Define view in a Task dashboard?

I've built a couple of Outlook digital dashboards in the past, but I'm
having trouble with my latest in Outlook 2003. Hopefully someone here
can help. Please forgive the cross-posting; I wasn't sure in which
group I'd find the most people familiar with digital dashboards.

In the past, the below code worked perfectly.

<OBJECT ID="Tasks" height=500 width=437
classid=CLSID:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046>
	<PARAM NAME="Folder" VALUE="Tasks">
	<PARAM NAME="View" VALUE="Simple List">
	<PARAM NAME="Namespace" VALUE="MAPI">
	<PARAM NAME="Restriction" VALUE="">
	<PARAM NAME="DeferUpdate" VALUE="0">
</OBJECT>

Now, the View param malfunctions. If the View param is in the code,
the dashboard shows the Inbox rather than Tasks. If the View param is
removed, it shoes Tasks, but with the default Outlook view.

I need to show a dashboard with Tasks displayed in the Simple List
view, regardless of the user's Outlook Tasks folder view. Help?

Thanks,

Pariah

Pariah Burke
Imaginations UNlimited
----------------------
www.imaginations.com
darkhorse (2)

Known problem. Use script, not a parameter assignment to set the view. See
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/formcontrols.htm#ovc
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Pariah Burke" <darkhorse@newsfeeds.com> wrote in message
> I've built a couple of Outlook digital dashboards in the past, but I'm
> having trouble with my latest in Outlook 2003. Hopefully someone here
> can help. Please forgive the cross-posting; I wasn't sure in which
> group I'd find the most people familiar with digital dashboards.
>
> In the past, the below code worked perfectly.
>
> <OBJECT ID="Tasks" height=500 width=437
> classid=CLSID:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046>
> <PARAM NAME="Folder" VALUE="Tasks">
> <PARAM NAME="View" VALUE="Simple List">
> <PARAM NAME="Namespace" VALUE="MAPI">
> <PARAM NAME="Restriction" VALUE="">
> <PARAM NAME="DeferUpdate" VALUE="0">
> </OBJECT>
>
> Now, the View param malfunctions. If the View param is in the code,
> the dashboard shows the Inbox rather than Tasks. If the View param is
> removed, it shoes Tasks, but with the default Outlook view.
>
> I need to show a dashboard with Tasks displayed in the Simple List
> view, regardless of the user's Outlook Tasks folder view. Help?

0
suemvp (4038)
2/8/2004 7:37:40 PM
Sue:

Thanks.

I tried to follow your example at
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=62, but with the below
code I still get only the inbox. I've tried changing the id to equal
"Tasks", but no dice. Can you help me adjust the object to show the
user's Tasks in Simple View?

<object classid="clsid:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046" width=268
height=437 id="ViewCtlFolder"
data="DATA:application/x-oleobject;BASE64,Y/AGAAAAAADAAAAAAAAARgACAADYEwAA2BMAAAgAAAAAAAgAAAAAAAgACgAAAE0AQQBQAEkAAAAJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAALAAAA"
VIEWASTEXT>
</object>

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:37:40 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP]"
<suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:

> Known problem. Use script, not a parameter assignment to set the view. See
> http://www.slipstick.com/dev/formcontrols.htm#ovc

Pariah Burke
Imaginations UNlimited
----------------------
www.imaginations.com
darkhorse (2)

Share Task List
User has Outlook 2003 & we have a corporate Exchange server I have a user that has created a second task folder (File > Folder > New Folder...) They went into Sharing and on the Permissions tab setup the people who should have access. The other people to whom access was given can't seem to find this task folder. In the "Open Other User's Folder" they only have the default Folder type. When they pick tasks it tells them it can't find it. To test this out I had the user give same permissions to the default task and that can be opened no problem. It seems t...

changing default view on print preview of report
How do you change the default zoom level when you click on print preview button for a report? 100% does not give me enough detail, and when I click on the magnifying glass icon, it only takes me up to about %125. I would like it to show me the report at 200% by default. Also, is there a way to zoom in on the report design view? I am trying to micro adjust a report that needs to use pretty small font (like 6 points) and it's a real pain. Thanks, --b Hi If you are going to be using the zoom for a while you could just alter the screen resolution to show more. Or With report in previe...

early in the view
What is the earliest point, in the construction of my view, that I can call GetClientRect( ) or use a device context? I am wanting to initialize some metrics variables, based in part upon screen resolution, i.e. GetDeviceCaps( ). Steve Russell wrote: >What is the earliest point, in the construction of my view, that I can call >GetClientRect( ) or use a device context? > >I am wanting to initialize some metrics variables, based in part upon screen >resolution, i.e. GetDeviceCaps( ). For a plain old window, I'd say WM_CREATE. For a dialog, I'd say WM_INITDIALOG. For ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ?
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman Change the view/arrange by settings in the Sent Items folder instead. Use Outlook's Navigation Pane view to make it easier to configure. "...

Outlook 2002 opens IE when viewing hotmail folders
I'm at a loss with this one. There are 4 computers at my location. All of them are running XP Professional and Office XP Professional with Frontpage. All the latest updates and service packs (except XP SP2) have been applied to all of the installations. All of the installations use internet only email setup (no MS Exchange) and all of the installations have at least one hotmail account setup. The problem is that on two of the computers, when ever a hotmail folder is accessed, it displays the items in Outlook but also opens up an instance of Internet Explorer that displays the same item...

[MS Project] Automatically changing font color when task complete
Hi, I did some reading up on macros and while they will fit the bill I'd like to have the text color change without a key press. So, the question is how do I automatically change the color of a task based on events? Specifically, if the task goes to 100% complete, or not 100%, how can I automatically change the text color on these events? Can VBA scripts be written for use in Project 2007? Thanks, Andy Hi Andy, There is a project.vba group that you may want to pose your question to. Andrew Falanga wrote: > Hi, > > I did some reading up on macros and whil...

Viewing all contents of a Task
Outlook 2003 If I have a Task open, where is the menu item which would allow me to view the contents of all the task fields as a list. For messages, there is an All Fields tab (All Contact Fields), but when you are looking at an open Task, there does not appear to be a way to view all the task contents. Thank you for the feedback. A better way to do this would be to look at a table view of your Tasks folder, such as By Category, then use the Field Chooser and choose "All Task Fields" to see the full list of fields available. Of course, even if you add one of the fields ...

View by sender error
Hi, I've installed Outlook 2003 pointing at an Exchange 2000 server on my laptop. When I select the option to view mail by sender in my Inbox I get an error saying "Outlook cannot display this item". All the other options work i.e. "Unread messages in the folder" etc. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Calendar view problem
The calendar view seems corrupt for one of my outlook 2000 users. When I try to resolve the issue by right clicking on the calendar: under general \ when posting to this folder it should be appointment but it says post ,and it will not let me change it to appointment. Any ideas What version of Outlook and is this with an Exchange server? What version for Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After sear...

views on PPT 2010 beta
01) Fresh and smart looking slide transitions which can be minutely time conrolled 02) copy animations to other objects (great time saver for repeat animation actions) 03) NOT HAPPY WITH the fact there ARE NO NEW ANIMATIONS (NOT A SINGLE ONE ) AT ALL. When MS can add dyamic directX slide transitions i cnnot understand why a library of dynamic directX and other 3D exit and entry animations could not have been added. Those who are experimenting or playing arund with the beta please append and post other additions, omissions or modifcations here in preparation for office 2010! ...

Viewing chart code
Is there a way to look at all the structure or code for a chart at once when I say code what I mean is like in the source data menu you ca select a series and the formulas for "Name" "Values" etc. is displaye for editing. an example is " VALUE = 'Xbar R PHASE MOD2'!$D$44:$L$44" Is there a way to display all the information for all the sources in table or ... ? It would make troubleshooting complex tables and massiv alterations much easier. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hammer - I don't know of a way that Excel does this...

How does the time interval work on a calendar view?
I'm trying to create a calendar view based on a custom list on a team services site. The list has a column to indicate if it should be displayed in the calendar view. The list also has a 'date' column which indicates the date that the item in the list is due. When I create a calendar view the only options I get for time interval are 'created' and 'modified'. So, when I create the calendar view all of the items that should be displayed show up on the same date (either the date I created or modified the item). I'd like the items to show up on th...

How can I define Erf (the error function) for both negative and p.
How can I make Excel evaluate the error function for both negative and positive numbers? ...

is there a quick way of getting rid of custom views?
Hi (again) :) i have auto-filtered my data. and have now save it as a custom view. i have now selected custom view. now i want to get back to the original view (unfiltered and unhidden) is there a quick way of doing this? other than going to each tab an clicking "show all" the only way i can think of is to save a custom view called UNFILTERED. but this works only if i remember to do this BEFORE started to filter/hide. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sokevin You could just try switching off all filters by clicking Data/Filter/Autofilter. Seamu -...

Cannot format Horizontal label where axis is defined as $A$2:$B$30
Cannot format Horizontal label where axis is defined as $A$2:$B$30. I have the x-axis defined as 2 columns, but when I format the label, only the second value follows the format. Col A is a date and Col B is the day of the week. Trying to get the legand to have the letters up and down but only the col B values are following the chart formatting command. Hi, When you have a chart with a dual-category axis the primary labels are usually horizontal and the secondary labels direction depends on the amount of space needed to display them. If the lables take up a lot of room they will go ...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Task status problem #2
Hello, I will explain my problem step by step: 1- I create a task and assign it to somebody. 2- He receives the task and accepts it. 3- He completes the task 4- I receive an e-mail saying that the task I assigned is complete 5- Despite the email I receive, the task starus does not change when I check the Tasks folder? I would really appreciate it if anyone can help, because all the tasks in the office are messed up at the moment. We cant keep track of anything. How long do you wait? It can take about 2 minutes. Does the task update arrive as plain text or RTF format? If it's...

How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to. We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details. Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see Tasks. If in the Task Folder, what View are you in? If in Tasks folder you probably need to turn on in-line editing. Regards Judy Gle...

Datasheet View Record to be displayed in a Individual Form.
I have a a form that's in Datasheet View and I'm looking for a way whenever I click a specific record on the Datasheet view that I would want a Form to open with the relevant information from the line I was on in datasheet view. I know I should use the DoubleClick Event , but could not retrieve the record no matter what I do Could someone assist me with this? Please Help Any help would be appreciated. Use the form's OnCurrent event to run DoCmd.OpenForm or something else. Also consider using a subform datasheet if that's available in your version of Access. Jasmin...

user define message error! #2
Hi! I created a SDI app and I want to show a dialog after creating SDI, therefore I defined an user define message #define WMU_STARTUP (WM_APP+10) and call it from CSDIView::OnInitUpdate() with PostMessage(WM_STARTUP). In debug version it work correctly but in release version it generates an Application Error after close the program. what's the problem? Thankx ...

Allowed to view and edit all customers
When I unselect the check box for Allowed to view and edit customers under cashier security, the cashier seems to still be able to edit or delete the customer at will. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Change the security status of the screen by using the left tab on screen near the F7 key. Then secure the customer screen by clicking F7 then press ctrl S together and select the options you want to block for security reasons. For example, I have two people only that can delete an account for everyone else that option is not available the button is grey. You can customize every tab th...

How do I show my header in regular view on excel?
Windows XP Professional I'm not shure what version of excel, but I don't think it matters. Hi Dudley by header, do you mean, file / page setup / headers & footer - type header? if so you can only see this in print preview not in normal view. Cheers JulieD "Dudley" wrote: > Windows XP Professional I'm not shure what version of excel, but I don't > think it matters. you can display some of the same information ,do you have a typed header or just file page tab time etc......... -- hope this helps Paul "JulieD" wrote: > Hi Dudley >...

Alter View Defaults
It seems View defaults for "Arrange by" is set to "Show in groups" and "reading pane" is set to "on". How do I set the default for "arrange by"; "show in groups" to off and "reading pane" to none. Seems I can only change one view at a time for each folder. Greg See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm for the necessary steps. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engin...

Cannot view form in form view
This seems relatively simple but I can't fix it. I have been creating forms using the wizard with no problems for several months. However, all of a sudden, when I use the wizard to create a form, I cannot view anything (except the header) in form view. In design view everything sems to be in working order, but when I swith to form view the page is blank, and I can't enter any data. Does anyone have any suggestions they can offer? I have beem messing with this for hours and can't figure it out. Thanks for any help or suggestions! Jen S. JenS, Is the form is based on a que...

Changing reverence in 'view' dropdowns
i.e. I want to change all references of 'account' to "company" The drop list selector in the upper right of some forms has a reference to Account view... I have not been able to locate the place in settings where I can modify that. Any hints?... These are the names of views - so you have to go to Settings/Customisation/Customise Entities/Accounts/Forms and Views - and then select each view in turn, and change the name. If you really want to change *everything* - that is, every reference of 'Account' should be 'Company', then you'll probably have t...