Difference between "My Contacts" and "Other" Contacts

My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003.
I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts
that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but
others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts.
Why is that?
0
anonymous (74717)

Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By
definition they are not owned by you.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003.
> I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts
> that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but
> others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts.
> Why is that?

0
Roady
8/13/2004 4:51:53 PM
I don't understand. What do you mean "Configured in my folder list?" So
Contacts under My Contacts are Contacts that I am set as "Owner" of and the
"Other" Contacts are just Contacts I have Permissions to?

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By
> definition they are not owned by you.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003.
> > I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts
> > that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but
> > others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts.
> > Why is that?

0
TonyLaw (1)
8/13/2004 5:05:02 PM
Yes, all Contacts folders that are shown in the Folder List Navigation will
show up under "My Contacts"

--

"Tony Law" <TonyLaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't understand. What do you mean "Configured in my folder list?" So
> Contacts under My Contacts are Contacts that I am set as "Owner" of and
> the
> "Other" Contacts are just Contacts I have Permissions to?
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By
>> definition they are not owned by you.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003.
>> > I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts
>> > that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but
>> > others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts.
>> > Why is that?

0
Roady

Difference between "My Contacts" and "Other" Contacts
My office just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I've noticed in Outlook, in Contacts, that some Contacts that I have access to are listd under "My Contacts" but others are listed under the "Other" section of Contacts. Why is that? Other Contacts folders that are not configured in your folder list. By definition they are not owned by you. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Tony Law" <anonymous@discussions...

How do I share my contacts and calendarwith others in outlook?
chimera, If you are using Office 2003 with your company, you can use an option called 'Shared Calendars' Sharing your Calendar 1. Click your Calendar tab. 2. Under My Calendars section, make sure the calendar you wish to share is checked. 3. Choose the Share My Calendar… link 4. Set the Permission Level for Default to Reviewer chimera wrote: Not simple without Exchange - see if http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm helps. Note -please post by putting a concise summary in the subject line and all the details in the body of your post. ...