i have a file with pics that symetec scanner says is to large.
i can receieve email but cannot send any.
it freezes before i can delete and says non responding.
0
Sherrie1 (6)

Hi All,

I want to re-raise the old issue of Fax numbers showing up in the Outlook
Address book when one is sending an email. I know that this can be stopped
by prepending the Contact's fax number with a letter so that Outlook doesn't
see it as a valid fax number and therefore doesn't list it. What's always
puzzled me, however, is that this fix doesn't work if the fax numbers are
changed using an export to CSV, doing a mass modify on the CSV, and then
reimporting the modified Contacts. It only seems to work if the Contacts are
modified manually within Outlook. Can anyone explain this odd behavior, and
suggest a way around it?

-Peter

0
pdurkee (276)
8/14/2006 7:12:58 PM
Importing fax numbers doesn't "resolve" them as addresses like entering =
them manually does.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Peter Durkee" <pdurkee@mac.invalid> wrote in message =
> Hi All,
>=20
> I want to re-raise the old issue of Fax numbers showing up in the =
Outlook=20
> Address book when one is sending an email. I know that this can be =
stopped=20
> by prepending the Contact's fax number with a letter so that Outlook =
doesn't=20
> see it as a valid fax number and therefore doesn't list it. What's =
always=20
> puzzled me, however, is that this fix doesn't work if the fax numbers =
are=20
> changed using an export to CSV, doing a mass modify on the CSV, and =
then=20
> reimporting the modified Contacts. It only seems to work if the =
Contacts are=20
> modified manually within Outlook. Can anyone explain this odd =
behavior, and=20
> suggest a way around it?
>=20
> -Peter=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Outlook Shutdown Addin
There are several messages about problems with Outlook exiting in this forum. So, try Outlook Shutdown Addin: http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/olshutdown/default.shtml -- Virtually yours, Alisher H. Abdurahmanov ...

Restore emails lost in virus attack
Virus caused loss of some data-- 8 days of emails stored in Outlook. Virus gone. I have a backup drive image (Norton Ghost 9.0 with backup image browser). Which file(s) do I need to restore from the backup drive image in order to regain the lost emails? What surprises should I beware of? ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN LOL Thank you in advance. The files you need are the pst files. Since you did not post your version of Outlook I am presuming based on OL 2003\07 the *.pst file -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email ca...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

add news reader to Outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to add the newsreader button to the go menu in outlook 2003. Thanking you in advance David It's a known issue in Outlook 2003 where the News command disappears if Outlook is chosen as the default newsreader. Try the following -- it seems to work for many: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No bu...

problem with outlook 2003
Hello all. im having a strange problem with outlook 2003. almost everytime i send email, or forwared them to people in my contacts list they get the mail empty. either the subject of the email is gone from the mail, and then when people try to open this email the computer gets stuck (it happend in different pcs with different versions of office on them from 2000 up to office 2003). the other problem is when the email reaches the people im mailing them (and the subject is not removed from it), then the email is recieved empty. all my attachments are gone from the email. its dosent matter...

Unable to automatic close Outlook
After installing CRM Outlook client on laptop it isn't possible to close pc. This funtionality closes all open programs and shut down computer. After CRM is installed Outlook needs to be closed manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Rule for Deleted Items

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

Template connect to outlook 2007
Hi, I downloaded the template called "IT Team Workspace" from mircosoft website. Everything is working well. But I have a problem to connect the "Tasks" to MS outlook. In the default sharepoint page, i can choose "connect to outlook" at action tag. But i cannot find it at "IT Team Workspace" template. Can anyone tell me how i can do it on ""IT Team Workspace" template? Thank you. Budd By the way, i am using Sharepoint 3.0 and outlook 2007 "Budd" wrote: > Hi, > > I downloaded the template ...

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Delete macros

contacts list for Outlook 2007
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book. When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab. The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked. The item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box. I have multiple folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007 ultimate. How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this setting. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the repair function, neither option works. -- Eddy Jr ...

Outlook and IMAP
I am quite disappointed with the implimentation of IMAP for Outlook. It seems there are many features available with Imap that are available in other email clients, such as Firebird and even Microsoft's OE... Is there anything in the works to put together more robust support for IMAP in Outlook? Or am I missing how to do all this in OL 2003? Thanks. Derek IMAP is lacking in Outlook. The upcoming SP promises some improvements, mostly in speed, I don't think I've seen anyone mention new features - we need to wait for the next version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] A...

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

Outlook 2002 and tasks
I have a friend using Outlook 2002 (I know, it's old, but upgrading isn't in her future right now). She wants to import some tasks from an .ics file. Importing calendar events works just fine. She was able to export the tasks from the Essential PIM into an ical file. But when she tries to import the tasts into Outlook 2002, nothing happens. Should I post the .ical file somewhere so perhaps someone can help? She's downloaded Office 2002 Service Pack 3. She's on a WinXP system. Thanks. ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Manually linking items to contacts Activities tab in outlook 2007
I have email linked to those contacts i want to view past emails in their "activities" tab. But i'm not seeing the option to link other items to a contact (i dont have Business Contact Manager)....like an email or a note or a task....i don't see an option in any toolbar to form a link...please help. Did i find it maybe? do i r-click the message and choose "message options" and then fill out "contact" field? i'm used to the lingo "link to" from older versions of OL---this seems a bit time-consuming "runspud" wrote: > I ...