Disable attachment message

We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to
open  attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a
trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of
file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from
I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me
to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not
find it there either ?

TIA

Darryl

You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings
button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave Warn me of errors checked.

"Darryl Burnette" wrote:

> We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to
> open  attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a
> trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of
> file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from
> I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow me
> to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not
> find it there either ?
>
> TIA
>
> Darryl

0
Mary1 (682)
9/9/2005 12:25:03 AM
That's not the same thing. He is asking about the open/save dialog, not web
content.

Darryl: does it happen to all file types or just specific ones? Did you set
some blocked file types to be unblocked? Level2 types will always ask and it
can't be changed. If it does it for safe types like doc and jpg, make sure
they weren't accidentally added as level2's.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings
> button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave Warn me of errors checked.
>
> "Darryl Burnette" wrote:
>
>> We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to
>> open  attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a
>> trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of
>> file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from
>> I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to allow
>> me
>> to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could not
>> find it there either ?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Darryl

0
msnews1660 (730)
9/9/2005 12:45:32 AM
Diane,

Thanks for response. I only know that I get the message for a word doc.

I got the message when I opened a word doc but I was able uncheck the Always
ask before opening this type of file.

all of our settings in the outlook security file are set to do not prompt
for attachments all others are set to automaticly approve

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> That's not the same thing. He is asking about the open/save dialog, not
> web content.
>
> Darryl: does it happen to all file types or just specific ones? Did you
> set some blocked file types to be unblocked? Level2 types will always ask
> and it can't be changed. If it does it for safe types like doc and jpg,
> make sure they weren't accidentally added as level2's.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You didn't dig deep enough. Security tab, Change auto download settings
>> button, uncheck Don't d/l HTML...etc. Leave Warn me of errors checked.
>>
>> "Darryl Burnette" wrote:
>>
>>> We are using Outlook 2003 and users complain of having to be prompted to
>>> open  attachments it says: You should only open attachments from a
>>> trustworthy source. The option to Always ask before opening this type of
>>> file is greyed out. My question is where is this controlled from
>>> I have looked at the Outlook security settings and nothing seems to
>>> allow me
>>> to give the user a choice. Is this controlled by a group policy could
>>> not
>>> find it there either ?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Darryl

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

where/how to edit admin messages
I would like to edit admin messages to users, regarding exceeding of mailboxs size limit, but i dont know where and how to do it. Any idea? Tnx! On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:07:26 +0100, HrVOjE <htkalcic_MAKNI_@net.hr> wrote: >I would like to edit admin messages to users, regarding exceeding of >mailboxs size limit, but i dont know where and how to do it. Any idea? > >Tnx! Some you can, some you can't. The one you can edit is an utter nightmare. http://blogs.technet.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx ...

Message Box 02-08-10
Hi Apologies, forgot to add subject, so not sure if it will be displayed, posting again Is it possible to set a message box with customs button texts? If possible how? When a button called Close is pressed, I want the user to be able to select to close just the Database or the Database and Application? Many thanks I showed how in http://www.vb123.com/kb/200505_ds_msg.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Alex Hammerstein" <aph@misnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:C7960CEF.1562B%aph@misne...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Outlook
Whe never I forward a message that I have received my original message is deleted from my Inbox. Any ideas please ? Thanks, Kevin What version of Outlook and do you have any views set on your folder? What have you set for the behavior of Outlook once you have replied or forwarded mail? Tools->options->email options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ...

Delete IMAP messages
If I delete a message in an IMAP account- the message gets a red line only. I know I can have them delete when I leave teh folder... but I would like to know how to have it deleted immediately, just like from a regular pop3 account. Thanks- Mike Michael Goehring <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I delete a message in an IMAP account- the message > gets a red line only. I know I can have them delete when > I leave teh folder... but I would like to know how to > have it deleted immediately, just like from a regular > pop3 account. That's just the w...

Sending a group of contacts an email with attachment
Hi all, In Microsoft CRM 3.0 it is possible to sent one customer an e-mail and include an attachment by opening the customer and choose the option "sent e-mail". Unfortunately selecting a couple of contacts choosing "Direct e-mail", picking a template does not provide to add an attachment to the e-mail. Also using the quick campaign, creating an e-mail you cannot add an attachment to it. I have already read some workarounds like: - putting the file on a website and only sent a download link. - creating a template with an attachment by workflow? The first option wi...

To send txt messages
I'm using 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 as my mail server. Is it possible to configure these 2 servers (in coordination ofcourse with Telco who provides SMS service) in such a way I can send txt messages to our client. Or there's still other software package (from Microsoft) I need to install to have this kind of facility. Is this possible? Please help? Ask you Telco if they can provide you with e-mail to SMS gateway. Ask for requirments of such service\software\device. LIS wrote: > I'm using 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 as my mail server. Is it possible to > configur...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

send as attachment
I have office 2002. If I have an word file and go to => file => send to => mail receiptment (as attachment) The subject of that mail is going to be the same as the name of the file. I want to put in the document properties the subject is something else. In office 200 it worked good. Now not anymore. does anyone has an answer why it don't work now? please help ...

E-mail picture attachment
I attach a picture to an e-mail but cannot open the attachment in the new message screen. If I send it to myself I cannot open it. If I leave the e-mail in draft then I can open it event though the icon is still the blank page. It is listed as "IMG_2767ed-a-jpg (2 MG) but the icon is not a picture but a white blank page. Whatever is going on here. I have also tried to send an e-mail through Photoshop Elements 8 but the same thing happens. It seems to be a problem with Outlook 2007. Help, please ...

.exe attachment, system deletes
Can anyone help me please? I am trying to send an .exe file attachment through microsoft outlook, but each time outlook deletes attachment saying it maycontain a virus,so it will delete the said file..... I realise I should be reducing some security level? but where and how do I find it???? many thanks in advance of help !! Hi Sue Go to Tools\Options\Security tab, then UNTICK the box about Allowing Attachments that could be a Virus. Cheers Grant S> >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone help me please? >I am trying to send an .exe file attachment through >mic...

Word attachments from Outlook are read only unless dragged
Attachments are from Outlook 2003 They open in Word 2003 (11.5604.5606) WinXP. All word attachments which I open from Outlook open in word ok, however they are all read only. None of the attachments are being sent read only, and I do not get a dialog box in word giving me the opportunity to make the document editable. I have been told that this is an Outlook problem, not a word problem. If I drag the attachment to the desktop, and then open it - it opens satisfactorily (not read only). Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a nice day! Retired to Cybersp...

Attachments settings
Hi I have some security cameras that when activated email a snapshot to another location. When the received emails are received from a PC using outlook express the snapshot is visible within the body of the email itself. On another PC I use Outlook 2000, the snapshot is received as an attachment when emails are received on this machine. This means I have to double click the attachment and open it in a viewer program before I can see it. Is there any way I can set Outlook 2000 to behave as outlook express does, ie. show the snapshot as part of the email message? I have tried to alte...

Start-up message
I have message from my removed software every time I start Outlook: The add-in: C:\Program Files\Psion\PsiWin\pwolplug.dll could not be installed or loaded ... Where is this info hidding for Outlook? How it could be removed? Thanks! ...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Attachments included when sent to Outlook Express Recipient
Just recently recipients using Outlook Express are not able to receive attachments from me when I send using Outlook... HELP What type of attatchments? >-----Original Message----- >Just recently recipients using Outlook Express are not >able to receive attachments from me when I send using >Outlook... HELP >. > ...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Marking a Message Private in Outlook 2003
I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you mark just a single one? Reset your private option in the tools menu to "Normal" and then you can choose for each new email in the options of this new email if it should be private. Best Regards Peter -- Peter Marchert [EDP-Service Marchert] Homepage: Http://Www.Marchert.De Excel- And Outlook Programming Stars schrieb: > I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you > mark just a single one? I believe using this feature only places a banner across the mes...

Word 2002 is not responding when i try forward message.
Hello. If I'am use Word as email editor and try forward message, Word is loaded, I'am try write some word, after Word is not respond. I'am uncheck Word as email editor and forward work fine. Any idea? Thank you. ...

Send receive download only single message
When I do send receive (f9) on my windows mail gmail account, it only download single mail even if there are more to be downloaded (received). Thus if 9 mails had been recd than it is required to be actioned for send receive (f9) 9 times. Earlier it was not required (before 15 days) but suddenly it had created above problem which is very painful. Please sugguest some remedy for the same. "Nitin Bharadiya" <Nitin Bharadiya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0D46EF-5A30-47F6-A691-51FC2BA3B595@microsoft.com... > When I do send receive (f9) o...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Follow Up Flags Message
I have a user, who upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007, a few days ago. Since the upgrade, the user has the message, "Upgrading multicolored For Follow Up Flags to Color Categories..." at the bottom of their Outlook. Does anyone know why this message appears and how we can eliminate it? I've seen several posts on Google, but no one has posted a resolution. Thanks.. It's a required change since Outlook 2007 stores the Category list in the mailbox instead of in the registry. Depending on the size of the mailbox and the amount of items that have categorie...