displaying unread messages

I move some messages to their own folders when they
arrive. How do display unread messages in sub-folders
without opening the main folder?

You can't in current versions of Outlook.  You must open the main folder to
display the subfolders.  In Outlook 2003, due out by the end of the year,
there is a view of Unread Messages for all folders that may suit what you
are looking for.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Having searched the archives, Barry Dyer <barryldyer@earthlink.net> asked

| I move some messages to their own folders when they
| arrive. How do display unread messages in sub-folders
| without opening the main folder?

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Message stuck in queue in Exchange 2003
I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM. ESM doesn't give me the option to delete these messages. The sender is blank if that helps. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Which queue? What is the status of the messages? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%23BBIwBG3EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM. ESM doesn't give me >the option to delete these messages. The sender is blank if that helps. > > > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Adm...

Dual Displays

Office 2004 alert message
I get the following alert message shortly after opening Excel or Word (the only applications that I use): "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library" Then I can continue after acknowleding the alert, apparantly with no ill effects. I have used the "Remove Office Tool" to clean out any old files remaining (I've done this a couple of times), then reinstalled Office from the original CD, but this still happens. Hi Buster - Are you Repairing Disk Permissions (Disk Utility) after the install? -- HTH|:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office...

Folder could not be displayed

Exchange 5.5 rejecting large messages
Can't find any postings about this, so here goes: When a message is sent to my Exchange server from the internet, with an attachment larger than about 2MB, the sender gets a failure notice. The error is a 552: exceeded storage allocation exceeded. There are a couple of strange things about this: 1) I have NO limits on attachment size at any level in Exchange. 2) This only started to happen after I switched ISPs. When I look at the full text of the returned message, this is the last line: "Engine timed out. Please contact the system administrator and report what caused thi...

Receiving own message
My company is running Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP. For my department, we have set up a distribution list with everyone's e-mai in it. When I send a message to that group, I receive the message I sent since my name is in the distro list. Is there an automated way to stop receiving the e-mails I sent? Thanks for any advice. You could create that deletes anything sent from you to that list. -Peter <chip33az@netscape.net> wrote in message news:1191435573.387243.65910@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > My company is running Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP. > > For my depar...

Message Box On One Sheet Only
I have a large spreadsheet with multiple worksheets in it. When one specific worksheet is selected (it does the calculations used on the other pages) I would like a pop-up text box to appear warning the user not to print it. Is there a relatively easy way to do this given that I can't write VB (though I can follow it in the VB editor)? I have been able to create a pop-up that appears on every page by putting an Auto_Open Msgbox in the ThisWorkbook module, but can't figure out how to get it to work on only one worksheet - is this a syntax probem or can't it be done?. Anoth...

error message when I open outlook
when I open out look I get an error messsage that says error message 0x8E54010f .DLL not found PSTPRX.DLL and I can't do anything with outlook. How can I resolve this problem >-----Original Message----- >when I open out look I get an error messsage that says >error message 0x8E54010f .DLL not found PSTPRX.DLL and I >can't do anything with outlook. How can I resolve this >problem >. > ...

download error message
When attempting to download my statement in Money 2004, I get the error message "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Contact your bank." I contacted my bank (B of A). They said the problem was with Microsoft Money. The download was working fine until about 3 weeks ago. How do I fix the problem? In microsoft.public.money, MILTON wrote: >When attempting to download my statement in Money 2004, I >get the error message "The file you attempted to import >appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Contact >your ba...

Configure Outlook
Can ANYONE HELP ME, please? Question based on Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 on Lan. I send a message to receiver A and receiver A FORWARDS my message to receiver B, My Question is: How can I configure outlook from my workstation so that receiver B reads the e-mail without my email address and Name (My personal Particulars). To simplify: I do not want my e-mail address and Name to be included in the forwarded messages; E-mail originated from me. Thank you... RKP ...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Excel error message not understood
Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and what can a user do about it? The following MSKB article has information on the error message: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213904 Jimbo wrote: > Has anyone ever gotten the error message "Too many > different formats"? If so, what exactly does it mean and > what can a user do about it? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Substitue user message in place of system-generated error message
There are often times when I would like to isuue my own error message in place of a system generated error message. A good example would be when a message appears that indication a referential integrity violation or cascading delete warning. I would like to customize these error messages and warnings for my user. Is it possible to do this? Thanks, Gerry Goldberg yep you can do this in most cases in VB code. should be lots of resources online, here is one: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html If you let Access automatically program a command button by going through the wiza...

Auto Balance Message
Does anyone know how to re-enable the the dialog box that pops up after downloading transactions and you switch to an accout that warns rather the account is in or out of balance? I clicked the "do not show this again" option back accident and do not know how to turn it back off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling money and that doesnt work. ...

c1041724 Specific Error message- No documentation
Hello, I'm having a strange problem in my SBS2003. I just created and couple of new mailboxes. I tried to connect from the client software (Outlook 2003) and I was getting error messages such as "unable to connect to exchange server". At the server level I could not find anything wrong exept that when I open the new user poerties and then I go to "Exchange Advanced" and "Mailbox Rights" I get the error : c1041724 The operation could not be completed because this store is not mounted. Everything else seems to be ok, messages are being delevered with n...

Stop displaying a line

Outbound messages stuck in queue
I am having a problem sending messages through my Exchange server. When I check the Default SMTP queue, the queue shows a message waiting with a status of retry. Additionally, there are multiple other queues attempting to connect to domains to which I have not sent e-mail, all in a retry status. I am able to receive messages with no problem and also able to send messages if create a pop mail account in Outlook and I send through my ISP's SMTP server, so outside connectivity is achievable. How can I determine from where those additional queues (SPAM, I presume) are coming and why...

Display or not display series