Defaulting an mail account in Outlook 2000

Hello,

I am running Outlook 2000, installed for supporting corporate messaging
services (not internet e-mail only).
I set up 2 internet e-mail accounts (A and B) using the "internet e-mail
service".
I want B to be my default account, so that when I send a mail, the sender be
the one defined in the account B, but Outlook always take the sender's
address of account A.

How can I change this ?

Thanks in advance for any help ?

Bertrand
Tokyo, Japan

You will need to toggle the default sending account when you want to change
this.   Tools->services is where you can change this.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bertrand asked:

| Hello,
|
| I am running Outlook 2000, installed for supporting corporate
| messaging services (not internet e-mail only).
| I set up 2 internet e-mail accounts (A and B) using the "internet
| e-mail service".
| I want B to be my default account, so that when I send a mail, the
| sender be the one defined in the account B, but Outlook always take
| the sender's address of account A.
|
| How can I change this ?
|
| Thanks in advance for any help ?
|
| Bertrand
| Tokyo, Japan

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Outlook 2007 #39
I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific text" OR "other text" not for "specific text" AND "other text". How can I get it to search using an "AND" argument? Thanks. > I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming > messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The > problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific tex...

Installing Outlook plugin for CRM
While installing Sales For Outlook I get an installation error stating that the process has prematurely terminated. I am running Office XP, Windows XP SP 1. Cannot find any help on technet or MSDN. Anyone have any clues? ...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Editing, encoding and saving messages in OUTLOOK 2007
I came across a very peculiar phenomenon in OUTLOOK 2007. I edit received messages by deleting the “history” (the previous correspondence included by the sender) and leave only the new text written by the sender. I then save the messages “AS PLAIN TEXT”. The motivation is to keep the PST file small. When I reopen one of those edited received messages, I notice that the ENCODING is “Western European (Windows)”. When I change the ENCODING to “US ASCII”, ALL THE DELETED TEXT REAPPEARS! The described strange phenomenon implies that OUTLOOK didn’t actually delete the text rem...

outlook express #122
I can't delete email from the inbox? Does anyone have any answers to this? "Colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048a01c3dae3$21e5de50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I can't delete email from the inbox? Does anyone have any > answers to this? Your Inbox is corrupted. Move any mails you want to keep into a folder you have created. Close OE. delete Inbox.dbx. Restart OE. BTW, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Opening Links in E-mail messages
I have just installed Outlook 2007 and find that when I try to open a web link within the e-mail message I get the following message: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Contact System admin" I have read and tried most of the solutions on here suggesting reseting internet options and changing my default browser, none of them seem to work for me. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I am using Windows 7, Outlook 2007 and IE 8 On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 07:56:01 -0800, Ian-Cardiff <Ian-Cardiff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Outlook Mail Deleting
In Outlook 2003, In the >Tools>Options>Other In the "General" section when you have a check mark in the "Empty the Deleted Item folder upon exiting" Item will not delete when you close outlook. At times, you can manually delete the files and when you open Outlook again, they are still there. Also, hold true for the sent folder. It takes a combination of rebooting, unchecking and rechecking the option to make it work again. I have used the detect and repair option with no success. What can I do to fix this? Thanks JW Does it help if you use th...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Shortcut for mail accounts
Using OL 2002 SP2 on XP Pro SP1 Hi all, Is it possible to create a shortcut for the individual mail accounts that I use that will show up as icons under My Shortcuts on the left side of the UL window pane? I was looking for something along the line of what appears there with the Hotmail account that I now have. The icon will show how many emails in the account as it does in the Hotmail one. I'm trying to do this so I can monitor an account that I have at my ISP that filters spam out to a separate account. What I have to do now is open that account separately to check the volume of ju...

Outlook 2003
Hello! I`ve got a problem, maybe it comes together with autoarchive. I can send mails from all my accounts installed on Outlook 2003. But when i click for receiving Mails, i get the infomation that i`ve got no authorisation to do this. I am the Administrator, and all rights are given to me! It would be very nice if anyone can help me! Thanks! Gery ...

Office Products can't send mail through WLM (General mail failure)
Office Pro 2007 and latest patches XP Pro SP3 IE8 Windows Live Mail (Set as default email client) Open Excel Open an Existing spread sheet File (Office Orb)->Send->E-Mail Error Message "General mail failure. Quit Microsoft Office Excel, restart the mail system, and try again." I have tried to repair Office Verified WLM is the default email client though IE tools-Options Run FixMapi.exe (this sometimes works when Excel is open, but will fail the next you start Excel to send again) I should add that I can right click on a file in explore and ...

What is error# 0x80040102, my Domino connector is not reading mail
My calendar & tasks are read by the outlook easily but fails to read mails. It's working for perfect for a collague but fails on me every time. Finally this is the error which is shown by the replicator. ...

smtpsvc errors and now no outgoing mail
My sbs2000 server will no longer allow outgoing mail, I started to get these two error messages: The description for Event ID ( 4005 ) in Source ( smtpsvc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 0, 0, 0. The description for Event ID ( 756 ) in Source ( smtpsvc ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following infor...

After restore can't see the e-mail in outlook
Want to know if someone experienced this problem or know a solution for this prob . One user and is mailbox got deleted, and the mailbox had been purge, so I recreate is account and mailbox go in my Backup exec 8.6 with the exchange agent and do a restore of is mailbox, everything is fine, see all is e-mail in the status windows, restore completed successful in system manager I see that he have 210 object and xx kb so I reconfigure is outlook, but no e-mail are showing.. The only case that I saw with this prob was the language of the outlook, but it is the same as before. I tried the Exmerge...

Can I change the organizer of an Outlook 2007 meeting?
If a meeting is already set up by another user, is there a way to change the organizer (by the original organizer or another) instead of having to delete the original and resending out a new one? Thanks! No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outl...

Windows Mail
I have a website with an email account (Mr Site) and I want to transfer the 30 folder from theer to Windows Mail. Each folders may have a dozen emails in, and the amount will increase in folders and email over the next 12 months. Is it o.k to do this, or will I be overloading the mail account? Kind regards Mel You won't overload your mail account locally by doing this. Windows Mail will handle hundreds of thousands of messages. steve "Melanie Garney" <Melanie Garney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A87B91E-987A-45B0-8412-BF3E48...

Outlook 2007 Instant Search NAG bar
Outlook has a yellow bar across the top that says "Click here to enable Instant Search" How can I get rid of the yellow bar that looks like Warning, without installing the search engine ? (I tried enabling it, just get rid of the Yellow bar. My hard drive never stopped grinding for 2 days. I finally unistalled it because I didn't really care about fast searching - - - I was just trying to get rid of the Yellow bar) Thank You "steveb" <swb_mct@msn.com> wrote: > >Outlook has a yellow bar across the top that says "Click here to enable >I...

Outgoing E-mail #2
I use verizon dsl, and have no problem sending out emails from home. Recently I have taken it to a friends office who also uses Verizon dsl, but I cannot send e-mails using his connection. I have tried setting up a new account, but that hasnt worked either. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Check your SMTP server settings - are you set to authenticate to the Verizon SMTP server? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I use verizon dsl, and have no problem sending out emails > from home. Recently I have taken it to a friends office who > also uses Verizon dsl, but I...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar? #2
Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only prints 1024. How can I print all? Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. Use a smaller font. Widen the column width lengthen the row height. Curious wrote: > > Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only > prints 1024. How can I print all? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Thanks, but none of your suggestions work. I'm using Excel 2003 by the way. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. &g...

IMF and mail not going to junk folder
Hi! Have installed and enabled IMF on our Ex2003. Have set Gateway Blocking to 8 and "no action" and set StoreJunk E-mail to 4. In Outlook 2003 spammails still go to inbox and not to junkmail folder. Why? I have junkmail set to "high". Is it possible to see what SCL every mail gets? What am I doing wrong? Tomppa You need to set the action to archive. see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/IMF-Managers.html There is an add-in for outlook that lets you view the SCL as well..I don't have the link handy, though... "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmai...

Public folder e-mail address
E2003 on SBS2003. I just added several public folders with e-mail addresses thus: created them via Outlook, then mail-enabled via System Manager. SMTP addresses only. When I send mail from any Exchange client in the organization to any of them, the message arrives in the public folder correctly as a post. However, when I send from outside, the server denies delivery like this: Reporting-MTA: dns;<FQDN of my server> Received-From-MTA: dns;;<FQDN of sending SMTP server> Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:18:32 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Destination e-mail ad...