Diagnostics for broken Outlook 2002

A computer with Outlook has come our way,
and outlook will sometimes send messages and
sometimes it wont sent messages.

I know with Linux, this kind of problem is
very fixable.  I would just take a look at the logs,
find the problem and fix it.

How do I do this with Outlook, as the owner of
the computer has gotten himself attached to it?

I am going to relay the outlook mail through a Debian
server to get some kind of info on the problem,
but this might not be enough.  How do I get
to the Outlook logs?

0
TOM1847 (13)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300479/en-us
--
Brian Tillman
0

Is this a known problem?

tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote:

> The log files show everything is working fine.

If the log shows the message has been accepted by the server then obviously
there is no problem in Outlook.  The server is screwing up.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16054)

gp 8, ms project server 2002, sharepoint server 2003
Can these all be installed on the same server? Project server 2002 and SP2003 can (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840701). Does GP8 ruin the mix? Pl. advise. Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_D682CC7A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I would appreciate your patience while I am having tech expert look into this issue. Thanks for using MSDN Managed Newsgroup. Vikrant Dalwale Microsoft SQL Server Support Professional Microsoft highly recommends to all of our customers that they visit the http://www.microsoft.com/protect site and perf...

Outlook and dial up window
When I open Outlook 2000 in XP a dial up window is also sometimes displayed. This appears to be quite random. Where is the control switch located/ ...

Automatic cached mode in outlook 2003
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to setup cached mode in outlook 2003 automatically for every user who logs into Outlook. Instead of using the manual setup on the client itself, is there a way to do it, so that every user is using cached mode automatically? thanks! In news:2BE42A3A-65FC-453C-BFB1-15565B69118F@microsoft.com, needlittlehelpwithSMS <needlittlehelpwithSMS@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to setup cached mode in outlook > 2003 automatically for every user who logs into Outlook. > > Instead of using the manual set...

Outlook -word
I have this problem: When I want to reply a message my outlook 2002 normally turn on word as edit-program (as I have set up). This funktion has worked normally since I got this program. Suddenly today this will not work. When I tried to reply a message outlook is unable to start word. Can anyone tell me whats wrong? I am able to use the reply-buttom when I turn off word as editing- program. Would be thankful for any answer! ...

como configurar o outlook
Boa noite a toda a gente. gostaria que me explicassem como posso configurar a minha conta outlook agradeço que me possam ajudar. passem uma boa noite "Antonio" <Antonio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C6B7017-7DDC-46A1-986A-0529D2BA147E@microsoft.com... > Boa noite a toda a gente. > gostaria que me explicassem como posso configurar a minha conta outlook > agradeço que me possam ajudar. > passem uma boa noite Ask in the newsgrop microsoft.public.pt.outlook, the newsgroup for those who speak Portuguese. Your mail ser...

Spell Check Does Not Work IN Outlook
Spell check will not work in Outlook, yet works fine in Word. Why would this happen and how can I fix it? ...

How to edit a post in outlook 2007?
I used to create a post with Ctrl,Shift,S, and then I can edit it any time I like. After upgarding to 2007, I found post can be created, but can only be editted when creating it. When trying to add something new in my old post, I can only select but edit. Is this a new feature of OL 2007. If so, is there is any option I can configure to disable this? Open the Post then click on Other Actions then Revise Contents. -- Bill R MVP "Shawn" <Shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C3D961-EF14-4685-9204-143978166A0A@microsoft.com... >I used to create a p...

Outlook REPLY-original messages partially lost #2
--------------7783BE43DDA99638B1646C80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When replying to an email, the sender's portion gets lost... Sequence of events: I send a msg to correspondant. Correspondant replies I get reply. It contains both her msg and my original message. I press reply. The msg displayed for me to reply contains my original message, but NOT Correspondant's reply. What is happenning and how can be fixed? Leo --------------7783BE43DDA99638B1646C80 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!d...

Outlook response time
I have Outlook 2003 SP3. Lately the time it takes to create a new message (using MS Word as the editor) it can take 2 - 5 minutes for the blank form to appear. The 2 - 5 minute wait also happens when attempting to reply to a message. I check properties of the PC, and the processor(s) are running 100%. This could be the only program open, or one of two or three, with the same results. Any ideas to make this go away, besides a new PC? Check the Processes tab in Task Manager to see what is using 100% CPU. Gaffer wrote: > I have Outlook 2003 SP3. Lately the time it takes to cr...

Diagnostics Logging
Some email to some domains can't be delivered showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host" What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this? THanks also, where does it log too be default? "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uxUhWt9eEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Some email to some domains can't be delivered > showing as "The connection was dropped by the remote host" > > What type of logging should I enable to troubleshoot this? > > THanks > > ...

Removing Outlook Express ?
If I remove Outlook Express will I be able to download it off Internet at no charge? OE came with my Microsoft Office XP and MS Office XP came already loaded on my laptop. No software program was sent to re-load Office XP. I ask because I am at my wits end on what I think is trouble with O. Express e-mail. People tell me the only way to straighten out OE is to 'start over' - remove settings, etc. caci try posting your *problem* with OE to an Outlook Express News Group and see if it can be resolved. "caci" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Outlook 2007 setup
I have used the Outlook connector Addin to configure Outlook 2007 which was installed with Office 2007 professional. Would like to use it as my default email client instead of my MSN hotmail service. I can open Outlook, but it does not have my contacts and inbox info from my MSN service. Any suggestions Thanks "Alex. O. Koranteng" <AlexK@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:167FCF3A-95AE-41A6-96A6-84F2DAFF9F07@microsoft.com... >I have used the Outlook connector Addin to configure Outlook 2007 which was > installed with Office 2007 professional. Would like to us...

Does anyone know how to create an Outlook Custom form to setup how meeting rooms are booked for clients?
We run an Exchange 2003 system, with clients that are either Outlook 2002 or 2003. Some have found a problem with meeting rooms bookings (via Outlook calendars) being doubled booked due to the fact that by default, when you configure an all day meeting the time is set as 'free' not 'busy' and other users are able to create appointments over the top. Management have asked me to prevent this from happening again, and through my research I believe that you can use custom outlook forms published in the Organizational Forms Library to accomplish this. I have followed all the proced...

Outlook Template with Input Boxes
I need to create an Outlook e-mail template and have a few input boxes prompt for information. The template structure is complete but I want to have a few input boxes to pop up because I have to enter the same information a few times in the form. Thanks Good luck. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jeff.dale@gmail.com asked: | I need to create an Outlook e-mail template and have a few input boxes | prompt for info...

shortcuts in the top left corner of Outlook - flagged items
Hello, I know you can make shortcuts for inbox, sent items, even unread items. Can you make a shortcut for flagged items? Yes, that would be a shortcut to the "For Follow Up" Search folder. If you do not have that folder yet, you can create it easily via File-> New-> Search Folder... and then add it just like you added any other folder to your Favorite Folders list. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Rea...

Outlook #112
Several of my new email messages arrive in my Deleted Items File. I've try to Create a Rule that the mail go into my Inbox, but now I end up with two of the same email message, one in my Inbox and one in my Deleted Items File. What should I do to correct this? Thanks! ...

CRM ReportViewer is broken
Anyone got any ideas on this please? When running a report through the CRM, I get 'RSClientController is undefined' jscript error, and then lots of dependent ones. Looking at the source I can see the following: <script src="/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd? OpType=Resource&amp;Version=8.0.50727.1843&amp;Name=Scripts.ReportViewer.js" type="text/javascript"></script> Somehow the querystring separators (&) have been encoded with the result the script is not found/loaded. Thanks, Chris It seems that the &amp; thing is a red herring - but...

Outlook 2003 not working properly in Windows 7
I have installed Office 2003 SP3 in Windows 7. The word, excel, powerpoint, publisher work fine but outlook has two problem. Problem 1 is even after I have installed the Outlook connector for hotmail email account. When I click the pull down menu and select 'Add a New Account', nothing happens. Problem 2 is that when I tried to import .pst file for Contacts, the message 'The messaging interface has returned an unkown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.' I don't know whether the two problems are related. Advice on how to solve the problem will be a...

Outlook not accepting my password
Have Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000. Outlook was working fine then this morning when I tried to retrieve my mail, it asked me for my ID and password. When I typed them in, it again and again asks me for my ID and password as if not accepting it. Nothing has changed in my POP3 account. What gives? ...

Attachments in Outlook 2007
I am running Outlook 2007 as a stand alone program with no Exchange Server. In prior versions of Outlook I used an add-in that allowed me to receive potentially dangerous attachments that were filtered by default. This add-in apparently does not work in Outlook 2007. Does anyone have a work around for this? And what add-in would that have been? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Charlie asked: | I am runn...

Recover Outlook Tasks
I use tasks as a to-do list and have a problem with some tasks that have been deleted by a synchronisation. I sync a PocketPC2002 pda with a notebook and a desktop both running XP Outlook 2002. I didn't realise when doing a recent sync (ActiveSync 3.7.1) with the notebook that many of my tasks were deleted. Before realising I synced with the desktop so now none of the three devices have all my tasks. Is there a way to recover them? There is nothing in the deleted folders or archives. Thanks in advance... Did you have a backup of your PST file, presuming you use a PST file? If ...

Error Outlook 2000 #2
Expensive gentlemen,=20 I come for this way to request support mainly technician=20 due to a set of errors that have come to occur, with=20 programs of the Office, nominated the Microsoft Outlook=20 2000 and Microsoft Word 2000. Error in the Microsoft Outlook 2000:=20 The Error for the Microsoft Outlook 2000: 1.=BA - Always=20 that I open Outlook 2000, the message appears immediately=20 the following message: Error Outlook.exe has generated and=20 will beand will be closed by Windows. You will need you=20 restart the program. Error An log is being created.=20 Computer:=20 LapTop Marca:Comp...

Outlook 2003 won't shutdown normally
If I have OL2003 running when I do a Shutdown in W2K, the next time I boot up, OL grouches that it wasn't shut down normally the last time and it does a PST repair scan. If I close it first before doing a shutdown this doesn't happen. I know - just shut it down first, but just one more complication in a complicated life. I never had to do this with older versions of OL. Any idea why this is happening ? No hits for this on support.microsoft.com. I am running locally, not against a server. Thanks, Scott Any 3rd party software installed that syncs/uses outlook data? (look for ...

Office Outlook 2007
In Task section, when you click on your client and add photos of their purchases, they just show as generic icons. Is it possible to make them show as real thumbnails? Annoys me a lot being an artist. You are in the wrong newsgroup Try here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&cat=en_US_db03bd1f-73aa-41e1-abfd-27a6e3c352e5&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Marice" <Marice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E96D9300-619C-43C2-8503-17C12A2883CB@microsoft.com... ...

Outlook 2002
I'm having problems with send/and receive. All the information in my email account is correct and yet the pop3 fails. MY ISP is comcast and they have given the correct port. I am running XP. When I go into Detect and Repair, I get a pop up box for Windows Installer it says the patch package could not be opened. Verify ....... I'm wondering if I could use Outlook with MNS hotmail.com. Would you know the correct POP address and the Port Number. I might have better luck with my outlook email if I use hotmail instead of comcast. Comcast is sooo bad. They couldn't help ...