Disable Outlook 2007 Splash screen...

This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully programmable
PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want the
option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I
launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost every
other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash screens.
Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?
0
Lyle (15)

Any PC is fully programable
This is a user group & as such is not moderated in that way
I assume you refer to the Outllook 2007 small notice that appears for about
5 secs prior to fully loading?

"Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
> Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully
> programmable
> PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want
> the
> option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I
> launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost
> every
> other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash
> screens.
> Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?

0
notvalid5776 (249)
5/6/2009 1:38:02 AM
"Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
> Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully programmable
> PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want the
> option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I
> launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost
> every
> other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash screens.
> Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?

You've answered yourself with your statement "purchased the rights to use."
You have no right to dictate how the application works or to expect any
particular behavior in the incidentals.  Your license gives you the right to
USE the software *as is*.  If that includes "advertising", then too bad.  If
you don't like it, don't use the software or open a support incident with
Microsoft.

That said, an option to suppress the splash would be nice.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
5/6/2009 12:49:07 PM
That is correct. Of course any PC is fully programable. My statement of the
obvious was simply a way of heading off MS MVP responses to similar queries
(regarding Office Live Communicator specifically) where the answer given was,
"impossible". Impossible is not an answer, but a denial of the facts of the
nature and purpose of the software in a PC.

"DL" wrote:

> Any PC is fully programable
> This is a user group & as such is not moderated in that way
> I assume you refer to the Outllook 2007 small notice that appears for about
> 5 secs prior to fully loading?
>
> "Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
> > Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully
> > programmable
> > PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want
> > the
> > option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I
> > launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost
> > every
> > other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash
> > screens.
> > Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?

0
Lyle (15)
5/6/2009 12:54:01 PM
I don't know of a switch or registry entry for Microsoft Outlook (only
Outlook Express) however, what if you started Outlook minimized so you don't
have to see the splash screen?

"Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
> Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully
programmable
> PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want
the
> option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I
> launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost
every
> other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash
screens.
> Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?

0
korland (145)
5/6/2009 1:16:35 PM
The splash screen can't be disabled.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

> That is correct. Of course any PC is fully programable. My statement of
> the
> obvious was simply a way of heading off MS MVP responses to similar
> queries
> (regarding Office Live Communicator specifically) where the answer given
> was,
> "impossible". Impossible is not an answer, but a denial of the facts of
> the
> nature and purpose of the software in a PC.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Any PC is fully programable
>> This is a user group & as such is not moderated in that way
>> I assume you refer to the Outllook 2007 small notice that appears for
>> about
>> 5 secs prior to fully loading?
>>
>> "Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
>> > Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully
>> > programmable
>> > PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want
>> > the
>> > option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time
>> > launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost
>> > every
>> > other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash
>> > screens.
>> > Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/6/2009 1:46:26 PM
I beg to disagree in the specific regard that the software may not be
programmed to allow a user to disable the splash screen. Consider this then a
user request for feature standardization among Office platforms to include a
startup method for disabling the Outlook splash screen as Word, Excel,
Powerpoint and even Visio currently have.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> The splash screen can't be disabled.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
>
> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > That is correct. Of course any PC is fully programable. My statement of
> > the
> > obvious was simply a way of heading off MS MVP responses to similar
> > queries
> > (regarding Office Live Communicator specifically) where the answer given
> > was,
> > "impossible". Impossible is not an answer, but a denial of the facts of
> > the
> > nature and purpose of the software in a PC.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >
> >> Any PC is fully programable
> >> This is a user group & as such is not moderated in that way
> >> I assume you refer to the Outllook 2007 small notice that appears for
> >> about
> >> 5 secs prior to fully loading?
> >>
> >> "Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Lyle (15)
5/6/2009 10:05:01 PM
Brian,

Thanks for pointing to what for me is the crux of the matter. My license for
use of the software did not include fine print for advertising for Microsoft
as an inherent feature or requirement of the product. Having said that, it
nears arrogance to apply the license agreement which is identical to the
other Office software, to deny access to a feature available in more than
half the software of Microsoft's Office suite for Outlook users. A change in
the software's customizability is what is desired.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
> > Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully programmable
> > PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want the
> > option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I
> > launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost
> > every
> > other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash screens.
> > Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?
>
> You've answered yourself with your statement "purchased the rights to use."
> You have no right to dictate how the application works or to expect any
> particular behavior in the incidentals.  Your license gives you the right to
> USE the software *as is*.  If that includes "advertising", then too bad.  If
> you don't like it, don't use the software or open a support incident with
> Microsoft.
>
> That said, an option to suppress the splash would be nice.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Lyle (15)
5/6/2009 10:10:01 PM
Ben,

While your response has a useful component to it, did it need to
comptemptuously rank the value of my feature request? This is what I am
talking about. There is real arrogance indemic to a lot of Microsoft solution
development work and support. This kind of arrogance is what kills large
corporations. Microsoft  just quietly laid off 5,000 workers. Perhaps judging
the value of a desired feature more inline with the frequency of requests and
desire for programatic standards versus whatever cool new tech we can throw
in there for the next release would help sales.

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:

> I suppose you could just close your eyes while the program starts.
>
> Or start Outlook with your monitor turned off?
>
> On a more serious note...you're welcome to go to Connect
> (http://connect.microsoft.com) and submit it as a feature request and
> I'm sure the development team will give it the priority it deserves.
> Personally I can think of a number of features I'd rather see them spend
> their time on, but perhaps you will tap into a massive groundswell of
> support for a switch to suppress the splash screen.
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com
> Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
>

> "Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > That is correct. Of course any PC is fully programable. My statement of the
> > obvious was simply a way of heading off MS MVP responses to similar queries
> > (regarding Office Live Communicator specifically) where the answer given was,
> > "impossible". Impossible is not an answer, but a denial of the facts of the
> > nature and purpose of the software in a PC.
> >
> > "DL" wrote:
> >

> > > Any PC is fully programable
> > > This is a user group & as such is not moderated in that way
> > > I assume you refer to the Outllook 2007 small notice that appears for about
> > > 5 secs prior to fully loading?
> > >
> > > "Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Lyle (15)
5/6/2009 11:34:01 PM
On 6 May, 01:22, Lyle <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
> Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully programmable
> PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want the
> option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I
> launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost every
> other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash screens.
> Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?

Take a look at
http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/SplashKiller/index.html

--
WH
It doesn't get a lot of requests, certainly not as many as other feature

Note that when you file a report with connect, you should make a business
case for why it needs to be disabled.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> Ben,
>
> While your response has a useful component to it, did it need to
> comptemptuously rank the value of my feature request? This is what I am
> talking about. There is real arrogance indemic to a lot of Microsoft
> solution
> development work and support. This kind of arrogance is what kills large
> corporations. Microsoft  just quietly laid off 5,000 workers. Perhaps
> judging
> the value of a desired feature more inline with the frequency of requests
> and
> desire for programatic standards versus whatever cool new tech we can
> throw
> in there for the next release would help sales.
>
> "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:
>
>> I suppose you could just close your eyes while the program starts.
>>
>> Or start Outlook with your monitor turned off?
>>
>> On a more serious note...you're welcome to go to Connect
>> (http://connect.microsoft.com) and submit it as a feature request and
>> I'm sure the development team will give it the priority it deserves.
>> Personally I can think of a number of features I'd rather see them spend
>> their time on, but perhaps you will tap into a massive groundswell of
>> support for a switch to suppress the splash screen.
>>
>> --
>> -Ben-
>> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
>> Roland Schorr & Tower
>> http://www.rolandschorr.com
>> http://www.officeforlawyers.com
>> Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
>> http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q
>>

>> "Lyle" <Lyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > That is correct. Of course any PC is fully programable. My statement of
>> > the
>> > obvious was simply a way of heading off MS MVP responses to similar
>> > queries
>> > (regarding Office Live Communicator specifically) where the answer
>> > given was,
>> > "impossible". Impossible is not an answer, but a denial of the facts of
>> > the
>> > nature and purpose of the software in a PC.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/6/2009 11:57:57 PM
Willam,

Thank you. I would personally neither recommend nor implement the solution
you've pointed me to simply due to the risky nature of such software. I do
however thank you for actually providing a solution instead of a series of
derisive snickers like some of the other folk that have replied.

On that note, I will call it quits. A third-party resolves a Microsoft
software customization need again and another chink in the armor and it is
5,000 projected Microsoft lay-offs according to the NY Times without counting
the 3,000 already gone since January.

As a side note, I held frequent meetings in a hotel we all knew was going to
be demolished. Hell, it was in all the papers for weeks. The hotel management
told everyone on the staff that the hotel was profitable and going to
continue operations.  Then on the last day they let everyone go and there's a
nice new office park there. Don't be surprised by misinformation from
managers. Part of that job requires misinformation to meet objectives before
shutting down.  NMCI was only going to cost 8 billion in 8 years and solve
all the Navy's IT issues. 22 Billion, 2 prime contractors, and 10 years later
it still barely covers 40% of requirements. Management doesn't share bad news
with partners or employees, but the results come regardless. Everyone at the
hotel I mentioned was let go with little notice, tax-payers continue to pay
for NMCI without even knowing it is a flop and Microsoft is letting people go
by the thousand in monthly increments since January 2009.

"William" wrote:

> On 6 May, 01:22, Lyle <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
> > Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully programmable
> > PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want the
> > option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I
> > launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost every
> > other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash screens.
> > Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?
>
> Take a look at
> http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/SplashKiller/index.html
>
> --
> WH

0
Lyle (15)
5/7/2009 4:43:01 AM
ha ha NMCI sucks...
--
NO, I DO NOT WANT YOU TO BUILD A DATABASE FOR ME FOR A "REASONABLE FEE".

"Lyle" wrote:

> Willam,
>
> Thank you. I would personally neither recommend nor implement the solution
> you've pointed me to simply due to the risky nature of such software. I do
> however thank you for actually providing a solution instead of a series of
> derisive snickers like some of the other folk that have replied.
>
> On that note, I will call it quits. A third-party resolves a Microsoft
> software customization need again and another chink in the armor and it is
> 5,000 projected Microsoft lay-offs according to the NY Times without counting
> the 3,000 already gone since January.
>
> As a side note, I held frequent meetings in a hotel we all knew was going to
> be demolished. Hell, it was in all the papers for weeks. The hotel management
> told everyone on the staff that the hotel was profitable and going to
> continue operations.  Then on the last day they let everyone go and there's a
> nice new office park there. Don't be surprised by misinformation from
> managers. Part of that job requires misinformation to meet objectives before
> shutting down.  NMCI was only going to cost 8 billion in 8 years and solve
> all the Navy's IT issues. 22 Billion, 2 prime contractors, and 10 years later
> it still barely covers 40% of requirements. Management doesn't share bad news
> with partners or employees, but the results come regardless. Everyone at the
> hotel I mentioned was let go with little notice, tax-payers continue to pay
> for NMCI without even knowing it is a flop and Microsoft is letting people go
> by the thousand in monthly increments since January 2009.
>
> "William" wrote:
>
> > On 6 May, 01:22, Lyle <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the
> > > Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully programmable
> > > PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want the
> > > option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I
> > > launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost every
> > > other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash screens.
> > > Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007?
> >
> > Take a look at
> > http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/SplashKiller/index.html
> >
> > --
> > WH

0
NAS (1)
2/12/2010 1:44:01 PM
NAS wrote:

> ha ha NMCI sucks...

Oooh, aren't you so clever in responding to a 9-month old thread as if the
OP were actually monitoring it anymore.
0
V4521 (722)
2/12/2010 7:51:33 PM
Over a year later, an innocent Googler comes across a thread that is not, in fact, about disabling the Outlook 2007 splash screen, but is a futile debate about the rights of the end user.
0
nitwon (1)

Outlook 2000 doesn't close
I'm running outlook 2000 with SP1a on XP Home and when I close Outlook it doesn't really close, the window just goes away. I still get new e-mail notifications and it's still taking up precious memory. If I want it to close completely I have to clobber it in the task list or reboot... and that's ugly. I've heard that this is a "feature" for enterprise users but I'm not one and I like having COMPLETE control of my system. Does anyone know how to make outlook go away when I close it? Thanks ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

windows xp screen saver
I had a virus in my xp screen saver and deleted my screen saver exe file.how do i get another one in my display window.sure could use some help on this one.thanks,woody if you deleted a file then it is likely inside the recycle bin. another method to undue changes to the system is to execute a system restore point. if you choose system restore be sure to disable your antivirus programs as they can hamper the restoration of system files. -------------- if neither of the above works out then you can restore that particular file with a program like "recuva". ...

Outlook Will Not Startup
Have used Outlook 2003 without issue on this PC for several years. Auto Updates is on. Outlook now will not open. The Outlook desktop appears, then the message "Business Contact Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close..." After getting past this Error Reporting message, the next box offers to "Start in Safe Mode to isolate the problem..." This only results in a repeating circuit of these same two messages (see above) over and over as I click through them. I tried to troubleshoot by reinstalling Outlook and Business Contact Manager with no effect. N...

Outlook 98 e-mails not going to sent items.
This is a weird problem from my behalf, when i send an e-mial no matter to who, the e-mail does not go to the sent items folder. Can anyone help out, thank you. Marcel. ...

Printing Email in Outlook from Publisher
We are sending a publisher document as an email message. When it arrives in Outlook and we try to print the email, it elects to become hundreds of pages except it is only 5. Thank you. ...

restoring outlook after rebuild
I need to reload windows xp and all applications including MS Outlook. ie clean build. Once installed I need to configure Outlook with inbox, sent items, user accounts etc as prior to rebuild so I don't loose anything. The PC is used by four Windows accounts so I will need to restore data for all of these. However I'm struggling to identify the correct procedure for this, does Outlook contain the various export/import or backup/restore facilities to enable this? Is it better to use a third party product? Please could someone advise. TIA I used the XP File & Settings Tra...

Strange Outlook behavior
Exchange 2003 Server/Outlook 2003 I have several users who have a resource mailbox added to their Outlook profile. They have no problem opening emails in the additional Inbox, but if they search the Inbox using the 'Find' button on the OL toolbar and enter their criteria in "Look for: - Search In - Find now", they can view the results of the search from the results screen, but cannot open the items. They must go back to the actual mailbox where these items are located, track them down (the old fashioned way), and then they CAN open these same items. That kind of de...

I want to set Outlook to automatically send read receipts to a fol
I want Read Receipts to drop automatically into a Read Receipt folder. I see where you can send emails from particular persons to a folder, but not any Read Receipt from anyone. Normally receipts process on the sent item and are moved or deleted. See tools, options, email options, tracking. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:...

outlook client question
Hi! We have an aspx application integerated in crm server ui. Is it possible to integerate my application in the outllok client? How should i implement the offline/online function? Any idea? thanks Jani Hi Jani Take the OutlookClient_Sample.xml file rename it to OutlookClient.xml (Just in case keep a back up of this file as well). After that you should update everything as usual on your crm iis server. This in turn should update this xml file and voila the customizations should be seen in outlook as well. Good luck Monika >-----Original Message----- >Hi! >We have an aspx ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Outlook
Whe never I forward a message that I have received my original message is deleted from my Inbox. Any ideas please ? Thanks, Kevin What version of Outlook and do you have any views set on your folder? What have you set for the behavior of Outlook once you have replied or forwarded mail? Tools->options->email options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

outlook calendar #8
Problem with deletions of meetings. upon deletion, attendees don't receive cancellation or cancellation was never removed and the meeting still appears to be active. This problem is on going... I went to the MSN support site, no answers close to the problem... can someone assist... IT Intern No wonder no answers are close to the problem, you have given us bare information upon which to troubleshoot. What version of Outlook are you using? Is Exchange in this equation? If yes, what version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion i...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Sync Gmail contacts to Outlook 2007?
I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for the calender, is there also another program to sync the contacts? -- endoftheline Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine "endoftheline" <endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com... > > I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There > is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for > the calender, is th...

Free Voice Email for Outlook
WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages to be recorded directly into email messages as MP3 attachments. WaxMail is available as a free download from http://www.waxmail.biz Not a very good way to spam --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. <paul.andrews@netralia.com> wrote in message = news:1131619526.283980.218080@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > WaxMail is a new, free plug-in for Outlook that allows voice messages > to be recorded directly into email...

Can Excel trigger Outlook reminder?
I hope I'm asking this question in the right forum. I would like to know if it is possible to create a basic spreadsheet where one of the columns is for due date and when that due date comes up a reminder is generated from Outlook? I think I understood correctly from a Google search that it can be done in Visual Basic but I have no idea how to do it. I'm also hoping it would not be complicated b/c I have not used VB. If that can't be done, how could I work it that the cell would change to red with due date comes? Thanks. A little more info on the spreadsheet I...

Splitting cells in Excel 2007
Hello Microsoft, I've spent about an hour on various Internet sites and discussing this in forums. Many seem to know it's not possible, but nobody has told me why it's not possible. The question has been asked as far back as 1999, from what I've been seeing. How does one split a single cell either vertically or horizontally? I don't mean the data within the cell, but the cell itself. Many "solutions" seem to use techniques of adding new rows or columns and doing some creative merges to all the cells affected. The spreadsheet I want to change...

MS Outlook & Outlook Express Synchronization
Could some one please help me in the following inquiry: How can I synchronize my contacts between Outlook Express and MS Outlook? Thanx. Ahmed There really isnt a way to synchronize the contacts in Outlook with the contacts in Outlook Express. The only way to do something similar would be to import from Outlook Express to Outlook and import from Outlook to Outlook Express but this would have to be done any time there was a change and you may have some issues with duplicates being created. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Se...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Outlook Runtime Error
I just upgraded my operating system from Windows 98 to Windows XP. I ran the Office disk to update/correct its programs for XP. All of them ( Word, Xcel, etc.) work except for Outlook. Outlook loads then displays a Runtime Error! " This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." After clicking the OK on the message Outlook closes. What to do? ...

outlook express 12-24-07
can someone tell me how to get outlook express emails imported to windows vista...my computer crashed and i had to buy a new one and it has windows vista and my other had xp and now i have lots of emails and addy's in outlook express but no way to get to them!! help please!! On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:58:54 -0500, "bonnie homan" <bonniehoman@bellsouth.net> wrote: >can someone tell me how to get outlook express emails imported to windows >vista...my computer crashed and i had to buy a new one and it has windows >vista and my other had xp and now i have lots of ...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Outlook Rules: Meeting Requests Sorting
Is there a way to set up a rule to move meeting requests based on the person sent to? I am a delegate for four people, and need to be able to sort all of the incoming requests. I have tried setting the rule: After it arrives, Sent to [person], using Meeting Request form, move to specified folder, but it doesn't move the request. Any suggestions or is there absolutely no way to do this? I'm having the same problem. I noticed there are no other posts. Have you found a solution yet? "jami@jamimoore.com" wrote: > Is there a way to set up a rule to move meeting requests ...