Difference in "Unread Mail" search folders?

Outlook 2007 - I have two Unread Mail folders, one in Favorites and one
under Search Folders. My default Email account is IMAP. If I click on
"Customize" on the Unread Mail folder  in Favorites, the only place that it
will search is Personal Folders. If I do the same in the one under Search
Folders, the only place it will search is the IMAP account. Why is this, and
is there any way to make an Unread Mail folder that will search both
Personal Folders AND the IMAP account?

Thanks

0
gbplinux (1141)

No. A Search Folder will only search against one PST at a time.

--
Bill R MVP
"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007 - I have two Unread Mail folders, one in Favorites and one
> under Search Folders. My default Email account is IMAP. If I click on
> "Customize" on the Unread Mail folder  in Favorites, the only place that
> it will search is Personal Folders. If I do the same in the one under
> Search Folders, the only place it will search is the IMAP account. Why is
> this, and is there any way to make an Unread Mail folder that will search
> both Personal Folders AND the IMAP account?
>
> Thanks

0
BillR9171 (440)

Counting and totaling unread mails from subfolders in Outlook 2007
As the title says i was searching hard to find a solution to count and total my unread emails from several subfolders of the folder INBOX but i didn't find anything in this way. Can somebody answer me exactly to this problem or maybe there is an addon built in this way ? P.S. I know the trick to make a new unread folder separetly in wich i can see all the unread mails, but this solution dosen't staisfy me. I'm not aware of any addins that were designed to do this, but there may be some that work on the same premise as the search folder trick. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlo...

Broken "Unread Mail" search folder
Hello... The default Unread Mail search folder has died on Outlook (2003). This happened when I changed an account or some folders or something... Now when I click on this folder nothing happens. If I right-click on it then Outlook very quickly crashes and as to be restarted. I tried creating a new profile to access my existing pst file but this made no difference. If anyone has any idea how I can delete this folder or fix it then please do let me know. Your help will be greatly appreciated. This has been bugging me for weeks. Thanks, Jonathan Right click on the busted search folder an...

Show Number of Unread Mail IN Taskbar/System Tray
does anyone know if there is a way (in Outlook 2003) to show the number of unread or new mail in the taskbar or in the system tray. I am talking when you have Outlook minimized, it says Inbox - Microsoft Outlook....I want it to say Inbox (1) - Microsoft Outlook. I want Outlook to behave just like GMail does. Thanks. ...

How do I expand messages in Unread Mail search folder?
I use a search folder to identify unread mail that has been moved into nested local folders by my rules. Previously, when I displayed the Unread Mail pane, I would see all the unread messages in groups, with headers indicating their folder. Something has changed, and now the messages in each folder group are collapsed. I have to click on a little "+" box in the header to expand each folder's messages and make them visible. Where is the setting that controls the display as a collapesed tree? I would like to have the messages always display in an expanded form, and not have to m...

Unread mail discrepancy in Windows XP Welcome Screen
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C72C07.942B3000 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On the Windows XP Welcome screen, the unread mail counts are = consistently wrong. I tried editing the registry to synchronize the = unread mail counts but I was unable to get the Welcome screen count to = stay synchronized with the actual count in Outlook. I deleted the = registry entry = [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1606980848-1957994488-1060284298-1003\Software\Micro= soft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail...

Unread Mail in Favorites
Outlook 2003 Got a funny one here: Unread Mail doesn't show in Favorites. I can right click and add it but when I close Outlook down it vanishes again. "ChrisSDB" <ChrisSDB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C20DC882-7793-4AC5-A839-33C076B59047@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 > Got a funny one here: Unread Mail doesn't show in Favorites. I can right > click and add it but when I close Outlook down it vanishes again. This indicates that Outlook isn't actually closing properly. The next time you close Outlook, use the Task Mana...

Lost "Unread Mail" folder
Suddenly my "Unread Mail" folder is gone. It is no longer in my folder list and has disappeared from my Shortcuts. When I try to add it via "Add New Shortcut", it is listed in the drop-down list, but when I choose it I get the error: "The selected folder could not be found. Would you like to remove it from your history list" Please help. This was the single best feature of 2003! Thanks in advance, Ed Try resetting your Navigation Pane. From the command line type outlook.exe /resetnavpane (do this with Outlook closed) -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.ca...

Re: OL2002 Not Showing Unread Mail
> Using OL2002. In the shortcut bar, the shortcuts don't show the amount of > unread mail in each particular folder. This is on my laptop. On my desktop, > they show fine, so I'm assuming there's a setting on my laptop that is not > set correctly? > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > David Barr Yaffe, C.A.S. > dave@filmsoundxyz.com > (to reply remove xyz from email address) > > ...

Moving View Rules To Unread Mail Folder
Hi, I have OL2003. I have a subfolder from my Inbox that has some rules that I'd also like to use in my "Unread Mail" folder. How do I copy them over? I've tried using File->Folder->Copy Folder Design, but I get this error: "Folder rules cannot be copied. Copy operation failed". How can this be done, or can it be done? TIA, -Tennis The Unread Mail folder isn't really a folder. It's a stored search represented as a folder. It just shows all the unread messages in all folders in a message store (PST/mailbox). You can't do things...

Accidental deletion of Unread Mail Folder
Hello. I am using Outlook 2003, and by accident, I deleted the Unread Mail folder from my Favorite Folders list. Is there any way to restore it? Or, I can create a new folder, but how do I get it to contain only unread mail? Thanks for your help! -Matt If you right click the root search folder and select New Search Folder > Unread Mail, once it is created right click Unread Folder and choose Customize this folder and use the Browse button to select what folders/sub folders to include. "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09e501c3d9de$6c...

Recreating Unread Mail folder in Outlook 2003
Is there a way to recreate the Unread Mail folder in Outlook 2003, if it's been deleted previously? I attempted to recreate the folder by hand, which works, but it's functionality (i.e. all unread messages showing up in it) wasn't restored. Start Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch. Outlook.exe /resetnavpane from the command line. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:OFv4fD5gDHA.884@TK2MS...

Unread Mail changed to read mail without reading
Microsoft Outlook has a defect whereby when I select an "Unread Mail" message, it will "involuntarily" remove the bold font (indicating unread) of another message which has not been read or even pointed to. Why is this so, and has Microsoft been contacted before about this? -- R N Kaplan ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in t...

incoming emails go directly into "Unread Mail".
I have had no problems with Outlook Express for the past 8 years, but recently an occasional email goes directly into "Unread Mail" and when opened, then disappears from the system. The Unread Mail folder is a Search Folder which only displays unread messages. Once you've opened the message, it will no longer be displayed there but will still exist in the real folder that you received it in; for instance the Inbox folder. Additionally see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/322 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 h...

Outlook 2007 Unread Mail
I have several email accounts setup in Outlook 2007 with each one having its own pst file - such that they have their own little tree of Inbox, Sent and other folders instead of one big mess piling into Personal Folders. Question: 1. How do I get the Unread Mail folder in "favorite folders" to recognize unread mail in inboxes other than Personal Folders? 2. How can I setup desktop notification for email coming into non-Personal Folders pst-file accounts? 3. Can I setup notifications for rule filtered email in the "personal folders" email account as well? Thanks 1. Sea...

Outlook mail inbox counter views a wrong number of unread mails
Hi, my outlook 2003 client with MAPI profile views a wrong number of unread mails, in my case it views -1 unread message regarding that there are. If I configure an IMAP4 profile no problem appears. May you help me? Sergio. Sergio Minniti wrote: > Hi, my outlook 2003 client with MAPI profile views a wrong number of unread > mails, in my case it views -1 unread message regarding that there are. Usually running ISINTEG (after taking good backup) against Private InfoStore puts counters back in order. > > If I configure an IMAP4 profile no problem appears. Well, I doubt that IMA...

Have to hit delete twice in Unread Mail
While in Unread Mail, I used to be able to hit delete one time and the message would go to my Deleted Items folder but no longer be in the Unread Mail folder. Now when I hit delete, the message goes to the deleted items folder but stays in the unread mail folder. I have to hit delete again for it to go away. I understand the logic of this. The message is still unread when I delete it the first time, hence having to do it again. But I didn't have to do this before. It always left the unread mail folder the first time. I tried setting mail to show as read after 1 second in the readin...

Unread Mail counter shows non-existent unread mails!
Outlook 2007. My "Unread mail box" indicates there are 2 unread mails - but no mails are listed in the folder. When I receive further mails, the ounct goes up and the new mails ar shown in the folder, but, always, the count of unread mails is two more than are shown. Is there a way of curing this? Gerald Do you perhaps have a filter applied to that view? If you are not bothered about where the count is coming from simply right click the folder and choose Mark All as Read. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 htt...

Outlook 2003 Unread Mail
My 'Unread Mail' folder no longer works. Can anyone help to reinstall this folder? Thank You, Lori look for the search folder at the end of the folder list and drag the new mail one to the favorites. if its missing from search folders right click on the search folder and choose new search folder - its one of the predefined folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-re...

Mythical unread mails
Outlook is indicating that there are 2 unread mails even though the unread mail folder is empty. If new mail arrives, then the figure 2 increases to 3. When I read the new mail and close the box, the figure reverts to 2. This is very irritating! Any ideas how to cure this? Thanks On Dec 9, 11:17=A0pm, coxwall <coxw...@waitrose.com> wrote: > Outlook is indicating that there are 2 unread mails even though the > unread mail folder is empty. =A0If new mail arrives, then the figure 2 > increases to 3. When I =A0read the new mail and close the box, the > figure ...

Unread mail on welcome screen
On my log-on screen there are two unread messages showing since I installed Office Standard 2007. When I open Outlook there are no unread messages. Likewise none in Outlook express. (I have removed the email accounts from Outlook express since install and now solely use Office Outlook.) I've sorted out the immediate problem and denied the two offending accounts by using the instructions given previously at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304148/en-us I would very much like to have my system running properly to show unread messages on the welcome screen. Is there any way of fully ...

unread mail message #2

Unread mail in deleted Items/ icon on titlebar
Hi, When there is unread mail in Deleted Items, the icon on the title bar shows that you got new mail. Is it possible to set that unread mail in Deleted Items folder automaticly get the status Read? Regards Petter ...

Outlook 2003 Unread mail folder missing...
Changed a view where i lost my "unread messages" folder and can not figure out how to restore. thank you, Did you click on the mail icon at the bottom of the navigation bar or did you click on the folder icon? Try the mail icon (open envelope). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer scotth <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Changed a view where i lost my &qu...

"Unread Mail" folder not working
Dear friends: My "Unread Mail" folder is not working. The issue started a month ago, when it seemed to work, but if I double clicked on it, Outlook (2003) crashed. Now, it doesn't shows any unread email. I "repaired" my Outlook installation, using the Installer feature, and also my Outlook Files using ScanPST, all is OK, but nothing happens. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! Try recreating the folder. Delete it, then go to 'File|New|Search Folder' to crea...

Unread mail marked as "Inbox" don't get to Inbox
Here's my problem. Mail that appears in "Unread Mail" as being in my "Inbox" does not appear in my Inbox. This has just begun happening. I prefer consulting my Inbox for priority mail, so this is a real problem. Do you have a View set on the Inbox that is hiding your messages? What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "thomascalvo...