Download Message Error

When trying to receive mail in Outlook 2003 I receive a message "0x80042110
Your POP3 Server is providing inconsistent information.  The number of
messages returned by the STAT command does not match the number of items
returned by the UIDL or LIST commands".  I have had this message before and
found an answer in Microsoft's Knowledge Database.  There was a file I had
to add in 'old' in the file name, reboot and restart Outlook and that fixed
the problem.  I can't find this help topic anywhere in the Knowledge
Database now.  Does anyone know what to do, please?  (I know, I know - I
should have saved a copy of the solution the last time it happened!)

Thanks,

David.

David Patterson <david.w.patterson@btinternet.com> wrote:

> When trying to receive mail in Outlook 2003 I receive a message
> "0x80042110 Your POP3 Server is providing inconsistent information. The
> number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match
> the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands".  I have
> had this message before and found an answer in Microsoft's Knowledge
> Database.  There was a file I had to add in 'old' in the file name,
> reboot and restart Outlook and that fixed the problem.

For earlier versions of Outlook, that information was kept in a file, but
Outlook 2003 keeps it in a hidden message in the delivery location data
store, so there's no file to rename.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/17/2008 1:04:13 PM
Brian,

Thank you but I have previously performed the operation of amending the name
of a file with Outlook 2003 and it worked.   If you think that is not right
for Outlook 2003 then how do I solve the problem?

Thanks,

David

> David Patterson <david.w.patterson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> When trying to receive mail in Outlook 2003 I receive a message
>> "0x80042110 Your POP3 Server is providing inconsistent information. The
>> number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match
>> the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands".  I have
>> had this message before and found an answer in Microsoft's Knowledge
>> Database.  There was a file I had to add in 'old' in the file name,
>> reboot and restart Outlook and that fixed the problem.
>
> For earlier versions of Outlook, that information was kept in a file, but
> Outlook 2003 keeps it in a hidden message in the delivery location data
> store, so there's no file to rename.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian,

Thank you but I have previously performed the operation of amending the name
of a file with Outlook 2003 and it worked.   If you think that is not right
for Outlook 2003 then how do I solve the problem?

Thanks,

David

> David Patterson <david.w.patterson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> When trying to receive mail in Outlook 2003 I receive a message
>> "0x80042110 Your POP3 Server is providing inconsistent information. The
>> number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match
>> the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands".  I have
>> had this message before and found an answer in Microsoft's Knowledge
>> Database.  There was a file I had to add in 'old' in the file name,
>> reboot and restart Outlook and that fixed the problem.
>
> For earlier versions of Outlook, that information was kept in a file, but
> Outlook 2003 keeps it in a hidden message in the delivery location data
> store, so there's no file to rename.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

David Patterson <david.w.patterson@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Thank you but I have previously performed the operation of amending
> the name of a file with Outlook 2003 and it worked.   If you think
> that is not right for Outlook 2003 then how do I solve the problem?

Try a new mail profile.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Exchange user remote keeps geting 503 errors
I've got a sales rep out on vacation - he brought his office laptop with him (outlook 2003). We have Exchange 2003 back in the office and before he left we set his earthlink account (POP) to be his default. He's authenticating to the POP server to sent out but keeps gettings on 4/26/2006 5:44 PM 503 No recipient(s). errors. Any thoughts you may have out there? Thanks, Brad What smtp addresses are you mailboxes stamped with? Any non-routable like user@domain.local? Nue "Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer28@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:mjW3g.76782...

Rules in error #4
I have been using Outlook for sometime, but recently have set up several rules to help filter e-mail. I have the following rules running in this order 1. Exception list 2. Redirects e-mail to a folder based on account rec. on 3. same as rule two but a different account. 4. Permanently delete any message sent from an account on the adult list. 5. Pemranently delete any message containing specfic words in there subject. What is happening is when rule five is activated, at times I get a "Rules In Error" message box. The box states that rule 5 is in error, that I do not have permis...

throttle bandwidth of incoming messages on Exchange 5.5?
I just doubled my incoming bandwith on the Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth a bit - the server is older and is really getting hit when a large file is sent? Same question for outgoing messages. -- Thanks in advance, Les Caudle Les Caudle wrote: > I just doubled my incoming bandwith on the Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. > > Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth a bit - the server is older and is > really getting hit when a large file is sent? > > Same question for outgoing messages. > -- > Thanks in advance, Les Caudle Lower the messag...

Forwarding more than 2 messages results in messages bundled as attachments
Is there any way to forward multiple emails within Outlook (xp) as seperate emails to the recipient? If you try to highlight more than one message and forward it, it will treat the emails as attachments within the message. Thanks the only way is one at a time... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote...

OMA - Error 400
I have been completely unsuccessful in setting up OMA on our exchange server. OWA works just fine and has been doing so for some time now. - This is an SBS2003 (upgraded from sbs2000) with Exchange 2k3 SP2 (also tried with SP1) and Win2k3 SP1 and SBS2k3 SP1 (and Sharepoint SP1). logon domain if testdomain.local, smtp domain is testdomain.com When trying to access via IE6, at http://testserver/oma (or https) I receive the following error: Unable to connect to your mailbox on server TESTSERVER. Please try again later. If the problem persists contact your administrator. Searching news and web...

How to be notified when messages are delivered or read

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

Unread Messages Folder in Favorites Folders
I used to have an unread mail folder in my favorite folders. Somewhere along the way it disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. It is nowhere within my 'All Mail Folders' folder tree. This actually happended on a couple of my machines. I know I can setup a 'View' that shows me only unread messages in the current folder. However the other folder showed me uread meassages throught my whole folder tree and all accounts. Thanx. Look in the All Mail Folders tree under Search Folders. If it's not there, right click the Search Folders folder and s...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

New messages ending up in Inbox instead of Draft
Hi Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am using the below code from within Access to send emails via outlook. Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objOutlookMsg .To = "me@mydomian.com" .Subject = "Subject Here" .HTMLBody = "This is the body text..." .Save End With The problem is that instead of messages being saved in Draft folder, they are ending up saved in Inbox. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards I don't know what t...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

Replication Errors
Hello, I have 5 branches with DCs on each location and the one with the all the FSMO role is our Corporate DC. I am having trouble clearing the replication errors from all 5 branches because when I type in "net view \\DC" I get a message that access was denied. My plan of action was: Shutdown all 5 DCs in each location then use ntdsutil to remove all of the 5 DCs instance from our Corporate DCs AD Clean out the DNS on the Corporate DC in reference to all 5 DCs. Bring up the 5 DCs and just connected to a hub not on the LAN, then dcpromo using /forceremoval switch...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Importing messages #6

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Error in Pipeline report when selecting Sales Stage
When I try to select Group By Sales Stage I get this error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for data set 'DSPipelineBySalesStage'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) I am using a Sales Process btw. all selected opps have the process active. Before I dive deep into the bowels of the Pipeline code I was hoping someone has seen this. -- Thanx Glen oops, thought I had searched the KB on this before, but there is a known bug - article 927589 - the Step name var in the report is only set to varchar(40) (geez). You just edit the rdl...

Disable attachment message
We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to open attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not find it there either ? TIA Darryl You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave W...

Outlook 2003
We have a small office of just six users who are all on Office 2003. When the Message settings on a message are set to an Importance of Low or High, the recipient gets the message with a Normal Importance. The same thing is happening with the sensitivity settings. However, when using my personal laptop, these settings work on both sending and receiving, using the same network connection as the machines in the office. Any ideas? ...

0x8004010F sync errors
Hi, Outlook 2003 SP2, Exchange 2000 SP3, only one Exchange server. The installation is about one month old. Nothing was recently changed, but now we are getting error 0x8004010F Microsoft Exchange offline address book in the Sync Issues Folder. I deleted the profile and recreated it under another name, but that did not help. Manually sending and receiving produces an error that an item cannot be found (in GAL). The GAL _is_ there, though, and readable, in the Outlook client. I came across http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275171/en-us article about resetting the system folders but frankly ...

Welcome Message
Hi, I have a user who receives the Outlook Welcome Message everytime they open Outlook. How can i stop the message from appearing? Thanks, Jen see below: From: Outlook 2003 Team [mailto:olteam@Microsoft.com] Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 8:32 PM To: New Outlook User Subject: Welcome to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Thank you for using Microsoft� Office Outlook� 2003! This version of Outlook includes new capabilities designed to help you access, prioritize, and act on communications and information so that you may use your time more efficiently and more easily manage the ever-incre...

Old Messages Being Resent
I am running Exhange 5.5 with NT 4.0 (I know, don't laugh). I moseyed in this morning and found out that messages sent to our parent company only (not internal, and not internet mail) were resent over the weekend multiple times...one guy said he got 137 messages. Some of these messages go all the way back to April and have since been deleted from Sent items and no longer in the user's mailbox. I have checked my Internet Mail Connector and find nothing wrong there or with any particular mailbox. Any insight into what would cause this is greatly appreciated. BCD Hi BCD, The ma...

Error when export data to excel
I am having a problem that when i export the data from the form/report to excel, there are missing data. My form/report data come from query. And there are some memo fields. How can I solve this problem? I saw someone mentioned about the solution below. But my data comes from query. How can I overcome this problem? Thanks. ####### If you're exporting from a query, then make sure of the following: Do not use a Group By query Do not use the DISTINCT or DISTINCTROW modifers Do not use and functions in any columns (Left(), Mid(), InStr(), IIF(), etc.) If you absolutely need these things...

Kerberos errors & network problems after large email mailshot?
Hello all, and a happy new year! I wondered if I could get some ideas for what happened on a SBS 2003 server I look after last night. I was notified that there was a problem with the server, the client said they had sent a "large volume" of emails as a mailshot, subsequent to this they couldn't connect to the server. When I tried to get in, I couldn't connect to the server, but the computer which sent the emails was visible, online, and would let me connect in (using logmein). I could, from there, ping the server fine, but I could not issue a remote shut...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...