Deleted mail in Outlook does not go into deleted items folder

I've looked everywhere in the Outlook 2002 program, but can't seem to
find the reason for this.

When I delete mail from my inbox it doesn't go to the deleted items
folder.  Also, when I drag a mail item from the inbox folder to the
deleted items folder, that also is gone forever.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

What view do you have set on the Deleted Items folder?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:627d16ef.0401220922.72a76ff5@posting.google.com,
Steve Harris wrote:

> I've looked everywhere in the Outlook 2002 program, but can't seem to
> find the reason for this.
>
> When I delete mail from my inbox it doesn't go to the deleted items
> folder.  Also, when I drag a mail item from the inbox folder to the
> deleted items folder, that also is gone forever.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Thank you!!!

It took a moment to understand your question, but I got it.  Somehow I
had the view for that folder showing only the unread messages.  I
appreciate the clue...!

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<uHmp10W4DHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> What view do you have set on the Deleted Items folder?
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:627d16ef.0401220922.72a76ff5@posting.google.com,
> Steve Harris wrote:
>
> > I've looked everywhere in the Outlook 2002 program, but can't seem to
> > find the reason for this.
> >
> > When I delete mail from my inbox it doesn't go to the deleted items
> > folder.  Also, when I drag a mail item from the inbox folder to the
> > deleted items folder, that also is gone forever.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Outlook Shutdown Addin
There are several messages about problems with Outlook exiting in this forum. So, try Outlook Shutdown Addin: http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/olshutdown/default.shtml -- Virtually yours, Alisher H. Abdurahmanov ...

Public folder Calendar info in GAL??
I have calendars setup in public folders. I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can just invite them as resources when creating meetings. How do I go about this? I cannot seem to find an easy way. Thanks in advance, -Bigfoot moe.ron Mail enable the public folder. Glen <bigfootmoeron@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1105023119.340227.113660@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I have calendars setup in public folders. > I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can > just invite them as resources when creating meetings. &...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

add news reader to Outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to add the newsreader button to the go menu in outlook 2003. Thanking you in advance David It's a known issue in Outlook 2003 where the News command disappears if Outlook is chosen as the default newsreader. Try the following -- it seems to work for many: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No bu...

problem with outlook 2003
Hello all. im having a strange problem with outlook 2003. almost everytime i send email, or forwared them to people in my contacts list they get the mail empty. either the subject of the email is gone from the mail, and then when people try to open this email the computer gets stuck (it happend in different pcs with different versions of office on them from 2000 up to office 2003). the other problem is when the email reaches the people im mailing them (and the subject is not removed from it), then the email is recieved empty. all my attachments are gone from the email. its dosent matter...

Unable to automatic close Outlook
After installing CRM Outlook client on laptop it isn't possible to close pc. This funtionality closes all open programs and shut down computer. After CRM is installed Outlook needs to be closed manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Rule for Deleted Items

Junk Mail filter limit
Does anyone know the junk Email filter limit size?????? GOne Crazy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know the junk Email filter limit size?????? What do you mean by this? Are you asking if there is a message size such that the junk filter will ignore messages that exceed it? Are you asking if there is a maximum size to the words or phrases the junk filter will examine? Are you asking if the filter itself can get too large? What? -- Brian Tillman ...

Sent mail issue.
I have had several Emails bouncce back to me that I have not sent. The last one stated that a file (which I could not locate on my computer) was infected with the W32.Netsky.D@mm virus. I could not find the virud either. I have checked my "sent" items list. And there is no record of any of these Emails being sent. Does anybody know what this could be? It is someone who has your address that is infected. Trying to pin it down is next to impossible since these viruses spoof the sender/header/and domain. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

Bad e-mail address
Outlook express keeps trying to send an e-mail with an erroneous address. Everytime I send/recieve I get the following message. How do I make it stop? "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'polson@vermontmachinetool.com'. Subject 'Sales Order #100213 Timken Cairo Wheelspindles', Account: 'www.bryantgrinder.com', Server: 'smtp.vermontel.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 <polson@vermontmachinetool.com>... User unknown', Port: 25, Secure...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Delete macros

contacts list for Outlook 2007
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book. When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab. The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked. The item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box. I have multiple folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007 ultimate. How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this setting. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the repair function, neither option works. -- Eddy Jr ...

Outlook and IMAP
I am quite disappointed with the implimentation of IMAP for Outlook. It seems there are many features available with Imap that are available in other email clients, such as Firebird and even Microsoft's OE... Is there anything in the works to put together more robust support for IMAP in Outlook? Or am I missing how to do all this in OL 2003? Thanks. Derek IMAP is lacking in Outlook. The upcoming SP promises some improvements, mostly in speed, I don't think I've seen anyone mention new features - we need to wait for the next version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] A...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #13
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Import my Outllook Express messages etc into outlook 2003
I just installed office 2003 I think I clicked the wrong button and it did not import my Outllook Express messages etc into outlook 2003 How can I do this now? Export from OE to Office and it's a lot nicer. john wrote: > I just installed office 2003 I think I clicked the wrong button and > it did not import my Outllook Express messages etc into outlook 2003 > How can I do this now? ...

Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline()
Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline() I use fstream, open() and getline() to take a whole line from the text file. I would like to know how I can set the value of the file pointer to the beginning of the file without closing (with close() ) to start using getline() again. I need to do it many times and I think that making that without closing and reopening file thousands times will save much time. Could you advise me. Alur fseek(fileptr,0,SEEK_SET); AliR. "Alur" <Alur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7B7AFF-6057-4C37-955A-CADA73781B3...

"You have 1 request" doesn't go away
Hello ! Running WLM 2009, on XP Pro SP3. I had 1 request from an unknown person, so I refused, blocked the contact and deleted it from my list. But everytime I connect, the little yellow window saying "You have 1 request" (or something similar, I am translating from Italian) appears; when I click, I open my space, but there I find non request or invitation. Then all runs OK. I cleared messenger cache and history, and reset preferences, but the yellow window appears everytime. How can I get rid of it definitively ? Thanks in advance, Enrico (chicchio) Greetings, It...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

E-Mail #4
How do I enter an alternate e-mail address or name to show up as the "Sender" in an e-mail message? I'm creating an e-mail form for a client and want it to appear as if the e-mail is coming from them. It can be done but unless you are on the same Exchange server as the client, it's still going to look like it came from you. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011367671033.aspx (If you think about it, it needs to be difficult. Otherwise I could send spam out and use your email address. Not a good thing.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor ...