downloading email into outlook

has anyone had trouble with popping mail from a web-based
email provider like yahoo?

although I have POP3 access with yahoo, I use outlook to
download my msgs... since I prefer to keep a copy of my
msgs on the server, I have selected that option...

however, everytime my outlook syncs with my yahoo email
acct, it downloads ALL the msgs in my yahoo account,
unable to recognize downloaded msgs from the undownloaded
msgs...  does anyone know anyway to fix this problem?
netscape mail (long ago) used to be able to recognize
which msgs that it had downloaded, and would only
download the new msgs...  otherwise I am getting multiple
copies of the same msgs... thx

0
anonymous (74718)

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

How do I set Outlook as my email rather than my ISP?
I'm a complete novice. We are changing ISP and have been told to use Outlook or MSN in future to save changing email addresses every time we change ISP. We have XP and broadband if that means anything. How do I do this please? Outlook doesn't give you an email address, it just retrieves mail. You might want to sign up for a GMail account so you don't have to change addresses if you change ISPs. Outlook can retrieve GMail pretty easily. "redgandalf3" <redgandalf3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA0CFFDE-533D-4B57-913E-AF4D94F218B0@micro...

confirmar email
confima�ao do email ...

Mysterious missing emails
This is strange: I have a user who complains that he doesn’t get all of his emails. At first, I tracked his the "missing" emails using message tracking and I saw that they where delivered to his message store. So I figured he had something configure that was deleting the messages or filtering them. He insists he has no rules that delete the messages. He is a remote user so I cant confirm his outlook config. To verify whether or not the message was hitting the store, I created a new message store to "journal" his email to a public filter, and saw every email he says...

Exchange/Outlook for Church
I've set up, and am administering an active directory domain supporting our church office. We're using MS Exchange with outlook clients. I'm looking for an effective way to set up an address list/book consisting of internet addresses (outside contacts, church members, etc) that is viewable at all times by all users, and is able to be administered by a few (secretary, admin asst, etc) It needs to be globally accessible in the "show names from the..." dropdown list in the to... and addr. book windows. Also, the nature of the church calendar requires it to have Sunday as...

Bulk Email: Outlook client:"Direct email via Mail Merge is off".
I am trying to test bulk email before a big demo. I am following along the task list provided by John O'Donnell in another discussion. When I click to distribute the activity (launched from Outlook) I get a message box that states "Direct email via mail merge is off. The activity cannot be distributed. Please contact your system administrator." I am using the CRM 3.0 VPC. What do I need to do to enable email via mail merge? CRM settings? Or other settings? Thank you in advance. Ensure the "Microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" is running (and is set to automat...

Outbox doesn't refresh
After I send a message the outbox doesn't automatically refresh, the message gets sent but it still shows (1) in the outbox, only after I click on another folder does it refresh. ...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

INTERMITTANT email error with Outlook
Am using Win XP Home and Outlook 2000 SR1. Have Norton Antivirus but still get this error whether Nortin is active or disabled. I have four email addresses and am on tiscali broadband. Intermittantly, when checking send and receive, one or more of the four email accounts will return the following error: "The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error no 0x800ccc0f" If I do nothing - the fault sometimes goes away. If I reboot - the fault sometimes goes away. If I delete the account then re-enter it, the problem usually goes away but not always. This fault is in...

Preview Pane blank in Outlook express

2003 duplicating Junk Email
I have an executive who is currently running two machines at the same time(one in main office and one remote office) When junk email does come through it is duplicating in his Junk email folder. They are time stamped identical, etc. We were able to simulate the problem by setting up two laptops with the same profile (used my account instead this time). We kept them on at the same time and when spam came through it was also duplicated. Both mahcines have Office2K3 SP1 installed as well. Exchange version is 2K Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Dave And what if you disable the Junk ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

Can't open Outlook 2000 pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam how did you move it to the vista machine? is...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

Why does incoming mail go to Outlook Express not Outlook?
I recently transferred to NTL cable and have been using Outlook Express for a while without problems. I then recently obtained and installed Office XP Pro 2002. During installation, a prompt detected that Express was installed and I was asked if I wished to upgrade to Outlook and transfer all data. I accepted. Since then, my incoming mail still goes to Express only. My internet settings confirm that Outlook is now the default. When Express is opened, it states that Express is NOT the default. I ran "Test Settings" which continually failed until I entered my NTL password. It th...

Error Customizing Outlook today in Outlook XXP
This just started after i got locked out of my computer. When I opened Outlook XP I got this message box: CiceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. I had Outlook set up to open on Outlook Today when the message appears. I have changed this so it opens to my inbox, but whenever I click on top of the tree, Outlook Today" it gives me the message above. Anyone have the foggiest idea how to fic this? ...

outlook 2003 signature problem
Hi, I created a signature with two parts. The top portion is a JPEG with logo and static text. The bottom part is simply an active email address and an active website. When you compose a new email, the signature is perfect (when you go and see the message you have sent you can see that the email address and website are active - you could click on them). When the person responds to your email, the signature has slightly moved; the active email and website text have moved vertically up and are on top of the JPEG. Although I have made this text with a text box anchored on the page, i...

Accessing Email
How can I only let users access their email from owa? I do not want them to be able to access their email with outlook or any other pop3 or imap program, they should only be able to access through OWA? Thanks in advance. "Victor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I only let users access their email from owa? I do >not want them to be able to access their email with >outlook or any other pop3 or imap program, they should >only be able to access through OWA? Thanks in advance. You can disable the protocol at various levels, the user, the s...

Closing/Opening Outlook 2007 PST File Loses Indexing
Using XP SP3 / WS 4.0 / O2007. I have several PSTs open in Outlook 2007 that are fully indexed by Windows Search 4.0. If I close them, and then later in another session reopen them, all indexing seemed to be lost and I can no longer search them until the index is built. Is this expected behavior? Is there any fix or workaround? Are they being closed cleanly or is Outlook repairing them on open? I've found that PST repairs typically caused reindexing "ajkessel" <ajkessel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0d19da75-1277-4c42-99af-0314f3532bbb@b31g2000prb.googlegroups.com.....

Some email msgs received as an attachment
We are receiving quite a number of emails where the body of the message isn't in the body but is in an "Untitled Attachment". I can't come up with a rhyme or reason, but for example all messages from our largest customer comes in that way. We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5. Any help troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Outlook 2010
In 2007 I could categorize my incoming email by a particular color, this allowed me to color code particular people and made it very easy to see who had emailed at a glance. This is HIGHLY convenient for someone who receives hundreds of emails a day from all over the company. For example: I could color code the ones from the boss in red, the web department in green, the proofer in blue, etc. It truly helped facilitate the day and the projects moving faster through the system. So, the question is - where have they hidden this in 2010? Thanks!! Try posting to the Office ...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Outlook printing with attachments
Hi, We have e-mails in HTML format that we want to print with attached files to it. We select the e-mail, and in file--Print area, print attached files selected. When we print, it says "Please open HTML message to print it" and doesn't print. When we open, it only prints the first message and not the attached e-mails or sub attachments within that e-mail. Any idea, appreciated. Note: Why file print is different then the "Printer icon" on the screen? MC ...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Emails sent from users that have been deleted???
I thought we closed the open relay on our exchange server 2000 but we still get system administrator undeliverable messages on a regular basis. They will send us spam using old accounts that have been deleted and sometimes they will actually send them from active users so it looks like an employee is sending us spam. Can someone please help me stop this spoofing before I take a baseball bat to my exchange server? We also get about 100 - 200 spam emails daily on some accounts so how can I stop this do I have to upgrade to exchange 2003? Are you talking about backscatter? You're...