Double the Attachments - Double the Fun?

Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment?  At
first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some
of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail'
folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent.  Do we have
an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly?

0
mailrichard (109)

Attachments not forwarding?
There is an issue that occurs at random where attachments are not forwarded off to all users. The attachment is stripped off and not sent. It doesn't happen all the time. We thought it was an issue related to pst files which we no longer have and still experience the issues. Could this be related to Exchange 2003 or Outlook? Has anyone else ever had this problem or could offer steps to try to find a resolution. It isn't specific to one user, one OS, etc, just seems to be random. rocketz21 <rocketz21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There is an issue that occurs ...

email attachment
Received email with excel attachment. I have excel 2002 and am really a newby on excel. When i try to open attachment it says the qpw.:file format not valid. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Sherrie ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ QPW is a Quattro Pro Project file. I am not sure what that is, but the following link explains what file formats are supported by Excel 2002. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291051&P...

All body text recevied as .txt file or .html file attachments
Help please. All the body text of my emails is coming through as attached .txt or .html files and is highly inconvenient. This is in a business environment using MDaemon as the mailserver. This is only happening on my client and there are not any special settings check (as far as I can tell). My mail client is Outlook 97. Thank you in advance for any solution. ...

Sending a WORD 2002 document as attachment to an Outlook Express e
Having selected FILE, SEND TO from the WORD toolbar, the pull-out does not include an option for sending the document as an attachment to an email....neither is the option there but grayed out This is true despite the fact I have chosen TOOLS. OPTIONS, GENERAL and check-marked "Mail as attachment". Is this a limitation or have I configured something incorrectly? Don't know if this is pertinent, but am using Windows Explorer 7, and from an explorer window have selected TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS, and selected Outlook Express as my email program. I know I...

CRM mailmerge should have option to attach to activity letter reco
CRM mailmerge using word is very time consuming and you also have to manually attach the save document to the activity letter record. can't there be a one click option to send letter to someone and add as attachment to actvity record. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Office 2007 attachment in Outlook problem
when i receive Office 2007 attachments in Outlook OWA the fille saves and opens as a compressed zip folder. I do have Office 2007 installed on my machine. When i open the compressed zip folder i still cannot find a file that will open, only the XML files and folders. thank you for your help. ...

Location of attachements within the message body
I moved recently to Outlook 2002 SP-2 under Windows XP professional V 5.1 SP 1. When I insert attachments to an email message (including by drag and drop) all the attachments appear as a list within an 'Attach...' field that is added automatically by Outlook under the "Subject" field and above the text area. I am not able to place the attached files within specific locations in the message body. I used to do this with no problems when I used outlook 2000 under Windows 2000 (and I never had all the attachments placed in the aforementioned "Attach" fiel...

can't open attachments #6
message is: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your file This happens when they are Word docs I sent to myself from work. What's happening? You need to adjust your security settings in outlook: tools/options/security, then check the internet zone, uncheck the box that says do not allow attachments. >-----Original Message----- >message is: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your >file > >This happens when they are Word docs I sent to myself from work. What's >happening? > > >. > Look here for help a...

Attachment Datatype
i'm using Access 2007. I cannot find the Attachment data type in table design mode. Can you tell me why? Also I have another question. In form design mode, I want to create a label control. After I type 'F&AD" as the caption property, it displays as "FAD" in form view. It seesm Access does not accept the "&" sign. Can you help explain why? thanks in advance. Not familiar with 2007 (don't even know what an "attachment" datatype is). However, in answer to your second question, the ampersand (&) is a character Access uses to co...

Emails with Attachments
I would like to export 350 HTML email messages -- each with a TEXT email message attached to it -- using the [File] - [Import and export...] - [Export to a file] method (or any other method) such that the content of each HTML email message and that of each attached TEXT email message are exported. Is there a straightforward or suitable workaround method for doing this? Thanks! Steve Forrestor xgfr92yx@yahoo.com Note: Remove spam-spoofing x's to email me directly. "Steve Forrestor" <xgfr92yx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Z62dneANjZSl32TcRVn-uQ@comcast.com... >...

can't send attachments to specific recipient
User has Outlook 2003+SP2. For some reason, when he sends emails to his home account (RoadRunner) from his work account, the message arrives but no attachments are included. He can send attachments to anyone else, both internal to our system and external. I can send emails with attachments to his RR account from my work account, and he gets the attachments. Here's a kicker: if he uses our Outlook Web Access to send an email with attachments to his RR account, HE GETS THE ATTACHMENTS. I can find no setting anywhere in Outlook that would prevent sending attachments to a particular recipie...

Outlook express does not accept some attachments
I have a user running W2K and uses outlook express 5.0. We have noticed from time to time he does not receive attachments from two other users that we know of. The other two users are running W2K and Outlook 2K and the other is XP with Outlook 2K. This is an intermittent problem, probably occurring about twice per week. The attachments vary from word, .xls, .ppt, and Visio files. All users are keeping attachments under 3Mb which is the limit for the mail boxes. I am curious is there a setting that is preventing the attachments getting to him? If the other users copy myself or ...

Removing Attachments
Is it possible to delete all attachments in all e-mail messages en masse? Jeff In news:-_KdnfdlqZRqIefYnZ2dnUVZ8tu3nZ2d@bt.com, Jeff Granger <jeff.granger@btclick.com> typed: > Is it possible to delete all attachments in all e-mail messages en > masse? > Jeff Not natively, but search for 'housekeeping' at www.slipstick.com (without the quotes). Try our attachment stripper at http://www.lbetoolbox.com/ -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & e...

E-Mail Attachments in Templates
Does anyone know if it is possible to add an attachment to an email template? This is to use with the direct email feature. If so how can I do this? Thanks in advance Hi CJ, There is no way in MSCRM v1.x to do this. The best approach would be to include a URL in the email that links to a document on your companies website. Regards, Alex -- This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights. "cj-" wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to add an attachment to an email template? > This is to use with the direct email feature. > If so how can I...

Outlook attachments #7
I attached an image to an email and now every time I send other attachments, that original image attaches itself too. Does anyone know how to prevent this? Thanks, grimbo What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. Also, what message format are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer grimbo <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I attached an image to an email and now every time I send | other attachm...

Opening Attachments
If I already have a file open in excel and I try to open an attachment from an email the attachments will not open. To get the attachment to open I must open a new session of excel. Other people I work with are always able to open attachments even if they have multiple excel files already open. Is there some setting I can change to solve this problem? Sometimes one of these works for a similar problem with MSIE. Maybe it'll fix your email, too. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then...

Attachments Not Showing up in Outlook 2000
Recipients of my e-mails with attachments are able to view the message but do not see attachments when there is more than one, i.e. if I sent only one file attachment, they can see the icon and open it, but if I send more that one, they see no attachments. They say they are not having this problem with attachments send from others, so the problem must be with my Outlook. Has anyone experienced this? Do some of the recent viruses cause a problem like this? Not much help from me, but just saying I am having the same problem. One file is OK, but multiple files do not show, even if I z...

Inconsistent issues with attachments
I am running Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6811) SP3 in a network situation. We also run Symantec AntiVirus Corporate 8.1.0825. I am having an issue opening occasional attachments, particularly .pdf's. When I click on the attachment (either to save or to open) I receive "The operation failed" error. I cannot forward the e-mail either. (Same error message.) I can reply and delete though. Once I get this error message, I find that I cannot open up some of the files I have previously been able to open. But only some. Others work fine. Likewise, if I'm successful at opening a file, an...

Attachments 11-23-06
Do we have a Best Practice document for storing attachments? The issue for us is duplicate copies of the same document being stored in CRM, Server and Remotes. The best approach would be to choose to attach or not. I'm not able to locate this preference setting in CRM -- seems there is no choice. Therefore what is the best practice for updating, storing, synchronising, attaching? Microsoft CRM currently doesn't have an "auto synch" for its attached documents. The best practice is to standardize on the location of your "master" document management sy...

Attachments #115
In Outlook 2003, how do I set how attachments are sent IE: right now all attachemnts are inserted into the body of the eamil. I would like them to be attached as a line-item under the SUBJECT... Thanks - -- Sean D. If you send the mail in Plain Text or HTML the items will go into the attachment field under Subject. In Rich Text Format mail items the attachments end up where ever in the body you insert them "SeanD" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OrHc3kboFHA.1480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2003, how do I set how attachments are sent IE: r...

problem with email attachment
We have exchange 2007 enterprise server and outlook 2003 client. At least one of my VP is not getting .pdf attachment( and I am too now as I am testing this issue) from one of our client. Attachment shows in OWA and blackberry but not in outlook. Message header shows: MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0043_01CA822F.E132D840" X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0 Thread-Index: AcqAHbrOPQ9H/prIRmutFy668NF2+wAgTYrQAGhombA= Content-Language: pt-br In google search, I see several post which talks about multipart/related...

Cannot Open .wav attachment in Outlook 2002
Having problems openning and saving Unity (.wav) files received via Outlook 2002. Receive the following Warining Message: "Cannot save the attachement. Can't creat file: VoiceMessage.wav. Right-click the folder you want to creat the file in, and then click the Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." ...

email attachments #23
My new XP computer receives email attachments that are formatted in NotePad - this is a strange script I can't read. Is there a default I need to reset? Linda S <Linda S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My new XP computer receives email attachments that are formatted in > NotePad - this is a strange script I can't read. Is there a default > I need to reset? You're receiving an attachment whose file type is associated with Notepad. If you know what application created the attachment originally (if you don't, ask the sender, presumably whom you know - if...

Send pdf inline (not as attachment)
Is there a way to send a pdf file as the message and not as an attachment? I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it. Thanks Ehm... "I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it." Then you'll need to send it as a PDF as the message format also depends on the mailclient being used an whether or not the mailserver supports that type of formatting. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an O...

mail merge a document with an attachment
I currently send out periodic emails to groups of individuals, and those emails have an attachment. I can do a Mail Merge in WORD, but can't figure out how to inclulde the attachment in each email. I can do a Mail Merge in Outlook, but either select a new or existing document, and again, I don't know how to include an attachment in the document. I know how to create an outlook template, but when doing a Mail Merge, it doesn't give me the option to use an outlook template. Any suggestions? Attachments cannot be used in a mail merge. You'll need to look at third par...