Delayed Delivery not working in 2003

We are using Outlook 2003 Beta and exchange server 2000.
Delayed delivery of E-mail items are not working.  The
email process directly to the sent items folder but never
actually sends?
0
jr758 (2)

How are your Exchange accounts set up in Outlook - as classic on-line or as
cached-mode?

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Jason R" <jr@fbfguns.com> wrote in message
> We are using Outlook 2003 Beta and exchange server 2000.
> Delayed delivery of E-mail items are not working.  The
> email process directly to the sent items folder but never
> actually sends?

0
stephenson (1245)
8/12/2003 6:14:44 PM
I think we are set up as classic on-line.
0
Jruegge (2)
8/12/2003 6:29:02 PM
I'm setup as cached here and am having problems. After two days of using
cached mode (brand new computer, Office 2003 beta 2 with beta 2 refresh
installed) I noticed that incoming e-mails were no longer being delivered to
my inbox.

Also, I'm not seeing all my e-mails - about 50% of the older e-mails are not
visible. If I log on to a computer that has Outlook XP installed I see all
my e-mails.

Gabriel

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How are your Exchange accounts set up in Outlook - as classic on-line or
as
> cached-mode?
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
>

> "Jason R" <jr@fbfguns.com> wrote in message
> > We are using Outlook 2003 Beta and exchange server 2000.
> > Delayed delivery of E-mail items are not working.  The
> > email process directly to the sent items folder but never
> > actually sends?

0
gmichaud (2)
8/14/2003 12:15:29 AM
I'm answering on this thread to keep the thread in one post.  You said that
you're in cached-mode - in that case, mail should sit in the user's Outbox
until the delivery time has passed, at which point the message should be
pushed up to the Exchange server for delivery.  Outlook needs to be running
at or after the delivery time, though, for the message to be delivered.  In
online mode, the message is submitted to the Exchange server immediately
(there's nowhere else to put it in online mode) and the Exchange server
handles delivery.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How are your Exchange accounts set up in Outlook - as classic on-line or
as
> cached-mode?
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
>

> "Jason R" <jr@fbfguns.com> wrote in message
> > We are using Outlook 2003 Beta and exchange server 2000.
> > Delayed delivery of E-mail items are not working.  The
> > email process directly to the sent items folder but never
> > actually sends?

0
stephenson (1245)
8/14/2003 2:32:35 AM
Jeff,
I have tried both (On-Line and Cached mode) Outlook never
delivers the e-mail.  At the specified time it moves the
e-mail to the sent items folder without actually sending
it.  I have tried it on another workstation here in our
office and it does the exact same thing.  Is there
possibly a setup issue on the exchange side that we
missed or configured incorrectly?

Thank you.

confers no rights

>"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]"
<stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How are your Exchange accounts set up in Outlook - as
classic on-line or
>as
>> cached-mode?
>>
>> --
>> Jeff Stephenson
>> Outlook Development
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights

>> "Jason R" <jr@fbfguns.com> wrote in message
>> > We are using Outlook 2003 Beta and exchange server
2000.
>> > Delayed delivery of E-mail items are not working.
The
>> > email process directly to the sent items folder but
never
>> > actually sends?
>>

>.

0
Jruegge (2)
8/14/2003 1:56:32 PM
Have you checked that you don't have any funky views applied to your folders
that might be hiding some messages?

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Gabriel Michaud" <gmichaud@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm setup as cached here and am having problems. After two days of using
> cached mode (brand new computer, Office 2003 beta 2 with beta 2 refresh
> installed) I noticed that incoming e-mails were no longer being delivered
> my inbox.
>
> Also, I'm not seeing all my e-mails - about 50% of the older e-mails are
not
> visible. If I log on to a computer that has Outlook XP installed I see all
> my e-mails.
>
> Gabriel
>
> "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > How are your Exchange accounts set up in Outlook - as classic on-line or
> as
> > cached-mode?
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Stephenson
> > Outlook Development
rights

> > "Jason R" <jr@fbfguns.com> wrote in message
> > > We are using Outlook 2003 Beta and exchange server 2000.
> > > Delayed delivery of E-mail items are not working.  The
> > > email process directly to the sent items folder but never
> > > actually sends?

0
stephenson (1245)

Typing delays
I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fast everything gets stuck and i have to slowly enter each letter. Can anyone help? Unlikely to be related to Outlook, esp. as it's happening in Word, too. Does it happen in, say, Notepad? I'd post in a group for your OS version. Renee wrote: > I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and > Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before > the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fa...

Looking for Microsoft (freelance) engineers for project work
Hello Google-Microsoft engineers, we would like to invite you to join us at www.globalnettechs.com. We are currently building a worldwide network of hardware, software, and IT services suppliers. Customers post their requirements in our forum, and companies or individuals such as yourself can start bidding. Of the total fee, we deduct 5% for hardware and software purchases, and 15% for services. The issues can vary from hardware to software to network design or onsite support requests. The forum is currently divided by manufacturer, you can simply sign up and click on 'Watch this forum f...

Getting mdb to work in Access 2000 runtime / Slow in Access 2007
Our company recently rolled out new pcs (DuoCore P4 with 1 GB ram) with Office 2007 pre-installed. All my databases ran very smoothly when running in Access 2000 through 2003 on Pentium 2 pcs with 256 MB ram. Now with 2007, they run VERY slow. Just entering into a new field in a form (or even directly in a table) causes the cursor to pause anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds! What happens is the cursor will blink 2 or 3 times and then stop for 5 to 20 seconds - anything typed in while the cursor is paused will not show up when the cursor starts blinking again. You can imagine how annoying...

Outlook 2003 over RPC/HTTPS always ask password
Hi, Outlook 2003 cannot open mailbox over RPC/HTTPS, athough it works fine over RPC. I performed Q833401 completely but Outlook always ask for password. I tried to connect over internal network. Why it could happens? Best regards, Vit Knyshevich. "Vit Knyshevich" <abuse_vit_knysh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >Outlook 2003 cannot open mailbox over RPC/HTTPS, athough it works fine over >RPC. I performed Q833401 completely but Outlook always ask for password. I >tried to connect over internal network. Why it could happens? > >Best regards, >Vit Knyshevich. &g...

Delay in an action for certain time and then let it execute
How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute automatically. For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the form after 2 Minute time. How do this 2 min delay can be imposed? "aliz" <aliz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F82FA6-B807-4A70-A2F4-64932F83C778@microsoft.com... > How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute > automatically. > For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the > form > after 2 Minute time. > > How do this 2 m...

Outlook 2000 trnasfer to Outlook 2003
I'm installing a new desktop PC at home with XP and Office 2003. My previous desktop was a Win 98 with Office 2000. I have an address book in Outlook on my previous PC and e- mail folders that I would like to selectively copy to a floppy disk and transfer to my new PC Office 2000 Outlook program. I don't have a write capability on my CD drive with my previous PC. All the info in my address book and folders are very important and I need to load that on my new PC. If worse came to worse I could retype the info from my address book into the new Outlook program. I've got about 2...

Delayed sending of emails
Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would not go out . Right? Danz, you wrote on Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:38:00 -0700: > Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I > will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would > not go out . Right? That's right. But many email providers support that feature. If someone sends an email to you during your absence this mails will be replied automatically with an message th...

It is not working properly
Clearly, I have not installed the CA correctly, But there is more, when I removed the CA from the Default Website it works (kind of) It comes a white screen similar to OMA (wich is working fine). Could you advise me on that one? What are you trying to achieve? "Oliver Moazzezi" wrote: > What are you trying to achieve? > > I want the OWA working the way it was, now I found on the knowledge base ID:280823 (Troubleshooting OWA when the contents frame displays “Loading”) and I have done all it asked for but no results. I also, would like to enalbe SSL for my Vi...

Locking toolbars in Outlook 2003
I like to put all of my toolbars on just one line, but I can't find out how to lock the toolbars, once you have them setup the way that you like them. Steve Foulks <stevefoulks@chartermi.net> wrote: > I like to put all of my toolbars on just one line, but I > can't find out how to lock the toolbars, once you have > them setup the way that you like them. You can't lock the tool bars. -- Brian Tillman ...

Run Macro Automatically When Excel 2003 Opens
!!! HELP PLEASE !!!!! I have a password protected MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet with several Pivot Tables and numerous tabs collecting and displaying data based on these Pivot Tables. Specific individuals can open this MS Excel 2003 file for updates using a password and others simply open the file in "Read Only" mode. I have seven (7) Pivot Tables I need to have refreshed each time the MS Excel 2003 file opens. I created a macro called "RefreshAllPivotTables" in This Workbook. The macro goes to each of the Pivot Tables and refreshes the linked data wh...

exchange 2003 sp2 #12
right now im running windows 2003 enterprise ed 64 bit, i have ad and exchange 2003 and other servers as well.. i dont have sp2 on my exchange server yet. i want to install it especially since im gettin slammed with spam. now i understand sp2 is supposed to stop this, but will this create a bottleneck and slow down my incoming mail??? is sp2 the best remedy for spam? is there anything better? is sp2 even necesary to install or is it essential?? MS has intelligent message filtering which is their free product released with Exchange sp1. Sp2 has a newer version of this, so yes you wou...

Office 2007 save as delay
In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do it. If I click on the side icons (like My coputer or My document) it moves a bit quicker, but it is still delaying the saving process. In Windows, disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available. CristianA wrote: > In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the > default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do > it. If I click on the side icons (lik...

Outlook 2003 messages w/ large attachments
I have a couple of users that use POP3 mail and when they send a msg with a large attachment, the msg is sent multiple times and the msg never moves to the sent box. What could be the issue? I have had them make sure that they are not set to automatically send and recieve so there should not be an issue of the msg being sent again before it is sent the first time. I have also had them disable any virus scan of outgoing e-mail to see if this is an issue and neither of these seems to resolve the issue. Anyone else had this one? Oh, all updates have been installed, to XP Pro and to O...

1:4 ratio GC proces to Exchange 2003 procs
I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange processors as outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875427/en-us. Do you include the passive excahnge nodes in the equation? No since it's not actively talking to the GC so it's not using resources. The ratio does not really account for anything else that may be utilizing resources on your GC such as SPAM apps, directory synchs, or anthing else you may have as well. James Chong randomuser wrote: > I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange > processors as outlined in http://support.micros...

migration exchange 2003
We have an exchange Server 5.5 under windows 2000 running with to sites. In the next couple of month we would like to make an upgrade to active directory windows 2003 with exchange 2003 so is it possible with the exchange 2003 to just join the site in the existing exchange Server 5.5 and then move the mailboxes within the site and do i have to change both sites a once oder can i do this succesively. Any Yes, it is a good idea to join the existing site and then move the mailboxes to the exchange 2003. To migrate users from 2000 to 2003 you can use ADMT tools or make an In place upgrade...

Problem with smtp and exchange 2003 sp2
We have 1 SBS 2003 standard edition and an exchange 2003 server with default policies with smtp email adresses @abc.com (default) and @123.com. Before we upgraded to exchange sp2 users could recieve mail on the two adresses. Since we have upgraded the exchange server to sp2 we only receive mail on the @abc.com mailboxes. All mail that should be directed to the @123.com are not delivered to the mailboxes. Can anybody help us to solve this issue? Many thanks -- Nicolas Oggier Do the mailboxes have @123 addresses? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick ...

Outlook Rule That Forwards after Time Delay if Message not Read
Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read after a certain amount of time, that Outlook will automatically forward a copy to someone else? I have Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Thanks. Nope. Rules run at the time of receipt or sending. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Sabrina" <spedeupe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152573563.135350.183000@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read > after a certain amount of ...

repeated delivery of mail (100's) and log files grow until no spac
I have a couple of Users that suddenly get 100's of old mail redelivered and the Exchange logs build until the drive runs out of space. I had a low space issue to begin with. I just moved the database to a larger RAID drive. Any thoughts as to what was causing this problem? -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ Houston, TX "mrecomm101" <mrecomm101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3B0C429-D606-4EA8-9A51-3799844970FC@microsoft.com... >I have a couple of Users that suddenly get 100's of old mail redelivered ...

prints color, does show while working
previous post Thanks Ed but the 4 answere down did not cure the problem, any other sugestions? Charann Yes First continue the string and do not start a new question or noone will know what you are talking about. John G. "charann" <charann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:540450AB-0713-49F3-99F7-F2F21689B600@microsoft.com... > previous post > Thanks Ed but the 4 answere down did not cure the problem, any > other sugestions? > Charann View, pictures, detailed display... Is your printer driver current? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mic...

Contacts not apearing in Outlook 2003
I'm moving files (from a desktop (Windows XP Pro) to a new laptop with Windows 7. Outlook 2003 is installed on both. After copying and pasting the Outlook .pst file (from desktop to laptop via a USB memory stick), all of the mail and mail folders appear with no problems. When I select new mail message and to:, the contacts do not appear. What am I missing here? Is there something else that I need to do? Thanks...Dan "Dan" <threebears@grandmashouse.com> wrote in message news:C9GdnXhqSt0USGDXnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d@earthlink.com... > I'm moving files ...

Access 2003 Query design
I lost my query design grid-it is not showing up. I can only see the selected tables and relationships in the upper part of the design screen - any idea how I can make the grid display? Maximize the window. So the grid has room to be displayed OR Drag the bottom of the window down OR Drag the bottom of the upper part up so there is room for the grid to show. If none of those work, you can switch to SQL view, copy the SQL, create a new query, paste the SQL in SQL View and then switch back to Design (Grid) view. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Deve...

RPC Error with Outlook 2003 and Exchange server 2000
If you are getting an error when attempting to connect a newly installed version of Outlook 2003 to an existing 2000 Exchange server and are wondering why the following solution doesn't work - make the registry entries ON THE SERVER and boot the pile of crap and it should start working. Mickeysoft doesn't bother to tell you that they need to be in both locations for there crapware to work. (sorry for the bluntness - but I've spent two days troubleshooting this stupid thing to narrow it down to a problem that (1) isn't documented accuratly and (2) a problem that is clearly an ...

Sort of customized enterprise fields does not work
This question may/may not have been answered ad-nauseum already, but I did not find it immediately when I did a search so I apologize in advance. If we have created customized fields for our My Task view, is there any way to make those fields sortable at all? I did a few mock tests of adding a new customized field and customized view, but did not see where I could make the desired customized field sortable like they are for the default/existing enterprise fields out of the box. Thanks....any help on this is greatly appreciated. ...

Large (5 1/2 x 8 1/2) postcards on Publisher 2003
I can't figure out how to create 2 postcards instead of 4 on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Each postcard needs to be 1/2 of the page. Page setup, custom, type 8.5 width, 5.5 height, portrait. Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pjraser" <pjraser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB43381E-B0AE-455D-8CF3-AF0EF542DCFB@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to create 2 postcards instead of 4 on 8 1/2 x 11 > paper. Each postcard need...

Outlook 2003 graphics & Word
Hello Folks, I still experimenting with Graphics and Outlook and I just noticed something. A 96 DPI picture looks perfect on Word and Corel, so I guess that's Word's Page DPI. Now here is another problem, for testing I send that picture and another to my self on another accound, in the mail I got back, both picture were the SAME SIZE and at 64 DPI. Same size means on the page they the same size but compare to the original the were samaller, so is the dpi from 96 down to 64. Now what is going on here ? Thanks. ...