dialing from contacts

what do i need to do to use outlook to dial from my
computer.  I have set up my headset and it will dial out
but nothing after the connection is made.  I can hear them
but they can't hear me.  Do I need to install a different
modem eg TAPI 3.1 and then what gateway number do I use.
Or do I need to talk to my long distance provider or phone
co for something on their end.

mail enabled contact question
Exchange server 2003 all pached and updated - Our company owns another company - we are company1.com they are company2.com here at company1.com we have a sales@company1.com which is just an "alias" and goes directly to bosses email which is boss@company1.com Now he would like to have a similar setup with the other company - sales@company2.com and he wants this to show up in his boss@company1.com mailbox. I created a contact in AD (sales) and set the smtp address to boss@company1.com but it does not work. I send mail to sales@company2.com and get a bounce messag...

Outlook Express contact groups
I have a number of groups set up in OE, and I can't find a way to import them into Outlook 2007. I can import my contacts, but in Outlook they appear to be one flat file - all my groups are gone. Is there any way to import OE group associations? Thanks, Dean No. Outlook uses distribution lists which are different than groups in OE. 90% of the time groups in OE will not be converted to DL's in Outlook. -- Russ Valentine "DPM" <dm@junk.com> wrote in message news:eJt0gwx4KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a number of groups set up in OE,...

Syncronising contacts by relationship type
Hi all. I am using CRM 4 with the outlook client. My contacts syncronise perfectly however I also want to see all the contacts for our partners (which are created by another user). I tried to setup the data group options in the CRM add-in in outlook but the contact will not replicate. Please could someone advise how I setup this data group. Basically I need all accounts and contacts that are marked as the relationship type "partner" Thanks Paul -- Posted by NewsLook (Trial Licence) from http://www.ghytred.com/NewsLook/about.aspx ...

exchange & dial-up
I am receiving my mail on outlook through an exchange server when I am at work. I want to receive my mails when I am home through outlook also and to be saved to the same PST file. Which settings I should set into outlook? If anyone knows please help. Have you talked to your Exchange admin at work, if you have one? What do they have set up in your office for remote users? Perhaps you can use Outlook Web Access - or VPN to your network and use Outlook to connect directly to your Exchange mailbox. Why are you using a PST file for mail delivery when you have Exchange, btw? anonymous@disc...

dialing from contacts
what do i need to do to use outlook to dial from my computer. I have set up my headset and it will dial out but nothing after the connection is made. I can hear them but they can't hear me. Do I need to install a different modem eg TAPI 3.1 and then what gateway number do I use. Or do I need to talk to my long distance provider or phone co for something on their end. ...

Two (2) Contacts
Hello, Here is my problem. When I use Outlook 2003 and I click o TO it says the contact list can not be opened. The file associated...... I click on OKAY and the window Select Names opens. I go to the item box "Show Names from the:: and there are two (2) Contacts. The first one has NO names in it and the second has ALL my contacts. I would like to DELETE the first Contacts. Any ideas? RWestman@Cox.Net Thanks ahead of time, Ron Tools | E-mail Accounts | View or Change Address Books (or something like that). Edit the Outlook Address book and remove the one you don't want...

Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager Error Message when opening
Hello, I use Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager and am running Vista 64x. Each time I open BCM and/or try to navigate to it, I get the error message: "Business Contact Manager for Outlook could not complete your last action(s). Please try again." I have 1 contact database set up in BCM and the rest of my contact databases are in my Outlook address book. Once I close the error message, I am able to do what I need, but it happens again when I try to get back to BCM Home. It drives me crazy! Can anyone tell me how to fix this so I can use the feature? Thanks! "finn&...

Contacts Folder
Hi, I am using Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002. "Automatically Put People I Reply To In my Contacts Folder" check box is missing. How to enable this option. -- Best Regards, Feroz Shaikh This is no longer available for versions above Outlook 2000. "Feroz Shaikh" <feroz@maximizelearning.com> wrote in message news:OcIdnS3SDHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I am using Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002. "Automatically Put People I > Reply To In my Contacts Folder" check box is missing. How to enable this > option. > -- > Best Rega...

Search in Contacts
Under Workplace->Customers->Contacts view search for a specific contact through "Find" is very slow on our system. Looking at the query level, I've found that it is a little overkill, which has many fields in the criteria "OR"ed together, each doing a "LIKE" comparison with a wildcard character in the source string. It is comparing the source, most likely a substring of a name, with StateCode, MiddleName, FullName, EMailAddress1, ParentCustomerIdName, and Address1_City. I would like to know whether I can customize this search feature to compare against...

Outlook 2000 Contacts Email Address Sorts BY First Name Not Last Name
When I open my Contacts to send an email it sorts by first name not last name. How can I change the sort so it displays contacts by last name? Thanks, Mike ...

custom filtering/migration of .msg file contact data to .vcf format
I need a way to filter and process incoming sales contact data (name, addres, phone, etc) within incoming .msg files (sample .msg message body below) and append directly to my Outlook Contacts file (.vcf output) for future use. I receive this info from web queries emailed to me, and I'm looking for a way to automatically process every message contact in a format below - the volume of email could be very large, so it needs to be automatically executed by an outlook rule (I can setup a rule to apply only to these emails, based on the subject text, which can be assumed to be unique). I'...

Dial up
here at work we have three computers networked together. The other two networks dial onto the internet through my computer (server) Lately, the computer is always dialing up. We have to pay for online time. How can I easily fine the program that keeps doing this???? Kathy this newsgroup is for the purpose of discussions around a software package called Microsoft CRM. Try posting to a group more focused around operating systems such as microsoft.public.windowsxp where you will be able to get more focused help "Kathy" <aitkinhdwds@emily.net> wrote in message news:0bbe01c...

Cannot open or create Contact from SFO
I just installed CRM and configured my first user When I tried to create or open a Contact through the Contacts CRM Folder in Outlook, a message appears saying "An error has ocurred, contact your system administrator". I went to the event log and this was registered: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 10/26/2004 Time: 11:36:06 AM User: N/A Computer: DFCUSW41101JG Description: MSCRM Application Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An ...

Selecting contacts from an account
Hello ... I have a client that is faced with an issue that is stoping some of his staff from switching from Goldmine to MS-CRM. The staff that have not moved over to MS-CRM yet have not moved over because of the following ... In Goldmine this staff go to their Inbox and will see emails received from customers (i.e., Accounts) over night. They will hit the FORWARD button in order to respond to an email. After they hit forward, Goldmine will let them select additional contacts to send the email to and will filter the list of contacts they can see by customer name (i.e., Account). In ...

Favorites in Contacts
I never made a Favorites Category in my Contact list. Today I saw a category named Favorites. In front of it is an icon that looks like messenger icon. I went into contacts, but can not find a way to delete the Favorite Category. I saw , I can make a new Category, delete contacts, but no way to delete the Category. Also when there is a newsgroup post under recovered. I delete them. Is there a place that windows stores them, even though I delete them?? Thanks in advance. Apologize for 2 questions in one post!!! Doug This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---...

moving contacts to a new computer
How do I move the contacts and calendar information to a new computer? This is in Office Pro 2003. I moved all my old folders and mail to the new laptop but I cannot figure out how to move the contacts, calender, or ruler. Thanks Byron Not sure what you mean because all Outlook data is in the same file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandresto...

how do I export contacts from incredimail to hotmail
I use incredimail which holds all my contacts. How can I download them to another programme ie outlook address book You may find this article of interest How do I import from ??? in Outlook http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185 Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010" http://www.contactgenie.com "Incredimail contacts to outlook" <Incredimai...

linked contacts
Hi There !!! Maybe the answer is already in the group but with my poor english I haven't found it... :-( Outlook 2003 standalone and/or Outlook 2000+Exchange 2000 new contact, name: C1, save and close new contact, name: C2, save and close open C1, press button "Contacts...", add C2, save and close open C2, in "Contacts..." textbox appears C1, all right ! open C1, remove C2 from "Contacts..." textbox, save and close Finally the question(s): - why C1 is still visible in C2's "Contacts..." textbox ? - usually have it to go away ? - a customer of...

how to import msn dial up address book to outlook?
I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. chriszilla <chriszilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to > get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. In what program do you find the MSN dial-up address book? -- Brian Tillman ...

Contact sorting
I'm using Outlook 2007 and the very first entry in my Contact list starts with the @ character. The 'last name' for the Contact in question is ... @backup. If I click on 'a' on the right list of the alphabet tabs to quickly go to that contact, it never displays. I am always forced to scroll up. If I click on '123' it does not display. What don't I understand? Thanks, Dave Horne I should add that the contact in question always appears when I _first_ open Contacts. It just never apears if I use the alphabet tabs on the right. Thanks,...

Dial UP
I have 2 store running RMS v1.3 and HQ. I have permanently lost high-speed internet at one location. Can I run HQ client using a Dial-Up conection? Also, what other solution(s) may be more effective? Thanks Hi Steve, I do believe that it is possible to run HQ client using Dial-up since the minimum bandwith required is somewhere around 56Kbps. I would suggest that you download the free version of Hamachi from www.logmein.com to ensure that the IP addresses remain constant. Best of luck. Regards, Don "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9...

Best way to create appointment for 2 computer... Task, Contacts and Notes as well
I have a home PC and a office computer. Both uses Outlook but with different userids. I want to create appointments on both computers. I've tried "Invite Attendee" but it's too troublesome for every appointment. I have the same requirement for Task, Contact and Notes. I wonder if any has any idea what is the easiest way to achieve my requirements. Thanks very much. Either invite the other email address, forward the items after you create them or copy the pst file back and forth. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Out...

SFO Contact sync w/ Outlook Contact Categories
In MS Outlook, and single Contact may be associated with several Categories (the "Categories" button along the bottom right of a standard Outlook contact form). If a Contact has several Categories listed, how do these category values map into CRM when they are imported? Because of the present architecture of CRM, it would seem that there is a series of boolean fields (yes or no) since a CRM pick list can hold only one value. If we decide to continue to use our client's categories for Contacts, can I control the mapping from Outlook to CRM so that all the Outlook categori...

Analog Black Dial
Price:$95.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001J186UK Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001J186UK Sparkle and shine. Stark black dial is set in a light silver tone case and contour bracelet with clear crystal accents. Pair with your favorite evening ensemble and wear it out on-the-town. Folding clasp33mm3-hand quartz analog movementWater resistant up to 5 ATM11-year limited warrantyImported SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Super Mario Galaxy:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000FQ9QVI ACCESSORIES: Chronograph Grey Dial:http://bestdeallocator.info/...

Mail Enabled Contacts as Distro List Members
I have a bunch of mail enabled contacts for people at other domains not controlled by me (hotmail, yahoo, etc.) Here is what i need but can't seem to get working: - johndoe@hotmail needs johndoe@mydomain.com forwarded to johndoe@hotmail - johndoe@mydomain.com needs to be a member of the sales@mydomain.com distro list. I used to be able to do this in 5.5 with custom reciepients. I am now running ex2003sp1 on a win2k3server in a native 2k3 domain. Any help would be great, -james Did you try setting it up this way? 1) Create a mail enabled contact record (johndoe@hotmail) 2) Create...