delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send

on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday
afternoon.

equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet
access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning.

Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed
connected to Exchange server during downtime.  During downtime,
Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay'
messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it
is now trying to send.

Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the
scheduled email were sent out.  User who scheduled the delayed email
received 4667 delivery status notifications.

Recipient received 9334 (double the number of delivery status
notifications) in his inbox.  Needless to say, the recipient was not
having a good Monday.  ;)

WTF??  Has anyone heard of this?  Very confusing, wouldn't expect
Exchange to be set to freak out as it's default action when trying to
send a delayed email and not having a connection out.

Haven't found anything in searches to explain, hoping someone out there
has an idea.

0
1cixkom02 (1)

sditguy <1cixkom02@sneakemail.com> wrote:

> WTF??  Has anyone heard of this?  Very confusing, wouldn't expect
> Exchange to be set to freak out as it's default action when trying to
> send a delayed email and not having a connection out.

You may get a better answer in an Exchange group, like
--
Brian Tillman
0

Emailing from Word 2000
Our company uses Office 2000 Standard and Outlook 2003. We are unable to send email from Word. I have seen on other forums that you need matching Outlook and Word versions to make that feature work. I have not found any validation that this is indeed the case on Microsoft. Can anyone validate that this is true? It has been a while since I used Word 2000, but I have no problem e-mailing from Word 2003 with Outlook 2007. However as Word 2000 pre-dates Outlook 2003, I do not believe that you will be able to use Word as e-mail editor (Outlook 2007 does not use Word as e-mail edito...

remove 5.5 exchange server
hi how I can do remove 5.5 exchange server from an 5.5 organization (location) perfectly - inclusive connectors ??? The exchangeserver is defective and can no more be started. thanks Arnim Hi, Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=189286 "Arnim Gļæ½rttner" <ArnimGrttner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:091E0CFE-0FF9-466D-866E-63A94E6A6927@microsoft.com... > hi > > how I can do remove 5.5 exchange server from an 5.5 organization > (location) > perfectly - inclusive connectors ??? > > The exchangeserver is defective and...

Typing delays
I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fast everything gets stuck and i have to slowly enter each letter. Can anyone help? Unlikely to be related to Outlook, esp. as it's happening in Word, too. Does it happen in, say, Notepad? I'd post in a group for your OS version. Renee wrote: > I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and > Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before > the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fa...

Delay in an action for certain time and then let it execute
How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute automatically. For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the form after 2 Minute time. How do this 2 min delay can be imposed? "aliz" <aliz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F82FA6-B807-4A70-A2F4-64932F83C778@microsoft.com... > How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute > automatically. > For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the > form > after 2 Minute time. > > How do this 2 m...

outlook displays error message when trying to send emails to emails addresses on a outside server
hi all, outlook is displaying the error message " server rejected the following receipients" error message when i try to send emails to email id's on a different server. However the emails ID's on the same server go thru without a problem. Can anybody please help me out of this ASAP. ...

Multiple Excel spreadsheets will not respond when opened from server
Using XP 2003 with server w/Windows 2000 Server software. XP is new installation. When opening Excel files on the network the first one and usually the second one opens okay. Usually the third file will require 100% of the CPU power and then all three files show up in the Windows Task Manager as "Not Responding". They continue to show up on the monitor, but after changing an entry and attempting to save they are "read only". No one else is using this file. What is the solution? I would suspect you're getting interruptions of service hits on the network.......I get them...

there is no such object on the server
We have a four node active passive active passive cluster. One of our virtual servers is ok but on the second when we try to right click and go into and exchange server mailbix store we get an error There is no such object on the server Facility Win32 ID no: c0072030 Exchange System Manager. any help or pointers would be much appreciated Is the VS running OK, all the mailboxes functioning? Is this error generated on the server itself or are you trying to do this remotely? Nue "soulwaxer" <soulwaxer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C051D0C-137D-411D-A948...

shared database on network server
I have a database on a shared folder network that can be accessed by about 50 people. I made sure it was in shared mode and there are no locks. if i access the database through my network folder through one of the drives everything is fine. however, if i use the hyperlink of the mapped database some problems arise. first of all when i (or the other people who i've asked to try this) open it, there is a security pop up that is an unknown publisher. you can either run or dont run. if you run (almost) everything works fine. you can edit the database. if you dont hit run, then its read ...

Tools options missing
I have a user that some how lost the tools option in the toolbar. Does anyone know how to get it back. Thanks for any help. See "Restore any Toolbar" http://www.officearticles.com/misc/menu_and_toolbar_tips_for_all_microsoft_office_applications.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Peter Sturm" <PeterSturm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C1329B4-E0D6-4369-9F6F-37CD0E0C068E@microsoft.com... > I have a user that some how lost the tools option in the toolbar. Does > anyone know how to get it ba...

Delayed sending of emails
Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would not go out . Right? Danz, you wrote on Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:38:00 -0700: > Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I > will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would > not go out . Right? That's right. But many email providers support that feature. If someone sends an email to you during your absence this mails will be replied automatically with an message th...

Option strict
Should that be on or off? (i know, dumb question) I'd assume on, but then so many things break looks like it will take long time to rewrite existing prog. example: Option Strict On disallows implicit conversions from 'Object' to 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.AcadApplication'. but the variable wasn't declared as Object it was early bound Private m_AcadApp As AcadApplication = Nothing ....then later Private Function GetAutoCADInstance() As AcadApplication Try m_AcadApp = Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.Application.AcadApplication Catch e...

How do I send email to contacts living in a specific location?
I have 3,340 subscribers to my periodic "Thing Grams" on VW Things and, on occasion, have a need to tailor these to specific regions or states. In OE all I had to do was click on a field at the top of the address book and it would sort by location and I would select the contacts I needed. Using Outlook "Help" between Accounts, Groups, Business contact mgrs, etc. I am completely snowed. How do I sort and send email to contacts from a specific location (field)? In the Select names dialog box the contacts are alphabetical and there is no way to sort by anything else a...

Permanent failure reported by policy group provider on Exchange 2003 SP2 server.
I recently added another Windows 2003 Server and added it to the domain. I then installed Exchange System Manager on this new server. (I applied SP2 for Exchange on this server). Since then I have been getting the following error in my event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Control Event ID: 8231 Date: 6/14/2006 Time: 8:06:13 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=System Policies,CN=PA,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration...

Creating new Servers
Hi I my Exchange System Manager , under the System Policies node i have a child node for Server Policy, if i right-click on this node i get the option Add Server... In the windows that shows i need to specify the name of a server (enter the object names to select examples) How do i create these Servers ??? TIA Barry "Barry" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote: > I my Exchange System Manager , under the System Policies node i have a >child node for Server Policy, if i right-click on this node i get the option >Add Server... > In the windows that shows i...

Email sits in Outbox
I know I have asked this question before and had the answer but new install and same problem. sending email in outlook 2003 and it will sit in the outbox untill I hit s/r a second time. Please help so I dont have to do this ;) Thanx JAS Disable your antivirus program that scans mail. See if this issue stops -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "Johnathon Aaron Steel" <me@u.ca> wrote in message news:56rh31hsb621cpi6hg3mh5u7jkei1s46h5@4ax.com... >I know I have asked this question before and had the answer but new > install and same proble...

Cannot send to Groups since last Microsoft update
Cannot send email to my groups in either Windows Mail (Vista) or on an older computer using XP and outlook express. No changes in that computer in over 6 months. I can send to individuals....just not groups. Groups number less then 20 people. Who is your mail service provider? Maybe they have reduced the maximum number of recipients. Give them a call. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "J. Wood" <J. Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:E8800419-D7F2-44B3-B915-...

Office 2007 save as delay
In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do it. If I click on the side icons (like My coputer or My document) it moves a bit quicker, but it is still delaying the saving process. In Windows, disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available. CristianA wrote: > In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the > default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do > it. If I click on the side icons (lik...

How to verify if Service Pack installed in Exchange Server
I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? Thanks in Advance.. -- Regards Sanjay Kumar On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:46:31 -0800, Sanjay Kumar <SanjayKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry >server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? > >Thanks in Advance.. Look in ESM, go down to "Servers" and look in the right pane. You will see all the servers there, together with what t...

Outlook Rule That Forwards after Time Delay if Message not Read
Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read after a certain amount of time, that Outlook will automatically forward a copy to someone else? I have Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Thanks. Nope. Rules run at the time of receipt or sending. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Sabrina" <spedeupe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152573563.135350.183000@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read > after a certain amount of ...

Digitally signed emails
I have three SMTP servers, all Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 running Exchange 2003 with SP1. Of these servers, I have one user who sends digitally signed emails. He just emailed me indicating that only one of the three servers is allowing digitally signed emails to be sent. I've never had a user doing this (or at least, I've never had a user tell me he has problems doing this) and am wondering what I need to look at in order to troubleshoot the matter. Where is the setting that permits/restricts the sending of digitally signed emails? Joe Grover ...

Option Group 04-19-10
I am new to using option groups. I will have several of them that will be a value of 1-5 and want to total them up in a report. Do I need a field for each option group? Are there field names that can be used to make it easier to total, ie grp1, grp2, etc.? Thanks, Les You've told us "how", but not "what". "How" depends on "what"! If you have data with values of 1-5, and "several of them", is there a chance you are working with something like a rating scale, or a survey? If so, you may benefit (*and get more...

repeated delivery of mail (100's) and log files grow until no spac
I have a couple of Users that suddenly get 100's of old mail redelivered and the Exchange logs build until the drive runs out of space. I had a low space issue to begin with. I just moved the database to a larger RAID drive. Any thoughts as to what was causing this problem? -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ Houston, TX "mrecomm101" <mrecomm101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3B0C429-D606-4EA8-9A51-3799844970FC@microsoft.com... >I have a couple of Users that suddenly get 100's of old mail redelivered ...

SQL Server Error during Import
Hello All, I'm seeing a strange behavior when trying to import the customization file from one environment to another for only 1 entity. I can import all entities except for the Order. I'm getting a generic SQL Server error occurred when it tries to import. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks! Hi, You could run a trace on sqlserver, or turn tracing on on the CRM server. Try to figure out which changes are applied to the crm server(s). I ran into this issue when I deleted/recreated fields. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com "MDV1457" wr...

Email duplication on pop 3 using multiple computers and leaving mail on the serv
Anyone else have this issue? Its a shared server at rackspace, and they are running cpanel on a lunix server. I am getting outlook 2003 downloading messages sometimes 20 times and my inbox is full of duplicates. ...

Messages delay...!!!!
I have Exchange 5.5 Standard and I Install other server in the same site Exchange 5.5 Enterprise. The messages delays after it has been sent. They appears in block after any client Outlook to send a new message, the same as if i sync in off-line mode. Is there paramters in the registry or other? please help me, JCR ...