Unfortunately, I can't download the "descriptions" that goes with each
newsgroup carried by my ISP.   The names of the forums described in the
subject line above sound similar, but there must be a difference.  Any idea?

sonrisa322 (18)

J <sonrisa322@comcast.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I can't download the "descriptions" that goes with each
> newsgroup carried by my ISP.   The names of the forums described in
> the subject line above sound similar, but there must be a difference.

At one time there was, but there is no longer.  Just choose one.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Thanks for your feedback.  J

0
sonrisa322 (18)

Windows XP Home SP2 and Outlook 2002 with Word as editor
I have Windows XP home one my machine and run the Windows XP Service PAck 2 froma a CD Supplied by Microsoft. after the upgrade everything was working as normal until the Automatic update that took place on Thursday 14th October which included the following:- Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service PAck 2 (KB885884) and Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP SP2 (KB834707) After this I had problems with Outlook not recognising Word as my e-mail editor and even after performing the fix as set out in Article ID 319796 I still have no joy with Outlokk a...

Taste this correction package from the Microsoft
--farnqbbcxjkh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jvxopegygr"; type="multipart/alternative" --jvxopegygr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xozzsufc" --xozzsufc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security...

Outlook 2003 will not Empty Deleted Items folder and will not Send messages correctly...
Hello, I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I noticed that when I exit Outlook the Deleted Items folder is not being emptied. I went to Option Other and made sure it was checked and it is. I even unchecked it, clicked Apply, and then checked it again and clicked Apply. Still doesn't work. Another problem is that when I type a message and click SEND the message no longer is sent. I have to click Send/Receive for this to happen. What gives? Thanks in advance.... Did you upgrade and keep your old profile or did you make a new one? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourse...

Install outlook crm3 on 4 terminal server with NLB
After installing the outlook crm for each user using the terminal script on each terminal station ' the outlook is working only for the first machine i install. on the other machine the toolbar is not working. is there any documents regarding the install with more than 1 terminal server and NLB? my wmail is : itsik2effectcrm.co.il ...

Add additional server for public folders
Hey all! Here is the current situation. We have a single Exchange server 2003 with 3 storage groups and one public folder store. Our public folder store and tree have just gotten out of control! I purchased hardware for a new server just to house the public folders. In the process of putting the public folders on the new server, i also want to clean up the existing tree. My question is, what is the best way to introduce a server just for public folders? How would i "move" the existing folders over to the new server? Thanks! Mike Setup the new Exchange server and use the Public Fol...

Microsoft Query #2
Using Get External Data --> Database --> Excel File it's not showing the cells having data in %age format. Even afte changing their format to General its not showing the data. Also their are 3 coloumns having numeric data, out of which its showin only 1 coloumn rest 2 coloumns which ar having numeric data is no getting extracted. ???? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi For ODBC query from Excel files the workbook is data source. For table is used named range. It looks like some columns from your source table aren't included into this named range - check ra...

Receiving all mail in Outlook Exp, but not in Windows Live
I receive mail through a PC on Outlook Express. When I check my mail on my laptop through Windows Live I don't receive all my mail. It is not the same sender. One day I will receive mail from sender X on my laptop, and one day I wont. -- michele If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-...

Can't backup Outlook PST
I am using an iPaq PDA with ActiveSync but also have a program that backs up all my Outlook info. I get this message: ---- Message from "Outlook 98 and 2002" item : Problem : Cannot open a file "E:\My Documents\Outlook\outlook.pst". Reason : The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. [80070021] ---- Is there an easy way to close ActiveSync and Outlook, allow the backup to run, then reopen these two apps again? I am suspecting ActiveSync is the culprit. Ideas anyone? You're right, it's probably ActiveSync. Stop i...

Help: New Virus Affecting Outlook 2007
Hi all - I'm a bit frustrated right now. I have contracted a virus. Let me start this email by saying that I am a Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer; I know my way around a machine. I've also recovered from quite a few viruses in my life. This one is different. Secondly, please don't answer with the obvious, and please read the full email. Try to clear your mind of all known viruses and accept what I'm telling you is true. I'm asking you to please do that because as I've searched the web for a solution to this problem, I've seen a lot of would-be geek heroes...

Help with microsoft access template
Hi I have downloaded the free access 2003 classroom management database from the templates area of the Microsoft office site. But I have a problem, how to I add classes and assignments to students I am assuming that each student can have different classes in the database. I am assuming it requires data being added in either a form or table in the database. I am sorry for what will be a simple question but as you can guess I am somewhat challenged when it comes to databases. Best Regards John "John Luc" <websolutions@NOSPAMclara.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23BInJxFfHHA....

Outlook stealing mailbox data
I'm running outlook on a couple of machines, for some reason one of the outlooks is pulling all the data from the exchange mailbox and the other has no data. Where in outllok/mail settings do I adjust it so that all the mailbox data is held at the server and not deleted from the server? Also once I've done this I need to recover the mailbox, how would I go about doing this? There is no backup solution for exchange on our systems so its a case of recovering from the "fat" outlook. "Glass" <goldmercury0@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1123603497.812423....

Outlook Error #45
Dear all, Pls help me, after i install siemens hotsync my outlook error. "The add in "siemens quicksyncbutton.dll couldn't be installed or loaded......" What must i do ? I already reinstall the MS Office but the error still appear. Thank's for your help ...

How to change 'Address List Name' Property from a MailEnabled Public Folder?
I want to change the 'Address List Name' Property of my MailEnabled Public Folder from 'Same as folder name' to 'Use this name', but i found no Property or Method. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/ex2kwsh.mspx With the attached Script i can modify SMTP Adress and Alias, but not the Address List Name Entry for the Addressbook. Who can help? ' ------------ Dim strURLOpen Dim strURLItem Dim objMailRecipient Dim objConnection Dim objRecord Dim objFolder Const adModeReadWrite = 3 Const adOpenIfExists = &H2000000 Const adCreateC...

Outlook 2003 Mail Merge with Voting Buttons
I need to send mass communications to customers. Currently I use Outlook with a personal distribution list with voting buttons (non-customized email) or I use Word Mail Merge to send a custimized email without voting buttons. I would like to send customers a customized email with voting buttons (Complete or Not Complete)... How do i set this up? That's not possible. You can opt to use a web based poll system and send the link in your personalized messages via a Mail Merge. This add-in might also be interesting to you; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_easysurv...

Outlook NK2 File Location
Hello, By default the Outlook Profile.NK2 is crerated in the blow location: C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook Profile.NK2 My question is, is there a REG Key that would move this file from the Default location and move it to another location determined by me? Michael No. It is possible to repoint the folders and move all of the files to a new location but I'd be more inclined to run a script at logon or logoff and copy the NK2 for backup. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beg...

How do I transfer addresses and calendars from Palm to Outlook?
Or, how do I transfer data from my Palm (m515) pda to my new Dell Axim (x30) pda? Assuming it can be done, hopefully. Thanks; joe@meritcommercial.com ...

Is anyone from Microsoft listening??
I'm pretty sure I paid extra so that I could have the benefit of someone from Microsoft answering my posts. In my first 30 days of using this newsgroup, I have several questions unanswered, and I have not heard from anyone from MS. I know this is the "public" newsgroup, but it appears to be the only newsgroup available to me in CustomerSource. I have registered my e-mail address as an address that should be watched by MS. Anyone know the answer to this mystery? Cheers, Steve There is a private newsgroup on customersource. It is monitored by support personnel. "Ste...

Taste this internet update from the Microsoft
--jowssxokvo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jukqxrdabzx"; type="multipart/alternative" --jukqxrdabzx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ygcghhjyswr" --ygcghhjyswr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulner...

Two Outlook Users on XP
We just replaced our old computer with a new Dell. I loaded Office XP and transferred my Outlook 2002 email to the new computer. However, ever since we started using this new one, we are having trouble seeing the email on both "sides" of XP. When I log in, the email downloads to my side, but is not replicated on his side. When he logs in, all of the email downloads to his side and is not seen on my side. We have checked all of the set-up and settings, and have been looking through all support to try to find a clue. It worked before, so I am at a loss as to what the problem ...

Does microsoft have a template for 10-11 academic year calendar ?
There is a template for the 09-10 school year on Microsoft office online, but I need one for the 10-11 year. There is one 2010-2011 calendar, near the end of the list of 2009-2010 calendars. To go directly to its download page, click http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300084441033.aspx?CategoryID=CT102853591033. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Terrie wrote: > There is a template for the 09-10 school year on Microsoft offi...

syncronizing Outlook 2003 and Ms Exchange 2003
Hello, I'm going in Italy for few days but I need to constantly monitor my emails. I can connect to the internet through my Italian cell phone but the connection is very slow and quite expensive. Is it possible to download the emails on my laptop (I use Ms Outlook 2003 as email clients) instead of having to read/reply them while connected to the internet? Do you know how i should configure Ms Outlook 2003 to download copies of my emails from our MS Exchange 2003 server? And how I have to configure it to send emails? Or just suggest where to read tutorials or instruction...or whatever...

Is there an xml diff test function
Hi; I have a bunch of unit tests that generate xml files (WordML and SpreadsheetML) and then compare those to the "correct" file. This works great except that the java code I use to generate the xml (dom4j) differs from XmlTextWriter in that dom4j places a space at the end of <name atr='value' /> and XmlTextWriter has no space <name atr='value'/>. They are identical as xml but not as raw text. Is there some method I can use to compare xml? And I do need to be able to ignore 2 nodes that are different - they have the version of the software that cre...

Outlook Web Access #20
Is there a way to incorporate a spell checker into outlook web access? Yes, there are 3rd parties that offer this solution for Outlook Web Access under Exchange 5.5 and 2000. FWIW, I have used Messageware's PlusPak for Exchange 2000 and it is a very nice solution. http://www.messageware.com/) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "rwm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:051d01c3b9ec$077f4eb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to incorporate a spell checker into > ou...

Public Folders on Exchange 2003
We ran through the deployment tools and have linked a new Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 5.5 server. We used pfmigrate to create public folder replicas on our target server, the Exchange 2003 server. We have not yet run the command to remove the replicated public folders from our source server (Exchange 5.5 server). Is it true that we would only run this step once we are ready to decommission our Exchange 5.5 server? How do I verify that the folders actually exist on our Exchange 2003 server? The reason I ask is that we are doing backup of our Exchange 2003 server wi...

Attached file size (very) different on Outlook and OWA
I noticed that an attached zip file on an e-mail was - correctly - shown as 27 MB in Outlook, but in OWA it's size was said to be 36 MB. That's quite a difference I think. Can anyone explain it? Regards, Kim When you convert MAPI to MIME, it bloats about 30%. "Kim Stahnke" <kimstahnke@tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:uqPveopIGHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I noticed that an attached zip file on an e-mail was - correctly - shown as >27 MB in Outlook, but in OWA it's size was said to be 36 MB. > That's quite a difference I think. Can anyone ex...