detect and repair

my outlook 2002 had some hyperlink problems which were
corrected when i used the 'detect and repair' option in
help.  now i have lost my addresses and all the e-mail
that was in my inbox.  How do i recover these items?
0
mdconner (3)

Check this page for all you need to know:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Mark Conner" <mdconner@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> my outlook 2002 had some hyperlink problems which were
> corrected when i used the 'detect and repair' option in
> help.  now i have lost my addresses and all the e-mail
> that was in my inbox.  How do i recover these items?

0
mvp1 (459)

How to detect changes in a column?
If I have a table with sales forecast data (columns) like Customer, Amount and Status, what would be the best way to track changes in this table so I can compare my forecast week after week? -- inomata ------------------------------------------------------------------------ inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18938 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493571 ...

MultiWorkbook Change Event Detection / Spell Checker
Excel 2003 or 2007. Looking to be able to force spell checking whenever any cell content is is changed. I've been successful on a single workbooks by adding Spell Check execution on Worksheet_Change. I'm hoping to take this one step further - make it an 'Add-In' so the check will run for any workbook. It looks like the Worksheet_Change event only triggers for the host workbook so an 'Add-in' will not do the job. Any suggestions to force spell checking on a change for any workbook/worksheet I modifiy? TIA, - Pat The way I would go about this i...

detect and repair
my outlook 2002 had some hyperlink problems which were corrected when i used the 'detect and repair' option in help. now i have lost my addresses and all the e-mail that was in my inbox. How do i recover these items? Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Mark Conner" <mdconner@prodigy.net> wrote ...

Duplicate detection detecting inactive records?
Is there any way to configure duplicate detection to not look at inactive records? I can't find any way to set this on the rules. Thank you! ...

How to Detect and prevent CD burn
HI, How can i stop to CD burn of any file from my system to CD.How to detect the event of CD burn and how can i stop CD burn.Basically i want to secure my file from CD burn. plz reply soon. regds vinay sheel vinays@aditi.com Vinay wrote: > HI, > How can i stop to CD burn of any file from my system to CD.How to detect the > event of CD burn and how can i stop CD burn.Basically i want to secure my > file from CD burn. You can restrict access to a file only to a certain users through NT/win200 access privileges. You can encrypt a file and therefore restrict access to a file on...

Compact and Repair Database?
My "IT Guy" says he would never use compact and repair on a database but wouldn't elaborate. Are there any arguments to support his reasoning? TIA -- Logo Logo, I run Compact & Repair in auto mode and have never had a problem. I don't worry about trashing my databases with a C&R operation because I back them up regularly. But when A2007 was first released, there were alleged incidences of auto C&R destroying folks' databases. I strongly recommend backing up your databases before doing any operation. You should also save your databas...

My Computer not detecting my external harddrive
I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port. The problem is the hard drive partitions are not shown up in My computer. But My Computer->Manage->Storage->Disk management shows the hard drive with 3 partitions and all the three are healthy.I know there are a few bad sectors. I am sure I have not made any changes in registry that prevents drives from being shown. Please help me. Do the partitions have drive letters assigned? karthikaravind wrote: > I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port. > The problem is the ha...

GUID is not detected by server .& cannot go offline...SFO.
why is the server not detecting the GUID attached to the subject line of email...what could be the problem... Also i am not able to go offline ..I get an error Domain canot be contacted or does not exist... Any sugestions... Thanks a million. ...

Inbox Repair Tool #4
I was changing my folder settings in XP Pro and somehow I activated the "Inbox Repair Tool". Now, when I double click to open a folder the Inbox Repair Tool dialog box activates and asks for the name of a file I want to scan. It is looking for a .pst file to scan. I cannot use the open command for folders any longer. I've never heard of the Inbox Repair Tool but was told on another discussion group it is part of Outlook. Does anyone know how to deactivate this feature? Thanks in advance for any help. I was told to activate my inbox repair tool in Outlook 2000 I'm ...

Mic not detected
I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently realized that it apparently cut off the mic and I cannot record anything. I can still hear cd's.etc. I did not discover this until I tried to send a video message to my son who just got deployed to Iraq. Dell customer support has been useless thus far. Thanks for any suggestions as to how to fix this problem. On May 17, 11:51=A0am, "andy jones" <jandy78...@aol.com> wrote: > I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently > realized that it apparently cut...

Cannot detect previous login you need to run frontstep crm at least once
We have a user who was on extended leave for a few months and now when ever he opens up outlook 2000 sr-1 on his computer (Windows 98se) he gets a message that "Cannot detect previous login you need to run frontstep crm at least once. Front step outlook extension will be disabled for current outlook session." When I say OK you get another message that "The add-in "psExcExt.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by useing detect and repair in the help menu. Unable to load "psExcExt.dll" you may be out of memory or out ...

detecting which control has focus
I have an application that I am writing and I need to be able to detect which control has focus (I am using edit controls). I figured out how to set the focus by creating a member control variable and using the setfocus() function, but how do detect which control has focus? There is a getfocus() in the control member variable, but I have been unsuccessful in using it? I am using the PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) function to detect when the Return key is pressed and then I automatically go the the next edit control, but I want to do different code depending on which Edit control has focus a...

Record is locked (deadlock was detected)
when trying to run a CM Transaction I get "A get/change next operation on table 'CM_Transaction' deadlock was detected. when I click on more details i am given the following. [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Transaction (process ID 77) was deadlocked on thread | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Return the transaction. currently I have ensured that no one is logged in. I view the odb.dex_lock table in the tempDB and cleared it. At this point I can run a reconciliation with no errors where I ...

Intrusion detection
I have an employee who I think is tapping into my mailbox. In Admin, under Mbx resources, her name is attached to my account periodically. The logon time was attached to my mailbox for 10 minutes or so, then after logoff, she logged directly onto hers. She also mentioned something to me the other day that could only have been known by reading an email in my inbox. She has Service Account admin in Exchange at the Server, Site, and Container levels. How can I find out definitively if she is looking at my mail? Thanks!! Change her permissions - any reason she (or anyone) needs ser...

media player 9 video repair update
media player 9- i have never being able to see an e-mail video clip without sttoping /pause /hanging for a long time !! is out there a repair for this problem ?? mkconnie1@juno.com Thanks Not a Publisher problem. Try posting in the proper newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED60DA82-4C25-423B-9AA0-91BCC1473DAF@microsoft.com... > media player 9- > > i have never being able to see an e-mail vid...

How to setup MFC memory leak detection
Hi, All of my past projects have been begun as generic MFC applications, and I'm used to getting object dump messages when I close an app that has memory leaks. Right now, however, I'm working on an app that did not start out as an MFC app (it's actually a visual studio project generated by the Qt code generator, though I don't think that matters here); rather, it's a general C++ project. My question is: how do I setup whatever is needed so that I can get back those nice object dump messages. I've already altered the project settings to include MFC. What else do I need...

repair a windows installation from within ANOTHER installation
Ok I hope that I am explaining this correctly: I had an issue with windows xp, and I wanted to repair it, but for some reason my disc (dont ask why) didnt give me a choice of repairing the windows installation..so I just installed another copy (now c: \windows.1 lets say) I dont want to go through the hassle of fixing everything, reinstalling my shortcuts, etc....I just want to be able to repair my ORIGINAL windows installation c:\windows. Is there a way, from the windows.1 installation, to repair the c:\windows installation? like doing the sfc /scanow but to scan the original w...

Ftp : how to detect a Time Out
Hello everybody, I use MFC classes CInternetSession and CFtpConnection to open a permanent connection to a ftp server. But this server disconnect me after a given time. Can I detect a time out from the server on the client side (my code !) ? Or should I test directly an internet handle ? Thanks very much for your help. cyril.delmas@gmail.com wrote: > I use MFC classes CInternetSession and CFtpConnection to open a > permanent connection to a ftp server. But this server disconnect me > after a given time. Can I detect a time out from the server on the > client side (my code !) ? ...

Can sumif detect text strings or detect if a dollar sign $ is in a cell?
Hi, I copied my online bank statement into excel, and it's all in one column. I want excel to only sum those cells which contain a dollar sign and ignore the banks comment and date cells in the sum. I tried =SUMIF(A1:A500,"$") AND ALSO =SUMIF(A1:A500,"$",A1:A500) I just get 0 for the result. Anyone know how to get sumif to match on a character like the dollar sign? Seems like this would be an obvious and functional use for this function eh? Thanks! Love, Me Hi the dollar sign is probably created by a format? If this is true you can't check for this sign....

how to detect memory leak?
Hi, I have mfc dialog based application which launches a wizard. On running the application in debuAfter the wizardFinish VS2005 output windows a few memory leaks but the filename is not mentioned. How can I find where memory leak has happened? Detected memory leaks! Dumping objects -> {2060} normal block at 0x01835A30, 244 bytes long. Data: < b` /$ :D > 80 62 60 03 98 9D 2F 24 93 CC 06 97 3A 44 96 16 {2044} normal block at 0x018387B8, 244 bytes long. Data: <1 r + E } > 31 D0 BA 72 93 9B 2B D7 83 F0 45 D0 08 7D 0C 7F {2036} normal block at 0x01838028, 39 byt...

Duplicate Detection Problem
I have created a Many-to-Many relationship as it used to be done in ms crm 3, using a linker entity. My link entity is contact (which i call attendee), which is linked to a custom entity called "Workshop". I am running a duplicate detection rule on the attendee entity, i have a field (AttendeeWorkshop) there which through jscript, combines attendee fullname with workshop name when the attendee is associated with a workshop. The rule checks for the exact same match of this field, as it should always be unique. Now if i try to add attendees to a workshop; the second one is alway...

Is it possible to detect...
Dear Sir/Mam Is it possible to detect that "the text in a MS-Word 2003 document has not been typed manually" or copied from other sources like notepad or clipboard, etc., Could it be possible to find, actually what i mean to say is when someone copied some text in notepad it will be stored in clipboard temporarily right? and now if they pasted that text into a MS-Word 2003 document, actually they didn't typed it manually right. At this situation is there any process to find that the text they just pasted into the word doc has not been typed manually rather it is brou...

Looking for a utility to repair pst file
Anyone out there come across a utility to repair a pst file yet? Mine was simply copied while Outlook was open. Scanpst wont repair it (nor will ontrack's software or pst19upg.exe unless anyone knows how to run this utility properly) This must be a VERY common problem with a known set of symptoms and one which must need repairing in exactly the same way quite often? I am using the version from Office XP on Windows XP but can transfer it to a Mac if it helps? news.microsoft.com <fountainpen@amexol.net> wrote: > Anyone out there come across a utility to repair a pst file yet?...

? Maximized detection
Hi, I've got a dialog that I have set up with a menubar and statusbar. I have made it so that the user can show or hide either. What I need now is to detect if the dialog is maximized when the user shows/hides either bar so that I can adjust the dialog to still be maximized. thanks. -- Alec S. alec @ synetech . cjb . net How about something like this... BOOL IsMaximized( CWnd* pWnd ) { ASSERT( pWnd && ::IsWindow( pWnd->GetSafeHwnd() ) ); WINDOWPLACEMENT wp; pWnd->GetWindowPlacement( &wp ); return (wp.showCmd == SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED) ? TRUE:...

Detecting Vista
I've seen a number of codes to detect the current operating system, but they haven't been updated to detect vista. One of the more commonly referred codes at The Access Web http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0055.htm ; however, it doesn't detect vista. Does anyone have a code to detect the current windows version that includes Vista? Thanks, PC Vista should be .dwMajorVersion = 5 And _ .dwMinorVersion = 2 Then (I think the code from "The Access Web" identifies it as ""Windows .NET Server ") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft A...