Displaying Contacts in Calendar View

Help! I have started using Outlook 2003 for my appointment calendar. I have
a limited number of clients who have regular appointments.

Naturally, I type the name of the client in the Subject field so it displays
on the calendar. However, I also need to add the client to my contact list
and link the contact to the appointment.

This requires several steps. Is there a way to have the contact show on the
appointment box in the calendar view? This seems too obvious a feature to
have been neglected but I can't figure out how to do it.

Alternately, is there a way to make an automatic link to the contact from
the text in the subject view without having to search for the contact in the
contact screen?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

You can just type the contract's name in the contact field - no need browse
for it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Wayne" <nospam@sorrry.com> wrote in message
> Help! I have started using Outlook 2003 for my appointment calendar. I
> have a limited number of clients who have regular appointments.
>
> Naturally, I type the name of the client in the Subject field so it
> displays on the calendar. However, I also need to add the client to my
> contact list and link the contact to the appointment.
>
> This requires several steps. Is there a way to have the contact show on
> the appointment box in the calendar view? This seems too obvious a feature
> to have been neglected but I can't figure out how to do it.
>
> Alternately, is there a way to make an automatic link to the contact from
> the text in the subject view without having to search for the contact in
> the contact screen?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Wayne

0
msnews1660 (730)
8/13/2005 4:05:20 PM
Thanks, I see that now. Even part of the name with match contacts in the
list, although it seems it will not add a new contact to the list.

Is there any way to get the contact name to display in the calendar
appointment window without retyping it in the "subject" field?

Wayne

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You can just type the contract's name in the contact field - no need
> browse for it.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Wayne" <nospam@sorrry.com> wrote in message
>> Help! I have started using Outlook 2003 for my appointment calendar. I
>> have a limited number of clients who have regular appointments.
>>
>> Naturally, I type the name of the client in the Subject field so it
>> displays on the calendar. However, I also need to add the client to my
>> contact list and link the contact to the appointment.
>>
>> This requires several steps. Is there a way to have the contact show on
>> the appointment box in the calendar view? This seems too obvious a
>> feature to have been neglected but I can't figure out how to do it.
>>
>> Alternately, is there a way to make an automatic link to the contact from
>> the text in the subject view without having to search for the contact in
>> the contact screen?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Wayne

No.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Wayne asked:

| Thanks, I see that now. Even part of the name with match contacts in
| the list, although it seems it will not add a new contact to the list.
|
| Is there any way to get the contact name to display in the calendar
| appointment window without retyping it in the "subject" field?
|
| Wayne
|
| "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in
| message news:O3aYQDCoFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
|| You can just type the contract's name in the contact field - no need
|| browse for it.
|| --
|| Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
|| Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
|| Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
|| Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
|| Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
|| Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
|| "Wayne" <nospam@sorrry.com> wrote in message
||| Help! I have started using Outlook 2003 for my appointment
||| calendar. I have a limited number of clients who have regular
||| appointments.
||| Naturally, I type the name of the client in the Subject field so it
||| displays on the calendar. However, I also need to add the client to
||| my contact list and link the contact to the appointment.
||| This requires several steps. Is there a way to have the contact
||| show on the appointment box in the calendar view? This seems too
||| obvious a feature to have been neglected but I can't figure out how
||| to do it.
||| Alternately, is there a way to make an automatic link to the
||| contact from the text in the subject view without having to search
||| for the contact in the contact screen?
||| Thanks in advance,
||| Wayne

0
MillyS (3228)
8/14/2005 3:45:04 PM
Thanks ... now my hair will start to grow back! :-)

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> No.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Wayne asked:
>
> | Thanks, I see that now. Even part of the name with match contacts in
> | the list, although it seems it will not add a new contact to the list.
> |
> | Is there any way to get the contact name to display in the calendar
> | appointment window without retyping it in the "subject" field?
> |
> | Wayne
> |
> | "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in
> | message news:O3aYQDCoFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> || You can just type the contract's name in the contact field - no need
> || browse for it.
> || --
> || Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> || Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> || Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> || Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> || Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> || Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> || "Wayne" <nospam@sorrry.com> wrote in message

view of folders created
Using winxp, outlook 2002. I have created folders under my inbox to organize emails. When I set up my view I would like it to be the default for all of the folders under my inbox. for example, if i select the field received to be shown i want it to show in all the folders i created by applying this view. What i do now is i have to go to every individual folder and change the view. i have tried define views and apply view, could it be that we have to go into every folder. thanks. ...

Dual Displays

sync contacts/calander for 1 user between 2 servers
I have a user who has an account on two exchange 5.5 servers (two different NT domains). This user would like their contacts and calendar sync'd between the two servers (does NOT want email sync'd). The two servers have full IP (no firewall or nat) visibility to each other but otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Folder could not be displayed

I can't view the whole "sum"
Hello, I'll try to explain my situation the best I can. I have Excel 2003. On the bottom of my sheet there is this task line ( I don't know how to explain it in English) where you see for example if you have caps on or not and on the left you see the word "ready". What my problem is that when I select some numbers I see on that area of the program the word sum= and next to it the sum of the numbers I selected. That sum changes depending on the numbers I select. That is something I need and use. My problem is that I can't see the whole sum-number next to the word su...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Clicking on Contacts folder crashes outlook
Every time I click on the contacts folder in Outlook 2002, a window appear saying that it has encountered a problem and has to close. It sends an error report to MSN but it does not suggest any solution apart from upgrade to the latest version, which I have done. There seems to be some corruption but I cannot find a way to resolve it - Can anyone help Thanks Garry ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Convert Lead to a Contact under Existing Account
When a Lead comes in, there are times in which the Lead is already a current customer. There are times that this information is valuable so we would like to create it as a Contact underneath the already existing Account. When you go to convert the Lead, this option is not available. I don't want to bring them in as an opportunity. What are our options? It is surprising that this functionality is not available, but I'm getting used to it. :) Bobby, Why do you not want to use opportunities? When you convert the lead, you have the option to create only a contact record by sel...

calendar sometimes opens in month view
every once in a while (sorry that i can't be more precise), i find that clicking on calendar, under 'all folders' , causes it to open in month view. i can go back to inbox, and again click on calendar and get month view again. for most of a day. then it goes back to opening on current day. which it does most of the time. i don't remember if this happens after a reboot, standby, or just for no apparent reason. actually i prefer month view and wish i could make it open this way all the time. any ideas about what it happening here? ...

Outlook contact list problems
I cannot load the exchange contact list with outlook 2003. Since i have installed this version of outlook, i have a POP UP windows every time i push TO: button to get the exchange 2000 contact list from my domain The windows says that i cannot find the LDAP server I tried all the DC servers and i still having this problem, i cannot see the exchange contact list Please hel Dioxido dioxido <dioxido@sinectis.com.ar> wrote: > I cannot load the exchange contact list with outlook 2003. Since i > have installed this version of outlook, i have a POP UP windows every > time i push TO: ...

Axis not highlighting when viewing selections
Hello! When using Office 2003, we are experiencing a problem with excel graphs. When viewing the source data, I select a series. Then choose the X Values, it WILL show the selected values. I then close out of that which takes me back to the Source data, I then choose the Y Values. This does NOT show the selected values. I tried going directly to the Y Values first on another series, and it appears that whichever axis is selected first will show, the second will not. This is a major hassle when you are dealing with complicated graphs that contain many many rows and several diff...

Access Calendar to Julian Conversions
I have a database with dates in the MM/DD/YYYY format and I need to convert them to julian dates. Is there a built in function in Access that will do this? Depends what you mean by "Julian Date". If you'll looking to represent the date as the day number in the year, (yyyy.ddd, so that today is 2004.177), try: Format(MyDate, "yyyy") & "." & Format(Format(MyDate, "y"), "000") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave" <gatorsteele@cs.com> wrote in message news:217...

Advanced Find & View
Hi, Scenario: Create an advanced find to save as a view. 3 entities involved - Contacts and two custom entities. They are related. Build the advanced find ok, but can't edit the columns view to include data from entity 2 and 3, only from contacts entity. Is it possible to add those columns? if so, how? Hi, In MS CRM Advance find view, you won=92t be able to see the columns of entities in edit columns which are having 1:N relationship with Parent entity in your case it=92s contact having 1:N relationship with custom entities. If you want your result set to contain columns from custom as...

saving calendar as webpage #4
I am using outlook 2002 to save our company calendar (located in Public folders on our exchange server 5.5) as a web page on our intranet. It fills in the file location automatically and asks me to replace the existing calendar.htm file that already resides there. But when I try to do the same thing on a computer with outlook 2000, it won't prefill the path in and it won't let me overwrite the old htm file, it gives me an invaled sitename error. How can I fix this without having to use outlook 2002 on this other computer? ...

Display or not display series