Delay send rule -- too slow #2

I have set my Outlook rules to delay my outgoing mail from being sent
by 1 minute, but I have noticed that the  delay time is not accurate.
Both at my current job and my previous job I noticed that a 1 minute
delay actually takes closer to 2.5 minutes to send, and this is a
little too long in my line of work.  Is there any way to improve the
accuracy of the speed at which mail is sent under this rule? Outlook
allows only whole numbers in this rule, so you can't, for example, set
a 0.5 minute delay.

Many thanks.

Creating a workflow rule to e-mail if service activity is not closed
We are new to CRM workflow. We want to create a workflow process that will e-mail the person assigned to a service appointment if they have NOT closed the appointment within 24 hours after the scheduled end. How do we trigger the rule to run at creation, but wait for the 24 hour period after the scheduled end to send the e-mail? Thanks, Gavin Hi Gavin, It just so happens that I made a blog post about this 2 days ago :). Take a look at www.cwrmobility.com/weblog, it includes a screenshot of the workflow. You have to use a timer condition that waits until 24 hours after the schedu...

Subtraction #2
I am trying to do a formula in which I take the total of Column J39 and Subtract from it C38 to H38. How can I do this. I am just learning formulas. Sorry for the dumbness. Thanks, Vanessa Vanessa: =J39 - SUM(C38:H38) Stan "vANESSA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ced01c47b17$04a2aa10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to do a formula in which I take the total of > Column J39 and Subtract from it C38 to H38. How can I do > this. > > I am just learning formulas. Sorry for the dumbness. > > Thanks, > Vanessa Thank ...

Failure to send e-mail
Have received the follwoing 2 messages as being unable to deliver e-mails, one was to a .net address the other to a .co.u anyone got any ideas what the problem is and how to resolv 1. There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 mail from 212.69.243.42 rejected: administrative prohibition (host is blacklisted) 2. there was a SMTP communicatio problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator <stl-server.stlsystems.com #5.5.0 sm...

Getting mdb to work in Access 2000 runtime / Slow in Access 2007
Our company recently rolled out new pcs (DuoCore P4 with 1 GB ram) with Office 2007 pre-installed. All my databases ran very smoothly when running in Access 2000 through 2003 on Pentium 2 pcs with 256 MB ram. Now with 2007, they run VERY slow. Just entering into a new field in a form (or even directly in a table) causes the cursor to pause anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds! What happens is the cursor will blink 2 or 3 times and then stop for 5 to 20 seconds - anything typed in while the cursor is paused will not show up when the cursor starts blinking again. You can imagine how annoying...

outlook displays error message when trying to send emails to emails addresses on a outside server
hi all, outlook is displaying the error message " server rejected the following receipients" error message when i try to send emails to email id's on a different server. However the emails ID's on the same server go thru without a problem. Can anybody please help me out of this ASAP. ...

Delay in an action for certain time and then let it execute
How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute automatically. For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the form after 2 Minute time. How do this 2 min delay can be imposed? "aliz" <aliz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F82FA6-B807-4A70-A2F4-64932F83C778@microsoft.com... > How do i delay an action for certain time and then let it execute > automatically. > For an example i want some action to execute and then need to close the > form > after 2 Minute time. > > How do this 2 m...

Typing delays
I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fast everything gets stuck and i have to slowly enter each letter. Can anyone help? Unlikely to be related to Outlook, esp. as it's happening in Word, too. Does it happen in, say, Notepad? I'd post in a group for your OS version. Renee wrote: > I am having intermittent problems in both Outlook and > Word. When I type, there is a significant lag time before > the letters appear on the screen and if I type too fa...

combining 2 columns of data
hello my problem is i have a list of names (one column of first names, and one column of last names), my boss says we need to have the first and last names in the same column. Is there any way that the Data can be combined without having to retype all 5000 names?? You can write a formula in a new cell to combine cells. For instance if the first name is in A1 and the last name is in B1, you can write a formula in C1 like this: =A1&" "&B1 This joins the value of A1 with a space and the value of B1. If you need to you can arrange it to be last name comma first name: =B1&a...

Delayed sending of emails
Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would not go out . Right? Danz, you wrote on Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:38:00 -0700: > Does my computer have to be on to send delayed sending of email messages/ I > will be out of town and my computer off - so I assume that the message would > not go out . Right? That's right. But many email providers support that feature. If someone sends an email to you during your absence this mails will be replied automatically with an message th...

How do I send email to contacts living in a specific location?
I have 3,340 subscribers to my periodic "Thing Grams" on VW Things and, on occasion, have a need to tailor these to specific regions or states. In OE all I had to do was click on a field at the top of the address book and it would sort by location and I would select the contacts I needed. Using Outlook "Help" between Accounts, Groups, Business contact mgrs, etc. I am completely snowed. How do I sort and send email to contacts from a specific location (field)? In the Select names dialog box the contacts are alphabetical and there is no way to sort by anything else a...

Office 2007 save as delay
In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do it. If I click on the side icons (like My coputer or My document) it moves a bit quicker, but it is still delaying the saving process. In Windows, disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available. CristianA wrote: > In Office 2007, when I try to save a document in another folder than the > default one it starts indexing my root files... and it takes some time to do > it. If I click on the side icons (lik...

Cannot send to Groups since last Microsoft update
Cannot send email to my groups in either Windows Mail (Vista) or on an older computer using XP and outlook express. No changes in that computer in over 6 months. I can send to individuals....just not groups. Groups number less then 20 people. Who is your mail service provider? Maybe they have reduced the maximum number of recipients. Give them a call. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "J. Wood" <J. Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:E8800419-D7F2-44B3-B915-...

Send mail fails to multiple recipients
I cannot send email to more than two recipients. If I add any more recipients in the To: box, the message is not delivered. Message tracking center displays the following.. SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue SMTP: Advanced Queue Failed to Deliver Message Any clues how I can fix this? "Steve Bruce" <steve@bruce.com> wrote in message news:4135f5b1$0$25424$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com... >I cannot send email to more than two recipients. > > If I ...

Any way to default to "Send now" instead of "Edit before sending"?
When responding to a meeting request in Outlook 2007, is there a way to make it default to "Send the response now" instead of "Edit the response before sending"? RNW;118796 Wrote: > When responding to a meeting request in Outlook 2007, is there a way to > make > it default to "Send the response now" instead of "Edit the response > before > sending"? I don't believe it's possible to modify that. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Calendars #2
Schedule of Events is visible but not avtive on a Calendar. How do you make of use of a schedule and activate it in a Calendar. ...

sending email
New to outlook, Once I have composed my message and try to send, outlook will not send. I save the email and when I go back to my inbox I find the message as not yet sent. It will send at this point when I select send. Why can't I send when I first create the message? What do you mean when you say it will not send. Do you get an error? Ray at work "Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:039101c39da1$dcad0d50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > New to outlook, > > Once I have composed my message and try to send, outlook > will not send. I ...

Can't send mail
Hi, Is there some kind of secret about sending mail? I haven't been able to figure out how to send emails with any of my different accounts with outlook. I can recieve them just fine but I can't send any. What configurations do I need? Thanks! Allstarpballer What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of account(s)? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Allstarpballer" <gamgeek@allstarpball.com> wrote in mess...

Large (5 1/2 x 8 1/2) postcards on Publisher 2003
I can't figure out how to create 2 postcards instead of 4 on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Each postcard needs to be 1/2 of the page. Page setup, custom, type 8.5 width, 5.5 height, portrait. Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pjraser" <pjraser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB43381E-B0AE-455D-8CF3-AF0EF542DCFB@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to create 2 postcards instead of 4 on 8 1/2 x 11 > paper. Each postcard need...

Messages delay...!!!!
I have Exchange 5.5 Standard and I Install other server in the same site Exchange 5.5 Enterprise. The messages delays after it has been sent. They appears in block after any client Outlook to send a new message, the same as if i sync in off-line mode. Is there paramters in the registry or other? please help me, JCR ...

Upgrade 1.0 to 1.2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3C0B8.E8BE58D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! Anyone know who to contact at Microsoft to upgrade my NFR copy of = 1.0 CRM to 1.2 CRM. I guess I need the upgrade to make it work with SBS = 2003. gary ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3C0B8.E8BE58D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD&...

Problems with sending PDF file attachment
Employee sending emails from home computer running Outlook 10. When she attaches a .pdf file, somehow the mail is duplicated and sent numerous times until she manually shuts down Outlook. Has anyone else experienced this problem. How does it get fixed? Thanks Duffbeerlvr <duffbeerlvr@yahoo.com> wrote: > Employee sending emails from home computer running Outlook 10. When > she attaches a .pdf file, somehow the mail is duplicated and sent > numerous times until she manually shuts down Outlook. Has anyone else > experienced this problem. How does it get fixed? This can be t...

Slow Performance in 2007
My big files are prohibitively slow in 2007, i'm thinking of going back to 03. Is it becuase these are converted 2003 files? if i rebuild them from scratch in 07 will the percformanc improve, or does this software really drag this badly. Any experiences would be appreciated. Michael ...

Outlook Rule That Forwards after Time Delay if Message not Read
Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read after a certain amount of time, that Outlook will automatically forward a copy to someone else? I have Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Thanks. Nope. Rules run at the time of receipt or sending. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Sabrina" <spedeupe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152573563.135350.183000@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to set up an Outlook Rule that if a message is not read > after a certain amount of ...

Outlook slow following windows/office update
My Outlook 2002 is maddeningly slow following updates....cannot uninstall office SP2. Outlook runs very slowly when clicking from one folder or email message to the next..........even on already read messages. Any ideas? I might have to uninstall the whole lot & start again as it is so annoying, but I'd rather not have to....PDA sync to re set up etc! Thanks Julie Try turning off the "Instant Messaging" Open the TOOLS menu Select OPTIONS... Select the OTHER tab Turn off the check mark next to "Enable Instant Messaging on Microsoft Outlook" -- Nikki Peterson...

rules in Outlook 2002
Hello, I'm using Windows Vista Premium (64 Bit). I've also got Outlook 2002 on my computer. I'm now trying to set up a new email Rule. I cannot find the Rule option under the Tools Bar. I had it there a month ago and set us several rules. It's gone. Any idea on how to get this back? Thank you. Aaron Email without Rules wrote: > I'm using Windows Vista Premium (64 Bit). I've also got Outlook 2002 on my > computer. I'm now trying to set up a new email Rule. I cannot find the > Rule option under the Tools Bar. I had it there a...