Dialing Setup

I am using OL 2000 with XP Pro and am in the process of trying to set up my
contact list for phone calls. OL is putting a "1" in front of all my local
phone contacts making the number to call 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Can I make a global
change to get rid of the 1 or do I have to remove the 1 on each contact?

Will OL 2000 (or XP Pro) support the use of a voice modem? I'd like to use a
microphone to make hands free calls. Thanks.

0
nospam6 (3)

Remove the option to dial '1' in your modem dialing properties in the
Control panel.

"jane" <nospam@nothere.com> wrote in message
> I am using OL 2000 with XP Pro and am in the process of trying to set up
my
> contact list for phone calls. OL is putting a "1" in front of all my local
> phone contacts making the number to call 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Can I make a
global
> change to get rid of the 1 or do I have to remove the 1 on each contact?
>
> Will OL 2000 (or XP Pro) support the use of a voice modem? I'd like to use
> microphone to make hands free calls. Thanks.

0
Outlooktech (112)

Failed to install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server setup 09-16-03
Hi, When I try to setup CRM Server I get this error.I replicate the server when I start to install but then I get tis error. I don't setup on a DC.Do I have to setup it on a DC? Thanks in advance, Derda Derda, You should have received an error code as part of the message. Can you please provide that information. Matt "Derda" <safsar@luckyeye.com> wrote in message news:eQ5P6KFfDHA.988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hi, When I try to setup CRM Server I get this error.I replicate the server when I start to install but then I get tis error. I don't setup on a DC.Do I have ...

exchange & dial-up
I am receiving my mail on outlook through an exchange server when I am at work. I want to receive my mails when I am home through outlook also and to be saved to the same PST file. Which settings I should set into outlook? If anyone knows please help. Have you talked to your Exchange admin at work, if you have one? What do they have set up in your office for remote users? Perhaps you can use Outlook Web Access - or VPN to your network and use Outlook to connect directly to your Exchange mailbox. Why are you using a PST file for mail delivery when you have Exchange, btw? anonymous@disc...

Fixed Asset ID, account group and class setup
I am looking for input or best practices in setting up Fixed Assets. In particular, I am interested in hearing how any of you have used the the asset ID as a grouping mechanisim using the suffix as a differentiation. Is this a better method of grouping verses using the Master Asset ID? ...

Word page setup window is too large to select OK button
I'm using Microsoft office 2007 on a netbook computer. The screen is so small that the page setup window is too large to see the OK button at the bottom of the window. Can I resize the Setup window or move the window in some way in order to see the OK button? Or, is there a way to have a scroll bar show up on the window. Press Alt+spacebar, which opens a small menu in the top left corner of the dialog. Click the Move item or press M, which changes the cursor to a four-headed arrow. Use the up arrow key to move the dialog up until you can see the OK button, and press Enter t...

dialing from contacts
what do i need to do to use outlook to dial from my computer. I have set up my headset and it will dial out but nothing after the connection is made. I can hear them but they can't hear me. Do I need to install a different modem eg TAPI 3.1 and then what gateway number do I use. Or do I need to talk to my long distance provider or phone co for something on their end. ...

How setup an Outlook 'offline' startup password
Hello, How can I configure Outlook 2002 to prompt for a password upon startup when I am disconnected from my company's Exchange Server? When I am at a customer�s office I don�t want my Outlook to be wide open. I can use File | Data File Management | Settings | Change Password to set a password for Archive files (Archive.pst) and Personal files (Personal.pst) on my notebook. But the most critical file I have on the notebook is the �Offline File� (Outlook.ost) that is a copy of my information from the Exchange server. This is where the bulk of the Contacts, Tasks, Calendars, etc. reside whe...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

Automatic Outlook 2003 setup
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro. When our users login for the first time, and open up MS Outlook 2003 it asked them to set-up Outlook with a server name etc... This means that our users are ringing the helpdesk every time this happens. Does anyone know if I can automate this set-up ? Mick Microsoft uses text files with a .prf extension and a highly structured = format to provide information to OUtlook that enables Outlook to create = or modify a mail profile. You can create such .prf files with the Custom = Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard tools in the Offi...

Integration Manager empty Inventory Offset Posting Account Setup
Dear Support: We are using the Integration Manager importing into a Inventory Transaction from a Source file. However, are forced to enter a Inventory Offset Account into the Tools >> Setup >> Posting >> Posting Account. Without it the error is given: 'The Inventory Offset posting account is missing for Item number 000000'. The source file has an offset account, but it is actually only "missing" from the Posting Account setup. Therefore, we would like to suggest that this restriction is removed. The reason for this is: We do not want anything account ...

OWA setup #2
I am new to exchange, and I have sbs server 2003 setup on a single server and it running OK. I would like to setup up OWA. What is the best course of action I should take? What KB articles are recommend? Thanks AMD MCSE, CCNA I suggest you post this to an SBS newsgroup as this product has Exchange packaged somewhat differently. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "AMD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:411c01c42b26$3eb18730$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am new to exchange, and I have sbs server 2...

Print setup, how to....
I'm not sure what this would be called and can't find out how to... I often print things with a .4 margin all sides and use draft... setting it up in print set up each time is a waste of time is there a way to set something up with those settings and use that each time? is that a template? Yes, that's a template. Create a new template (a .dot(m) file) (how to do it depends on your version of Word), format the margins etc. as you want them, and save it. On Mar 8, 12:18=A0pm, Wednesday <Wednes...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm not sure what thi...

Dial up
here at work we have three computers networked together. The other two networks dial onto the internet through my computer (server) Lately, the computer is always dialing up. We have to pay for online time. How can I easily fine the program that keeps doing this???? Kathy this newsgroup is for the purpose of discussions around a software package called Microsoft CRM. Try posting to a group more focused around operating systems such as microsoft.public.windowsxp where you will be able to get more focused help "Kathy" <aitkinhdwds@emily.net> wrote in message news:0bbe01c...

How2 Disable Outlook 2k setup wizard?
We have to install images to pc's often and when we do the new user always has to deal with the Outlook 2000 setup wizard. Is there no way to have this happen automatically? Thank you. ...

Coupon Tender Type setup?
How can I setup a coupon tender type to discount a purchase 10% off the entire purchase? I found article ID 869896 Creating a Transaction Discount Using a Macro in Store Operations which achieves our objective. No further help is need on this post Thanks. "LarryW" wrote: > How can I setup a coupon tender type to discount a purchase 10% off the > entire purchase? > ...

Dial UP
I have 2 store running RMS v1.3 and HQ. I have permanently lost high-speed internet at one location. Can I run HQ client using a Dial-Up conection? Also, what other solution(s) may be more effective? Thanks Hi Steve, I do believe that it is possible to run HQ client using Dial-up since the minimum bandwith required is somewhere around 56Kbps. I would suggest that you download the free version of Hamachi from www.logmein.com to ensure that the IP addresses remain constant. Best of luck. Regards, Don "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9...

how to import msn dial up address book to outlook?
I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. chriszilla <chriszilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to > get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. In what program do you find the MSN dial-up address book? -- Brian Tillman ...

Document setup alternating pages
How to set up one document with legal and letter pages alternating? I'm using Publisher 2003 and wish the first page to be on letter paper, the second on legal etc. Jacques wrote: > How to set up one document with legal and letter pages alternating? > I'm using Publisher 2003 and wish the first page to be on letter > paper, the second on legal etc. This is not an option. You would need to setup a second publication for the other paper size. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrant...

setup data for Snapshot Exports
When I export a Access Report to a Snapshot file, the page settings do to follow to the Snapshot file (.snp). When I open the Snapshot file the page settings (landscape vs portrait, legal vs letter, etc) are always portrait and letter. Opening the access report reveals the settings as I left them (landscape and legal) and print out fine in Access. I am using Access 2003. Robert ...

Analog Black Dial
Price:$95.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001J186UK Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001J186UK Sparkle and shine. Stark black dial is set in a light silver tone case and contour bracelet with clear crystal accents. Pair with your favorite evening ensemble and wear it out on-the-town. Folding clasp33mm3-hand quartz analog movementWater resistant up to 5 ATM11-year limited warrantyImported SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Super Mario Galaxy:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000FQ9QVI ACCESSORIES: Chronograph Grey Dial:http://bestdeallocator.info/...

Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch Recommendation Discount Watches
Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch Recommendation Discount Watches Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch Site: http://bulova-watches.pxhelp.com/Bulova-wristwatch-910.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Quality Bulova Watches: http://bulova-watches.pxhelp.com/ Bulova 98W12 Diamond Series Mother of Pearl Dial Women's Watch AdditionalInfo : Watches Brand : Bulova Watches ( http://bulova-watches.pxhelp.com/ ) Gender : Ladies Model : bulova-watch-98W12 Also Called : Case Material : Two-tone ...

Dialing Setup
I am using OL 2000 with XP Pro and am in the process of trying to set up my contact list for phone calls. OL is putting a "1" in front of all my local phone contacts making the number to call 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Can I make a global change to get rid of the 1 or do I have to remove the 1 on each contact? Will OL 2000 (or XP Pro) support the use of a voice modem? I'd like to use a microphone to make hands free calls. Thanks. Remove the option to dial '1' in your modem dialing properties in the Control panel. "jane" <nospam@nothere.com> wrote in message new...

microsoft office setup assistant
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) after I install the office home and student edition I can not run my office.When I open my office, the microsoft setup assiatant always appear and ask me for update. Even after update and I try to open my office but this appear again. Please help me.... On 4/6/09 7:30 PM, "zenny_pham@officeformac.com" <zenny_pham@officeformac.com> wrote: > after I install the office home and student edition I can not run my > office.When I open my office, the microsoft setup assiatant always appear and > ask me for update. &l...

Branch Office Setup
Hi all, I need to install a TS box at a client's remote office to allow several remote users to access their 'virtual' desktops. The main office has a SBS 2003 R2 box. This is where I intend to install the TS box. Several users will be relocated at a new remote office and will need to access accounting software (Sage Line 50) installed on the SBS at the main office. They also need access to docs, spreadsheets, pdf's etc. These will need to be printed to a local printer at the remote office. My thoughts are to install the TS box and also establish a site to site...

Outlook 2007 email setup
My ISP is COX. I am currently using windows mail for email. I just purchased outlook 2007 and can't get it to connect with COX. I called COX and they tell me that Microsoft would need to tell me how to set this up. I want to use outlook to sync with my phone. Anyone experienced and solved this issue? -- Jack W. Sellers Start here: http://support.cox.com/sdcxuser/asp/cox_welcome.asp "Jack Sellers" <JackSellers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20BBDA2E-923B-46E1-A19B-F0C0C91F3D96@microsoft.com... > My ISP is COX. I am currently using windows mail fo...