Disappearing Menu Items

I added News to the Go menu of Outlook 2003 as described in the help files.
This worked fine for a few days but then it disappeared from the menu list.

Even worse it isn't in the Customise options any more so I can't add it
again. Now I can only access News groups by starting Outlook Express
directly.

Anyone know how to add it to the menu items again please?

0
jerry570 (6)

To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.

You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your
machine in order to complete the process.  Not everyone is reporting success
with this method, but try it and see what happens.  If all else fails, you
can always create a desktop shortcut to Outlook Express and include the
/outnews switch -- that gives you the same result as accessing the
newsreader via the News command in Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jerry asked:

| I added News to the Go menu of Outlook 2003 as described in the help
| files. This worked fine for a few days but then it disappeared from
| the menu list.
|
| Even worse it isn't in the Customise options any more so I can't add
| it again. Now I can only access News groups by starting Outlook
| Express directly.
|
| Anyone know how to add it to the menu items again please?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
7/25/2004 6:51:50 PM
Milly

That was a great help - thanks

Regards, Jerry

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:ek4WzhncEHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel
|
> Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
> OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
> it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
> button.
>
> You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot
your
> machine in order to complete the process.  Not everyone is reporting
success
> with this method, but try it and see what happens.  If all else fails, you
> can always create a desktop shortcut to Outlook Express and include the
> /outnews switch -- that gives you the same result as accessing the
> newsreader via the News command in Outlook.
>

> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jerry asked:
>
> | I added News to the Go menu of Outlook 2003 as described in the help
> | files. This worked fine for a few days but then it disappeared from
> | the menu list.
> |
> | Even worse it isn't in the Customise options any more so I can't add
> | it again. Now I can only access News groups by starting Outlook
> | Express directly.
> |
> | Anyone know how to add it to the menu items again please?

0
jerry570 (6)

Signature logo disappears on reply
I'm finding that with multiple versions of Outlook, a logo used in the signature disappears when included on a reply/forward. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks ...

Budget for Inventory Items
We need to produce a budget by inventory items. We have over 200 items that we need to budget. Does anybody know of any programs that interact with Great Plains and could be used for something like this? Professional Advantage has a sales budgeting module that can do this. Their web site is www.profad.com. "pwhunter" <pwhunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B9D8FE-9ED5-4DCA-AEBA-E1E9C8CABA99@microsoft.com... > We need to produce a budget by inventory items. We have over 200 items > that > we need to budget. > > Does anybody know of ...

Menu options is on auto hide. How I turned off this?
The menu on my Excell sheets is on aito-hide. How can I turned this off? In xl2003 menus: Tools|Customize|Options tab|check always show full menus Charlie wrote: > > The menu on my Excell sheets is on aito-hide. How can I turned this off? -- Dave Peterson Which version of Excel? 2003 Tools>Customize>Options Enable "Always show full menus" 2007 ??? Haven't found it yet............try help Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:54:10 -0800, Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The menu on my Excel...

Menu Item is disabled
Hey ! Here is my problem. I have created SDI (MFC) app and used CSplitterWnd to split window to the left and right sides. In the left side is DialogForm (CFormView) with some slider controls, on the right side is DC prepared for drawing using OpenGL. So far everything works fine, but... I have also created menu item ("Show Cube with Edges"). The problem is: if I click on leftside (Slider), the menu item becomes disabled. Then I click on rightside (OpenGL DC) and menu item is enabled. So it depends on focus. Why is this happening? How to solve the problem? Thanks, Damjan &g...

Folders Are Disappearing !
I have several (Outlook 2007) folders and various rules directing certain emails to certain folders. But some of those folders magically disappear and my rules become useless because everything goes into one folder (inbox). Anyone know why this happens, and what to do about it ? The rules would not work if the folders are not there to move the files (emails) into them, so that part is understable. We just need to address why the folders are disappearing and how to prevent it. I need some clarification on where these folders are located. Are they sub-folders of Personal Folder. I hav...

How to get the last scanned or entered item lookup code?
I am working on an RMS AddOn that requires me to catch whenever an item is not found in the database and search for it on an external database. Is there a way to do this in a Hook? For now, I am using the RefreshDisplay Hook to catch any change in the display. But I cannot find any variable that hold the last entered ItemLookupCode, even if the item is not found in the database. Any help is appreciated. You have a big problem. To do what you want, you would essentially have to write your own POS interface. You need to capture the scan *before* RMS decides to throw it away as not foun...

Contacts Disappearing.
Everytime one of our employees enter a new contact or update a current contact. Some of them disappears or the update does not take place. Thanks I'd first copy them all to a pst so you don't lose anymore. Import them into a test mailbox and see if it has the same issue. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "...

Disappearing Menu Items
I added News to the Go menu of Outlook 2003 as described in the help files. This worked fine for a few days but then it disappeared from the menu list. Even worse it isn't in the Customise options any more so I can't add it again. Now I can only access News groups by starting Outlook Express directly. Anyone know how to add it to the menu items again please? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch...

Shortcut Menu
I've developed a shortcut menu (right click) and associated it with a report. When I open the report in "print preview" mode, about 25% of the time the shortcut menu doesn't open at all ... when I right-click on the preview pane, nothing happens (i.e., the shortcut menu does not appear). The other 75% of the time, the shortcut menu appears. Most of the time, everything's working fine for a while. And then --- suddenly --- this problem occurs. And once it occurs, the only way to get this shortcut menu back is to terminate Access and open it back up again. This ...

removing deleted items
Running exchange 2003 on server 2003 I would like to immediately delete users deleted items. Is there a place in System Manager where you can immediately set this. Also I am looking for the area where I select the time that my sytem policicies run? Thanks Mark wrote: > Running exchange 2003 on server 2003 I would like to immediately > delete users deleted items. Is there a place in System Manager where > you can immediately set this. Also I am looking for the area where I > select the time that my sytem policicies run? > > Thanks See if http://support.microsoft.c...

How to delete an Item already used in the canceled PO
An Item is added to the Inventory by mistake. Unfortunately, a PO is also created intended to purchase the item; however, the PO is canceled. I tried to delete it in the Inventory Maintenance but the error says it is used in the purchase order. I've narrowed down the Item are now in POP10100 & POP10110 and plan to use SQL to delete (unlink) it first and try to delete it again in the IM. Are there any better way to do this? Your help is apprciated. Thong, Under Tools>Routines>Purchasing, move the canceled PO to history. Then, under Tools>Utilities>Purchasing re...

Press the / key and the FILE menu highlights
Howdy, I tab to a cell, press the / key, and instead of editing the cell and putting a / at the beginning, Excel highlights the File menu. Does anyone know how I can disable this _feature_? I can already hit the ALT key to accomplish this. If I tab to the cell, hit F2, then / it works, but I'd like to just be able to hit the /. Thanks, Mike You can start the entry with an apostrophy '/ You could preformat the cell as text. You could turn off a transition setting: tools|Options|transition tab remove the slash character from the "Microsoft Office Excel menu key" bo...

updater in system tray disappears
Windows XP SP3, IE7 When the icon for windows tray appears telling me I have updates, I click on it, chose custom, and chose the updates I wish to install. It starts downloading the updates, and the icon disappears, but never comes back to let me install the updates. -- Even if I reboot. So if I go into IE and choose Windows Update tool, I select the updates I want. After these have downloaded again, all of a sudden the icon appears again in the system tray, like, oh -- I forgot -- you can install these updates now. At this time I usually just let IE7 install the updat...

SOP Sales Order Processing
We use a single customer id COD to record SOP invoices for one-time customers. We change the Ship To Address (with the appropriate Sales Tax ID) to the appropriate county's Sales Tax ID. The Sales Tax ID does not roll down to override the original Sales Tax ID on the line items. The Sales Tax Summary screen uses the one on the line items instead of the one associated with the Ship To address. On a SOP document, is there a way to roll down the Sales Tax ID from the selected Ship To Address to the line items? Thank you, Carol Kearney On Nov 1, 1:16 pm, Carol Kearney <Carol Kea...

Add button to system menu
Anyone any suggestions as to how to add an additional button on a dialog's system menu bar, the same size and just to the left of the close button ? (assume only close button exists) ? Once a button is up there, how would it link into the dialog's message handler ? TTFN, Jon There is a fairly complex example of how to do this in an article by either diLascia or Richter in the MSDN. joe On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 04:24:54 -0700, "Jon Evans" <jonathan.evans6REMOVETHIS@virgin.net> wrote: >Anyone any suggestions as to how to add an additional >button on a di...

Mails disappearing.
I tried to move a mail to a folder using "Right Click > Move to folder > OK" without selecting any folders. The default selection was "Personal Folder". Noted that this mail had moved from the inbox. But no idea where the mail has gone. Please help to find those mails. Best Regards Same. Then they are probably in the Outlook Today folder. See here how you can retrieve them; www.howto-outlook.com/faq/mailoutlooktoday.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slip...

Menu Editor
Hi, In the old version Excel (Excel 5.0 -- yes, my company still using Windows 3.1 which is an antique), there was a tool "Menu Editor". This can change the menu only for the specific excel file with specific macro. In other words, each excel file can have its own menu. I can't find this tool in the new version Excel. Would somebody tell me where it is ? Thanks. Billy Please dont multi-post. Answered in your OTHER post of the same question in Excel Programmin Group. Celtic_Avenger :( :( :( :( : -- Celtic_Avenge -----------------------------------------------------...

CRMbar in Outlook disappears
Hello, On the notebooks of our employees I've installed the Desktop CRM Client. On some of these notebooks after a while, the CRM bar in Outlook disappears. Menu > View > Toolbars > Microsoft CRM is checked, and the only solution that worked for me untill now is to do a Repair from the Client install CD. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Because more and more people are having this problem. Regards, Dirk ...

Disappearing M driive
I'm running Windows Server 2000 with exchange 5.5 and caome in today and my m drive is no longer showing up. Tried rebooting and still, no m drive. Have cleaned up the rest of the hard drive and have 2 gb of free space. Am I looking at a reload??? Exchange 5.5 doesn't have IFS capabilities so there is no M:\ drive. Sounds like you may have Citrix installed? If this is actually E2K, then check to make sure that the Information store service is started and/or the databases are mounted. -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Contacts Keep Disappearing
For some reason my contacts keep dissappering each time I close Live Mail. I open it back up and the contacts are gone. It was working fine when I first started using it a week ago. Each time I have to import them in from Outlook Express. What gives and is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are you using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM ? If so, try importing them via the web UI at contacts.live.com(click Manage, then import) Thereafter use that Live ID to sign on to Windows Live when using WLM. If not using a Live ID, you may have encountered a problem ...

itemize paycheck deposit
I printed instructions from the help menu, so I'm sure I'm doing it right, but I cannot itemize a paycheck deposit. It says: 1. Click BILLS 2. Click SET UP BILLS & DEPOSITS 3. If check not listed click NEW 4. Click check from list you want details for, then click EDIT DETAILS 5. Review details & type adjustments 6. Click DETAILS & enter info in PAYCHECK box. Step six doesn't happen on my MS Money 2000 which came with my HP Pavilion computer because there is not a DETAILS button anywhere to click! I've watched the video several times and have read every word ...

News disappears
I added News to the "GO" button in Outlook 2003 and logged into the news service. The next time I used Outlook, News was not on the "GO" button and it had also disappeared from the list of add-ons. Where did it go? Can I get it back? Thanks, Turner To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. You ma...

Why Do 2 Rows Disappear from my DataGridView?
I'm going around circles with this one. In the following code, > clicking the Yes button makes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) but only 1 delete from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the No button makes 1 row disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) with none deleting from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the Cancel button has the same effect as clicking the No button. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? In addition, if anyone knows of a good working sample of code where you can delete all of...

add extra item to a combo box?
Hello, I have a form with a combo box on it and wish to add 1 item to the list. How do I do this? Thanks Geoff PS I can create a new combo box with an extra item but the table does not reflect this extra item ... I can however open the form and move to any record and use the drop down list to add the new item ... if the cbo is a bound object you can use the Not in List event and program it to add the text using ado or doa to the table and then I use a macro to requery the cbo. If it is unbound I am unsure, I have never done an unbound before. "Geoff Cox" wrote: > Hello...

item 'already opened' but not visible
I have a user that constantly tells me he receives an error stating that an excel workbook is already open when it is not. We look at the list under 'Window' in the menu bar, move all of the minimized windows out of the way, and we cannot find these files that are supposedly open. Is there a reason that Excel would tell us a workbook is opened even if it is not in use? Could a linked workbook give this error? Could the workbook have been opened by another "user" on the same computer and never have been closed? A workbook opened by one "user" can't be als...