Disabling Cached Mode Through registry

I would like to keep the cache-mode disabled, even if a
user enables it. I am thinking about doing it by
controlling registry changes. Is anyone familiar with the
key/value that controls whether Cached-Mode is used or not?

Thanks,

Robert Kinnell

0
anonymous (74721)

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/cachedmoderegkey.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Robert E. Kinnell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to keep the cache-mode disabled, even if a
> user enables it. I am thinking about doing it by
> controlling registry changes. Is anyone familiar with the
> key/value that controls whether Cached-Mode is used or not?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Robert Kinnell

0
Roady
9/2/2004 10:20:20 PM
Outlook Profiler does this...
http://goffconcepts.com/products/windows/profiler/index.html

"Robert E. Kinnell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to keep the cache-mode disabled, even if a
> user enables it. I am thinking about doing it by
> controlling registry changes. Is anyone familiar with the
> key/value that controls whether Cached-Mode is used or not?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Robert Kinnell

0
na1 (222)

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Recovery mode on Outlook 2003
I am working on a problem with outlook 2003, we have exchange 5.5 and a client on 2003. We removed and readded his profile on the server, now when he opens outlook while connectect to our vpn solution he gets a pop up saying Outlook is in recovery mode with options to either work offline, connect to exchange server. Any suggestions why this is happening. He is also having problems with his offline folder, he is getting send receive errors, I have tried deleting the offline folder with no success. Thank you, Doug ...

INI/Hex editing/Registry/ANYTHING to set default paragraph spacing
Thanks for looking at my cry for help I've search google over and over again trying to find a way to set the default paragraph spacing, but I fail to find an answer. I'm willing to do anything to have OneNote have "12 after" default selected. I'm a pretty advanced user who feels comfortable with registry/hex editing, and I'd be willing to try anything, because this is driving me nuts If there is no solution at all... I'll have to drop OneNote regardless of how useful it is. I can't be changing it every time I start a little note. Nor am I...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

assertion problem in Mixed mode DLL
Pardon the cross post, but I'm not sure where exactly to post this question. We have MFC application using many MFC extention DLL's. We started using a new MFC extention DLL that is mixed mode so we could use some .Net components we have built. We are getting an assertion in ~CCmdTarget when exiting our app when after making a call to Windows Forms MessageBox. On line 48, m_dwRef is 2 for some reason. Offending line - System::Windows::Forms::MessageBox::Show("Test"); Is there some function I need to call to release something that I am missing? Any ideas? Thanks... Craig...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

Outlook 2003 stuck in cached-mode?
Hello, We have one user who has a number of mailboxes on the same Exchange 2000 server and a corresponding number of Outlook profiles on their desktop PC. Although cached-mode is not enabled, Outlook is behaving as if it is. Also, the "Disable offline use" on the Advanced tab is grayed out. The problem is that its retrieving some message properties from the local cache (eg. message id) and these are different in cached-mode to what's stored on the server. The user only activated cached-mode once on the PC - and then for only one of the profiles - and has since disabled it. Ca...

Disabling users from deleting item in their inbox
Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from doing so. Or is there a way to disable the empty deleted items? thanks Frank frank@interconnectnetworks.com <frank@interconnectnetworks.com> wrote: > Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting > email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are > not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from > doing so. Or...

Some menu functions disabled
Hi I have just received an excel file that has a lot of the menu and tool bar options disabled. For example, in one of the sheets, rows 1-10 have been hidden but the option 'unhide' in the menu is disabled Any ideas? Hi maybe the file/worksheet is protected. Goto 'Tools - Protection' and unprotect it >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >I have just received an excel file that has a lot of the >menu and tool bar options disabled. > >For example, in one of the sheets, rows 1-10 have been >hidden but the option 'unhide' in the menu is disable...

POS register stuck in evaluation mode???
we have a three-lane store, and register #1 (the one with the dongle) is running fine, not in evaluation mode. but register #2 is running in evaluation mode? we've tried re-starting POS and rebooting to no avail. Verified that register #2 is pointed to teh correct server and database as well. Any ideas? problem solved - we re-booted register #1, and then it took #2 out of eval mode into full mode. but my question still is why did this happen? and why wasn't register #1 in evaluation mode too? thanks, Kevin "kskinne" wrote: > we have a three-lane store, and ...

disable public folder error
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - continue to get this RED event 1147 error: Error --- while disabling rule on public folder with rule ID 100. The folder ID of the public folder is in the data section of this event. there is no other information - how do I find out which public folder this belongs to? Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com I was looking this up and found that there may be an eventID 8528 somewhere before the 1147 events in the log that may shed light on what is causing the error. Based on what I read, seems like it may be a mailbox that is full. Hope that helps! -Iona -- Iona Wilson ...

How Best to Disable <ESC> Key on Form
My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access. In my office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users at any given time. 1. This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users. 2. It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally while they are entering data into this database. + The users are using this database and another commercial database (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC> key than in Access) toggling back and fort...

The macros in this project are disabled?
When I try to run my nice new VB code (which was running just fine until I saved the VBA project), I get a dialog that says: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." Of course, neither of these resources were any help at all. What happened? Open TOOLS Select MACRO Select SECURITY Is it set to High? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Geoff Offermann" <gebobs@yahoo.nospam.com> wrote in message news:fCSyb.276756$275.987734@attbi_s53... When I try to run my ...

I want to disable reminders
I rarely set myself time-sensitive reminders, so what I have to do is go back into every task I have just set and remove the reminder option. How can I set up Outlook so that it does not automatically set a reminder for all my tasks?Thanks! Hi, Reminders are automatically created when the Set reminders on tasks with due dates option is enabled for tasks. To resolve this issue, use the following steps to disable the Set reminders on tasks with due dates option: 1. Start Outlook. 2. On the Tools menu, click Options . 3. Click the Other tab, click Advanced Options , and then click Ad...