Download OE 6

I am running Win 98 and O E 5.
There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am
trying to download 0 E 6.

Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so
I am unable to open the file.

I also get a message saying that another version is
pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do
not have O E 6.

What can I do.
0
anonymous (74718)

Les wrote:
> I am running Win 98 and O E 5.
> There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am
> trying to download 0 E 6.
>
> Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so
> I am unable to open the file.
>
> I also get a message saying that another version is
> pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do
> not have O E 6.
>
> What can I do.

This is an Outlook newsgroup - Outlook Express is part of Internet Explorer
& isn't related to Outlook except partially in name.

You can't run IE6 on Windows 95. Windows 98 is the minimum. Post in a group
for your OS version to see what your options are....but I suggest you look
into an OS upgrade or perhaps a new PC - really time to get off old,
unsupported, insecure OSes!

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

Outlook express 6 not default email client for Internet Explorer 6?
There is no option in Internet Explorer 6 in the programs tab under internet options to support outlook express 6 it only gives the standard Microsoft Outlook and in the newsgroups section it gives an option to support outlook express.....need help want to send links directly with outlook express using the mail icon in internet explorer 6. ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

dotnet versus visual studio 6.0
Hello, Are there things that visual studio 6.0 (VC) got, that visual studio .NET doesn't (i.e ActiveX) ? If so, then why should visual studio .net doesn't have things that old versions have ? Is there any list for difference between old and new version (pros and cons) ? Thanks :) All you can do in VC++ 6.0 can be done in VC++.NET, and generally with less work. -- Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez [MVP] microsoft.public.es.vc FAQ http://vcfaq.europe.webmatrixhosting.net "Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez [MVP]" wrote : > All you can do in VC++ 6.0 can be done in VC++.NET, and gene...

Macro question #6
Just started trying my hand at these. I have the following module which copies data from two cells side by side, copies it to the two rows beneath and keeps going. I want this to repeat till it runs out of entries. I know the technique is looping but no idea where to start. here is the code TIA KK Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 11/15/2003 by ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+n ' ActiveCell.Range("A1:B1").Select Selection.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1:A2").Select ActiveSheet.Paste ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).R...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Importing messages #6

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Outlook Backup #6
When I try to use the backup facility of Outlook I get this message "Cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." I turned off my firewall and antivirus but still got the message. Anyone any ideas TIA Tony Williams Tony Williams <tw@tcp.invalid> wrote: > When I try to use the backup facility of Outlook I get this message > "Cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because > another process has locked a portion of the file." > I turned off my firewall and antivirus but ...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Hyperlink #6
Why doesn't Powerpoint 2007 hyperlink work when slide presentation sent to CD? you should ask this question in a PowerPoint newsgroup, this one is for Publisher -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "DwightA" <DwightA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAAF7AC3-5218-408C-804F-755C699EFA8D@microsoft.com... > Why doesn't Powerpoint 2007 hyperlink work when slide presentation sent to > CD? I don't have PowerPoint but interested. Are you saying that if a PowerPoint file that is on your hard drive contains a w...

Download OE 6
I am running Win 98 and O E 5. There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am trying to download 0 E 6. Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so I am unable to open the file. I also get a message saying that another version is pending so I need to reboot but after reboot I still do not have O E 6. What can I do. Les wrote: > I am running Win 98 and O E 5. > There is a problem with O E 5 which I cannot fix so I am > trying to download 0 E 6. > > Once the download is compltete I get a message Q174360 so > I am unable to open the file. > >...

intall OE
can I install the new version off outlook express without installing the new version of internet explorer (old version is IE4.0 and can't be updated) No. (If you are running Windows 95, the latest version of IE/OE you can install is 5.5 sp2) <m.vdh@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:080801c34cfe$4e57ffe0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > can I install the new version off outlook express without > installing the new version of internet explorer (old > version is IE4.0 and can't be updated) ...

Money 2005
I have used Money since version 2002 and upgraded to 2003, 2004 but I am having problems with 2005. I have two American Express accounts - one for me and for my wife. When I ask Money to update the transactions with the update function it states that it is updating the account with transacitons. After the update I see no transactions downloaded. Now if I go to the American Express site directly and then open an oxf.ofx file (Open Financial Exchange File) it seems to work fine. I get the pop-up box "import complete". The transactions are downloaded fine. How do I get this...

Outlook Connector downloading blank emails for those moved from in
I view my hotmail emails in Outlook, and regularly move those I want to keep into files I have created within Outlook. On the Windows Live Hotmail website they remain in my inbox. Recently I noticed that when I look at my Outlook inbox there are dozens of items that show as blank headers, and are completely blank when you open them. The only thing they show is the date they were received, and the ison whether they were read, forwarded, replied to etc. By comparing with the Windows Live Hotmail website I have worked out that these "blank" emails are the ones I ha...

downloading
how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do databse You need to purchase it: it's not a free download. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microsoft.com... > how do i download microsoft access because i need it for school to do > databse "stacy keir" <stacy keir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BF3DA2-FFFD-4FAF-9D94-8586E096DA95@microso...

How to Install GP 6.0 on new Server
I need to install GP 6.0 on a Win2003 Server with SQL 2000. I am currently using SQL 7.0 on NT4 . I have moved the databases using KB 314546 & KB 246133. The moves worked and the first GP logon to the server works, but when I attempt to logon to the Company, I get an error "Your login has been removed from the user activity file and you cannot be in the accounting system". I checked the Dynamics ACTIVITY table, and it is empty, so I am not hung up there. Did I err in believing that I could just copy the databases etc. and get GP to work? Do I need to follow a diffe...

MSMoney,Categories,Downloads
I just got a trial copy of MS Money and downloaded my credit card transactions. I want to assign a category to each entry and know how to open each item and click on a chosen category, which it records. What I would like to know is - can I get Money to remember the category for a specific company. For an example, if I make a purchase on my credit card to Target and I download it from my bank, I would like Money to automatically remember that it goes into the Clothing category without me having to select it from the drop down list. Will MS Money do this? Thanks in advance, Richar...

Download calendar error
In attempting to download a calendar template, which I have sucessfully previously, I get the message "error on page" and I'm unable to download the template. Help! Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If this doesn't solve your issue... For some reason, in the past six weeks or so, some folks are having problems with the Media web site. There are suggestions here: http://msauer.mvps.org/clip_organizer_support.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

I download, accept, and the it downloads again
When I download from Capital One, I am notified that I have statements to read. I go into the account, and accept them (there are two). The next time I open Money, it automatically downloads the same two items. So, the last time I used Money, I decided to just keep them as new, and not Accept them. Sure enough, today when I connected, it downloaded them again, so now I have 2 of each new item. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks... jbryant789 I have this exact same problem with all of my accounts. I have had a support case opened since 09/21... no fix yet. They keep getti...

Excel Download #3
Please help! I'm a big dummy when it comes to computers. I have windows Xp Home Addition and I need Excel to open a spread sheet that was sent to me. Is there such a thing as a free download just for Excel. Thank you Hi you have to buy Excel. Though you may tzy the free Excel viewer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4eb83149-91da- 4110-8595-4a960d3e1c7c&displaylang=en -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "alms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2ffc01c4c131$1236dc40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Please help...

Unwanted 2006 Transactions Downloaded
When I perform a download into my Money file, I get a bunch of 2006 transactions that I don't want and have to manualy delete them. I recently updated my Money file to only contain 2007 tranactions for the new year. Is there any way to not get the annoying 2006 transactions? <shoeheel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171734703.761739.226680@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to not get the annoying 2006 transactions? That probably depends on your bank. I suspect the answer is no. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL You did an archive, right? At some point,...