dial phone from outlook

Hello,

I wish to dial my phone through Outlook. I am able to dial, but once
the phone starts ringing, I can not hear it on my pc. If I pick up the
other phone extension, I can hear the call and it works, but I want to
talk and listen to the call through my pc. Anybody have any ideas?

0
shawn6230 (12)

Not sure what else you expected, but that's the expected behavior. It has
nothing to do with Outlook. Outlook just invokes the Windows dialer. All the
Windows dialer does is dial phone numbers. It knows nothing about voice
modems.
Apparently you are looking for a product that supports voice modems. If you
have a voice modem, it should have come with such a product.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<shawn@phatspot.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I wish to dial my phone through Outlook. I am able to dial, but once
> the phone starts ringing, I can not hear it on my pc. If I pick up the
> other phone extension, I can hear the call and it works, but I want to
> talk and listen to the call through my pc. Anybody have any ideas?

0
russval1 (2100)
9/5/2006 9:01:19 PM
assuming you have a modem that supports speakerphone, the dialer doesn't
support speakerphone unless you use windows xp, in which case it will with
some but not all speakerphones.

<shawn@phatspot.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I wish to dial my phone through Outlook. I am able to dial, but once
> the phone starts ringing, I can not hear it on my pc. If I pick up the
> other phone extension, I can hear the call and it works, but I want to
> talk and listen to the call through my pc. Anybody have any ideas?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

How to check who you have shared your Outlook Calendar with.
Once you have shared your calendar with various people, how are you able to check who you have shared your calendar with. Is there a method for doing this? How do you then unshare a calendar? How did you share it? If you use exchange, right click on the folder and look at properties, permissions tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exc...

Sharing Outlook 2003 #2
I have 3 PC's on my home network. Can I use the same pst file on all 3 machines? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: || I have 3 PC's on my home network. Can I use the same pst || file on all 3 machines? You can. BUT - this is NOT supported by Microsoft. So make sure you take regular, frequent backups of the pst file. Move the pst file to a shared area and just point all instances of Outlook at it. Note: - you can only access the file with one instance of Outlook at any one time. if you wish to access from a different machine to the current one, you MUST close outlook on...

How do I start outlook offline ? its not started at all
I recently setup MS Office 2003, when I started OUTLOOK it searches for Microsoft exchange server and nothing found so it didn't start at all, I need to use the OUTLOOK only in offline mode .. How could I start the application ? If you mean start Outlook in offline mode against an Exchange server then you cannot the first tie as it has to connect to Exchange, did you mean something else! "Fouad Talaat" <Fouad Talaat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13479A65-67C7-41D3-9CF6-04A7F1B4ADD3@microsoft.com... >I recently setup MS Office 2003, when I started...

Auto-archiving Outlook vs Exchange
When running Outlook in cached mode, does the Outlook Auto-Archive remove the messages from the server's message store? For example, if I auto archive on my workstation, wil those messages still be available in OWA? If it does, any recomendations on how I can keep the messages in the server? Right now we have 1 SBS server with Exchange but itis planned to be replaced with a dedicated Enterprise version. Marten Archiving to a mailbox folder would be a complete waste of time. (Actually I think Outlook archiving is a waste of time in any form, but whatever toots your whistle.) You sho...

Backup BCM database in Outlook 2003 w/BCM
I have a user who will be using the Business Contact Manager in Outlook 2003. I se the built-in method of backing up the database, but is there a way to allow me to do unattended backups of it or if the PC is off? If I could store the database on the server (SBS2003) that would be great. Alternatively I'm looking for some other options to automate it as much as possible so there is no or minimal user interaction, or at worst, something launched just before leaving for the day that stores it on the server. If this isn't the right place, please point me to the right place. Thank...

Outlook 2003 folder fonts on Vista
I did a clean install of Office 2003 on my new clean install of Vista Ultimate. When I first startup Outlook 2003 everything is fine but at some point the font size in the mail folder list becomes larger and the letters are too close together with the longer names sometimes cutoff at the end. When I restart Outlook it goes back to normal and then at some point the fonts get larger again. Anything I can do? What video card are you using? I have heard of some strangeness with = Matrox cards among others. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the dis...

Outlook 2003
I have a third party html broadcast editor. I am able to send an html email out to hotmail, yahoo, etc. and the html is shown correctly and display in the body of the email. However, when I send it to myself at work (Outlook 2003), it doesn't show up in the body of the email, it shows up as an attachment (untitled attachment), which i then have to double-click to open and then in that email body, the html is displayed properly... yahoo and hotmail display everything fine but not our internal network... running exch 5.5 btw. any ideas or suggestions? ...

Import Outlook 2003 into 2000
Would importing an Outlook 2003 pst file into Outlook 2000 cause any problem to either the program or the data? If this PST file was created in Outlook 2003, it will not be compatible with earlier versions (i.e., won't cause any damage, but won't be able to be opened or imported). To transfer data from Outlook 2003 to earlier versions you would first have to create an "Outlook 97-2002" PST file (New > Outlook Data file...) in Outlook 2003 and copy the data into it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gail S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Microwsoft outlook default email sending phantom messages
When I open Microwsoft Outlook it indicates it is sending 1 of 1 email however there is no email in outbox how do I clear this? What version of Outlook are you using? Have you looked at this article? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Escotia" <Escotia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCCABECD-C7FB-4498-AB3E-F...

Outlook 2003 setup; Calender transfered but can't get contacts
Help. Have tried everything I could think of and find in the help files. New Machine: Outlook 2003 Old Machine: Outlook 2000 Copied .pst file to Zip disk Put zip in new machine and tried importing. The calender came across OK - Actually ended up with two identical One called "Calender", the other "calender in personal folders: I Only need one of these. Contacts: After numerous tries, I deleted all contacts on new machine, created one phony entry, and tried importing again. As before, the sub-folders show up, but even after checking each on...

Unofficial Phone, ,the most cheap mobile phones from china ,30 kinds today
Unofficial Phone, ,the most cheap mobile phones from china ,30 kinds today http://www.unofficialphone.cn/2008/11/android-phone-cottage-sciphone-dream-g2.html http://www.unofficialphone.cn/2008/11/unofficial-phone.html http://www.unofficialphone.cn/2008/11/amanilan.html http://www.unofficialphone.cn/2008/11/6191-pairs-of-mastercard-networks.html http://www.unofficialphone.cn/2008/11/absolute-all-round-champion-sanq-g28.html http://www.unofficialphone.cn/2008/11/taiwan-friends-of-walled-g-plus-ct680.html http://www.unofficialphone.cn/2008/11/hong-tianlei-zhensi-zh989-bone-nerve.html http://www...

imported calendar file, now Outlook not responding
I imported a calendar file (in Personal Folder File (.pst) format), and Outlook "froze up" while importing the file. Now I am unable to use Outlook becuase it opens then becomes "Not Responding." When I send the error report to Windows I get some message about WinFax Pro conflicting with Outlook. However I had opened and used Outlook many times before importing the calendar and got no message about WinFax Pro or freeze up problems (and I don't think I own WinFax Pro--though I do have Norton). I would be happy to "purge" the calendar if I could--but I tr...

Outlook Web Access #58
At work, I have Outlook 2003 installed but we access our mail through "Office Outlook Web Access". Is there any way to access this account using Outlook 2003? Ask the folks that run the Exchange server if they allow/permit RPC over HTTPS connections. If they answer yes, then Outlook 2003/2007 can connect to an Exchange 2003/2007 server over the internet using the HTTPS protocol. "BobbyM" <masseybNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:B0D4E424-0D52-4BC9-9187-F847C3D521D2@microsoft.com... > At work, I have Outlook 2003 installed but we access our mail ...

Outlook breaking up emails into parts
Hi, Outlook has broken up an email into 6 parts and won't put them back together again. Does anyone know how I can do this manually? Thanks, Jignesh. Hi - Outlook, or Outlook Express? The former doesn't do this by itself. If you're using OE, post in an OE group for best results. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE f...

Outlook Worm?
Outlook Express will not open past showing my folders and address book on the left and a blank area where my inbox should be. Eventually it times out and gives me an error message. szAppName : msimn.exe szAppVer : 6.0.2900.2180 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000 C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER80df.dir00 \msimn.exe.mdmp C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER80df.dir00 \appcompat.txt Can anyone help? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group suppo...

Crash of Outlook 2003 since Installation of IE7
Hi, Since the Installation of IE7 my Outlook 2003 crashes when i want to answer a email. It close and will restart the application.. When i set to Only-Text Email it works. Any Ideas? Regards, Guy <one@1972.ch> wrote: > Since the Installation of IE7 my Outlook 2003 crashes when i want to > answer a email. It close and will restart the application.. When i > set to Only-Text Email it works. Uninstall IE7. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook toolbars
I recently installed Norton AntiSpam which, of course, added a toolbar to Microsoft Outlook 2000. In an effort to get both the Standard Microsoft Outlook toolbar and the AntiSpam toolbar to appear on the same row, I removed several buttons I wasn't using from the Outlook toolbar and moved the AntiSpam toolbar up to the same row. However, each time I brought Outlook back up again, I had to manually move the AntiSpam toolbar up to the same row. I was never able to figure out a way to save this change I wanted so that every time I brought up Outlook both toolbars appeared on the sam...

outlook express #122
I can't delete email from the inbox? Does anyone have any answers to this? "Colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048a01c3dae3$21e5de50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I can't delete email from the inbox? Does anyone have any > answers to this? Your Inbox is corrupted. Move any mails you want to keep into a folder you have created. Close OE. delete Inbox.dbx. Restart OE. BTW, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar...

Outlook '02 not leaving messages on server when told to
Outlook will not save the settings that tell it to leave the messages on the server. When I choose this option it works until I close outlook. When I have reopened outlook and go to the settings location to leave messages on server, it is not chosen. I have chosen this setting before and it was working. I have had problems with this on one of my computers for quite some time, but only noticed it on this one since SP2 was installed. I have applied the setting and said OK to each possible menu when exiting from this option menu. I have tried exiting outlook from the file menu, rather tha...

Outlook and ODMA?
Does anyone know if Outlook (any version) is ODMA compliant? Thanks for any input! Greg ...

Outlook 2002 sends blank body emails #2
Hi All, I've been having this problem on and off for a couple of months. The frustrating thing about it that it only happens on a few emails and I don't seem to be able to replicate the issue on demand. Problem. When sending and replying to an email the body of the email is sent blank. It is sent thru to the recipient as blank and also appears in my sent items as blank. I send my emails as HTML through an exchange server. I'm using Outlook 2002 SP-2 (10.4712.4219) and Windows 2000 Professional. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regard gibby157 ...

HD crashed/Outlook 2002 backed up through system tools-can't resto
Having little notice that my hard drive was going, I plugged in an Iomega external HD and went to System Tools..Backup. I backed up 4 gigs of data. New hard drive, Windows XP Pro loaded, etc., I went to Restore, and restored 4 gigs of data. Outlook 2002 files were there, 760 MBs, because I saw them moving through the Restore process, but I can't find them on my computer. Can anyone help? I'm desperate to recoop my Inbox, Contacts and Notes. -- j joanie <joanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Having little notice that my hard drive was going, I plugged in an >...

Is it possible to open popup with contact information when phone r
Microsoft has partnered with Avaya on something like this. You would need to have an Avaya VoIP phone setup. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "komal" <komal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B1C259-59E5-42B5-B2ED-CBB6208DAFD1@microsoft.com... > ...

Sooo frusterated w/ Outlook & Hotmail- Pls help!
I've been having problems receiving my hotmail email in Outlook for about the last month. When I first got my new computer in March, I set up Outlook w/ the Hotmail Outlook Connector and had NO problems. Recently I started receiving completely blank emails- no subject, to, from, empty body, etc. If I accessed my hotmail online the message appeared perfectly. I searched for solutions but nothing I found worked. I tried the new beta outlook connector to no avail. In fact, that made matters worse as outlook gave me an error message & I could no longer open the folders ...

outlook .pst issue
I have a sbs client who has an archive .pst file. I restored the file however when you look at the emails in outlook some of the folders do not show emails where they should. I ran scanpst.exe but that found and fixed errors but it still did not fix the problem. Any ideas? Joel Z <nowhere@nowhere.com> wrote: > I have a sbs client who has an archive .pst file. I restored the file > however when you look at the emails in outlook some of the folders do > not show emails where they should. > > I ran scanpst.exe but that found and fixed errors but it s...