Delegates Sending 'On behalf of'

I have recently set the permission for an delegate to send
messages on my behalf, and she has been set as an Author
to my mailbox.  However, when she accesses my Inbox and
tries to send on my behalf the recipients do not see 'sent
on behalf of' on the message.

Also, if she adds the 'from' field to the message view my
name is not automatically populated.  How can we set it so
that when she is sending as me that the from field is
filled in?

0
anonymous (74722)

Please, people, post your VERSION of Outlook!!!!

Is she directly opening your mailbox or is this a second mailbox that she
opens under her profile?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Corinne Burke
asked:

| I have recently set the permission for an delegate to send
| messages on my behalf, and she has been set as an Author
| to my mailbox.  However, when she accesses my Inbox and
| tries to send on my behalf the recipients do not see 'sent
| on behalf of' on the message.
|
| Also, if she adds the 'from' field to the message view my
| name is not automatically populated.  How can we set it so
| that when she is sending as me that the from field is
| filled in?

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Send on behalf #3
Hi all, i want to send a email but the from must be another mailbox than mine. I know i can grant me permisssion send of behalf of BUT the recipient will still see my name . he will see ``myname on behalf of other mailbox ``. Is there a way that i can send a email so that recipient won't see my name but only the other mailbox ?? im using exchange 2003 SP1 thanks !! On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:11:07 -0800, "Rick" <Rick @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >i want to send a email but the from must be another mailbox than mine. I >know i can...

Cant send email 04-23-10
Have not been able to send or receive email since Wed. Talked to verizon, they stated they knew of the issue and were working on it. Yesterday i was able to receive email but not send, now today, still the same, I receive it but can't send it, yesterday the automated message at verizon was still the same, that they knew of the issue and were working on it, so now I'm coming to all of you, I copy and pasted the error below...what's up? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help ...

Delegate folder
I have set a user up so they can view another user's inbox, calendar etc, but wish to allow the delegate access to the other users folder via the Folder List, rather than them having to go to File, Open, Other User's Folder. How can I do this? ...

Outlook2002/XP email send/receive delay
Outlook2002 has problem getting the newest incoming emails even after pressing send/receive button n refresh. PC is running WinXP pro/home edition. Is there a way to overcome this serious problem. Have updated to the latest office updates available. Reinstallation doesn't solve the problem also. Need help urgently. From what I know so far, this affects certain build version of OutlookXP/2002. Anyone know a way to solve this problem? Tried moving Inbox old msg/emails outside of Inbox folder but problem still exists. Those kind to help can email me your suggestions/solutions to elfelle@msn...

Outlook sending error
I seem to have a bad email stuck in the sending process. Each time I click "send/receive" I get the same error message. However the send of new messages to my stored Outlook contacts does succeed and they are received. My computer is a new Vaio with Win 7 and Outlook 2008, and outlook contacts transferred from an old computer with XP and outlook 2003. Everything worked for a month until I manually typed in an email address for a new email. The error occured whenI clicked send/receive. That message seems to be stuck there and creates a new error each time I send/...

Send/Receive Not Working
I had been using Office 2003 beta, and after deciding not to purchase at this time, I reinstalled Office XP. When I go to Mail Setup/Send Receive I get an error message "operation failed". I can manually send/receive, but cannot retrieve mail automatically. Any ideas. If you use the Test Account Settings, do you get any error reports? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Steve <srinaldi@triad.rr.com> asked: | I had been using Office 2003 beta, and after de...

Task delegation not working
After reformatting my hard disk and reinstalling Windows, almost everything on my computer works again. The one thing that doesn't is a bizarre change to the way Outlook 2000 handles task delegation. In the past, I could assign a task to a colleague, and it would appear on both my colleague's and my own task lists. When my colleague completed the task, I would get an 'update' message, and the task on my list would be marked as completed. I can still delegate tasks, but I no longer get the automatic updating of my task list when they are complete. On my colleague's compute...

highlight consecutive duplicate rows (re-sending)
My apologies if anyone responded to this when I originally posted. I didn't download enough headers and I can't recapture the original.... I want to highlight any row that has the same data as the previous row. For example, if A:3=A:2 and B:3=B:2 and C:3=C:2, I want to highlight Row 3. I also want to repeat this logic throughout the spreadsheet. Can I do with this with Conditional Formatting? Or, would I need to use VBA...in which case, how would I code this? Thanks in advance. I have no idea if anyone responded to your earlier post, but you could check yourself: You can ...

Outbox not sending
I tried to send 1 email (with 4 attachments- photos) to 2 people. That was 3 days ago and my Outbox still shows unsent. When I try to delete the file and start over, it tells me that Outlook has begun sending and I cannot delete. I tried restarting, etc., no luck. How can I get it out of my Outbox? You can try setting Outlook to offline (on the file menu), exiting then restarting Outlook and deleting the item <gabscot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b3f36be9-4bc4-4a81-b638-15ab27e49fd3@x19g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > I tried to send 1 email (with 4 attachments- photos) to 2 ...

send/receive startup?
Outlook does not send/receive automatically when it starts up. i tried but couldn't fins any options to change it so that it does. is ther anything in can do about it? What version of Outlook are you using? I'm using OL2003 and it does its first mail polling not long after it starts up. "anon" <anon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75AA8822-D3B4-485F-8F39-657FFDF8FBBF@microsoft.com... > Outlook does not send/receive automatically when it starts up. i tried but > couldn't fins any options to change it so that it does. is ther anything >...

Send to Remote user problem
Using Exchange 5.5 on a Win 2k server All users in the office work fine. New employee works exclusively on the road, never coming to the office. I set up the account so that the office people could email through Outlook ( obviously wrong ) to the employee's internet email account. Exchange converts the email address to the local email mail box name and nothing is sent. I know this is my error, but I need help fixing it. The SMTP addresses are User@MyDomain.com the in office mailbox and User1@msn.com the internet address I want everything sent...

Exchange W2k3 : mails send but not by user
Hi, We're having problems with our exchange 2003. Something is sending mail using our mailserver. Mails are send internal and external, and ofcourse we get listed in spamlists. Only authenticated users can use our mail server. I've checked the whole network for virusses ..... everything is clean but the problem is still not solved. Is there someone who can give me some advise. This are the internetheaders from an internal mail, and the user did not send the mail. Maybe bassed on this info it's easier to give some help Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 Received: from k...

Delegations?
Hi all, at work I am trying to set up a delegation. I am the boss and going on holiday....I need my delegate (another member of my team) to be able to access my email. I have set him up as a delegate with the correct permissions BUT, is there any way he can gain access to my outlook inbox automatically without having to do the FILE >> OPEN >> etc thing? TIA, PE1 The mailbox owner (you) needs to grant Reviewer permission to the root of the mailbox, as well as appropriate permission on the folder. The user who needs access then goes into Tools | E-mail Accounts or Tools | Servic...

Too much access using Delegates.
Scenerio: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 & XP mail clients. 10 Users, all are in the Domain Users Group, Each User's MailBox Permissions is set to Defualt - None. Without even adding anyone to the Delegates Tab List, users are able to add additional mail boxes, and view the complete Mailbox tree of the added user. We are looking to implement Delegates, but I haven't been able to limit what users view additional mail boxes. Thanks, Tim Sounds like someone mucked with the original/default Exchange permissions. This doesn't happen by default. See the...

send e-mail from CRM
What is necessary to send e-mail from MS CRM? I'm new in CRM and I have a lot of problems with this activity. I can't send e-mail from CRM. Should install Exchange Mail Router for CRM or it's necessary only when i installed Sales for Outlook? Btw - (I've installed Router - any warnings, I think that everything is ok) but when I create activity from e-mail in Outlook this e-mail appeared in CRM or not... any ideas? thanks, JP Hi Janusz, You must install the Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router to be able to manage e-mails in Microsoft CRM. If you don't, you can ...

Delegate permissions lost after migration
G'day Group, Currently we have a exchange 5.5 and 2003 server running. We've migrated a small pilot group but i've noticed the following: When the users were migrated I cannot seem to set the Delegate permissions. From Outlook 2003>Tools>Options>Select Delegates. I add the proper user, add views and click apply>OK. Go back to double check the permissions and the delegate I've just added is gone. For some reason it is not retaining the settings. Not too sure what else to look into. Anyhelp would be appreciated. ...

Send Excel form VIA Email
I have an Excel form that has a submit button and this button should open up a MS Outlook email attach the form and past the value from cell R13 in to the subject. Is there code that will do this? If, so what would it be? I tried the little I know but could not get it to work. Thanks Sam Hi Sam See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/mail3.htm Read the tips for changing the macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/tips2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Sam" <samcannet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:effbc9cc-b314-48d4-a2d6-2eaf26dea423@x8g...

I can't recieve or send emails!! please help
I was downloading all my emails from server. it got about 2 3rds of the way through and then just stopped. I have been trying to downoad the remainder of the emails but no luck. Whe i open up windows mails it appears to recognise that there is mail to download from the serve but the hang for a lont ime and then posts this warning: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'SkyeDance', Server: 'pop.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110,...

Mail Delegates
I have imported address books for our salespeople and want my department to be able to send out "blast" emails on their behalf. All of the permissions seem to be set just fine, BUT... when I send out the email merge, the sender shows as me not the salesperson that I've chosen. I know I can go into options and select the "reply to" email address, I've also choses options, "From" and put in the salesperson's email address. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Dana ...

Sending and Receiving error upon sending
I get the below error after every send/receive, even though the program works fine. I heard Norton SystemWorks may have something to do with it. Any help? "Task 'Comcast - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?????o?'" ...

How can i add automatic contacts from sended mails
Lo que necesito es que al recibir o enviar correos las direcciones escritas se GUARDEN AUTOMATICAMENTE en la lista de contactos de outlook. Se que dando click derecho y luego en agregar y escribiendo loa datos e agregan pero automaticamente se puede?? O como hago un respaldo de la lista de correos que aparecen donde,al crear un nuevo correo y escribir la primera inicial del correo aparecen los parecidos? Pregunto esto porque muchos usuarios no guardan sus contactos y solo los toman de esa lista...y al hacer un respaldo ME DICEN no me Respaldaste MIS CONTACTOS.... y pues no se que deci...

Schedueled Auto Send .xls File to Receipients
I have an MS2007...I have a progress tracking excel spreadsheet that I must send to certain associates on a biweekly basis. What functionality exists or coding is reqiuried for my document to be automatically sent to selected receipients on a scheduled basis until the project is complete? ...

How to forward/ copy e-mails send from one user to the other
Hi, For monitoring purposes I want e-mails that a user sends to have a copy or forward also to another user. Do you know a way to do this. I have Exchange 2000. Thanks, Charris Alternate Recipient in properties of account, which you want to monitor. Charris wrote: > Hi, > > For monitoring purposes I want e-mails that a user sends to have a copy or > forward also to another user. Do you know a way to do this. > I have Exchange 2000. > > Thanks, > > Charris ...

Delegation
If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Em Yeu wrote: > If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. > After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? Answered your other post. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org ...

Unable to send email with Entourage 2004
Am using Leopard, Microsoft Office 2004, have been using Entourage for a number of years. Have done all the updates. Am able to receive mail and to access Internet with any links in email but can not send. I have tried a new identity for email. I have tried a variety of settings. Am using POP server POP3live.com through hotmail to send and received. Have done utility keychain access, Key chain first aid with this in red when I run verify. Item =93POP3.live.com=94 has unspecified value for port attribute Item =93smtp.live.com=94 has unspecified value for port attribute When r...