Different smtp Server for Different Locations

I have an account that I use both from home and work. Receiving email
from these two locations works just fine. Nevertheless, for sending
emails I always have to change the smtp server. For instance at work I
have to set the smtp server to ms.[companyname].com whereas at home I
have to set it to smtp.[ISP].com. Is there a way around this so that I
don't always have to change the smtp for sending emails?

Thanks

0
rmdiv2000 (14)

Depends on the firewall settings at home/work.

Some ISP's don't allow connections to any other SMTP server other then
their own. In this case, there isn't much you can do unless you can VPN
into your work server first in which case the work SMTP settings will
work both ways.

If ISP allows connections to other SMTP servers and work allows
external connections to their SMTP server then it will work both ways.

What I typically do is setup 2 profiles in outlook, one is my @ Work
profile and the other my @ Home profile. When I start outlook it asks
me which profile I want to use, which always uses the correct SMTP
server.

Hope this helps,

Brad D.

0
braddet (1)
3/20/2006 4:43:27 PM
you'll always need to change something unless authenticating with the SMTP
takes care of it (if your home isp blocks SMTP, authentication won't help) -
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040322.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"rob" <rmdiv2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an account that I use both from home and work. Receiving email
> from these two locations works just fine. Nevertheless, for sending
> emails I always have to change the smtp server. For instance at work I
> have to set the smtp server to ms.[companyname].com whereas at home I
> have to set it to smtp.[ISP].com. Is there a way around this so that I
> don't always have to change the smtp for sending emails?
>
> Thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Different trend types
I am using excel to curve fit to data in an X-Y Scatter plot. Does anyone know of add-ins/extensions that allow plotting of trendlines for other types of curves eg. Sigmoid or sinusoidal curves? You can use Solver to fit such data. Send me private email if interested; attach file with data and tell me the equation to use. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Dan Burgess" <Dan Burgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A965B80-42F3-4BEA-8A6F-EE2AC53DAF95@microsoft.com... >I am using excel to curve fit...

Redundant Exchange Servers
My company has two locations. Right now both locations are two separate domains. We would like to build a new domain and migrate both domains into the new domain. We are trying to set up Exchange so that there is no single point of failure. Can I set up Exchange in both locations so that if one site goes down the other site will receive all the mail and hold all the mail until the other server is back online? Also, can I set two Exchange servers up to be fully redundant? If so, do I need to have shared storage for the two servers? I am guessing that to make this happen, I will n...

Deliver new mail to two different .pst files.

Move from hosted outlook to In-House 2003 Exchange Server
Currently our office uses Hosted Outlook services from an ASP. We have grown in size and it is now economically advantageous to move to an in-house exchange server. I have built a 2003 server with exchange 2003 running. I am thinking of having our DNS provider add a second MX record for the in-house server with a lower priority than the ASP's server. Then I would have the ASP forward all email received to the in-house server while testing. I would then configure the test clients Outlook to use the in-house exchange server and hopefully all will go well. Does anyone have suggestions...

Exchange 2k3
I'm working on rolling out a new 2k3 server and am looking into making the administration of the users easier. Our legacy e-mail server has lots of multiple domain e-mail addresses for all of the users. What I am considering is rewriting them all to a single address and then only adding a primary address for what their from: will be. user.name@domain.com, user.name@domain1.com, user.name@domain2.com, user.name@domain3.com, and user.name@domain4.com will all get delivered to user.name@domain.com. I will add the user.name@domain3.com to the user so that their From: address will show...

Archive from Inbox on Exchage Server to pst file
I am trying to execute the Auto Archive in a folder "INBOX" located in the Exchange Server, to a pst file located on the Hard Disk. The file "archive.pst" is created but the emails are not moved to the "INBOX" folder in the "archive.pst". How can I fix this problem? I am using the Windows 2000 with Outlook 2002 SP2 Autoarchive works on the "modified" date of the item - perhaps that's your issue. Rogerio wrote: > I am trying to execute the Auto Archive in a > folder "INBOX" located in the Exchange Server, to a pst &g...

Outlook on 2 different pcs
I just installed a wireless network in my home. My desktop pc is my acting server and I also have a laptop that I carrying for my business. I have XP Home and Outlook 2002 installed on both pc and laptop. I am using my pop account from my ISP. I was wondering what is the easiest way for me to update my Outlook folders and address from my laptop to my pc without copying my pst files and address book files? Any help will be appreciative. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

load range of cells from one file into a different file
I want to load a range of cells from a spreadsheet in one file into a spreadsheet in a completely different file. I know how to do this with a cell by cell reference to the cells in the different file but I'm wondering if I can simplify this by using a named range.I'm not experienced with using named ranges and so far all my attempts have failed. Also, I would be interested to know if cell formats can be transferred in addition to the cell contents? Thanks for some tips. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com Select the range, copy it, go to the new workbook, select the first cell, do edit>...

Moving address book to a different computer
I have gotten a new computer and want to move my address book and preferably some messages to my new computer. The export/import functions seem to only work between Outlook Express and Outlook on the SAME computer. Additionally, when I use the export function, I am not given a chance to select a file name or location to save the exported file into. Even if I could do this, when importing, I'm not given options to pick it up from the A: drive or D: drive in order to retrieve the file from my old computer. Would someone advise me as to how to move my inbox and address files to ...

Exchange Server Training
If anyone is interested in taking any of the below-mentioned courses at a location near you, please let me know: Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 for Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Administrators Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5: System Administration (Windows NT Server 4.0) 1026 Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Series - Concepts and Administration 1569 Updating Administration and Support Skills from Microsoft Exchange Server 5.x to Microsoft Exchange 2000 1572 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange 2000 1573B Designing Microsoft Exchange 2000 for the Enterprise 2008 Designing and Pla...

Echo Back the Cell Location
Is there a VBA routine that will echo back the cell location based on the value in another cell ? For example, consider the following A B C D 1 101 110.5 2 102 3 103.9 4 104 5 110.5 6 121 I'm looking for the cell location for the value (110.5) contained in cell C1 and place the returned location (A5) in cell D1. I tried a few things, but I'm just getting started in VBA. Any help would be appreciated. Also, is it possible to do the same task with worksheet functions ? Thanks in advance, Hi with worksheetfunction: ="A" &...

Form different size in form view vs design view
Hello A newbie question...Why when I set my form size to 6 inches width in design view it fills the page in Form view? Thanks for any input! Steve On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:24:01 -0800, SteveZmyname <SteveZmyname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The AutoResize property of the form should be set to Yes. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hello >A newbie question...Why when I set my form size to 6 inches width in design >view it fills the page in Form view? Thanks for any input! > >Steve Is it set to maximize on Open? Or possibly you have another form opene...

Excel in differents lenguages
Does anybody know how to use functions in inglis in portuguese excel? Tks If you mean how to translate English functions to Portuguese: http://members.chello.nl/jvolk/keepitcool and look for the Formula Translator -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ric0999" <ric0999@bol.com.br> wrote in message news:1169859924.019831.179270@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Does anybody know how to use functions in inglis in portuguese excel? | | Tks | I mean, for exemple: = Sum() in portugues is = soma(); =vlookup in portugues is =procv I want to use "vlookp&...

Urgent: Exchange 2003 Postmaster SMTP Address
Hi, I need to have a different SMTP address in the postmaster account so people dont ask wich domain is that on the postmaster account when they receive non-delivery reports. I changed the domain as it says in the article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313832 But nothing happens, the SMTP address still the same! What do i need to do or check? Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Clemente Portugal NDRs are sent from postmaster@localdomain - which happens to be your AD domain. Fairly certain this can't be changed in Exchange Server 2003/2000. Changing th...

Allowing Vendor to Place SQL Server Instance w/o giving customer a
We have a vertical market vendor who we bought a program requesting to place a separate SQL Server instance on our server without giving us admin rights. I understand that they want to protect their schema and want to keep us from writing to the DB, but I feel very uncomfortable with this. What would you do? Thanks. Eds Ask, what if the their queries will cause perfromance degradation and it will affect your production.... what would you do? At our company we dictate to vendor on what server to set up their program and they given very limited login to operate only with t...

range of data from different sheets
I'm having trouble creating a graph because the data is spread on different sheets. I've got a new sheet for each month and I'd like to produce a trend graph. Do I have to bring each set of numbers onto the same sheet, or is there a way to have a range of data spread over various sheets? I hope that makes sense! For any given series, for any given set of values (x or y) the data must be on the same sheet. Other than that, you can have data on multiple sheets. So, for one series you could have the series name on one sheet, the x- values on a 2nd sheet, and the y-values on a...

Reply to email address in the Exchange Server
Hi We're using Exchange 2k3 and we need to slowly migrate our email address from @domain1.com to @domain2.com. The first step of the migration, is to have each Outlook client show @domain2.com when they reply to a customer instead of @domain1.com while not changing any of the DNS or MX records from domain1.com yet. Where do I go about doing this so that our customers are used to seeing domain2.com instead of domain1.com? Thanks in advance for your assistance! R Green Whoever host your DNS records, that's who will have to change the MX records. Normally it's an ISP. You'...

Mail stuck in SMTP Queue
I have SBS2003 w/ Exchange running and when I send a message to the out side world it gets stuck in the SMTP queue. I am using a smart host from my ISP that has worked for me before. I have matched up all the settings with a machine that is working I have un installed AV port 25 open on the firewall not sure where else to go Stop using the smarthost and see what happens. Just use DNS for mail delivery. "kdog3445" <kdog3445@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA2E5448-097E-428E-A83E-6B60A5847FCD@microsoft.com... >I have SBS2003 w/ Exchange running a...

Trying to calculate difference between two times in an access repo
I am trying to calculate the difference between two times in an access report and don't know what the correct expression is. My report has a column of "Start" and "End" that has the start time of the project and the end time of the project. I need the difference between the 2 so I created an expression for "Total production time" - =timediff("h",[end],[start]) but a box keeps appearing when I try to view the report which means I have an error and I don't know where I went wrong Try the DateDiff() function. "h" might not ...

SMTP Connector
Error Message received by NDR - This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server Can anyone shed some light on this one? This only happens with random external domains. Cheers On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:07:02 -0700, Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Error Message received by NDR - This message was rejected due to the current >administrative policy by the destination server > >Can anyone shed some light on this one? This only happens with random >external domains. > >Cheers Sounds like they are blocking you...

Hw to setup public Exchange server
Hi all, appologies for this stupid post, but I need a help. Our company are using SBS 2003 SP1 with POP3 connector. That means our Exchange (from SBS) collect POP3 mails from our ISP's network. I have a part of experience with exchange setup (message delivery, recipient policies, administer mailbox stores...). Now, we bought static IP address and we'd like to publish Exchange on Internet with our FQDN (e-mails). Windows 2003 Server environment; AD, DNS, ISA2004, Exchange 2003 Std or Ent. Please give me any suggestion or web page for begining - how to setup clean Exchange instal...

Pivot Tables with different groupings based on same data table
On a single worksheet I have a small table consisting of two columns, Date & Sales. Each row is one instance of a date with its sales. The data is in the form of an Excel 2007 "Table". With a cell in the table selected, I click on "Insert Pivot Table"; position it on the same worksheet as the data table; in the Pivot Table Field List I check both Date and Sales; then select a Date cell, Rt.Click , Click Group, and Group by weeks (7 days); thus giving me the 1st table I want and from which I can obtain the chart I want. But then I try to repeat the whole process,...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

DPM 2010 RC - DPM could not backup some files
In the DPM 2010 RC, whenever DPM cannot back up some data source's files (ID 32526), nowhere in the DPM Admin Console does is say WHICH server it could not back up the files for. On the Alerts tab, none of the information for these failed file alerts indicates the data source or server name. It just gives the DPM server's name in the Computer column. The View failed files log gives the path of the failed files, but not even this gives the protecter server's name. This requires me to deduce which protected server the failed files are on by looking at the paths of the f...

Using two different formats for one cell.
I am trying to display a cell in a certain format depending on what cell it is equal to. For example, =IF(B7=TRUE,C6,E6). If the answer is C6 I want the field to display Jan 22 2004, if it is equal to E6 I want the field to display Jan 2004. The answer would appear in cell K6 for example. one way: =IF(B7, TEXT(C6,"mmm dd yyyy"), TEXT(E6,"mmm yyyy")) Note that the result will be text, not actual dates. In article <1B9B1538-BEB6-4AB4-9E19-884CC269C820@microsoft.com>, Mindie <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to display a c...