Difference within HTML/Rich Text/Plain Text

Could anyone explain me the difference between the three mail format (HTML,
Rich text and Plain text) and wich do you recommend the best?

Thank you
0
vt003 (2)

Use plain text unless you want to set the format of your text, as in
specifying the font, using italics, etc, in which case you'd probably use
HTML. Generally, you'll only use rich text if you're on an Exchange server
and sending messages to others in the same organization.

Having said all that, I admit that I prefer using rich text as it just works
better in Outlook 2003. The real answer is use whatever you prefer.

-Peter

"vt003" <vt003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could anyone explain me the difference between the three mail format
> (HTML,
> Rich text and Plain text) and wich do you recommend the best?
>
> Thank you

0
pdurkee (276)

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

opening up html files in Internet Explorer from a VC++ button
Hi I've written several programs in VC++ and I'd like to be able to provide help files in HTML (which i have written) . I want to be able to allow the user to click the help button/memu item, and then open up an instance of Internet Explorer with the home page of my help. I've also used the HTML help workshop product to create the newer .chm files (they are very nice) but again how do i open up documents in IE, or in Word, excel etc etc. Thanks for any help David You should use the ShellExecute call. To open an url in the default browser use it as follows: ShellExecute(NULL,...

Macro to change cell text color
OBJECTIVE: I select a range of cells. I want a macro I can run tha changes the color of the text based on 3 criteria: (1) if a numeric value w/o an = sign or any mathematical operators then RED (2) if a forumla w/ an = sign, but no other operators, then GREEN (3) if a formula w/ an = sign and operators, then BLUE Can anyone post this? Thanks. - Ji -- James ----------------------------------------------------------------------- James C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3953...

Name range within a name range
In Excel is it possible to create a name range that contains multiple name ranges. As an example, I have created several name ranges with one cell reference, such as Sales(A2), COS(A5), ADM(A7), SELLING(A8), MRKT(A9). I would like to create a name range that I could include the all the name ranges and call it GROSS_PROFIT. If later I add another range I would like to be able to just add the range name to GROSS_PROFIT, such as R&D. Also the reason I chose to use named ranges is my cell references can change from month to month, I find it easier to create formulas using name refer...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Text Formatting in Smart Art
How can I override a pre-defined format in Smart Art? I have some text that is hyperlinked, and I do NOT want it to appear in a different color or underline. I cannot seem to modify that text to look the same as that without hyperlinks. "Margie" <Margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6815923-5C1A-4328-881F-E6FA64F6F96D@microsoft.com... > How can I override a pre-defined format in Smart Art? I have some text > that > is hyperlinked, and I do NOT want it to appear in a different color or > underline. I cannot seem to modify that...

Count first occurance of text
I have a row of 24 cells, some are blank and others have text. I am trying to create a formula that returns the first instance of text being used. I have tried using a match, but it gives me an error because I am trying to pull text not a number. thanks Here's one dart throw .. Assume your 24 source cells are A2:A25 Place in say, B2, normal ENTER to confirm: =INDEX(A2:A25,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(ISTEXT(A2:A25),),0)) Bullseye? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "Chad Wods...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

How to automatically activate VBA coding within worksheet?
The following code is stored under specific worksheet, whenever the worksheet is opened, firstly it will update all links and do all the calculation for each cells. For the given code, it requires to manually press F2 and enter to update and trigger the rest of coding. However, the value within cell A1 is calculated by formula, without manually pressing F2 and Enter within cell A1, the rest of coding will not be performed without triggering cell A1, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to trigger the rest of coding without manually update the A1 cell's value? Thank ...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Increase plot size within Chart area
Help, report due today. How do I increase the size of the plot area to fit more closer to the chart area margins. I would like to bring the plot area closer to the border of the chart area. This has been annoying me. Moving the chart handles to increase the size simply moves the white border with it. Assistance that works, greatly appreciated. Click in the middle of the chart to select the Plot Area. Resize this rectangle to suit. If it's a 3D chart, you will not be able to make it as large as you'd probably like. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials an...

Modify a text file without make a copy
Hi everybody, I have a text file called "Mytext.txt" like this: ------------------------- number: 2345 some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... some text blabla.... ------------------------- I just would like modify the number in the firt line (2345), without put in the memory the rest of the text or create a new temporay file? Is it possible? I ask this question because I want to use this script with lot of text files and this text files are quite big...

Negative Quantities in Smartlists show up as text 250-
On some workstations in our company when running a smartlist report negative quantities are displayed as a text field, 250- for example, instead of -250. When downloading to excel the cell category shows up as "general". The result is that I can't use this cell as part of a successful calculation. Attempting to change it to a number or currency amount doesn't work. This is only on some workstations. On others the quantity comes in as a number -250 and others as a number (250). Does anyone know why this may vary from workstation to workstation? Thanks Same SmartList, ...

Cannot center highlighted text
Version: 2008 I am trying to center only one line of text, but even when I have the selected text highlighted, Word insists on centering the entire page of text. Help! Center alignment is a Paragraph formatting attribute. You can't center align just one line of a paragraph unless that line comprises the entire paragraph. It sounds like you have one long paragraph. Turn on the non-printing characters (�) so you can see what you're dealing with. If necessary reply with complete details... I'm afraid there isn't much else to suggest unless you provide a better image of...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Custom Report based on search of Memo Text
Is there a way to build a custom report with a simple text string search on the Memo field? The memo field is commonly used to classify certain transaction outside of budget categories and such. This type of report is common in other financial software packages. In microsoft.public.money, Starone wrote: >Is there a way to build a custom report with a simple text string search on >the Memo field? The memo field is commonly used to classify certain >transaction outside of budget categories and such. This type of report is >common in other financial software packages. U...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Two Text Lines in one Cell.
Is there is a way to have two text lines in one cell. Please advise. Thanks Peter Peter, When you type text in to a cell, use ALT+Enter to insert a line break. To combine two cells in to a single cell, you can use a formula like =A1&CHAR(10)&A2 . Ensure that the cell has Wrap Text formatting enabled. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B6AFD9D-5C93-46D1-8B00-A2919A3659F8@microsoft.com... > Is there is a way to have two text lines...

Counting Specific Text
I would like to be able to count the number of times a particular text entry is listed within a column. For example if there is a list and Apples are in the list 4 times, I would like a formula that would count the number of times apples appeared in colunn A and place that number in column B. Thanks for the help. Todd Todd If you want to summarise more than one type, you may be better off using a pivot table (from Data/Pivot Table). If it's just a one-off use: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"Apples") Andy. "Todd" <todd@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:060f01c376d7$f...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Text Box / Cell Evaluation Not Consistant
Whenever I comapre the value of a Reference Cell to the value of a TextBox LinkCell using an IF statement, I get conflicting results. If I compare two alphanumeric values the return is TRUE, whereas two numbers return a FALSE. I used the Evaluate Formula function and noticed that the value of the LinkCell is enclosed in quotes so I assume LinkCells are alway Text, but when I format the Reference Cell as Text, I get the same FALSE return. Any suggestions on why this might be happening? A textbox always returns text. Something like this (where A1 is linked cell, B1 numeric) ....... ? =IF...

Microsoft Exchange servers strip all inline CSS styles in HTML emails
I need help. I've been search for the last 3 days without luck, so I'm posting. I'm helping out the team that sends out HTML emails to our subscribers, and we're running into an issue where Microsoft Exchange servers strip all CSS inline styles. Specifically, this tag: <p style="padding:0px 5px 0px 18px;font-family:Lucida Grande,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,san-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;color:#666;"> Gets rewritten as: <p style=""> and <td colspan="2" style="padding:20px 0 20px 0"> gets rewrit...