displaying the file extension when attaching .msg files

Hi,
I have a problem with Outlook 2003.

When attaching a document to an email (i.e. a doc file ), the whole
extension is shown in the top line of the mail ("docname.doc"). This works
with all kind of dokcuments except a .msg file. Attaching a .msg file only
the document name ist shown in the top of mail (only "fielename").
When trying this out by using Outlook Express (6), there the extension is
put behind the mailname completely.

You may think, that this is unimportant but for me this is vitally
important. Because I can import files from a email message to a document
library on Windows Sharepoint Services. But this only works, if the file
extension is shown on a attachment. An as I want to save mails and not only
word or pdf documents I need this extension.

Do anyone have an idea how to change this setting to get the file extension
also for .msg files?

Please let me know!

Florian Busch

0
f.busch (1)

Email attachments #16
I am currently experiencing an Outlook problem where any email attachment I add is automatically compressed into a zip file. I attach WORD documents or PDF files and the recipients receive these files as a .zip file. It has to be a preference problem, but I can't find a way to stop this automatic zipping of files. These same documents can be sent by others using Outlook 2000 without a problem. Has anyone encountered this problem before. thanks You have an add-in installed that does this like attachment compressor as this is not a native function of Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaa...

Dual Displays

Renaming file
Hello all, Hope this is the right group and someone can help me further. I have a mainly VBA question but it is (should be...) a part of my access DB utility. I would like to create a Sub to rename a file in a windows directory. I know that in a directory there in a file which has a part '_SB' on in the name, I would like to rename this file to lets say Test_SB.PDF. Before the rename action, I will check if the file expected it there (FileExists). I cant figure out using fso how to get the full name of the file containing the '_SB' (maybe like FirstTest_SB.ASC) and then...

Problems with attachments #2
I have not been able to send attachments from Outlook that originate with my machine (I have win ME on a Dell laptop). Also, some people will get the attachment, but it will be changed from .doc to .dat, etc. However, I can forward attachments sent to me and the recipients will get them. Please help! Thanks. Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attac...

Maximum File Size #2
What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EC7732CE-8678-426A-8400-0836D87D80D8@microsoft.com... > What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? ...

Folder could not be displayed

open excel file
i have problem with a excel file. the file is not to big. its has 5 tabs only. and when i click on to one of the "tabs" the excel gives me a error message as "not reponding". and this happens with this particular tab only. any help "Rohit" wrote: > i have problem with a excel file. the file is not to big. its has 5 tabs > only. and when i click on to one of the "tabs" the excel gives me a error > message as "not reponding". and this happens with this particular tab only. > > any help Try looking at thi...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

HELP! Splitting a 200mg+ file into smaller files
I starting putting together a very large family journal in MS Publisher 2002. I am now at a file size over 200MG and am less then 10% complete with the project. I can not find a way to split the file into "chapters" of smaller units. Is it possible? Can I have 20 or 30 files that link together and act as one? Where can I find information out on this subject? Jim If I were faced with this project I'd create a pub file for each chapter then make each chapter a pdf file and then join the pdf files into one file. I use Publisher 2000 so it would require me to open two Publ...

Huge file size
I have a excel file that has all of a sudden grown to a huge size 19,278,336 . It is stock market data with a worksheet for each year of data (1968 to 2004). So 35 worksheets. For years it has always run about 1.8 meg. Just this year it has all of a sudden grown with no real difference in the data I add each day. Each row has 9 columns of data advances, declines, etc. There are 21 columns that make calculations based on the preceding 9 columns. But years 1968 - 2003 just have data, not formulas. I converted the cells to numbers from formulas. And I had several charts, but I de...

file attachment #4
Could anyone suggest how to override the setting that I have in Outlook Express? I try to send a file attachment with my emails and it deletes them when I send the email out. It says OE has deleted the file just in case it has a bug in it.Akkkk! any help would be appreciated. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com...

PK and FK Displayed

Cannot attach database that MS supplied.
I downloaded and installed the MS SQL report pack for v1.2. It comes with the ..MDF for the Adventure Works Cycle reports that are demo reports. The instructions say to attach the database but I keep getting "Error 1813" Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState:42000) Error 1813: Could not open new database 'name'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. Device activation error. The physical file name 'c:\program files\..\name_log.ldf' may be incorrect. attaching database has failed I also tried using "sp_attach_single_file_db" in query analyzer but got the sam...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Trouble Opening WMV File
Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8 installed, and have this as my program of choice in the Folders entry in control panel as the program to always open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV program and pick play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid Win32 Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD 8, and have the program point to the file, it opens and plays it perfectly every time. Do I have an error in my system somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Running Win XP SP3....

attching files in outlook 2007
hello, if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get options to insert or insert as text. in previous versions there was an option to insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available? I am using outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed. Thanks in advance for any help. Taffy B "TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D958C4-B54B-4127-BB93-F414AD3D9A68@microsoft.com... > hello, > if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get > options > to insert or insert as text. in pre...

Publisher 2003 files
I have file I created in Publisher 2003. Can I read them and edit them in Publisher 2007? yep -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Russbe" <Russbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21FB024-C659-410D-AD40-D3D1137129F6@microsoft.com... > I have file I created in Publisher 2003. Can I read them and edit them in > Publisher 2007? ...

Save All Attachments
Periodically, I get emails with several *.txt files attached (I am using Outlook 2000). Instead of saving the attachments one file at a time, I have tried to chose all the attachments, then save all of them. Sometimes this works well, and other times, I get the message that "The filename is not valid." Its like if I navigate to certain folders, it doesn't work but there is no real "weirdness" related to the folder name that I see. Does anyone know what's going on here? Is there some kind of limitation to the length of the path and file name? Any help appreciat...

Stop displaying a line

Macro to import from a binary file and convert to hex
Excel 97. I have a macro that imports hex and stores the data in a column. Can this be done with a binary file? Import from a binary file and convert to hex and store it in a column? ...