Distinguish one e-mail account from another.

This is merely a matter of  appearance... I am running Outlook 2003 -I have
two e-mail accounts in my Outlook - one for business and one personal.
Is there a way to make one a different font, or background on one a different
color, so as to distinguish one account  from the other quickly? Right now
both are
the typical Microsoft Blue border and sometimes it is confusing as to which
I have open unless I look at the title panel....thanks.
0
LisaW (1)

"LisaW" <LisaW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> This is merely a matter of  appearance... I am running Outlook 2003 -I have
> two e-mail accounts in my Outlook - one for business and one personal.
> Is there a way to make one a different font, or background on one a
> different
> color, so as to distinguish one account  from the other quickly? Right now
> both are
> the typical Microsoft Blue border and sometimes it is confusing as to which
> I have open unless I look at the title panel....thanks.

Tools>Organize>Using Colors.  See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/coloremail.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
7/23/2009 3:09:06 PM
LisaW wrote:

> This is merely a matter of  appearance... I am running Outlook 2003 -I have
> two e-mail accounts in my Outlook - one for business and one personal.
> Is there a way to make one a different font, or background on one a different
> color, so as to distinguish one account  from the other quickly? Right now
> both are
> the typical Microsoft Blue border and sometimes it is confusing as to which
> I have open unless I look at the title panel....thanks.

You could add the "Email Account" column to the view for the Inbox (or
whatever folder you are looking at).  Right-click on the column row,
select Field Chooser, and add the "Email Account" field.  Drag it to
whatever column position where you want it.
0
V4521 (722)

Combing months in ONE Cell
Hello! I am trying to put the current month and 1 month forward in one cell. I have January 3, 2006 in cell J1, and I want to reference that cell by taking out the current month and the next month. Thus, I want the final product in the new cell to be: Jan-Feb. Here is the equation I have so far: =DATE(YEAR(J1),MONTH(J1),DAY($J$1))&"-"&DATE(YEAR($J$1),MONTH($J$1)+1,DAY($J$1)) I keep getting this number for my answer: 38720-38751 Can someone please show me the correct equation. Thank you so much for you help!!! :) -- Hansel -----------------------------------------------...

How do I send email from an identity that is not my main one?
I have three different email boxes I have to send and received messages from - personal, business and church. I have Outlook receiving mail from all three, but unless I reply to a message sent to one of the identities, all original emails get sent with my personal address as the sender. How can I change this each time I have to address business or church emails? I apologize if this is an obvious question, but I just can't find this info anywhere. what version of outlook? newer versions have an Accounts button you use to select the account it is to be sent on. -- Diane Poremsky ...

Distinguish emails....
If I had to guess I would say client level, but I'm gonna ask anyway.... Is there a way at the server level to set a rule or filter to highlight any internal mail so that we may distinguish it from external mail? (For every User) I would guess No for the server, but possible at the client level. If so is there a registry change that we could push out. CR... May be it would help, i'd use Rules on Client outlook to drop all the mails from e.g. abc.com to ABC folder on client Regards, ...

Restrict email account to send mail to a single internal address (Kiosk)
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to restrice an internal email account so it can only send email to one specific internal email address? We are setting up a kiosk where students can email a request to reset their password to the network administrator. The kiosk will be logged in under a restriced account that can only send email. Thanks NH That would best be done with a web application. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Ned" <nedhart@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1170291485.976708.48810@a34g2000cwb.googlegroup...

How to create 2 separate indexex to one doc??
Hi I'd like to create 2 indexes to one document in Word 97, I've already made one but the second one mixes with the previous and I want them separate, what can I do? On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:05:01 -0800, lumtecua <lumtecua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I'd like to create 2 indexes to one document in Word 97, I've already made >one but the second one mixes with the previous and I want them separate, what >can I do? There are two separate mechanisms for inserting multiple indexes in a document. You didn't explain enough to tell whi...

Multiple Records, one for each day of the week, One Employee, One
I have a database that has a daily input form. My employers now want this form changed so that it allows input for a week per person. I want to keep my table on a daily basis so I have put subforms for each of the days of the week on one form. I now need to find out a way of telling each of these subforms what day of the week they represent and be able to grab that record. Some of the days will not have any input and I would like to keep the database from saving null or 0 hour days. When I go to the next person, I need to be able to have 7 clean days, so when I push the next record...

Linking incremental cells from another worksheet
I am trying to link every fith cell in a column to sequential lines on my main worksheet. The formula I am using for the first cell link is =+'Master Query'!$F2 and I want the next cell to have the formula =+'Master Query'!$F7, the next =+'Master Query'!$F12, etc... for 500 lines. Anyone have ideas on how I can do this will minimal manual typing. Assuming your formulas are located in F2, F7, and F12: highlight and copy F2:F12. Paste this into F17, which will provide formulas for F22 and F27. Highlight and copy F2:F27 and paste into F32. Highlight and copy F2:F...

copying wkshts from one workbook to another
I am having trouble getting my code for copying worksheets from one workbook to another to work. Here is my code in its entirety: Sub Save_Report() Dim rngAllFiles(), rngSelectFiles(), m, fileSaveName, wkshtName As Variant Dim a, s, i As Integer Dim newBook As Object rngAllFiles = Array("1 Cover.xls", "2 Table of Contents.xls", "3 Top Ten.xls", "4 FX Impact.xls", "5A MTD IS.xls", "5B QTD IS.xls", "5C YTD IS.xls", "6 Sales-Internal.xls", "7 Sales-WS.xls", "8A MTD GM.xls", "8B QTD GM.xls&...

combine multiple recs into one with repeating fields
I have a file with beneficiary names for life insurance. The input file has multiple names for the member. The file format I need to load into our system has one record per member, but has repeating fields such as name1, name2, name3, pct1, pct2, pct3. I don't know how to do this in Access and I'm not great with VBA code. Try this -- SELECT ccount, name1 AS Benificary, pct1 AS Percent FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT ccount, name2 AS Benificary, pct2 AS Percent FROM YourTable WHERE name2 Is Not Null AND pct2 Is Not Null UNION ALL SELECT ccount, name3 AS Benificary, pct3...

Conditional Formatting in Workflow E-mail
Does anyone know how to perform conditional HTML formatting in CRM Workflow E-mails? My specific situation is as follows: I have pick lists in the Opportunity Form for different roles (i.e.: underwriters, brokers, case manager, account rep., etc.) which contain a few employee names in each. We created these pick lists because there is no way to create a custom lookup field in MS CRM to point to System Users (or any other table for that matter). I have a workflow rule that kicks out notification to their clients as to whom is responsible in the company for each of the roles. I need to r...

From field change to message that is design by another person
Hi there, Ik have here Outlook 2000 witch is connected on an Exchange 2000 server. I have a second mailbox which I have permission to send a message designed by my self. Is it possible to send a message which a changed From field to like: "another mailbox designed by myself"? Robert-Paul ...

And another thing....
....automatic update just simply does not work correctly. When I first open MM2004 each morning it reports that I have, say, 1 statement to read. Then I manually via "update now" and all of a sudden I have, say, 4 statements to read. This should be fixed r> ...automatic update just simply does not work correctly. When I first r> open MM2004 each morning it reports that I have, say, 1 statement to r> read. These are the transactions you did not review after the recent update. r> Then I manually via "update now" and all of a sudden I have, say,...

one user cannot receive email
Hi I have exchange 2000. One of my user using outlook 2003 has tried to send a email with a attachment of 500 MB. apparently the mail didn't go through but jammed her mailbox. I went in and deleted her sent items but still no use. She is not getting any emails in her inbox from that time. I can see emails coming to her through my spam firewall but i don't see them in her inbox. How to fix this problem? Due to this, my OWA has stopped working, how to fix this? kpm Stop and restart all exchange services. Have you user write "I promise never to send attachments over 5MB.&quo...

All in one peripherals?
Is anyone using an "all in one" card reader, pin pad, signature capture device. If so what is the make/model and your opinion of the device. None of these work with RMS out of the box. TPI Software has a tendering add-in that allows the use of the Ingenico Entouch 1000 - see http://www.tpisoft.com for details, or call your reseller for assistance. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all ca...

Download account information from Merrill Lynch
I have an account with ML with stock markets. In order to put all my sctocks (equities)up to date I have to do it manually or I can import the information from ML directly to my Money File. If so, can you tell me how can I do that. Thanks Manuel In microsoft.public.money, Manuel Toubes wrote: >I have an account with ML with stock markets. In order to >put all my sctocks (equities)up to date I have to do it >manually or I can import the information from ML directly >to my Money File. If so, can you tell me how can I do that. Install Money 2004; you can use the 60-day tri...

One column to another
I am looking to make a number equal from one cell to another number. EX: 43=1, 42=2, 41=3, etc. going 43 to 1. here is how i have done it so far: =IF(C13=43,"1",IF(C13=42,"2", IF(C13=41,"3",IF(C13=40,"4",IF(C13=39,"5",IF(C13=38,"6", IF(C13=37,"7",IF(C13=36,"8")))))))) I have used 6 cells to complete it and I know that is not the best way to do it. Setup a table somewhere with all the possible combinations. It can be on another sheet, and for this example, we'll say that is Sheet2, with your...

Outlook Mail in OFFICE 2003
I am not sure what happened, but I now cannot change the strike through function when creating mail. I click on FONTS, and the box before strike through is checked, I click on it and it disappears. I close the page and am back in creating the mail but when I type, it is with strike through. Can anyone help ? What can I do ? You are using Word as the email editor? The easiest way to fix this might be to locate normal.dot and rename it to ..old when both Outlook and Word are closed. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.h...

Distinguishing between contacts
How can I distingusih between contacts? IOW, I want to create some contacts that are employees, some are vendors and some or clients. Is there anyway to identify contacts by by these groupings? Hi David, You can add a field in the deployment manager and to crm which specifies the type of contact. Then modify the existing views to show only contacts of type client and add some more to show vendors or employees. Good luck, Ronald Lemmen Accenture ----- David F wrote: ----- How can I distingusih between contacts? IOW, I want to create some contacts that are emp...

merging two worksheets into one pivot chart
I�m trying to merge to worksheets into one pivot chart. But i someho don�t get to choose which fields I can put where in the table. If I us the multiple consolidated option the wrong items are put on th horizontal axis. What am i doing wrong -- Kirstyko ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kirstykop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38861 You're not doing anything wrong. If you create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, a...

Buy One Get One Free exam at Allitcertkiller.co.uk for a limited period
Buy One Get One Free exam at Allitcertkiller.co.uk for a limited period ...

The timesheet creation failed/Timesheet has already been created e
One of my user is facing issue in creating timesheet, and got following messages. 1. Timesheet has already been created by either the timesheet owner or a surrogate. Refresh this page to get an up-to-date list of timesheets. [Click 1st time] 2. The timesheet creation failed, because of problems with the project server or with data validations, such as resources not being valid work resources or users. Check your environment, and then try again. [Got this message when he again tries to click on same timesheet period] 3. An unexpected error has occured. Resolution Steps:...

move/copy folders from one mailbox to another
As an administrator i often have to move information from one person's mailbox to another. I normally attach these user's mailboxes to my profile and then copy or move the folders (ususally subfolders under the inbox). Recently we moved to outlook 2002 and now i cannot do that any more and i can't find out why. The message is "can't copy/move folder. Right click on the folder and look at the permissions ....." Since i can do it using outlook 2000 and not outlook 2002 i cannot understand why i should have to change the permissions (even changing them does not he...

Font in E-Mail
This is a little weird... a user default font in Outlook is Arial but when other users and myself receive and view them then font is Times Roman New. I check in Stationary and Fonts section and all of the fonts are set to Arial. So where could it be getting Times Roman New? The company signature stays the same, Arial except for the email address which shows up as Times New Roman. It is Outloo 2003 w/SP3 Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? Are you using stationery? If so try turning it off. The Times New Roman you're seeing is probably there because it's t...

BETWEEN function in Excel? (is there one)?
I just realized I inadvertently posted the following to the Mac/Excel group. I know x-posting is not desirable/necessary, but I'm using Windows and thought the mac group might have less traffic. Thanks. ***************************************************************************= ************* The short story: does excel have any function that can tell me whether a value is between two other values? It seems like this is a pretty basic one (easy to do from a programming point of view) as well as very useful, so I'm surprised that excep doesn't seem to have it. I have needed t...

How do I bring page from one file into the other?
How do i bring a page from one publisher file into the other? I try copy/paste but it doesnt seem to copy the text along with the text boxes. Ill highlight everything, copy, go to new document, paste, and everything pastes but the text boxes are all empty. Is there any more "normal" way to do this? Are the text boxes linked to other text boxes? If they are, break the link, the text will still be there. Copy/paste again and then re-link. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9F73A4D-8FC4-4935-8...