Displaying email from mail server

I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro.  I am not able to
display my email from my email server.  I get the error
message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and
receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error
0x0040600."  I have checked my set up to access the mail
server and everything appears to be okay.  I can get my
email from the website so it is on the server.
0
owlelope (1)

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are having a problem on their
end?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rod Smith asked:

| I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro.  I am not able to
| display my email from my email server.  I get the error
| message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and
| receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error
| 0x0040600."  I have checked my set up to access the mail
| server and everything appears to be okay.  I can get my
| email from the website so it is on the server.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/23/2004 4:21:02 AM
I have contacted my ISP and the mail is getting there, I=20
just can't access it from Outlook.

intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Rod Smith asked:

>| I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro.  I am not able to
>| display my email from my email server.  I get the error
>| message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and
>| receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error
>| 0x0040600."  I have checked my set up to access the=20
mail
>| server and everything appears to be okay.  I can get my
>| email from the website so it is on the server.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74717)

Additional email account
If I add an additional email account to my current profile (POP server), how do I access it? I do not understand how to switch back and forth between email accounts in the same profile. Do I have to change the default email account everytime I want to access the other account? I understand that I can set up another profile, which is what I do. But why would anyone set up multiple accounts with the same profile if it is necessary to change the email account to default, close and reopen Outlook. Or is there a better way? It's not clear what you mean by "access" or even w...

Dual Displays

Email attachments #16
I am currently experiencing an Outlook problem where any email attachment I add is automatically compressed into a zip file. I attach WORD documents or PDF files and the recipients receive these files as a .zip file. It has to be a preference problem, but I can't find a way to stop this automatic zipping of files. These same documents can be sent by others using Outlook 2000 without a problem. Has anyone encountered this problem before. thanks You have an add-in installed that does this like attachment compressor as this is not a native function of Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaa...

Access Email
Is there a way to get around the security popup messages that Outlook comes up with when access send a email, have looked around and can only find addins the i want to try and stay away from to make it a simplier process. Been looking at various sites and this keeps coming up 'Object model guard'. Would like to have access take care of the email and outlook problems. The reason why i want to use outlook is that i have records stored in outlook that a email has been sent. Thanks -- Take a look at http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52 An add-in such as Outlook ...

Mail Merge: Label
Hi, we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the activity is only written to one account ? Is this a known issue ? Kind regards, Roland Pleli Hi, check the below article in MSCRM 4.0.In MSCRM 4.0, Resource center--> sales-------->Create mailing labels from a marketing list. "Roland Pleli" wrote: > Hi, > > we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the > activity is only written to one account ? > > Is this a known issue ? > > Kind regards, > > Roland Pleli > > > ...

Folder could not be displayed

Non-Delivery Reports for External email senders
My Exchange 2003 Server only sends NDRs to internal email senders. External email senders who mis-type email addresses get nothing delivered back. My Bad mail folder is empty but the mail queue is full with stuff trying to leave the server. How can I make the external mail servers get their non-deliverable reports. I have Recipient policy set to check users in active directory and enabled in the SMTP virtual server. Make sure everything is enabled, use this article as a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294757 Nue "David A" <DavidA@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Configure Outlook
Can ANYONE HELP ME, please? Question based on Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 on Lan. I send a message to receiver A and receiver A FORWARDS my message to receiver B, My Question is: How can I configure outlook from my workstation so that receiver B reads the e-mail without my email address and Name (My personal Particulars). To simplify: I do not want my e-mail address and Name to be included in the forwarded messages; E-mail originated from me. Thank you... RKP ...

"Send To" Mail Recepient sending to Netscape
I used to be able to right click on any file and select SEND TO and then the file would get sent to OL 2003 for delivery. Since I installed Netscape, however, the attachments are now being SENT TO Netscap email even though OL 2003 is selected as my default amil program. How can I get SEND TO to actually send attachments to OL 2003 instead of NS as it did before? Thanks! Verify it again in Control Panel-> Mail-> tab Programs If available; unselect in Netscape that it shouldn't be the default Start Outlook with the /checkclient command line switch -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-...

How to select & display distinct values

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

Display Time in Outlook

Import Project with Actuals to Project Server 2007
I have saved a local copy of the project that has actual work from our Project Server 2003 environment. I am executing the Import Wizard in Project Server 2007. When I save or publish the plan, I receive a message box status the actual work is out of sync with the actual work updated from the timesheets. The server is configured to allow user to enter their updates via My Tasks with unmanaged time periods. I can get more specifics from our Admin is needed. How do you take a local copy of a project with actuals and import the project along with the actuals into the Projec...

Microsoft Web Access E mail
This is a quirky problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am a remote home office in the NE and I work for a facility in NC. I receive and send my E mail through Microsoft Web Access Mail. So another words, I type www.xxxxxxx.net/outlook. I get a dialoge box, put in my username and password and up comes outlook. OK. The problem I have is that in the body where I type my e mail message I can not right click to do things like Copy and Paste. I click on the "right" mouse button and nothing happens at all. I simply can not right click. If I right click anywhere else on t...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Multiple email addresses #4
I recently went from Outlook Express to Outlook, importing my Address Book as I went. However, when I am in Outlook, I can only see one email address per contact. That is, if I have two email address for one contact, I can only see the primary one in Outlook. How do I correct? Do you have separate contact items for the several addresses or what? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series

Bouncing Emails #2
Hi, I have a user who complains that his emails are bouncing. I have requested the user to ask the people who are emailing him to send me the bounced message (either to my official email or hotmail address) so that I can check where the problem could be. My user complains that his contacts are busy and they are unable to do that? How do i go about resolving this issue? My exchange configuration is standard exchange 2003 with IMF implemented. I have disabled all the spamming features of SMSE. Did i miss anything out? thanks can you get onto a gmail or yahoo account and send him an e...