Disable attachment message

We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to
open  attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a
trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of
file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from
I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me
to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not
find it there either ?

TIA

Darryl

You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings
button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave Warn me of errors checked.

"Darryl Burnette" wrote:

> We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to
> open  attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a
> trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of
> file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from
> I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me
> to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not
> find it there either ?
>
> TIA
>
> Darryl

0
Mary1 (682)
9/9/2005 12:25:03 AM
That's not the same thing. He is asking about the open/save dialog, not web
content.

Darryl: does it happen to all file types or just specific ones? Did you set
some blocked file types to be unblocked? Level2 types will always ask and it
can't be changed. If it does it for safe types like doc and jpg, make sure
they weren't accidentally added as level2's.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings
> button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave Warn me of errors checked.
>
> "Darryl Burnette" wrote:
>
>> We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to
>> open  attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a
>> trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of
>> file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from
>> I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow
>> me
>> to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not
>> find it there either ?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Darryl

0
msnews1660 (730)
9/9/2005 12:45:32 AM
Diane,

Thanks for response. I only know that I get the message for a word doc.

I got the message when I opened a word doc but I was able uncheck the Always
ask before opening this type of file.

all of our settings in the outlook security file are set to do not prompt
for attachments all others are set to automaticly approve

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> That's not the same thing. He is asking about the open/save dialog, not
> web content.
>
> Darryl: does it happen to all file types or just specific ones? Did you
> set some blocked file types to be unblocked? Level2 types will always ask
> and it can't be changed. If it does it for safe types like doc and jpg,
> make sure they weren't accidentally added as level2's.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings
>> button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave Warn me of errors checked.
>>
>> "Darryl Burnette" wrote:
>>
>>> We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to
>>> open  attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a
>>> trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of
>>> file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from
>>> I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to
>>> allow me
>>> to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could
>>> not
>>> find it there either ?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Darryl

Same problem! SP3 Outlook error message "The program is trying to access etc"
I have the same problem! I recently downloaded the SP3 for Office 2002, and since then have had problems with the email security feature of Outlook. Now, whether I am creating a new email or responding to a received email, I get a flag-screen telling me that a program is trying to access email addresses stored in Outlook and asking me if that's what I want. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for a list of known problems with some 3rd party apps. (I'm guessing you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat installed. The problem section lists a regis...

Send the attachment without ZIP format compression.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. VERY ANNOYING AS MOST RECEIVERS CANNOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS. On 2010-04-12 19:52:34 -0400, sunsyl@officeformac.com said: > Where is the default setting to remove the .ZIP format when sending any > type of attachment. I send a .doc, .jpeg, etc and Entourage > AUTOMATICALLY ADDS THE .ZIP TO THE FILE EXTENSION. It's in the preferen...

AppleScript how to save a message

Error message when deleting a customer
When trying to delete an old customer in QuickSell 2000, I get the error message "this customer cannot be deleted because this customer has open work orders, backorders, quotes or transactions on hold". I've looked in the old manual and tried to do some searches on the internet but I have not come up with any solution. Thank You Just as it says, there is an open order or transaction on hold for that customer. Do a "recall" on all 3 types of orders, and check the holds - there's probably something in there for them. Note you might not wish you delete custo...

Opening messages in a new window
A number of people in my office have developed a problem with Outlook 2000 where they double click an email message to open it in a new window and it hangs. The only thing common to all of them that we are sure of is Smiley Central software. Has anyone else run across this and have a fix for it beyond format and reinstall as simply reinstalling Office 2000 doesn't work? Perhaps some registry entry that the extra software creates, but doesn't delete when uninstalled? Uninstall Smiley Central. See if your problem goes away. Why people download these products (and more importan...

How can I clean up duplicate messages
I have been copying folders around to try and organise them better, plus exporting and importing. As a result, I now have 2 or 3 copies of some messages. Is there a built-in tool or easy method to automatically detect and clean up exact duplicates in Outlook 2007? I can recommend you to try Duplicate Email Remover for deleting duplicate emails in outlook 2007 http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/duplicate_remover/ This Outlook plug-in will allow you to recognize duplicates in the same folder or in different ones. -- Nick Kharchenko, MAPILab Ltd. Software for Microsoft Exchange a...

OL2000 Attachment Security
Just decided to try the SR updates which I have been avoiding due to lack of flexibility with attachments. Have all SR updates installed. Made reg. changes, HKEY...\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security, string value-Level1Remove, mod. with [ .exe;.com ], restart. It still blocks attachments. How can I fix this? Trying not to have to uninstall updates. Win. xp pro, office2000. Did you follow the directions here:? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and fi...

loosing inbox messages with archive off
INBOX messages older than 7 days disapear even though archiving is turned off. How to resolve? Change your View settings to All Messages, not sure ones that are less than a week old. "vr@pw" wrote: > INBOX messages older than 7 days disapear even though archiving is turned > off. How to resolve? ...

"Out of Office" message
Is there a way to make the "Out of Office" message stay on the screen longer? Users often miss this when returning to work and do not realize it until someone tells them they are still looking like they are away. With previous versions of Outlook, the "Out of Office" message was displayed until you responded to it - too bad that was changed for Outlook 2007 Thanks Al It's actually on the screen all the time in 2007, just in the lower right hand corner where no one looks. "Al" wrote: > Is there a way to make the "Out of Office...

How do I open attached jpgs
Out of the blue, Outlook 2007 won't let me open attached jpg files, whereas it has previously. I have auto updates installed. OS is Vista Home Premium. When I try to open an attached jpg file, the message I now get is: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Morton See the following http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mor...

Attachments Outlook express 6 & Outlook 2002
I have 2 users one of each using the above. Both send and receive attachments. When the Outlook 2002 user sends the Outlook Express 6 user an attachment, he receives the mail but not the attachment. When the same mail is sent to myself an Outlook 2002 user I receive the attachment. When I forward it on the Outlook Express user, he does not get the attachment. If I first save the attachment and then send it directly from me an outlook 2002 user, the express user gets the attachment! Both donot have problems sending or receiving attachments from anyone else. Can anyone help, please? ...

Open Access file appear message IE 3.00 or later is needed
Hi all, please can you someone help me when I try open Microsoft Access file "<b>You need Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.00 or later to use this feature. You can download the latest version of Internet Explorer</b>" message appears. But I have installed Internet Explorer version v. 7. Any idea how solve this ? Thank you very much :) ...

attachments not received or in winmail
For some reason people do not always receiving my attachments or they are receiving attachments in a unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using outlook 2000. jane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason people do not always receiving my > attachments or they are receiving attachments in a > unreadable winmail.dat format. any ideas? i'm using > outlook 2000. Don't use Rich Text, which is specific to Outlook. Use plain text or HTML format. -- Brian Tillman All... I have a similiar issue. We are using Exchange 2000, SP3....

Attachments in Outlook Express
I'm using Outlook Express 6 as my email client. when I download emails from my hotmail account into OE, I can see the attachments in greyscale (they're there but vague) and I am unable to access them - clicking on them does nothing to open them. Any Hints? ...

Trouble with downloading attachments
Just recently I have been unable to download email attachments that require word. I have Office 2007. When I download a mail attachment (any mail, Yahoo etc, not just Outlook) I get a File conversion message pop up. It doesn't matter what I click on, nothing opens, well it does but you can't read it. This never used to happen. ...

Message board in Outlook
Is there a way to create a message board with Outlook? ...

message clock #2
Unfortunately the problem is persisting. My inbox reads a different time than my sent box when I send out e-mail. This is really bad stuff here now! Another MS screw-up? When I receive e-mail from others my clock seems to be 7-hours ahead! MY PC is not a portable one, it is a tower. Unless this is a dell problem and BIOS related? Unlikely to be a problem with anything except your own setup since few reports of problems of this magnitude have made it here. What are your Windows settings, including Daylight Savings Time? What are your Outlook settings for time zone, including Dayligh...

Cannot view message
Hi, I cannot view my messages in full view or autoview from outlook.The same problem exists in all folders. This has only occured in the last week. The hourglass apppears in the message box, but nothin appears. Help! ...

Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet
Is this a good idea? Would it cut down on the amount of NDR's my servers wastes its time sending? Are there any drawbacks to using this option? Thanks "Is this a good idea?" I thought this was the default? "Would it cut down on the amount of NDR's my servers wastes its time sending?" No that is a seperate setting. This is setting is more related to client rules. "Are there any drawbacks to using this option?" Users :-) -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Pleas...

Unable to open one or more attachments
Hello, im hoping someone can help me, im running exchange 5.5 sp3 on Nt4 sp6 and clients are having problems when using outlook (97,98,2000 and XP) when trying to open emails with attachments, when they are actually opening the email that has an attachment, (not the attachment itself) outlook is reporting a "unable to open one or more attachments" and the body of the message appears but it doesnt seem to have the attachment there, if they then proceed to close and open the email a few times, the attachment appears without the error message. This is happening at different s...

File is locked for editing message
I have excell 2007 and when I try to open a non shared file I created in my network share I get a message that the file is locked for editing. I have ownership of that share and I see no reason why this would come up. Is this an excel issue that can be fixed? Thanks Carl -- When you open a workbook in Excel a temporary copy is created. When you close the workbook the temporary file should be deleted. At times your OS does not do its job and the temp file is left open. This will give you the "locked for editing" message. It is usually necessary to re-boot to clear it o...

What message is posted when moving mouse over CEdit?
What message is posted when moving mouse over CEdit? I would like to implament a tooltio which is displayed when the mouse is moved over a control derived of CEdit. Therefore I would like to ask you if someone know what message I have to capture in order to call my finction displayinn the tooltip? Can someone help? And perhaps someone knows what should be done to enable tooltips for controls derived of CEdit? I have a dialog and implement the following method: BOOL COptionPricingFooterForm::OnToolTipNotify(UINT id, NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) everything works fine as long as my memebe...

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

How do I disable automatic date formatting in excel?
I am importing data into Excel which contains codes. Some of the codes are similar to dates (ex. 4feb1) and they are automatically converted. I need the codes to remain as is. Import it as text Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tcuneio" wrote: > I am importing data into Excel which contains codes. Some of the codes are > similar to dates (ex. 4feb1) and they are automatically converted. I need > the codes to remain as is. I will see if I can control this. I'm importing data directly from AutoCAD and am not sure that I can control this. If I can't, is there no o...

Deleting Messages #9
My delete message icon does not work ...