Deleted OExpress - Registry Question

Deleted Outlk Express because I also recd Outlook 2002 as
part of pkg Upgrade. OE remains in Registry in (at least)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft. Can I delete or is
there any "Sharing" between OE and Outlook?
0
anonymous (74721)

There is sharing between the two, so you may want to reinstall Outlook
Express to make sure everything is in place.  See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287686&Product=ol2002
for more information.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In article <020b01c3c5ab$21a88e80$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
|Deleted Outlk Express because I also recd Outlook 2002 as
|part of pkg Upgrade. OE remains in Registry in (at least)
|HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft. Can I delete or is
|there any "Sharing" between OE and Outlook?

if you are using XP you CAN'T delete OE.
0
me9 (928)
12/19/2003 9:40:45 AM
To MVP Jocelyn or other "helpers": Per her advice to Re-
install Outlook Express I Deleted because Outlook 2002 I
use Needs it, I read that I must "Download IE6 Over
Itself" to Get OE. Are there any "Gotchas" when
Downloading IE6 "Over Itself" & when numerous OE files
remain in Registry even after Control Panel "Uninstall"
(ie. I Saved "Favorites" in case they're wiped out .Many
Thanks!! >-----Original Message-----
>There is sharing between the two, so you may want to
reinstall Outlook
>Express to make sure everything is in place.  See
us;287686&Product=ol2002
>for more information.
>
>--
>Jocelyn Fiorello
>MVP - Outlook
>
>*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be
answered -- please
>reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message
thread. ***

>In news:020b01c3c5ab$21a88e80$a501280a@phx.gbl,
>Craig wrote:
>
>> Deleted Outlk Express because I also recd Outlook 2002
as
>> part of pkg Upgrade. OE remains in Registry in (at
least)
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft. Can I delete or
is
>> there any "Sharing" between OE and Outlook?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74721)
12/31/2003 2:10:54 PM
That I don't know...you might want to ask in an IE or OE newsgroup as they
will have more knowledge on those issues.  If you need help finding the
IE/OE newsgroups, please post back.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:037201c3cfa7$e7822520$a001280a@phx.gbl,
Craig wrote:

> To MVP Jocelyn or other "helpers": Per her advice to Re-
> install Outlook Express I Deleted because Outlook 2002 I
> use Needs it, I read that I must "Download IE6 Over
> Itself" to Get OE. Are there any "Gotchas" when
> Downloading IE6 "Over Itself" & when numerous OE files
> remain in Registry even after Control Panel "Uninstall"
> (ie. I Saved "Favorites" in case they're wiped out .Many
> Thanks!! >-----Original Message-----
>> There is sharing between the two, so you may want to reinstall
>> Outlook Express to make sure everything is in place.  See
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
>> us;287686&Product=ol2002 for more information.
>>
>> --
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>> MVP - Outlook
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
>> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>

>> In news:020b01c3c5ab$21a88e80$a501280a@phx.gbl,
>> Craig wrote:
>>
>>> Deleted Outlk Express because I also recd Outlook 2002 as
>>> part of pkg Upgrade. OE remains in Registry in (at least)
>>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft. Can I delete or is
>>> there any "Sharing" between OE and Outlook?
>>

>> .

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Rule for Deleted Items

Question about Exch2k3 SP2 75gb data store limits
I am about to roll out Exchange 2003 SP2 in a fresh environment, and was curious about what the 75GB limits on the databases encompasses. Since Exchange 2003 Standard supports up to four databases, does this mean I can have four individual 75 GB databases running under Exchange 2003 Standard, or does it mean the total of all four databases can't exceed 75 GB, therefore requiring Exchange 2003 Enterprise? Not sure where you obtained that information from - Exchange Server 2003 Standard does not support 4 databases. You can have 2 - one Mailbox Store and one Public Folder Store. ht...

MDI Creation Question: When is pMainWnd for the main thread set?
I'm trying to create Child Windows from Document Templates as soon as the main MDIFrameWnd object is finished creation. However, I cannot seem to find the correct function to put the creation in. Each time I try, pMainWnd from the current thread has not been initialized. CMDIChildWnd* pNewFrame = (CMDIChildWnd*)(pTemplate->CreateNewFrame(NULL, NULL)); (From winmdi.cpp) if (pParentWnd == NULL) { CWinThread *pThread = AfxGetThread(); ASSERT(pThread); CWnd* pMainWnd = pThread->m_pMainWnd; ASSERT(pMainWnd != NULL); <-- Always fails here. When should I call the new chil...

Dumb question
Anyone know the reverse VBA command to ComboBox1.DropDown. (ie to make the dropdown disappear). I tried ComboBox1.DropDown = false but that didn't work. Many thanks tp Shapes("Drop Down 1").Select Selection.Delete "teepee" wrote: > Anyone know the reverse VBA command to ComboBox1.DropDown. (ie to make the > dropdown disappear). > I tried ComboBox1.DropDown = false but that didn't work. > > Many thanks > > tp > > > "AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56367B43-C6BA-417...

Desingner question
Hi may i know which course i will need to study to become a professional database designer. i want to be a consultant for it and also design it for at lest small businesses. thanks Self study is probably by far your best bet. We have seen over and over here posters who said they completed one or more courses and were disapointed with what they had learned. There are some excellent self study books out there. Spend time creating an outline of whtat you think you need to know then post your outline here for comments. Once you have a solid outline, then come back again for recomme...

System Attendant questions
In Mailbox Resources (5.5) there is an object called System Attendant that is showing 18 items at over 82 MB. What are those 18 items? Can they be purged (I really need the space)? I tried adding the alias as an existing mailbox to see what the contents were but that didn't do anything. Please advise...thank you! Alan Don't know what they are or how to view them, but if it helps, I've got 0 items at 0MB in my 5.5 system. Tim "A Kincer" <nospamakincer@kiusa.com> wrote in message news:euXd4tcPEHA.988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In Mailbox Resources (5.5) th...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

Question about stored procedures
Hello SQL Monsters If a stored procedure exists as complied code on my server then why would you drop a procedure and then recreate it? Doesn't this delete the execution plan? If so, is there a programmable way to create a procedure only if one is not found otherwise alter the procedure? Thanks in advance, MC snippet: IF EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ROUTINES WHERE SPECIFIC_SCHEMA = N'dbo' AND SPECIFIC_NAME = N'myStoredProcedure') DROP PROCEDURE dbo.myStoredProcedure GO create myStoredProcedure... -- ...

#Deleted

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...