Delete from server ?

Hi All

I recently upgraded from OE6 to Outlook 2002 but cant seem to find a feature
in OL that was really useful in OE.
I have 1 particular account that I get a lot of junk mail on - my ISP (bless
em) flags suspected junk mail by inserting the txt "Internet Spam" into the
subject - you can then tell OE to delete messages that contain this flag
directly from the server.

The only similar rule in Outlook I can find is to "move to folder" and set
this to Deleted Items.  Unfortunately this means that the message gets
downloaded - appears in the message window - then gets moved to the deleted
items folder and so disappears from the message window.

This process causes the list of previous mails to "jump" up and down as each
message ( and I'm talking 70 - 80 per day ) appears and the gets deleted and
is extremely annoying !

Does anyone know of a way to get OL2002 (POP3 account) to delete from server
like OE can ??

TIA

Cas

Outlook only processes rules on messages that are/are being downloaded. You
should be able to set your rule to mark the items as read.

Cas wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I recently upgraded from OE6 to Outlook 2002 but cant seem to find a
> feature in OL that was really useful in OE.
> I have 1 particular account that I get a lot of junk mail on - my ISP
> (bless em) flags suspected junk mail by inserting the txt "Internet
> Spam" into the subject - you can then tell OE to delete messages that
> contain this flag directly from the server.
>
> The only similar rule in Outlook I can find is to "move to folder"
> and set this to Deleted Items.  Unfortunately this means that the
> message gets downloaded - appears in the message window - then gets
> moved to the deleted items folder and so disappears from the message
> window.
>
> This process causes the list of previous mails to "jump" up and down
> as each message ( and I'm talking 70 - 80 per day ) appears and the
> gets deleted and is extremely annoying !
>
> Does anyone know of a way to get OL2002 (POP3 account) to delete from
> server like OE can ??
>
> TIA
>
> Cas

0
lanwench (7567)

Cannot delete subreport

Replacing DC\DNS\DHCP Servers
I have two Windows 2003 Domain Controllers, both running DNS and one running DHCP. I built two new Windows 2008 servers that I want to take over these roles. What is the best way to replace these servers? I'm not sure to make them DC's first then DNS and DHCP. thanks. Rick Hello Rick, DNS install on a new Windows server 2008 DC can be installed duriing promotion, see my article about: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/archive/2010/02/10/upgrading-an-active-directory-domain-from-windows-server-2003-to-windows-server-2008-or-windows-server-2008-r2.aspx Best regards Mein...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Outlook 2003 disconnections from server
Has anyone got any information that could help resolve the following ... I have outlook 2003 client running in Cached exchange mode and i get disconnections ( event viewer shows ) Rpc call (EcDoConnectEx) to server (*servername) failed with error code (6d1) after waiting (271) ms; eeInfo (none). For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Running without cached mode seems ok ... any ideas ? lynnm@iname.com ...

Rule for Deleted Items

What to do to improve this:Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name.
Out2002, Exch2000SP3. Users at times complain that they are getting those pop up messages Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server server_name. I just want to confirm that if I install a global catalog on the site where users are getting this, that should improve the situation right ? Is the message below generated only when the Outlook client "takes too long" to retrieve data from the GC ? Something else that could cause that behavior ? On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:40:57 -0700, "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >Out2002, Exc...

Windows 2003 Server Role Hardware Specifications
Hello, I don't know where I saw it but is there a link that talks about the hardware specifications for the various servers roles such as DCs, file server, web server, etc.? -- Thank you for your help! JYC Hello Mr. JYC, Maybe this can help you: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/ee382254.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm >...

Project server 2007 Timesheet creation
Hi, We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are facing the following issues. 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the planned hours against the standard row. 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will be added without project name and tasks. Please help me to resolve the issues. Thanks, arun Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps "Arun" wrote: > Hi, ...

Solid State Drive (SSD) and Windows Server 2008 for Project Server 2010
Hello, I don't know anything about SSD disk. I expect to buy a new laptop with an SSD disk on Microsoft advice. Do you know if it's possible to partition such a SSD disk such as to install Win Server 2008 besides Win 7 Pro? Thanks for your feedback Hello here are two blog posts I did about SSD: http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2009/09/25/solid-state-drive-ssd-and-sharepoint-server-2010-project-server-2010-demo-image-benchmark-take-2.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2009/06/11/solid-state-drive-ssd-and-sharepoint-server-project-server-demo-image-bench...

Exchange Server 5.5 Spam??
I'm trying to determine why my Internet Mail Connector's "Outbound Messages Awaiting Delivery" queue constantly has hundreds of messages awaiting delivery, yet the originator is listed as <>? I've checked the server to ensure it is not being used as a relay and all indications tell me that I'm "relay secure". Any help would be very much appreciated. We're using Exchange 5.5 SP3. Thanks in advance. These are not spam messages but rather NDRs your server is trying to send out to domains who probably tried to use your server for spam telling ...

Delete macros

Have set up IMAP on my server
I have converted my email server to IMAP. Set up my iPhone with IMAP (was POP) and all the system folders - Inbox, Sent, Trash and Draft were immediately synced. When I set up the account in Entourage, only the Inbox and Sent (as a subfolder to the Inbox) came in. When I go to choose them in the option settings, it can only "see" the Inbox with the Sent subfolder - not the other subfolders. Do we have any solutions please - it has to be an Entourage issue as the iPhone did not have a problem with a clean sync. Thank you for any help. Julian ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Opinion: FileSystemWatcher robust enough for server app?
Hi, all! I have a quick basic question: if FileSystemWatcher() robust enough to be used in a 24x7 server-based app? I'm considering tinkering with a server-based app whose function is to watch for file writes and store versions of those files in SQL Server (a blind version control system of sorts). I haven't really used FileSystemWatcher() before and was curious if other developers thought it to be a robust enough mechanism for what I'm trying to get to. Any suggestions for other methods or techniques are welcome, of course! Thanks for your input! Jack ...

Problems in Client/Server Implementation of an MFC application
Dear All, I am doing a project , which is an MFC application (MDI) .. Now its a standalone application with MS Access as the "Back end". I have used ADO to made the connection. Now I want to make this application to work for several clients at the same time . I also want this application to communicate with 3 different types of Database . 1) MySQL 2) MS SQL Server 3) Oracle My application should connect with any of the above DB , without making any problem.. Can I make a general implementation by using ADO ? What ...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

Cannot connect to SQL2005 server on Vista Business
I did a new installation of GP 10 on a Vista Business computer, my Dynamics database is on a SQL 2005 server, all other clients is using XP computer to access to it without problem. After new installation of GP 10, I applied a SP4 of GP 10 on top, then I ran the GP Utility program but I found that I got stucked on product version validation process, then I forced it to close and check my ODBC connection to SQL2005 server. But I found that the SQL Native Client cannot access to database, I believed that this is the reason why I got stucked while running GP Utility. I have e...