Delete email at set date

When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or
weeks.  By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my inbox, so
it often does not get deleted.
When I get an email is it possible to put on a setting to delete it on a
date in the future?  I could put on a flag to remind me to deletion later,
but would like it even better if it deleted without any further input.
Barbara

> When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or
> weeks.  By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my
> inbox, so it often does not get deleted.
> When I get an email is it possible to put on a setting to delete it on
> a date in the future?  I could put on a flag to remind me to deletion
> later, but would like it even better if it deleted without any further
input.

Not exactly.

What you could do is this.

Create a few subfolders under your Inbox, one called Keep for a Week, one
called Keep for a Day, one called Keep for a Month, one called Keep Permanently.

Set up the Autoarchive settings on each of those subfolders to remove messages
(whether you archive or permanently delete) after the obvious period of time.

Set up a Search Folder (I'm going to assume you're running 2003 or greater
since you didn't bother to say) that basically will return all messages from
the Inbox and below.

Use the Search Folder, rather than the Inbox, for generic viewing of mail.

Move the message to whichever folder after reading.

Well, ok, after checking, if you pull up the options of a message, there
is a Message Expiry setting that it looks like you can set on a message and
it seems to work.  I still kinda like my solution, but either works pretty
well.  My solution works better if you want to archive the message and not
delete it.

--
-f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
3/1/2008 4:53:03 PM
If you have your Inbox emails listed by the date received all you have to do
is click to highlight the oldest one, move down to the date that you wish to
eliminate emails older than, hold down the shift key and click on that one.
That will highlight all emails older than the last one you clicked on.  Hit
the Delete key.  Voila!

That's what I do. But before I do that I save emails I don't want to delete.
I've made folders to contain emails I wish to keep.  I right click an email
I want to keep, choose Move to Folder and click on the folder I want to save
the email in.  It works the same way for Newsgroups except the only option
there is Copy to Folder.  I do that to save Newsgroup messages I want to
retain for my own reference.

"Barbara Wiseman" <this.is.not@real.email.address> wrote in message
> When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or
> weeks.  By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my inbox, so
> it often does not get deleted.
> When I get an email is it possible to put on a setting to delete it on a
> date in the future?  I could put on a flag to remind me to deletion later,
> but would like it even better if it deleted without any further input.
> Barbara

0
smartwit (29)
3/1/2008 5:33:58 PM
Open the message and press the Options button. Here you can set an
expiration date for the email. You can then use AutoArchive to automatically
delete the expired items.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Barbara Wiseman" <this.is.not@real.email.address> wrote in message
> When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or
> weeks.  By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my inbox, so
> it often does not get deleted.
> When I get an email is it possible to put on a setting to delete it on a
> date in the future?  I could put on a flag to remind me to deletion later,
> but would like it even better if it deleted without any further input.
> Barbara

0
Roady
3/1/2008 9:22:10 PM
"Barbara Wiseman" <this.is.not@real.email.address> wrote in message
> When I get an email sometimes I only need to keep it for a few days or
> weeks.  By the time it is out of date it has disappeared down my inbox, so
> it often does not get deleted.
> When I get an email is it possible to put on a setting to delete it on a
> date in the future?  I could put on a flag to remind me to deletion later,
> but would like it even better if it deleted without any further input.
> Barbara

Thank you all for the suggestions, sorry I did not say that I am using
Outlook 2003.
Barbara

Restore emails lost in virus attack
Virus caused loss of some data-- 8 days of emails stored in Outlook. Virus gone. I have a backup drive image (Norton Ghost 9.0 with backup image browser). Which file(s) do I need to restore from the backup drive image in order to regain the lost emails? What surprises should I beware of? ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN LOL Thank you in advance. The files you need are the pst files. Since you did not post your version of Outlook I am presuming based on OL 2003\07 the *.pst file -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email ca...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

pulling table modified date
hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the form. any ideas? TIA Ted also I forgot to mention the table is in a different database "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message news:uLzIPc$ZIHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hey all, i'm trying to set the value of a text box on my form to the > Created Date of a table in my database. its not the recordsource of the > form. any ideas? > > TIA > Ted > > > You could get the creatio...

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Rule for Deleted Items

setting FullTrust on LocalIntranet give not any effect
Hi! My question is why the command caspol.exe -chggroup 1.2 Fulltrust did not give any effect. Here is a description to what I have done ******************************* 1. First of all I created a directory test under root C directory 2. Now I run this command caspol -ag 1 -url file:///C:/test/* LocalIntranet -n LocalIntranetTest -exclusive on to get LocalIntranet security policy on C:\test 3. When running an assembly in C:\test it gets LocalIntranet security policy. This works perfect. 3. Now I run caspol.exe -listgroups to see what number the Intranet: LocalIntranet has ...

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

GP 9 BR, problem setting up named printer
Perhaps I'm not doing something correctly...what I want to do is allow the users to select whatever printer they want. Some of them use local printers for checks, but I need to allow them to print reports to one or more of the network copier/printers. It appears I have to set a printer for System and Company before I can set anything else to Manual. If I do this for anyone who isn't an administrator, when they attempt to log in to GP (even on my PC as well as theirs, on which I tested a users' login), they receive "You don't have security privileges to open this w...

Delete macros

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

How do I set up an incoming hyperlink to a page within a frame?

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

email templates 01-09-05
Two questions. 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday field in a template. It shows the datetime in datetime format. Useless 2. When users use the template that was created. It seems the Subject is not inserted in Subject line of the email. Thanks, Jaime Hi Jaime, I have the same problem with the title that doesn't appear when using a email template. Please publish the answer if you found something. Christophe "Jaime" wrote: > Two questions. > > 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday ...

Deleting an email

how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel?
how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel? Hi Daniel, If they are Excel dates they represent the days and fractional days past Dec 31, 1899 if using the 1900 date system. So if you just have dates they have no fractional components and you just subtract the earlier date from the later date for the number of days. So it doesn't really matter if it is Excel or VBA same method. A1: 1998-11-28 B1: 2005-07-11 C1: =B1-A1 format c1 as number: #,##0 otherwise you will see: 1906-08-13 in VBA something like either of these, n...