display mail item in window on top

I have suddenly started having the following problem when I try to view
individual mail items...
When I double-click on a mail item to view it, the item opens in a new
window UNDERNEATH Outlook.  To access it, I have to either double-click a
second time (which brings the window to the front) or click on the portion of
the mail window that is showing.
I cannot find a way to change any of the settings so that the mail item will
display on TOP.  I have even gone as far as to completely reinstall Outlook.
That actually did fix the problem -- for about 3 hours.
Any suggestions?

See another post "E-mail opening under Outlook"

"ConfusedandBewildered" wrote:

> I have suddenly started having the following problem when I try to view
> individual mail items...
> When I double-click on a mail item to view it, the item opens in a new
> window UNDERNEATH Outlook.  To access it, I have to either double-click a
> second time (which brings the window to the front) or click on the portion of
> the mail window that is showing.
> I cannot find a way to change any of the settings so that the mail item will
> display on TOP.  I have even gone as far as to completely reinstall Outlook.
> That actually did fix the problem -- for about 3 hours.
> Any suggestions?

0
Jammy (6)
3/19/2005 7:01:01 AM
I FIXED IT!!!!

Backup a copy of the folder C:\Docs & Sett\<username>\App Data\Msoft\Outlook
Delete all the files in the original folder.
Start Outlook and the PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!

"ConfusedandBewildered" wrote:

> I have suddenly started having the following problem when I try to view
> individual mail items...
> When I double-click on a mail item to view it, the item opens in a new
> window UNDERNEATH Outlook.  To access it, I have to either double-click a
> second time (which brings the window to the front) or click on the portion of
> the mail window that is showing.
> I cannot find a way to change any of the settings so that the mail item will
> display on TOP.  I have even gone as far as to completely reinstall Outlook.
> That actually did fix the problem -- for about 3 hours.
> Any suggestions?

0
Jammy (6)
3/19/2005 7:21:01 AM
I FIXED IT!!!!

Backup a copy of the folder C:\Docs & Sett\<username>\App Data\Msoft\Outlook
Delete all the files in the original folder.
Start Outlook and the PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!

"ConfusedandBewildered" wrote:

> I have suddenly started having the following problem when I try to view
> individual mail items...
> When I double-click on a mail item to view it, the item opens in a new
> window UNDERNEATH Outlook.  To access it, I have to either double-click a
> second time (which brings the window to the front) or click on the portion of
> the mail window that is showing.
> I cannot find a way to change any of the settings so that the mail item will
> display on TOP.  I have even gone as far as to completely reinstall Outlook.
> That actually did fix the problem -- for about 3 hours.
> Any suggestions?

0
Jammy (6)

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Mail Merge: Label
Hi, we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the activity is only written to one account ? Is this a known issue ? Kind regards, Roland Pleli Hi, check the below article in MSCRM 4.0.In MSCRM 4.0, Resource center--> sales-------->Create mailing labels from a marketing list. "Roland Pleli" wrote: > Hi, > > we tried using Mail Merge to create labels. Everthing is fine, but the > activity is only written to one account ? > > Is this a known issue ? > > Kind regards, > > Roland Pleli > > > ...

Configure Outlook
Can ANYONE HELP ME, please? Question based on Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 on Lan. I send a message to receiver A and receiver A FORWARDS my message to receiver B, My Question is: How can I configure outlook from my workstation so that receiver B reads the e-mail without my email address and Name (My personal Particulars). To simplify: I do not want my e-mail address and Name to be included in the forwarded messages; E-mail originated from me. Thank you... RKP ...

Force mail to be junk mail to Exchange
Okay, using Exchange 2003 SP1, is there a way to force Exchange to consider mail to be Junk Mail. What I mean is this. Under the Intelligent Messaging System you can specify a threshold that forces mail to be moved to the Junk Mail folder of a user's mailbox (I assume by the server itself and not the mail client... please tell me if this assumption is wrong). What I would like to know is, is there something I can do to a message to ensure that Exchange sees it as junk mail I have Spam Filtering software that works with exchange but all it does is either add something to the subje...

mail enabled public folder #2
I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from an external domain. Internal is OK, anyone have any ideas What's the text of the NDR? kevin wells wrote: > I have created a public folder and mail enabled, I have > also made sure that anonymous has contributor permission. > > However, I cannot send emails to this public folder from > an external domain. Internal is OK, > > anyone have any ideas "Default" must also have contri...

Display Time in Outlook

How to select & display distinct values

"Send To" Mail Recepient sending to Netscape
I used to be able to right click on any file and select SEND TO and then the file would get sent to OL 2003 for delivery. Since I installed Netscape, however, the attachments are now being SENT TO Netscap email even though OL 2003 is selected as my default amil program. How can I get SEND TO to actually send attachments to OL 2003 instead of NS as it did before? Thanks! Verify it again in Control Panel-> Mail-> tab Programs If available; unselect in Netscape that it shouldn't be the default Start Outlook with the /checkclient command line switch -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-...

Attachements and Size of Mails in Public Folder
Hello! I want to Import in my Public Folders some Mails (like a Archiv) Now I have some Mails with more than 10 MB. Now Exchange says to me "Maximum Size for Objects in Exchange reached" (A German message). What do I have to do to increase the ammount? I tried to increase the maximum of sendable mails -> no effekt I Tried Q235895 from microsoft - but i found the Administrative Groups not in my Exchange Manager (perhaps the German word known?) Greetings TNT ...

Microsoft Web Access E mail
This is a quirky problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am a remote home office in the NE and I work for a facility in NC. I receive and send my E mail through Microsoft Web Access Mail. So another words, I type www.xxxxxxx.net/outlook. I get a dialoge box, put in my username and password and up comes outlook. OK. The problem I have is that in the body where I type my e mail message I can not right click to do things like Copy and Paste. I click on the "right" mouse button and nothing happens at all. I simply can not right click. If I right click anywhere else on t...

PK and FK Displayed

Money 2003 Paswords and Windows Installer
I was running Money 2002 on a Desktop with Windows 98, Pentium II, 200 MZ and 96MB RAM and on a laptop w/ Windows XP Home, Pentium III, 1 GHZ, 256 MB RAM. I was able to move my Money File between computers with no problem and no passwords. I just purchased Money 2003 Deluxe & Business and installed it on each computer. I have encountered two problems. I have no problems with the Desktop Pentium II. Since I installed it on the laptop, the Windows Installer starts when I click on several shortcuts including but not limited to Internet Explorer. It appears that it is trying to in...

Mail merge to Outlook
I have an access database with info I want to email. I wrote a mail merge document in word and everything went fine the first time. The emails ended up in my outlook send folder. I was happy. Then I changed the query to email a different set of records. It did not work. Any suggestions. Nothing appears in my sent folder. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this? I would suggest stating the steps you used to select your recipient. Include your version and transport. Include everything else you did differently with the second merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "zombeese&...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Import mail from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook
Hi, Does anybody know how to import mail from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook? Thanks, Eric Check this page for information on importing from other programs: http://www.slipstick.com/config/olimport.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052101c3...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...