft
Hi Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am using the below code from within Access to send emails via outlook. Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objOutlookMsg .To = "me@mydomian.com" .Subject = "Subject Here" .HTMLBody = "This is the body text..." .Save End With The problem is that instead of messages being saved in Draft folder, they are ending up saved in Inbox. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards I don't know what t...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Importing messages #6

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

Old Messages Being Resent
I am running Exhange 5.5 with NT 4.0 (I know, don't laugh). I moseyed in this morning and found out that messages sent to our parent company only (not internal, and not internet mail) were resent over the weekend multiple times...one guy said he got 137 messages. Some of these messages go all the way back to April and have since been deleted from Sent items and no longer in the user's mailbox. I have checked my Internet Mail Connector and find nothing wrong there or with any particular mailbox. Any insight into what would cause this is greatly appreciated. BCD Hi BCD, The ma...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Message Body Missing
After upgrading to Outlook 2003 message text in the body of the message is missing or no longer visible. ...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...

Download OE 6
I am running Win 98 and O E 5. There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am trying to download 0 E 6. Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so I am unable to open the file. I also get a message saying that another version is pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do not have O E 6. What can I do. Les wrote: > I am running Win 98 and O E 5. > There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am > trying to download 0 E 6. > > Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so > I am unable to open the file. > >...

Error message #12
When I attempt to delete an Email from my inbox in Outlook 2000 I receive the following Error message. "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. Please restart outlook". I've restarted outlook and even rebooted my computer and nothing wooks. Please help Have you applied the Office Service Packs to Office? One of them, I believe it was SP-2, fixes this problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After search...

Outlook Connector downloading blank emails for those moved from in
I view my hotmail emails in Outlook, and regularly move those I want to keep into files I have created within Outlook. On the Windows Live Hotmail website they remain in my inbox. Recently I noticed that when I look at my Outlook inbox there are dozens of items that show as blank headers, and are completely blank when you open them. The only thing they show is the date they were received, and the ison whether they were read, forwarded, replied to etc. By comparing with the Windows Live Hotmail website I have worked out that these "blank" emails are the ones I ha...

downloading
how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do databse You need to purchase it: it's not a free download. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microsoft.com... > how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do > databse "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microso...

MSMoney,Categories,Downloads
I just got a trial copy of MS Money and downloaded my credit card transactions. I want to assign a category to each entry and know how to open each item and click on a chosen category, which it records. What I would like to know is - can I get Money to remember the category for a specific company. For an example, if I make a purchase on my credit card to Target and I download it from my bank, I would like Money to automatically remember that it goes into the Clothing category without me having to select it from the drop down list. Will MS Money do this? Thanks in advance, Richar...

Download calendar error
In attempting to download a calendar template, which I have sucessfully previously, I get the message "error on page" and I'm unable to download the template. Help! Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If this doesn't solve your issue... For some reason, in the past six weeks or so, some folks are having problems with the Media web site. There are suggestions here: http://msauer.mvps.org/clip_organizer_support.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

"Enter Network Passord" keeps popping up
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. Every time I am in Outlook I repeatedly receive a pop up asking for my password. My User name and Password are already inputed but in order to get rid of the pop up I have to click cancel. Then it shows up about again about a minute later. Please let me know what I can do to get rid of this nuisance. Thanks! John, I had this problem when the username was not the full email address. It turns out that is the way our ISP stores the user name and they had to match. Hope this helps. MMD "John D." <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

I download, accept, and the it downloads again
When I download from Capital One, I am notified that I have statements to read. I go into the account, and accept them (there are two). The next time I open Money, it automatically downloads the same two items. So, the last time I used Money, I decided to just keep them as new, and not Accept them. Sure enough, today when I connected, it downloaded them again, so now I have 2 of each new item. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks... jbryant789 I have this exact same problem with all of my accounts. I have had a support case opened since 09/21... no fix yet. They keep getti...

Multiple POP ACcounts
I have two different POP accounts configured. I want to know how to configure outlook to download the mail from the accounts into different folders, that way I don't have to seperate it myself. I am using Outlook 2003. Thanks "Rashaad Balbale" <Rashaad Balbale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A6E7291-E095-4C7C-9D42-B8150F60025D@microsoft.com... >I have two different POP accounts configured. I want to know how to >configure > outlook to download the mail from the accounts into different folders, > that > way I don't have to seperat...

Saving email messages as raw text
Is there a way to save an email message exactly like it came from the server (raw text with headers and mime encoded attachments, etc? Not from outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-...