Displaying Photos in Outlook

I am using XP with Office 2003.  Up until recently I have been using Outlook
Express but I have now updated to "Big Brother" (Outlook 2003)!  One
facility in OE was that photos attached to emails were automatically
displayed as part of the message.  How can I set up My Outlook to do the
same?  I am sure that there is a way, but I just can not find it!
Many thanks

one way is to change your default mail format to HTML
(Tools>options>mail format) and then select Insert>Picture.

you could also make MS Word your default email
editor...Tools>options>mail format and then check the check
boxes..."Use MS Word to..."  after you do this you can select
Insert>Picture regardles of the format.  I prefer this option...Word
will automatically underline misspelled words in your email

Don Overton wrote:
> I am using XP with Office 2003.  Up until recently I have been using Outlook
> Express but I have now updated to "Big Brother" (Outlook 2003)!  One
> facility in OE was that photos attached to emails were automatically
> displayed as part of the message.  How can I set up My Outlook to do the
> same?  I am sure that there is a way, but I just can not find it!
> Many thanks

0
drohring (4)

Dual Displays

Outlook 2003 fails to launch
Am trying to install Outlook 2003 on a machine brought home from work. Once I launch after installation, it automatically attempts to migrate account settings, then displays an error message that reads as follows: "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. The form cache file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Robin Martinez\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FORMS\FRMCACHE.DAT' is not valid. Contact your administrator." A dialog box then indicates the operation fails and Outlook terminates. Any thoughts on w...

Folder could not be displayed

Outlook addressbook #2
Hi, I have reinstalled my MS outlook 2003 and after that i tried to import my personal folders data. It worked good until i decided to create a new rule; when i clicked the people or distribution list i received this message: "The address book list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from outlook address book see the Help.". Well i could find anything in help. When i go to my contacts i see them ...

Configure Outlook
Can ANYONE HELP ME, please? Question based on Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 on Lan. I send a message to receiver A and receiver A FORWARDS my message to receiver B, My Question is: How can I configure outlook from my workstation so that receiver B reads the e-mail without my email address and Name (My personal Particulars). To simplify: I do not want my e-mail address and Name to be included in the forwarded messages; E-mail originated from me. Thank you... RKP ...

How to select & display distinct values

outlook 2002 sending error
can't send e-mail, recieve system administrator error message: 550 not local host whatever.com, not a gateway please help Go into the Properties of the email account select More Settings > Outgoing server and check "My Outgoing Server requires Authentication", if this doesn't work I would contact your ISP "john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008f01c3d920$6d528010$a101280a@phx.gbl... > can't send e-mail, recieve system administrator error > message: 550 not local host whatever.com, not a gateway > > please ...

Display Time in Outlook

Availability of Outlook 98 upgrade
I am an Office 97 user from way back, and still use it on my primary home desktop. My wife and I have purchased a new laptop, and the Office 97 Professional license agreement allows use on your personal laptop. On my desktop, I upgraded to Outlook 98 when it came out, but did the download instead of the CD. I now wish to upgrade to Outlook 98 on our laptop but cannot do so. Outlook 97 obviously had a lot of shortcomings, and is really not very usable. Does anybody know where I can get an Outlook 98 upgrade CD. I have the downloaded installation files, but that goes to a site th...

PK and FK Displayed

outlook freezes when viewing in day,week, month mode
Hi, WHen I navigate to the calendar function Outlook 'locks up' and does not respond. Waiting for the activity to proccess does not work and i have to close it down and re-open. However, if I change to view to the list mode this doesn't occur. This seems to have started happening only after loading Business Contact Manager. I have reloaded both but still have the same problem. Can anyone help. On 3/8/2010 10:19 PM, GT Query wrote: > Hi, WHen I navigate to the calendar function Outlook 'locks up' and does not > respond. Waiting for the activity to p...

outlook 5 to outlook 6
There is no provision to import outlook 5 to 6 within the outlook 6 program.......... only 4 and 6. I need to see my past sent messages. It will not also inport the id files to the in box. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x "Tho B." <blacksax@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:0c4601...

Outlook 2007 Watermark for staionery 11-16-09
I would like to make my own watermark for stationery using a picture of my own - is this possible if so can I get directions to do it. You can simple set a watermarked picture as the background for that. Many photo editor applications have a watermark filter to create such images. For an example see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/285 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- &q...

Outlook Personal Folder Location
Hi, I have installed Outlook 2007 in "C" Drive.I want to change my Outllok mail (Inbox, Outbox) Storage location in "D" Drive. is it Possible to do it. Please help. Close Outlook. Cut the outlook.pst file and paste it where you want. Open Outlook and when it complains, point it to the new location. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Verma asked: | Hi, | I have installed Outlook 20...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Lotus notes R5 to Outlook 2003
I have read a few listings about converting from Lotus to outlook and am still having problems. We are currently using a Dominos server to hold all our user data and want to bring it across to outlook 2003 can someone please out line the best way to go about thi thanks I'm a little confused as to your post. Outlook is a client, not a server....Domino is a server, and natively has the Notes client as a front-end. Are you keeping the Domino server, and just want to use Outlook as the front-end/client to access it? If so, that can be done; you need the Notes Connector add-in (available from...

Outlook Crashes upon Send Receive
Help. Outlook has started consistantly locking up when send receive starts. I have disabled all send receive groups, scanned my .pst files with scanpst.exe to no avail. I have removed anti spam software and disabled all add- ins. Nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ken ...

Display or not display series

Outlook configuration messed up...
Where does Outlook 2002 store its configuration information? The situation I have is this... When creating a new email message, and I press the "To:" button I get an empty Contacts list. So I look in the dropdown window to see where it is looking for my Contacts list and it says that I have 2 Contacts lists. Obviously 1 of the Contacts lists is wrong and I need to remove it, but I can't find any other place in Outlook that says I have 2 Contacts lists or will let me remove the wrong/empty one. So I am guessing that somewhere in the configuration settings something ...