Delayed send in Outlook Cached Mode

I have found an issue with Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 that isn't
mentioned as a caveat in the online help for Outlook.
If you use the new cached mode for your Exchange mailbox, messages set up as
"Do Not Deliver before:" don't work as expected.  The message sits in your
Outbox until the next time you open Outlook rather than sending the message
to the server for delivery at the specified time.

Is this correct?  Is this as expected?  Is my only option not to use cached
mode?

I would like to continue to use cached mode but some users do make use of
the delayed delivery feature.

0
Travis

You're absolutely right... I find it rather stupid, the cache mode also have
problem displaying newly created address or contact (something to do with
policy enforcer as claim by MS).
AvP

"Travis Albrecht" <talbrecht_at_wernerelectric_dot_com> wrote in message
>I have found an issue with Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 that isn't
>mentioned as a caveat in the online help for Outlook.
> If you use the new cached mode for your Exchange mailbox, messages set up
> as "Do Not Deliver before:" don't work as expected.  The message sits in
> your Outbox until the next time you open Outlook rather than sending the
> message to the server for delivery at the specified time.
>
> Is this correct?  Is this as expected?  Is my only option not to use
> cached mode?
>
> I would like to continue to use cached mode but some users do make use of
> the delayed delivery feature.

0
avp (1)
10/6/2004 1:52:37 AM
AvP wrote:
> You're absolutely right... I find it rather stupid, the cache mode
> also have problem displaying newly created address or contact
> (something to do with policy enforcer as claim by MS).
> AvP

You mean this?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823580&Product=out2003

I don't use delayed delivery so I haven't seen any issues with it, sorry.

> "Travis Albrecht" <talbrecht_at_wernerelectric_dot_com> wrote in
> message news:uCadCyuqEHA.1988@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> I have found an issue with Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 that isn't
>> mentioned as a caveat in the online help for Outlook.
>> If you use the new cached mode for your Exchange mailbox, messages
>> set up as "Do Not Deliver before:" don't work as expected.  The
>> message sits in your Outbox until the next time you open Outlook
>> rather than sending the message to the server for delivery at the
>> specified time.
>>
>> Is this correct?  Is this as expected?  Is my only option not to use
>> cached mode?
>>
>> I would like to continue to use cached mode but some users do make
>> use of the delayed delivery feature.

0
lanwench (7566)
10/6/2004 4:33:22 AM
This is expected.  The problem is that (in cached mode) if the message were
to be pushed to the Exchange server you would no longer be able to re-edit
it or stop it from being sent without restarting Outlook in online mode.
Since many people set up a rule to delay sending all messages by a few
minutes (to prevent that "Oh dang!  I didn't mean to send that yet!"
mistake), we decided that the behavior you're experiencing was the preferred
one.  If you leave Outlook running, though, it will send the message at the
proper time.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Travis Albrecht" <talbrecht_at_wernerelectric_dot_com> wrote in message
> I have found an issue with Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 that isn't
> mentioned as a caveat in the online help for Outlook.
> If you use the new cached mode for your Exchange mailbox, messages set up
as
> "Do Not Deliver before:" don't work as expected.  The message sits in your
> Outbox until the next time you open Outlook rather than sending the
message
> to the server for delivery at the specified time.
>
> Is this correct?  Is this as expected?  Is my only option not to use
cached
> mode?
>
> I would like to continue to use cached mode but some users do make use of
> the delayed delivery feature.

0
stephenson (1245)

outlook displays error message when trying to send emails to emails addresses on a outside server
hi all, outlook is displaying the error message " server rejected the following receipients" error message when i try to send emails to email id's on a different server. However the emails ID's on the same server go thru without a problem. Can anybody please help me out of this ASAP. ...

Delay in an action for certain time and then let it execute
How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute automatically. For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the form after 2 Minute time. How do this 2 min delay can be imposed? "aliz" <aliz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F82FA6-B807-4A70-A2F4-64932F83C778@microsoft.com... > How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute > automatically. > For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the > form > after 2 Minute time. > > How do this 2 m...

can i use hotmail in office outlook? how? what email address i ca.
can i use office outlook2003 to download hotmail email? what email address does outlook2003 support? Hotmail access for new users requires that you use their paid service. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, snow asked: | can i use office outlook2003 to download hotmail email? what email | address does outlook2003 support? If you already own a free hotmail account and would li...

Failure to send e-mail
Have received the follwoing 2 messages as being unable to deliver e-mails, one was to a .net address the other to a .co.u anyone got any ideas what the problem is and how to resolv 1. There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 mail from 212.69.243.42 rejected: administrative prohibition (host is blacklisted) 2. there was a SMTP communicatio problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 sm...

Outlook 2002 mail Oddity
When I type an e-mail in Outlook 2002 the cursor jumps from one line to another while typing. It does this randomly and is very annoying. Sometimes it jumps back into the same line you're typing and inserts right into the existing line. Also, when I hit the shift key to capitalize a letter, it highlights the entire note. This just started in the last few days. Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem may be? I'm utilizing the XP firewall, I'm behind a router, I have Norton Corp. Antivirus, and Earthlink as an ISP. I've done a complete and through virus check and found ...

Typing delays
I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fast everything gets stuck and i have to slowly enter each letter. Can anyone help? Unlikely to be related to Outlook, esp. as it's happening in Word, too. Does it happen in, say, Notepad? I'd post in a group for your OS version. Renee wrote: > I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and > Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before > the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fa...

Delayed sending of emails
Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would not go out . Right? Danz, you wrote on Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:38:00 -0700: > Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I > will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would > not go out . Right? That's right. But many email providers support that feature. If someone sends an email to you during your absence this mails will be replied automatically with an message th...

Outlook 2000 trnasfer to Outlook 2003
I'm installing a new desktop PC at home with XP and Office 2003. My previous desktop was a Win 98 with Office 2000. I have an address book in Outlook on my previous PC and e- mail folders that I would like to selectively copy to a floppy disk and transfer to my new PC Office 2000 Outlook program. I don't have a write capability on my CD drive with my previous PC. All the info in my address book and folders are very important and I need to load that on my new PC. If worse came to worse I could retype the info from my address book into the new Outlook program. I've got about 2...

How do I send email to contacts living in a specific location?
I have 3,340 subscribers to my periodic "Thing Grams" on VW Things and, on occasion, have a need to tailor these to specific regions or states. In OE all I had to do was click on a field at the top of the address book and it would sort by location and I would select the contacts I needed. Using Outlook "Help" between Accounts, Groups, Business contact mgrs, etc. I am completely snowed. How do I sort and send email to contacts from a specific location (field)? In the Select names dialog box the contacts are alphabetical and there is no way to sort by anything else a...

Outlook 2003 messages w/ large attachments
I have a couple of users that use POP3 mail and when they send a msg with a large attachment, the msg is sent multiple times and the msg never moves to the sent box. What could be the issue? I have had them make sure that they are not set to automatically send and recieve so there should not be an issue of the msg being sent again before it is sent the first time. I have also had them disable any virus scan of outgoing e-mail to see if this is an issue and neither of these seems to resolve the issue. Anyone else had this one? Oh, all updates have been installed, to XP Pro and to O...

Office 2007 save as delay
In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do it. If I click on the side icons (like My coputer or My document) it moves a bit quicker, but it is still delaying the saving process. In Windows, disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available. CristianA wrote: > In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the > default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do > it. If I click on the side icons (lik...

Cannot send to Groups since last Microsoft update
Cannot send email to my groups in either Windows Mail (Vista) or on an older computer using XP and outlook express. No changes in that computer in over 6 months. I can send to individuals....just not groups. Groups number less then 20 people. Who is your mail service provider? Maybe they have reduced the maximum number of recipients. Give them a call. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "J. Wood" <J. Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:E8800419-D7F2-44B3-B915-...

Send mail fails to multiple recipients
I cannot send email to more than two recipients. If I add any more recipients in the To: box, the message is not delivered. Message tracking center displays the following.. SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue SMTP: Advanced Queue Failed to Deliver Message Any clues how I can fix this? "Steve Bruce" <steve@bruce.com> wrote in message news:4135f5b1$0$25424$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com... >I cannot send email to more than two recipients. > > If I ...

Locking toolbars in Outlook 2003
I like to put all of my toolbars on just one line, but I can't find out how to lock the toolbars, once you have them setup the way that you like them. Steve Foulks <stevefoulks@chartermi.net> wrote: > I like to put all of my toolbars on just one line, but I > can't find out how to lock the toolbars, once you have > them setup the way that you like them. You can't lock the tool bars. -- Brian Tillman ...

Any way to default to "Send now" instead of "Edit before sending"?
When responding to a meeting request in Outlook 2007, is there a way to make it default to "Send the response now" instead of "Edit the response before sending"? RNW;118796 Wrote: > When responding to a meeting request in Outlook 2007, is there a way to > make > it default to "Send the response now" instead of "Edit the response > before > sending"? I don't believe it's possible to modify that. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Outlook Connector #5
Hello, I have been playing with OL2007 and the Outlook Connector for Hotmail/Live a bit lately. My plan is to migrate over to Custom Domains, and have all my users run the connector. However... However, I notice that the connector does not do Note, Tasks, and Calendar without a subscription service. And I do not plan on subscribing. This means any of my users who create these types of items do not have a backup. I see the connector makes a OST file on the local system. But this is the full mailbox, and of course backing this up could be a challenge based on ones local/roaming use...

sending email
New to outlook, Once I have composed my message and try to send, outlook will not send. I save the email and when I go back to my inbox I find the message as not yet sent. It will send at this point when I select send. Why can't I send when I first create the message? What do you mean when you say it will not send. Do you get an error? Ray at work "Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:039101c39da1$dcad0d50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > New to outlook, > > Once I have composed my message and try to send, outlook > will not send. I ...

Can't send mail
Hi, Is there some kind of secret about sending mail? I haven't been able to figure out how to send emails with any of my different accounts with outlook. I can recieve them just fine but I can't send any. What configurations do I need? Thanks! Allstarpballer What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of account(s)? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Allstarpballer" <gamgeek@allstarpball.com> wrote in mess...

Messages delay...!!!!
I have Exchange 5.5 Standard and I Install other server in the same site Exchange 5.5 Enterprise. The messages delays after it has been sent. They appears in block after any client Outlook to send a new message, the same as if i sync in off-line mode. Is there paramters in the registry or other? please help me, JCR ...

Problems with sending PDF file attachment
Employee sending emails from home computer running Outlook 10. When she attaches a .pdf file, somehow the mail is duplicated and sent numerous times until she manually shuts down Outlook. Has anyone else experienced this problem. How does it get fixed? Thanks Duffbeerlvr <duffbeerlvr@yahoo.com> wrote: > Employee sending emails from home computer running Outlook 10. When > she attaches a .pdf file, somehow the mail is duplicated and sent > numerous times until she manually shuts down Outlook. Has anyone else > experienced this problem. How does it get fixed? This can be t...

Outlook Rule That Forwards after Time Delay if Message not Read
Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read after a certain amount of time, that Outlook will automatically forward a copy to someone else? I have Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Thanks. Nope. Rules run at the time of receipt or sending. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Sabrina" <spedeupe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152573563.135350.183000@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read > after a certain amount of ...

Outlook Task Deletion
I have a task which I am unable to delete using Outlook 2007 with Contact Manager. When I try to delete, an error message says it cannot find the task. The program will allow me to dismiss but not postpone or delete the task. What can I do to get rid of the year old task? Thanks ...

Having trouble getting FOR XML AUTO to send to client side script in ASP.Net
I am using SQLXML3 to return me XML formatted result. All the attributes are double quoted. When I try to response.write it as an XML data island to the client side like nothing comes over to the client. Sample result from SQL server: <Customers CustomerID="ANATR"><Orders ShipName="Ana Trujillo Emparedados y helados" ShipCity="M�xico D.F."/><Orders ShipName="Ana Trujillo Emparedados y helados" ShipCity="M�xico D.F."/><Orders ShipName="Ana Trujillo Emparedados y helados" ShipCity="M�xico xml island on the c...

Drag and drop with delayed rendering
Environment: Win2003, VS.NET 2003, unmanaged VC++ Hello, I'm trying to implement drag and drop feature into my client application. This application shows a ListView control, where the various items represent file which are located on a remote server. To be copied outside the client area they first need to be retieved from the server on a self-developed channel. That's because I need to employ delayed rendering. Here is what I do: I catch the win message with OnBeginDrag when the operation starts. Inside OnBeginDrag I instantiate an object derived from COleDataSource where I override O...

Automatically opening in compatibility mode
I created a new .dotx file in word 2007. When I go to use it in word 2007, it automatically opens in compatibility mode which makes the active x control features like drop downs not work. How can I make it open without being in compatibility mode? Compatibility mode is for Word 97-2003 templates and documents, only. I suspect what you are seeing is files opening in *Design* mode. You can turn it off by clicking the button on the Developer tab, but note that macro security forces Design mode. Rather than reducing the security level, I'd advise against using ActiveX con...