DOC> files

cannot open a DOC. FILE, IT SAYS TO CHANGE SOMETHING IN
FOLDERS

Hi, Eric - see my reply to your later post.

Eric wrote:
> cannot open a DOC. FILE, IT SAYS TO CHANGE SOMETHING IN
> FOLDERS

0
lanwench (7567)

Best wa to Read, Write/Create XML-Files
Hello, I have to solve the following task: - create an editor-application in c# to read, modify and create xml-files - .xsd-schema-file is available and can be used Currently, I am thinking of the following way to do the job: - use xsd.exe to create basic c#-classes from xsd.file (modify these classes according to my particular needs) - read xml-file and create according object-hyrarchie with the classes (READ) - serialize the classes to create xml-file (WRITE) Is this a good way to do the job? Do you have better suggestions? Is it necessary to create static classes from the xsd-file (us...

Converting CSV to TAB file
Hi ALL Trying hard to convert csv to tab delimited file using power shell 2.0. Based on what I read this command should work. It however doesn't work for me. It actually puts 't instead of tabbed space for the comma. { $_ -replace ",","`t"} Also, not seeing -delimiter option in export-csv which might do the trick as I read somewhere. Thanks in Advance for any suggestions. Sunil Try import-csv data.csv | export-csv datatabbed.csv -delimiter "`t" - Larry On 5/5/2010 4:21 PM, Sgupta wrote: > Hi ALL > ...

Double-clicking opens a .tmp file
When I open a PPT 2007 file by double-clicking on it, it opens it as a .ppt temp file in (Compatibility Mode). Why? But if I do a "file open", it opens the 2007 files properly (as .pptx, i.e. 2007 files). Is there a preference I can set to fix that? -- Marc In article <3DAB6807-483E-4F10-9EB9-47C5C5BDECC5@microsoft.com>, Marcus Analyst wrote: > When I open a PPT 2007 file by double-clicking on it, it opens it as a .ppt > temp file in (Compatibility Mode). > > Why? But if I do a "file open", it opens the 2007 files properly (as .pp...

Create a PDF file fromt a workbook file
Hello, I need to create a pdf file from a workbook file using code. I know how to do it by printing to PDFWriter or Distiller, but I was hoping there is a simpler way. I noticed that the Acrobat installer added a button to the Excel commandbar for converting to PDF. I tried recording a macro while doing a conversion, but there was nothing in the macro so I guess Adobe is using one of their PlugIns, as usual. Any help would be appreciated. Ragnar On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:05:06 -0500, "Ragnar Midtskogen" <ragnar_ng@optonline.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I need to creat...

Link to a doc
I want to be able to have a document link to a contact. Every contact has an excel file that is saved on another server that contains there marks and I want to be able to attach the document. This would eliminate a step for my users. I also need to be able to open the document, post a mark and then be able to save and overwrite the original. Is this possible..... ...

How to distinguish between binary and ASCII file on file opening?
I am writing an applicatioin that will need to distinguish between binary and ASCII file to be loaded from hard disk so that different processing is applied to different type of file. Is there any simple way to identify the type of file during the file opening process? Thank you. CFF You should analyse the ending of the file, mostly this will give you a hint. Bernhard CFF wrote: > I am writing an applicatioin that will need to distinguish between > binary and ASCII file to be loaded from hard disk so that different > processing is applied to different type of file. > > Is...

JPG Files #2
Just installed Outlook 2003. Can no longer view jpg files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach??? Have cleaned out my temp internet files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Thx Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure you select to always open that file with the selected program You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has been replaced by Picture Manager. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Cre...

File MSVCR80.dll not found
Just tried to run a trial copy of Outlook 2007 that came with my Shadow phone. It appeared to install Ok, but when I tried to run it received the message "This application failed to start because file MSVCR80.dll was not found". What is problem and where can I get this file. Are you using Norton as an Anti Virus for your Outlook ?=20 --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "T&V Seitz" <tvs-fl@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message = news:eNYtFXBQIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.ph...

Slow opening files
Just helped out a friend who had aworkbook which was opening very slowly. On most of his sheets, the used range was well beyond the cells with entries. For example, his last entry one worksheet was M300, but Excel as saying it was IV2017. We tried deleting all unused columns and rows, but it didn't shrink the used range, which surprised us. Deleting all shapes and comments didn't do any good (we didn't keep that file). We then realized there were hidden rows and columns so we unhide them and then deleted the columns and rows beyond the real used range. We saved and re-opened ...

continious page nos while inserting pages from 2nd doc to 1st doc
i have 3 pages template in 2nd page from macro i am inserting file doc2 where bookmarks are there for i=0 to 2 Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToSection, Which:=wdGoToLast Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1 Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakContinuous Selection.InsertFile Filename:=mstrTemplatePath, Range:="mtaLoop", ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False For Each frmfld In ActiveDocument.FormFields Select Case frmfld.Name Case "mta070" ...

XML File and Select
What is the best way to find information within an xml file. I'm using it as a Config file for a site. I'm playing with XMLTextReader. Is there a better way? Thanks Glenn Glenn, > What is the best way to find information within an xml file. I'm using it > as a Config file for a site. I'm playing with XMLTextReader. Is there a > better way? You could also load it into an XmlDocument or XPathDocument and use XPath to query it. That would certainly be easier. -- Tomas Restrepo tomasr@mvps.org Glenn Leifheit wrote: > What is the best way to find infor...

html docs to publisher docs
I have managed to delete the publisher file, but have the index and index_files. Is there a way I can reverse engineer these html files to the original publisher file? At the end of this article you will find a way to reconstruct your Publisher file from your web files: Common Sense Computing 101 aka "Why in the world would you lose your publisher file?" : http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/19/81461.aspx In the future, please post your web related questions in the web group and we will try to help you there: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "w...

Importing CSV file into single column/multiple rows vs. multiple rows/single column
Hello, I need to know how to import data into a single column with multiple rows. By default, when importing a CSV or TAB txt file, it imorts data across multiple columns in one row but I need it to go into one column and multiple rows. I don't have the option on the import wizard. Thanks, Brian Brian, Open it as usual, then do a copy pastespecial transpose. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message news:1119877803.916313.176730@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, I need to know how to import data into a single column with > multiple rows. B...

Error on log file growth.
I am getting this error when we try to grow a logfile. FCB::ZeroFile(), GetOverLappedResult(): Operating system error 27(The drive cannot find the sector requested.) encountered. SQL 2008 Enterprise 64 bit SP1 Windows 2008 R2 64 bit fully patched. Latest firmware and drivers for HP EVA 6400 San, 4 8GB QLogic HBAs TIA! David Hay On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:52:06 -0700 (PDT), David Hay <david.hay@gmail.com> wrote: > >I am getting this error when we try to grow a logfile. > >FCB::ZeroFile(), GetOverLappedResult(): Operating system error 27(The >dri...

CFileDIalog crashes when mouse over file
Hi I have a strange problem... I have a save button in my app. The code is below: CFileDialog dlgFile (FALSE, NULL, NULL, NULL, "My Custom File (*.myc)|*.myc|"); dlgFile.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = defaultImagePath; CString m_CurrentImagePath; int retVal = dlgFile.DoModal(); if (retVal == IDOK) { .... } The 1st time i click on the button everything is fine, the dialog opens and functions normally. The 2nd time however, i get the following error, but ONLY when I hover over a file that matches the filter specified (*.myc) Error: "Unhandled exception in MyApp.exe (SHELL3...

problems with hyperlinks to Xcel docs
I've gad sp2 installed recently and discovered that since: 1 - Hyperlinks to other Excel workbooks do not work, 2 - links to other office docs do work. I tried different method: Shift-Click or Ctrl-CLick but not luck so far. Any idea? Many TIA Joseph ...

doc size limitations
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC why are doc sizes limited to printer settings? i like to do floor plans and can never do an entire floor, just room by room. if i shrink things to 1/4 of the original dimensions, zooming in just makes things less sharp. is there any way to enlarge my doc size that i'm not seeing and save it as a custom setting? <br><br>e.g., i want to do six rooms, including bath, in a 32'X28' area. i can work with these dimensions with in a 1:12 ratio, but i can't customize the paper size to, say, 35...

Picture File
Hello, I have a problem that just started for no apparent reason. I have been using photo's edited in Picture IT 2000, I cut-out a part of a photo and then save it in either JPEG or Picture it format then insert it in my Publisher projects, no problem. However this last time I try to do the same and for some reason the photo keeps a white background around the object that I cut-out. Example : I cut out a picture of a hat in Picture it and then I insert it on someone's head in a publisher project. This used to come out ok and then for some reason the "cut-out" hat had a white ...

saving ms publisher files in a different file format
I create a business card in microsoft publisher 2000. I save it. It saves as a .pub file. If I want to use the file in email or paint shop or whatever, none of my programs will accept .pub files. And, publisher won't let me save the file as a .jpg, .gif, or anything like that. How do I save or convert or ? a publisher file in another file format so I can insert it into email, word, paint shop, or any software program I need to use it in? Appreciate any help, Nancy refer to http://www.microsoft.com/office/using/column16.asp and http://www.mvps.org/publisher/compatibility.html -- ...

Importing text files from an email
Hi, As always I want to say thanks for all those respond and make this a great community. I recieve an email everyday with a text file, is there a simple automated way to import the data into access. It is a simple manual task, but automated is nice. Manual process Recieve email> right click text file>save as> open access and use the get exteranl data> import functions. Thanks Rob Look at rules in outlook to push the attachment to a standard location. Then use access, a button and/or macro/vba to check that directory location and import what it finds. Error checking is...

insert pub doc into pub doc- how?
Person sent me publisher document with page 3 & 4 blank. Then sent me pages 3 & 4 publisher document. I want to put pages 3 & 4 into the first publisher document. I have tried copy and paste but the copy does not copy whole page--maybe I have to do Group? Just got one box. File import said something about Word document-did not help! Thanks for suggestions! Susan Try Edit|Select All and then copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Susan" <dsnsacree@msn.com> wrote in message news:OkfdhzK3EHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Person ...

Making 1 big excel file 10 small files
I have to a list of contacts into groups of 100, is there a way excel can do that faster then just having to cut and paste into new files? A divide comand or something? Please Help! Thanks Coffeemaker wrote: > I have to a list of contacts into groups of 100, is there a way excel can do > that faster then just having to cut and paste into new files? A divide comand > or something? Please Help! > > Thanks It's slightly easier to copy the file 10 times, then delete the parts you don't want in each new file. Less chance for mistakes, too. donc ...

Importing excel files into access 97
I am trying to import excel files into an access 97 database however having gone through the file and import menu the only options i have in the "Files of type" dropdown menu are ms access and ODBC database files. Excel etc are missing. I have tryed reinstalling the whole of office pro 97 with no joy. Can anyone help? Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. It sounds like the Excel and Text ISAM drivers are not registered properly. If any ISAM drivers are not registered properly (mstext35.dll, msexcl35.dll) you will need to registe...

Exchange as file storage
I have a client who asked whether they can use their Exchange Account (Outlook Anywhere) as a way to storage some files. They are planning on doing that basically via files attached to emails and also to notes in Public folders. Now, I know this is generally not a good idea and I know the general Exchange storage limits. But I am trying to quantify it all a little bit. Of course it is ok to have say 25 MB worth of emails and attachments in an Exchange account. And of course, a mailbox size of say 3GB is not OK. So somewhere in between is a limit and I am trying to find out what that is. It m...

Doc/View question
I have reached a point where I need input on the following: For some time I have used MFC created apps with Doc/View and made my base view class as CFormView. It was convenient and quick, but I was putting all of my data variables in the ViewClass since that was where the class wizard put all my control variables and it seemed convenient in my ignorance. If I had to access files I used ofstream from within my view class. So now it has become apparent that I have things backwards (so it appears from what I read ) in that I should have been creating data variables in the CDocument...