Different smtp Server for Different Locations

I have an account that I use both from home and work. Receiving email
from these two locations works just fine. Nevertheless, for sending
emails I always have to change the smtp server. For instance at work I
have to set the smtp server to ms.[companyname].com whereas at home I
have to set it to smtp.[ISP].com. Is there a way around this so that I
don't always have to change the smtp for sending emails?

Thanks

0
rmdiv2000 (14)

Depends on the firewall settings at home/work.

Some ISP's don't allow connections to any other SMTP server other then
their own. In this case, there isn't much you can do unless you can VPN
into your work server first in which case the work SMTP settings will
work both ways.

If ISP allows connections to other SMTP servers and work allows
external connections to their SMTP server then it will work both ways.

What I typically do is setup 2 profiles in outlook, one is my @ Work
profile and the other my @ Home profile. When I start outlook it asks
me which profile I want to use, which always uses the correct SMTP
server.

Hope this helps,

Brad D.

0
braddet (1)
3/20/2006 4:43:27 PM
you'll always need to change something unless authenticating with the SMTP
takes care of it (if your home isp blocks SMTP, authentication won't help) -
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040322.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"rob" <rmdiv2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an account that I use both from home and work. Receiving email
> from these two locations works just fine. Nevertheless, for sending
> emails I always have to change the smtp server. For instance at work I
> have to set the smtp server to ms.[companyname].com whereas at home I
> have to set it to smtp.[ISP].com. Is there a way around this so that I
> don't always have to change the smtp for sending emails?
>
> Thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Using 2 or consolidate in 1 mailbox server
Currently I have roughly 2,700 mailboxes. About 1,350 distributed onto two Exch 2000 mailbox servers, 2 CPU. Would it be a good idea consolidate this on 4 Proc, single Exch 2003 Server ? Estimated growth is roughly 15% of mailbox for the next three years. If I go with one single mailbox, I think I could save money and use the hardware to buy an identical server to do cluster. ...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

DPM 2010 RC Agent Install on Windows 2008 Server R2
We are having trouble installing the DPM agent on a Windows 2008 Server R2 machine used as a terminal server. Any time we try to install from the DPM Console, we get the following error: "The agent operation failed because an error occured while running the installation program. Error details: Unspecified error (0x80004005)" If we install manually, the agent installs, but we get this same error when we try to set the DPM server using SetDPMServer.exe. I successfully installed this Agent on a Server 2008 R2 Terminal Server (Remote Desktop Session Host) using DPMAgent...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

CRM Small Business Edition running on Windows 2003 Server.
Hi all I would like to know if MS CRM Small Business edition will run on a standard Windows 2003 Server. I have SQL 2000 installed and running on a seperate server and could install SQL 2005 on another server if required. Any ideas as to getting CRM small business to run w/o installing Windows 2003 Small Business Server would be extremely appreciated. Thanks In Advance. Mark S. Mark, CRM 3.0 SBE will only install in Small Business Server. Mitch To my knowledge this cannot be done due to licence restrictions. To use the SBS edition of CRM it needs to run on SBS. The only possibili...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Size of rules file on server?
Is it possible to find out how large my rules file on the Exchange server is? I understand there is a 32KB limit. ...

How is SMTP handled in a NLB setup ?
We have two FrontEnd Exchange 2003 servers setup in a Network Load Balanced "cluster" - our BackEnd server uses the NLB cluster as smart host for outgoing SMTP.. Can we be sure that all outgoing mail is sent as coming from the common NLB cluster-IP-number or could it be possible that under certain conditions mail is sent as coming from the IP-number of the indivudal server handling the transaction ? Our worry is whether we need to register both the NLB cluster-IP and the individual server-IP's in external DNS - to enable sender verification in all circumstances ? Thank...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Appointment File Location
I had to reinstall my OS to another hard drive because of errors on my orginial drive. On the orginial drive (now Drive D:) I had Outlook installed. Either version 2002 or 2003. On my new drive, C, I installed Outlook 2003. I would like to import my appointments from drive D but I can not find where the data is stored. I successfully found and imported my Outlook Express messages and address book from the Identities folder on the D drive. Can someone tell me where I will find the appointments data? Thanks Jay Jay Beckham <berkeleyspringsinn@verizon.net> wrote: > On m...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Web page transfer to server (problem)
I created a document and saved it as a web page on XP_) tried to upload it using FileZilla FTP. It ended up as gibberish on my website. I have been successful with my old computer, no problems. Did you check FileZilla's document specs requirements? Sometimes with those FTP sites they have file and storage limits. Maybe the file is too big? Just check their FAQ or customer service, since you're trying to upload to their site it'll be your best bet. :). "gelston" wrote: > I created a document and saved it as a web page on XP_) tried to upload it &g...

5.7.0 SMTP Access Denied error
Someone is trying to send legit email to my domain and they keep recieving the following message in an NDR.... The recipient could not be processed because it would violate the security policy in force <good.sswpc.com #5.7.0 smtp;550 5.7.0 Access Denied> Good.sswpc.com is our smart host. This is GFI spam filter. They say that thier program is not generating this message. The sending domain is in our whitelist and not in one of our Blacklists and thier domain is not in a SPAM blacklist. Any ideas?? Thanks. TLMPLHou66 <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote: >Someone is trying to s...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Virus protection for exchange servers
Hello, I will soon be setting up an Exchange 2007 server. I plan on having my exchange server behind a Barracuda spam firewall wich scans for viruses. I was wondering about what virus protection I should use on the exchange server itself. Is symantec ok to use? Or is there some special virus scanning software I need to purchase that can intelligently scan the Exchange data base? Robert There are lots of solutions and lots of opinions as to which is best or even necessary. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "supersonic_...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

Any way to 'append' mailbox from the server side ?
I have some new user accounts that would like to retrieve mail from the old mailboxes/windows accounts. Currently I am asking users to logon as 'old' then export mail to .pst, then log back in as 'new' and import the '.pst' file. Is there any smarter way to do this from a server side, using any method to 'append' the old mailboxes to the new ones ? Using the mail migration utilities included with Exchange didn't have the effect you wanted? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5AHaeflEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.p...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

Difference 05-21-04
What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? -Johnny Johnny wrote: > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > -Johnny Does it have anything to do with Outlook integration? -- - I am Johnny! Your Internet penpal. I have a scooter, how about you? "Johnny" <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evfBJNwPEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Johnny wrote: > > > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > > > -Johnny > Does it have anything to do with Outlook inte...