delete autocomplete file for email OL addresses

WIN XP HE SP1, OL 2002 SP3
HI,
I know I can delete a file--which one I dt know--so that all of the email
addresses I have used so far get deleted from autocomplete and the file
starts fresh.
Can anyone tell me the name of that file to delete?
Tx,

saturnin02

It's a file with the extension of .NK2.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
http://www.cardozasolutions.com

"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> WIN XP HE SP1, OL 2002 SP3
> HI,
> I know I can delete a file--which one I dt know--so that all of the email
> addresses I have used so far get deleted from autocomplete and the file
> starts fresh.
> Can anyone tell me the name of that file to delete?
> Tx,

patriciac (522)
4/6/2005 3:54:21 PM
Yes it is.
Tx!
Patricia Cardoza [Outlook MVP] wrote:
> It's a file with the extension of .NK2.
>

> "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> WIN XP HE SP1, OL 2002 SP3
>> HI,
>> I know I can delete a file--which one I dt know--so that all of the email
>> addresses I have used so far get deleted from autocomplete and the file
>> starts fresh.
>> Can anyone tell me the name of that file to delete?
>> Tx,

saturnin02

Cannot delete subreport

Files not visible in Windows Explorer
Hi folks, My colleague is using Publisher 2000 and while she can find all the Publisher files she created with P2000 when she goes to 'File>Open' from Publisher, most of these files cannot be found within the same directory in Windows Explorer. Can someone explain what is happening that the files go missing in the WE environment? She is using Windows NT (2000?), Publisher 2000, and an IBM Thinkpad A series. Thanks. Saved files will go into a designated folder you assigned in tools, options. Publisher doesn't arbitrarily place files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offic...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

editing RWZ files
Does anyone know if it is possible to directly edit RWZ files in OL2K? In particular, I would like to add a series of banned subject lines to my "Junk Subjects" rule without having to add each one individually. Nope, not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Coby King" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a1a01c49d50$8f6f3130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to dire...

How to force the compiler to always re-compile a given source file?
Hi, I realise that this is not a MFC related question but this groups is the one that I most often read (and like) so here it is... Is there a way to force VS2005 compiler to always re-compile a given C++ file regardless of if it has changed or not since the last compile? That is, I'd like the file to be compiled everytime I run the build/rebuild. I could, I guess, delete the associated obj file after each build (e.g. using post build event) but this would trigger build every time I try to run/debug the app from within IDE. I know that I'm trying to break basic rules of nmake...

Rule for Deleted Items

password protected backup files
After installing Windows XPs sp2, my Microsoft Money became corrupted. I uninstalled then reinstalled it. The problem now is that when I try to restore a backup, it keeps asking for a password. I have never password protected it. How can I restore my backup without having to start from scratch? Thank you for your help. maritimegal In microsoft.public.money, maritimegal wrote: >After installing Windows XPs sp2, my Microsoft Money >became corrupted. I uninstalled then reinstalled it. The >problem now is that when I try to restore a backup, it >keeps asking for a password....

Not quite there with file sharing
I'm able to see and change my calendar and contact files in my shared docs folder from both my laptop and desktop, using the info in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;294759 However, I can't seem to save a local copy on my laptop. When the desktop, which is where the shared docs folder is located, is turned off, I lose all access to my calendar and contacts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. ...

OWA
Periodically when an OWA user creates or replies to an email, the email address (as it is in the signature) returns a different MAILTO address. EXAMPLE John Smith 123 Main Street Anytown, CA e. John.Smith@ourdomain.com <mailto:Jane.Brown@ourdomain.com> Of course the Signature does not have the MAILTO link. How is that generated and why would it return the incorrect data? BTW Jane Brown is a legitimate user in our domain. ...

File History Limitation
Other Office apps can hold up to 9 the most recent files worked on. How can I change Excel to show a history of more than 4 documents? Bill Tools/Options/General, enter "9" in the Recently used file list inputbox. In article <4628d984$0$1418$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, "Bill Haskell" <bhask@roadrunner.com> wrote: > Other Office apps can hold up to 9 the most recent files worked on. How can > I change Excel to show a history of more than 4 documents? Tools|Options|General tab change the Recently used file list number to 9. Bill Haskell wrote:...

2006 backup file to money essentials
I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it does not use files from previous versions. help In microsoft.public.money, dennisddjj wrote: >I just download micro money essentials to my new computer, i tried to use my >back up file from my money 2006 on my laptop, it is not working it says it >does not use files from previous versions. help If you did not start with the trial, return Essentials. Install the Money Plus Deluxe trial expecting to buy 60 days later. ...

File conversion #2
I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the file? TIA - Dave "Dasco" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:6dotv5F3m1sbU1@mid.individual.net... >I have been using Excel for Mac. I have now reverted to Windows and >although I'm able to work and save the file I'm prompted with a 'File >conversion in Progress'. How can I stop this message and still use the ...

auto filing in public folder
Hi all exchange professionals, I'm using exchange 2003 + outlook 2003. I have created a public folder such as "Outgoing mail" to store all outgoing email. I want to know whether there is method in exchange or third party software can create rules that it can auto filing those email. I mean it can scan the outgoing email address e.g. abc@xyz.com. then automically create a folder under "Outgoing mail" named "xyz.com" and move the mail to that folder. Next time, when there is mail to xyz.com, it will move it to "xyz.com" folder automically. If i...

Bad e-mail address
Outlook express keeps trying to send an e-mail with an erroneous address. Everytime I send/recieve I get the following message. How do I make it stop? "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'polson@vermontmachinetool.com'. Subject 'Sales Order #100213 Timken Cairo Wheelspindles', Account: 'www.bryantgrinder.com', Server: 'smtp.vermontel.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 <polson@vermontmachinetool.com>... User unknown', Port: 25, Secure...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Delete macros

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline()
Go to the begining of the txt file after using getline() I use fstream, open() and getline() to take a whole line from the text file. I would like to know how I can set the value of the file pointer to the beginning of the file without closing (with close() ) to start using getline() again. I need to do it many times and I think that making that without closing and reopening file thousands times will save much time. Could you advise me. Alur fseek(fileptr,0,SEEK_SET); AliR. "Alur" <Alur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD7B7AFF-6057-4C37-955A-CADA73781B3...

Permanent Failure: Other address status #2
Howdy, I have a customer whose customers are receiving the following email randomly... > The following addresses had delivery problems: > > <user@domain.com> > Permanent Failure: Other address status > Delivery last attempted at Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:42:42 -0000 My customer server is SBS 2003 Standard, latest Service Packs. How do I troubleshoot this? There is nothing the App/Sys logs near this time line. I have Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server installed as well and that doesnt have any log entries either. Also this response isnt a symantec respo...

How do I send email from an identity that is not my main one?
I have three different email boxes I have to send and received messages from - personal, business and church. I have Outlook receiving mail from all three, but unless I reply to a message sent to one of the identities, all original emails get sent with my personal address as the sender. How can I change this each time I have to address business or church emails? I apologize if this is an obvious question, but I just can't find this info anywhere. what version of outlook? newer versions have an Accounts button you use to select the account it is to be sent on. -- Diane Poremsky ...

Importing a CSV file
I want to import a file into physical inventory. Here is what I do: 1) Run a Quantity report(I don't think the report really matters) 2) I put it in alphabetical order, then I export it using RMS Manager into a ..CSV file 3) I go into Inventory > Physical Inventory, and I click on New and Manuel Entry 4) I import the file...it works just fine!!! BUT If you in any way alter the .CSV file, and save it again, in the same format Steps 1 - 4 won't work...WHY WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG??? -- Thank You Vince :) The problem might be the Item Lookup Codes are being modified by ...