default which Calendar to view when Outlook opens

Hello,

In Outlook 2003 (Office 2003 Pro), is there a way to
default which Calendar opens when Outlook opens. For
example, if I wanted a Group Calendar (Public Folder) to
open as the default Calendar when Outlook opens.

Thanks,
Mark
Denver
0
optiks (1)

Outlook only offers folders available in your mailbox or personal folders
for display when opening Outlook.  Public folders or Group Calendars are not
available.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mark asked:

| Hello,
|
| In Outlook 2003 (Office 2003 Pro), is there a way to
| default which Calendar opens when Outlook opens. For
| example, if I wanted a Group Calendar (Public Folder) to
| open as the default Calendar when Outlook opens.
|
| Thanks,
| Mark
| Denver

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Anchor windows in a view
Hi All, I need to be able to show permanent windows on a view in the form of a tooltip which needs to have an anchor placed on any edge. Does anyone know of any projects in codeproject or codeguru or anywhere else?? There is number of ways it can be implemented. The easiest one would be to use CDialogBar and place edit control in it. Make that bar a child of a frame that hosts a view. "W Akthar" wrote: > Hi All, > > I need to be able to show permanent windows on a view in > the form of a tooltip which needs to have an anchor > placed on any edge. > &...

attachments will not open
I am able to open documents that were created in Office 2000, in my office 2003. This works fine even in peregrine. The issue is dragging and dropping e-mails into peregrine from outlook 2003, but If I try to open it form outlook 2000, it gives us an error. ...

Recurrence Pattern in Calendar Appt.
Is there a way to set the recurrence pattern to default to daily instead of weekly? Thanks in advance. No, you have to change it each time the dialog opens. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm <analyst@coastalcancercenter.com> wrote in message news:1134054741.359740.160090@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to set the recurrence pattern to default to daily > instead of weekly? ...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

open a prior publisher file
I need immediate help on how to open a prior version of publisher in the publisher 6.0. Do you have a current version of Publisher? Can your sender convert the file to another format? A PDF? If you don't have Publisher I will convert it to a PDF if you send it my way. mary-sauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mbrooks" <mbrooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3CEA1A7-F301-43B8-9424-27BC774E9C22@microsoft.com... >I need immediate help on how to open...

Outlook 2007 #39
I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific text" OR "other text" not for "specific text" AND "other text". How can I get it to search using an "AND" argument? Thanks. > I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming > messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The > problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific tex...

Installing Outlook plugin for CRM
While installing Sales For Outlook I get an installation error stating that the process has prematurely terminated. I am running Office XP, Windows XP SP 1. Cannot find any help on technet or MSDN. Anyone have any clues? ...

how to import contacts from excel to outlook?
Hi, I got an Excel file contains contact information of certain number of people. How can I import into outlook contacts? regards Have you tried using the File menu > Import & Export command? If so, what did or didn't happen? "Adrian" <a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eX83uzk0FHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I got an Excel file contains contact information of certain number of > people. How can I import into outlook contacts? actually, I didn't know there such function, i was looking for it. Thanks for you help. "Vince ...

Outlook save Exchange credentials
All - I have an Outlook client that is off-site and connecting to an Exchange server. Outlook is configured for MAPI mode. When the client launches Outlook, he is prompted for Domain/Username/Password. He is able to sign in after filling out all three fields. How do I make Outlook save the Domain and User name? I once had a registy "punch" that accomplished this, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Thanks! Tony Tony, Please check to see if the following policy is active on the client. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "don...

zoom in view
How do I set the default zoom in view for IE7 (maybe 8 - I'm not sure) to 110%. When I close and reopen explorer it reverts to 125% -- jj See... Is there a way to set a new default zoom? I want the default zoom in Internet Explorer Web Browser to be 150% and NOT 100% http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/c4327181-ea78-4f03-9a19-d4a2188392a5 You will find support for Internet Explorer in this MS forum now: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; ...

starting outlook #4
Hi, Since a few days when i will start outlook 2002 I receive the message that outlook can only start in save modus. When I accepted that everthings works, but before the programm ask to send a file to ms with the message. When I look what the message is is written mso.dll How can I change that outloos star up normaly Thanks, Coen Hi coen abram, please read this article about the mso.dll in Outlook. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;309491 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=820367 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup a...

Custom entity in Calendar?
Is it possible to display custom entities in the workplace calendar or service calendar? Is it possible to create a custom calendar to display custom entities? Thanks, Dennis Hi Dennis, It is not possible using MS CRM web customization interface. But you may develop some custom calender using .net and CRM SDK (with compromise on some functionality). It will not be an easy task. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Dennis McCarthy" wrote: > Is it possible t...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Editing, encoding and saving messages in OUTLOOK 2007
I came across a very peculiar phenomenon in OUTLOOK 2007. I edit received messages by deleting the “history” (the previous correspondence included by the sender) and leave only the new text written by the sender. I then save the messages “AS PLAIN TEXT”. The motivation is to keep the PST file small. When I reopen one of those edited received messages, I notice that the ENCODING is “Western European (Windows)”. When I change the ENCODING to “US ASCII”, ALL THE DELETED TEXT REAPPEARS! The described strange phenomenon implies that OUTLOOK didn’t actually delete the text rem...

outlook express #122
I can't delete email from the inbox? Does anyone have any answers to this? "Colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048a01c3dae3$21e5de50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I can't delete email from the inbox? Does anyone have any > answers to this? Your Inbox is corrupted. Move any mails you want to keep into a folder you have created. Close OE. delete Inbox.dbx. Restart OE. BTW, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar...

Outlook 2000 Printing problem
Hi I'm running windows 98 SE, Outlook 2000, Explorer V6 and having problems printing mail messages. When I click the print button, nothing happens and I get an error message saying "Internet Explorer Script Error Line 1344 Char:1 Unspecified Error Code:0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg I've tried reinstalling Outlook but dosent solve problem. Please help Thx Russell See if this KB article applies to you; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303486 Note that printing an HTML message is basically the same as printing a webpage and therfor use Internet Exp...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Rerun an open query in Access 2007
Hi, In Access 2003 I was able to place the "exclamation point" RUN button on my Access toolbar so that I could easily re-run a query that I already had open (rather than try to find it in a list of a few hundred queries). The queries I run usually ask for user input, so by re-running them I am able to give different input. Is there any way in Access 2007 to place a "RUN button" on the "Home" tab toolbar? -- Dan R Changing the ribbon is quite a bit more work, but it's easy to customize the Quick Access Toolbar. If you really want to customize the r...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Internet interface is not displaying calendar items
We have Exchange Server 2003 installed on our own system. The interne interface goes great, no problem at all. But when we try to browse t another one's mailbox (different company, different server), we ca login, but we always get an empty calendar/agenda. Does this sound familiar to someone, and knows what to do?? Thanx, Smart ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Check if Excel file is already open
I need to check if an Excel file is already open. How do i do this? thank u Hi Look at this: Sub Test() If Not IsWbOpen("Book1.xls") then Workbooks.Open("Book1.xls") End If End Sub Function IsWbOpen(WbName As String) As Boolean For Each wb In Application.Workbooks If wb.Name = WbName Then IsWbOpen = True Exit For End If Next End Function Regards, Per "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:SpEZm.119911$gg6.52009@newsfe25.iad... >I need to check if an Excel file is alr...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

2007 outlook doesn't suggest addressees when I start typing a To:
When I start an address in the To: of a new email, Outlook doesn't suggest recently used addresses to select. Is there a setting I have to set? | When I start an address in the To: of a new email, Outlook doesn't suggest | recently used addresses to select. | | Is there a setting I have to set? I had the same problem after upgrade to Office 2007. I had for the first time save an address in address book - if address exists just edit&save ( no changes required ). After that voodoo outlook started to cooperate as expected. If you've upgraded from an older Outlook versio...