Desktop Alert #2

Hi all,

Any way to configure Desktop Alert so that it displays an alert when mail is
received and routed  (via rules wizard) to another folder?

I have many sub-folders in my inbox for specific people, and rules to have
those messages moved upon receipt to the appropriate folder.  But Dekstop
Alert does not show when these people send me email - only when email is
received and delivered to the Inbox.

Thanks,

JS

0
sorry (37)

It can be set as an Action in the rule

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Jimbo" <sorry@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Any way to configure Desktop Alert so that it displays an alert when mail
> is
> received and routed  (via rules wizard) to another folder?
>
> I have many sub-folders in my inbox for specific people, and rules to have
> those messages moved upon receipt to the appropriate folder.  But Dekstop
> Alert does not show when these people send me email - only when email is
> received and delivered to the Inbox.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JS

0
Roady
5/31/2004 9:41:46 PM
Most of my mail gets sent off to different folders, and the rule that does
the moving is the rule that contains the prompt to tell me the message has
arrived.
"Jimbo" <sorry@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Any way to configure Desktop Alert so that it displays an alert when mail
> is
> received and routed  (via rules wizard) to another folder?
>
> I have many sub-folders in my inbox for specific people, and rules to have
> those messages moved upon receipt to the appropriate folder.  But Dekstop
> Alert does not show when these people send me email - only when email is
> received and delivered to the Inbox.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JS

0
Peter
5/31/2004 10:04:40 PM
Thanks all,

I'll give it a whirl..

JS

"Jimbo" <sorry@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Any way to configure Desktop Alert so that it displays an alert when mail
is
> received and routed  (via rules wizard) to another folder?
>
> I have many sub-folders in my inbox for specific people, and rules to have
> those messages moved upon receipt to the appropriate folder.  But Dekstop
> Alert does not show when these people send me email - only when email is
> received and delivered to the Inbox.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JS

0
sorry (37)

Public Folder Permission inheritance #2
I'm trying to deny (actually remove the "create public folder") permission for the everyone group in ESM Exchange 2003. However, each level up I get inherited permissions. Where is this inherited from and how do I uninherite them without screwing things up? I only want to remove the above stated permission. I believe that I can uncheck "inherit permissions from parent" and then copy permissions, but is that the right thing to do? TIA Bobby "BJ" <bjanow@nospam.msn.com> wrote: >I'm trying to deny (actually remove the "create public ...

sending 2 e-mails from outlook
Why outlook 2007 show to me in the sending panel, that 2 messages are being sended, instead of one - when I am sending only one message? Win XP, Outl.2007, NOD 32 Antivirus "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63349EFC-0CF3-45BA-9834-9650258701FB@microsoft.com... > Why outlook 2007 show to me in the sending panel, that 2 messages are being > sended, instead of one - when I am sending only one message? Do you have two mail accounts defined? If so, there is a cosmetic bug in Outlook 2007 that can cause it to show extra messages dependi...

Desktop vanishes
I have a similar problem (vanishing desktop) I use Windows XP Professional SP3 on a Dell PC. A) Since Friday 15 January when I launch a program via any icon on my desktop, all icons disappear from the desktop. Also I can no longer right-click on the desktop to get Arrange Icons by/Show desktop icons. When I press Show Desktop on the Taskbar my icons reappear. When I go to the Guest account I do not experience the above problems. Everything works normally there. But when I return to my own desktop there is no longer any way that I can get my icons back. Only the wallpaper is stil...

Intersection of two lines #2
Dear friends: I am having EXCEL2003. Given two sets of points (2 points per set), I am able to draw two lines. Unfortunately, the two lines do not intersect. How can I EXTEND these lines so that I can read (or return by XL) the intersection point off the chart? Thanks. Lee CC You could chart the two data series with only makers (no lines) then add trendlines to each data series to see where they cross. But it is easier to do it with math. For each pair of data points, use SLOPE and INTERCEPT to find the slope and intercept of the lines that passes thru them Let these be m1,b1 and m...

Sync 2 Desktops
Have PocketPc 2003 on IPAQ 2215. Would like to sync between my laptop, desktop and PDA. Can't seem to get it done. Can do it with Quicken though. Not recommended and, far as I know, not possible. -- Michael Gordon MVP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03fb01c47243$44c12360$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Have PocketPc 2003 on IPAQ 2215. Would like to sync > between my laptop, desktop and PDA. Can't seem to get it > done. Can do it with Quicken though. ...

Outlook Desktop
if I have deleted the Outlook Desktop (the one that has been created automatically after install), how can I restore it? ...

multiple page banner
Does MS Publisher allow to make banners that are 'double' wide. The ONLY thing I can see is the pages can ONLY be put serially. That is wether in portrait or landscape, the pages in the banner join to extend the length. I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double rowed (2 pages wide). BQ Super_BQ <Super_BQ@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double > rowed (2 pages wide). You will want to use a custom page size - set the height to the height of two pages min...

error code #2
I'm having a hard time sending & receiving. the "Outlook Send/Receive Progress" window pops up it says "0 of 2 Tasks have completed successfully" Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to ...

Importing Contacts #2
Hello, I am working on an import of contacts and want to associate them with primary accounts. I understand that by default this is not supported, but I also understand that you can do it with the GUID of the primary company by inserting that into the contacts import template. What is the header column title for the GUID? I know how to get the GUID, but I'm not sure what the header should be when adding it to the file for importing. Thank you Dennis parentcustomerid - although I'm not sure how you tell the import if the Guid is an account or a contact "Dennis"...

How do I split a chart legend into 2 columns?
The legend in my chart has about 8 items and I cannot get them to split into two columns. The legend is subsequently very tall and has to go at the bottom of the chart as company standard so is making the chart look unprofessional. Can anybody help? Hi, The layout of items in the legend is automatically determined by the height and width of the legend box. You will need to make the legend width enough to display the legend entrys text for both columns. Move the legend over to the left and make it as wide as possible. This should then display columns, if it will fit. You can then reduc...

Web Forms #2
I need a web form that will allow users to fill out the fields, email, and be received exactly as the user viewed and entered info into it. I can't seem to accomplish it in publisher, anyone have any ideas? I don't want a web based product to perform the function on their server. -- Shane Leach IS Coordinator ...

Outlook Preview Pane #2
I have just installed Windows XP and use Outlook 2000 - I have downloaded the latest service pack (3). Two questions I wish to switch off the Preview pane for ALL folders as a default. At the moment I can only apparently switch it off on a per folder basis and not apply it to all folders. Secondly, how do I apply a custom view to all folders as a default. This is a 'problem' that I have never managed to sort out - I just apply the specific custom view whenever I create a new folder, but it would be nice to apply a specific custom view to all folders to standardise column wid...

desktop freezes while debugging thread
Hello, I have a problem debugging my application with VC 6. When I set a breakpoint in a user thread, sometimes the whole system gets very slow so I have to wait several minutes for each mouse click. Can anyone help? Peter There are some bugs in every version of VS; VS6 tends to hang; VS.NET merely crashes with some kind of internal error. However, there are two other considerations that may come into play. If the thread has a high priority, and it is compute-bound, it will consume massive amounts of computer time, which will make response slow. And if the threads are blocked on a k...

Autofilling information based on 2 other fileds
Hi. I have created a form for entering production data. I have a query which will autofill an expected production value (standard) based on the product being produced. This is working well. However, I now need to autofill the standard field not only based on the product, but also on the machine it is being produced on. Is it possible to create a lookup table (or query) that will view 2 different inputs in a form and then autofill another field's value? Machine Product Standard example: A1 soda 100 (bottles per minute) ...

emoticons #2
Is it possible to get emoticons with outloow express? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress...

CountIf #2
I am trying to do a countif formula that will count all the cells in a range that is a certain color.:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You'd have to create a user-defined function to get the color of a cell -- XL doesn't include any standard function that return the color of a cell. Is the color of the cell dependent on some criteria? If so, you could do a sum(if()) using that criteria instead... Post if you need help constructing ...

Alert or Reminder or Alarm without "Event"?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows about a way to create a simple reminder or alert that pops up at a certain time without having to create an event or appointment (which just clogs up the calendar). Or else, if there really is no such independent alert, is there any way to warn you that the end of a meeting is approaching? Thanks for your help! No, but how about an Alarm Clock as a Windows Sidebar Gadget? http://gallery.live.com/search.aspx?q=alarm%20clock -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Ou...

Runtime Error #2
When initializing Outlook 2002 in my Windows XP OS, the program shuts down with the following error message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\programfiles\microsoftoffice\office10 \outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the Applications support team for more information." I have installed office xp service packs 1, 2 and the outlook 2002 patch dated January but the message is still appearing. Any suggestions on what the problem is. Jeff I am having the same problem. Checkin...

Help with Conditional Format #2
Spiderman--189 | --Spiderman ---210 Hawkman---165 | | | -- Spiderman --220 Hulk -------175 | | | --Vision --------209 | Vision------177 | | | -- Spiderman Batman-----202 | ...

Sync errors #2
i have one user that's on outlook 2003, W2K Pro w/SP4, that's getting sync errors. i have removed and replaced the profile and still get these errors when using dialup. We have all updates for the operating system and office loaded. any suggestions? 1. 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. (/O=CAST/OU=LosAngeles/c...

Desktop appearance with a Remote Desktop Connection to W2003
I log into my Win2003 server from a Vista desktop using RDC. When I log in, I see all the same Desktop icons that I would have if I logged into the server at its keyboard. However, they are not organized on the screen properly. So... it's obviously using my profile (it has all the icons) but it's obviously not using the information regarding preferred position/layout. Is there some way I can copy the layout I use when logging in locally to be used when I log in remotely? Thanks, +Bob+ wrote: > I log into my Win2003 server from a Vista desktop using RDC. > ...

strikethrough #2
I lost the strikethrough icon in the toolbar and it doesn't appear in the add or remove buttons list so that I can restore it. Tools|Customize|commands tab|format category Scroll down the list until you find StrikeThrough and drag it to your toolbar. herbzee wrote: > > I lost the strikethrough icon in the toolbar and it doesn't appear in > the add or remove buttons list so that I can restore it. -- Dave Peterson right click on the grey area of a toolbar select customize select the commands tab select format scroll down until you find the strikethrough button grab and...

Category Groups #2
Is there any way to modify categroy groups in Money 2000? The default groups aren't really what I want - can I modify or add to them? Thanx, Allan Clearwaters In microsoft.public.money, Allan Clearwaters wrote: >Is there any way to modify categroy groups in Money 2000? The default >groups aren't really what I want - can I modify or add to them? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. ...

Outlook Desktop Clent
Installed client on 2003 server that will be used as a TS for multiple clients. Installation went OK. When I launch Outlook I get Cannot communicate with CRM server Error. The server is a 2003 SBS with exchange installed on same server. I can connect through the CRM web site - no problem. It should not be a rights issue, I am testing it with the Admin account, I have checked the Registry enties for the MSCRM client they seem correct. ...

CRM Desktop Client Find Error 07-26-06
We have CRM Desktop Client Installed and when we try to do a find on any custom fields outlook hangs for 5 minutes then we get an internet explorer script error with it pointing to lookupsingle.aspx if you click ok it then finishes with the search. has anyone ran into this before? if we use the laptop client this does not happen. Thanks Bumping up Any help at all I am pulling out my hair. greg.siwicki@gmail.com wrote: > We have CRM Desktop Client Installed and when we try to do a find on > any > custom fields outlook hangs for 5 minutes then we get an internet > explorer &g...