Displaying All Contact Names In The Same Format

When displaying contact names in Outlook 2003 you are given the option of
either First Last or Last, First. I want mine to always be displayed the
same. I don't care which one, as long as they are all the same, but since my
contacts are enter by synchronizing with 2 different sources, Hotmail and
PocketPC 2003, some of my contacts are displayed as Last, First and some are
displayed as First Last. Does Outlook 2003 have a place where I can tell it
to always display all contacts as one or the other? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

0
njsokalski (32)

If you don't mind doing a little dirty work and using code, you can change
it using the information here:
OL2000: How to Change the File As Field for All Contacts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269172/en-us

The information works for all currently released versions of Outlook so
don't mind the KB article title.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Nathan Sokalski asked:

| When displaying contact names in Outlook 2003 you are given the
| option of either First Last or Last, First. I want mine to always be
| displayed the same. I don't care which one, as long as they are all
| the same, but since my contacts are enter by synchronizing with 2
| different sources, Hotmail and PocketPC 2003, some of my contacts are
| displayed as Last, First and some are displayed as First Last. Does
| Outlook 2003 have a place where I can tell it to always display all
| contacts as one or the other? Thanks.

0
MillyS (3228)

Copying a format that has been conditionally formated
How do I cut and paste a formula picking up it's own values if the cell has been conditionally formatted. In example, c3 is to highligh in red/bold if it's value is lower than c29 (the value of the same info from year prior). It worked for that cell but I want to copy the formula for the rest of the 500+ cells so that d3 also read from d29, etc. HELP!! What, exactly, is the condition you set? I'm guessing it's something like 'formula is' =($C$3<$C$29). If you use relative cell references, =(C3<C29), rather than the absolute references, then you should ...

Dual Displays

sync contacts/calander for 1 user between 2 servers
I have a user who has an account on two exchange 5.5 servers (two different NT domains). This user would like their contacts and calendar sync'd between the two servers (does NOT want email sync'd). The two servers have full IP (no firewall or nat) visibility to each other but otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Folder could not be displayed

Outlook Name Suggestion Issue
I am working on a strange issue with name suggestion in Outlook 2k3 version. For some users when I type the alias for the first time it resolved the name. The next time I try to type few characters for the same user. it suggests me with the complete name but this time in the brackets <> the alias would be some starnge name with some numbers. This strange alias number does not existing in our organization nor the number that appears along with it appears in the User AD properties. Examples: First time I type the alias as: "nnair" and press Ctrl + K = It resolves...

How to select & display distinct values

Conditional Formatting
I need to change the fill color based on the values of other cells. Ex. if A1 is not a null value and the cell I want to format A2 is a null then I need A2 to have a red fill color and a certain text. If A2 isn't a null then it should turn green. If A1 and A2 have null values then A2 should be yellow. So just to sum up A1<>"" and A2 ="" then Make A2=Red Fill Color + text A1<>"" and A2 <>"" then A2=Green Fill Color A1="" and A2 ="" then A2=Yellow Fill Color Thanks for the help all. What version of Ex...

In nameing a sheet in Excel it puts a .xls] in front why?
Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not know why Did you try to put brackets around the name? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EZE" <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com... > Every time I go to name a sheet it puts an .xls] in front of it and I do not > know why Remove the bracket or other illegal character(s) from the workbook name. In article <C9045E70-AD04-4C91-B223-8851A0DFE55D@microsoft.com>, EZE <EZE@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Display Time in Outlook

does anyone here actually use names?
hi, i am self learning about excel. i have came across NAMES topic. does anyone here actually use names? when r they usefull? i dont reall see a real need for them, especially in formulas. the only time i use name is for when i name a large block of data, so dont have to re-select the cells all the time. cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There are lot's of uses for named range and named constants etc. See the 2 links below http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/News/excel-named-ranges.htm#ExcelTips Posted via: http://www.ozgrid....

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

PK and FK Displayed

How to change default formatting
How can I prevent Excel guessing what it thinks I want to type in a cell (mainly text). If I type in 1/2 it thinks I want 1st February 2003, but I just want "1/2" If I type in MAR01 it thinks I want 1st March 2003 but I just want "MAR01" etc etc Its a real pain! I knew about that one thanks. However I want to avoid having to do that every time. Any other ideas? -- "Kevin Stecyk" <stecyk@nohotspammail.com> wrote in message news:OGhujJanDHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Ian, > > Try preceding the "text" with a single ' (apost...

Can you name points on a chart in excel?
Can you make points in excel show up as a certain name when you scroll over them with the mouse arrow? Hi see: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/chart_hover_label/index%2020 040617.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AP" <AP@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FB0EC939-D8FC-4E3E-BD4C-2D3FE00883C9@microsoft.com... > Can you make points in excel show up as a certain name when you scroll over > them with the mouse arrow? Is there any way of doing it without downloading software? I an not allowed to do this at work. "Frank...

Clicking on Contacts folder crashes outlook
Every time I click on the contacts folder in Outlook 2002, a window appear saying that it has encountered a problem and has to close. It sends an error report to MSN but it does not suggest any solution apart from upgrade to the latest version, which I have done. There seems to be some corruption but I cannot find a way to resolve it - Can anyone help Thanks Garry ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

pivot table label adding "2" to the end of a label name
Hi, I have a pivot table and sometimes it adds a "2" to the end of a row lable ie. "joes pizza" is displayed as "joes pizza2". the sorce data certanly doesn't include the "2" and it seems like it is trying to tell me some thing ;). It might be hapening after i do a "replace command" in the source data (replace "sams pizza" with joes Pizza"). any one experienced this? Cheers, The only time I've seen this is when I had multiple headers with the same name. If I were you, I'd check once more--don't forget to c...

Stop displaying a line

Convert Lead to a Contact under Existing Account
When a Lead comes in, there are times in which the Lead is already a current customer. There are times that this information is valuable so we would like to create it as a Contact underneath the already existing Account. When you go to convert the Lead, this option is not available. I don't want to bring them in as an opportunity. What are our options? It is surprising that this functionality is not available, but I'm getting used to it. :) Bobby, Why do you not want to use opportunities? When you convert the lead, you have the option to create only a contact record by sel...

Outlook contact list problems
I cannot load the exchange contact list with outlook 2003. Since i have installed this version of outlook, i have a POP UP windows every time i push TO: button to get the exchange 2000 contact list from my domain The windows says that i cannot find the LDAP server I tried all the DC servers and i still having this problem, i cannot see the exchange contact list Please hel Dioxido dioxido <dioxido@sinectis.com.ar> wrote: > I cannot load the exchange contact list with outlook 2003. Since i > have installed this version of outlook, i have a POP UP windows every > time i push TO: ...