Default view is set to show Reading Pane

This is set on all folders.  At the moment I have been going to each
individual folder and turning the reading pane off.

Is there a way to turn this off as a default on all folders?

Thank you.

Kylie B

0
KylieB (8)

Kylie B <KylieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> This is set on all folders.  At the moment I have been going to each
> individual folder and turning the reading pane off.
>
> Is there a way to turn this off as a default on all folders?

Use the techniques described here:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

read receipt email deletion
I'm using Outlook Express 6 & I had sent a couple of emails to someone with read receipts requested. I never rec'd the read receipt which is not the problem & I know those are returned at the discretion of the receiver. My question is, I just recently rec'd this notice for both those emails: Your message To: X.Xxxx Subject: FYI Sent: 8/10/2005 8:56 PM was deleted on 10/19/2005 9:18 AM I've never gotten one of these before when I've requested a read receipt, & was unaware that Outlook had this capability. I'm assuming the person deleted i...

Changes to OutlookClient.xml dont show up in Outlook client
I have just been introduced to the Microsoft CRM, and one of my tasks was to add a new tab/form on the Web Client for the Opportunities section, and have the tab show up on the Outlook client. I made a copy of the isv.config file on the CRM Server in the same location and renamed the new file OutlookClient.xml. I then edited it to show up the following: <<opportunity> <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="Competitor Information " ToolTip="Information on Competitor " Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif"...

Outlook 2007 user-defined fields not showing in Word 2007 merge
On computer1, I have successfully created a customized form with user-define fields in Outlook 2007 and a merge document in Word 2007 that works (starting the merge from Outlook 2007). I want to copy the custom form with the user-define fields and the merge document to a second computer (computer2). I saved the custom form with fields from computer1 to a *.fdm file using the Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Custom Forms, Manage forms. On computer2 I used the same process to install the custom form file (*.fdm) into Outlook 2007 and created a new contact folder that uses...

How to view message header?
How do I view a message header in Outlook 2002? Thanks, Brett Brett wrote: > How do I view a message header in Outlook 2002? > > Thanks, > Brett Open the message and go to View-Options ...

How do I set my Outlook 2003 folder lists to be ungrouped by default?
Hi All Every time I create a new folder in my Outlook 2003 program, the message list (ie the top right panel of the usual 3 panel display) is always grouped. As I hate this format I have to keep right-clicking on the titlebar, go to 'Arrange by' and then uncheck 'Shown in Groups'. Do you know of a way that I can re-config Outlook so that by default the 'Shown in Groups' is not set, ie just one long list? Thanks Robbie Hi Robbie, By default, the Show in Groups feature is turned on for all Outlook 2003 folders. To turn on the Show in Groups feature for your ...

blocked by registry policy settings
Getting error message that says "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of microsoft office. this file type is blocked from opening in this version by your registry policy setting" What version of Word? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "iowapk" <iowapk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB4CA18E-1B19-42D1-A68F-C1B773DD4B29@microsoft.com... > Getting error message that says "You are attempting to open a file that > was ...

Linked lists defaults
I have a form which displays a single record depending on the selections made in two lists. I.e. The selection of a Group from PickGroup will limit the companies displayed in PickCompany. The selection of a Company from PickCompany will cause the form to display the details of that company. On selection of a Group the correct Companies are displayed in PickCompany and I have got it to highlight the first Company using Private Sub PickRecipientGroup_AfterUpdate() Me.PickCompany.Requery Me.PickCompany = Me.PickCompany.Column(0, 0) How do I get the form to display the detai...

Reading from LDAP searchresults
Hi, After I retrieved data from my companies AD, done in less then 1 sec, I want to read that data into a dataset. I do that with: Dim cn() As Object For Each src As SearchResult In sr rw = dsData.Tables("managers").NewRow If src.GetDirectoryEntry().Properties("cn").Value IsNot Nothing Then cn = src.GetDirectoryEntry.Properties("cn").Value rw("fullname") = cn(1).ToString End If If src.GetDirectoryEntry().Properties("mail").Value IsNot Nothing Then rw("e...

Requesting Read Receipts
Hi, The sender got options for "Requesting Read Receipts" at Outlook Express. If i received and read the email will send a read receipt to the sender, then the reply read receipt message will go to the "Sent Folder". My Question is, Can i reply and automatically deleting the "Read Receipt" from the "Sent Folder" or the reply message will not show in the "Sent Folder". Thank David Wong Kok Woon wrote: > Hi, > > The sender got options for "Requesting Read Receipts" at Outlook > Express. > > If i received an...

Set views for all folders
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003. I am wondering if there is an easy way to set the view settings of all folders at once. I can do one at a time but I have 30+ folders and would like to do all of them at once and set this as a default for any new folders I create. -- John Harris (Harry) Computer Troubleshooters - Hornby Christchurch New Zealand You can do this by modifying the default Messages view. However this will not work for folders that have a modified Messages view already. You're better of by defining a new view and apply it to the folder on first use. -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

Programs says "Transactions to read," but there are none there
Money 2004 Small Business. When I "Get online statements" the Account List shows accounts with "Transactions to read," but when I select one of the accounts there are no new transactions shown. Any suggestions? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, TBW wrote: >Money 2004 Small Business. When I "Get online statements" the Account List >shows accounts with "Transactions to read," but when I select one of the >accounts there are no new transactions shown. > >Any suggestions? In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with ...

Marking Mail as Read
I am using Outlook 2000 at work and have a rule to that when a new email is= receive with specific subject manner I have a rule that puts a copy into a different folder. It works great, but I want= to also mark it as read but I don't see an option for this. I have got to think this is possible as I can see options to mark a flag= messages, but not mark them. Am I over looking something?? Is it possible= that Corp admin shut it off?? Any help is appreciated. Brian You will need a third party add-in. Ornic used to have a Mark As Read application but I have not checked them...

How to show Customer Name on MY Credit Card Receipt?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to print Customer Name on the Store's copy of the Credit Card transaction receipt. Basically 2 receipts are printed - one for customer and one that customer signs and gives back to us. The one that customer keeps always has the customer's name on it. However, our own copy has an unclear signature but not the customer's name and this makes it difficult to audit and match customers to their receipts at the end of the day (we do this to keep track of things which is helpful to us). How can we amend the receipt to print customer name on...

Problems with Contacts showing up in New E-mail
When I add a contact to the contacts folder, it appears to be fine. Then when I go to the Inbox, Click new mail message, a new untitled message comes up. I click the To... button to select from the names in my contacts folder and the contact I just added is not there, but all the other contacts are, this just started happening when I reloaded my pc. I imported my .PST file that had all my contacts and they show up fine. It's the new contacts that I've tried to add since that give me problems. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks Again, Tom Murphy ...

Windows installer & language settings appear everytime Pub opens
I've been using Pub 2007 for almost 2 years, but beginning a while ago everytime I open Pub i have the longest delays. First a windows installer window pops up...then a language MUI window. It is the longest process to get a doc opened. Same happens when I try to open the picture editor. So frustrating! How to use the repair process in the 2007 Office programs http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924614/en-us Have you installed the Service Pack? Description of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936982/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.or...

Qry showing AutoNumber as A. B or C.
Hi; Using a Select Qry to display the ID Autonumber of an open Form. IDNumber: [Forms]![frmCustomers]![txtCustomerID] Note: txtCustomerID is an Alias for CustomerID. When the Qry is run it shows the ID number as A, B or C. Although it shows as a number on the Frm. And it will continue to add Alpha letters if the User adds new records. Even tried adding a control with its source as Name: FedFromID Record Source=txtCustomerID and changing IDNumber: [Forms]![frmCustomers]![FedFromID] Would someone be so kind to point me in the correct direction to correct this. Thank You for taking the ...

slides not showing on left in preview mode/when you hit play
Helping someone out. It is set to extended desktop in preview. When we click play show, the big slides will show but the slides on the left are all blank (white) but when you click to go to the next one they will play? Tried changing the graphis options with no luck. Also I noticed that the save command is grayed out and the icon is. It has a detachable toolbar that play or save to web just below the standard tool bar? Not sure if this is affecting the output? thanks I am not quite fully aware of the whole problem. Nevertheless, based on my understading, I think that the main ...

set up Treo 700W on exchange
Hey I have been tasked with setting up a new Treo 700W to work with out e2k3 server. We currently have a BES which gets all Outlook data to our fleet of Blackberries but I though there was a similar option available for the Treo through the Mobile Services under Global settings in Exchanges. Verizon says I need to leave my PC on running their software to achieve full Outlook sync. This seems to be an old fashioned idea considering I have a laptop that I take with me everywhere. How do I set up wireless sync in exchange? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/mobile/deploy/m...

esm shows duplicate logons
I'm stumped as to why users logon info. comes up with duplicate entries? some have 3 entries with the exact information everyday. see below username: xxxx windows 2000 acct: domain\username logon time: 10/05/2005 7:40am last access time: 10/05/2005 client version: 11.0.6352.0 Because MAPI clients make multiple connections to the server. At the very least they make a connection to the mailbox store and the public store. If the user connects to any other user's mailboxes (like to view their calendar) then there's another logon (or more). "chris" <chris@disc...

Free/Busy doesn't show details
Most people in my company can see the details of everyone else's calendar. However, for some reason I cannot. I only see the colored blocks, not details. This is true whether I am using View Group Schedules or from a meeting request. I have turned on "Show Calendar Details". With this option turned on, I can see my own details, but I can never see anyone else's. As mentioned above, others in the company can see everyone's details, and they have the same settings I do, as far as I can tell. Any ideas on fixing this? I've done a bunch of searching on this, an...

Pivot table to calculate variance showing budget and actual.
Hi, I know this is rather simple, but I just could not get it right. I have this data: Expenese Type Amt Scenario Staff cost 200 Budget Admin cost 75 Budget Office rent 5000 Budget Staff cost 100 Actual Admin cost 45 Actual Office rent 300 Actual I am able to get the difference using the pivot table "Difference from", but it only showed that single column. I would like my pivot table to show: Expenese Type Budget Actual Variance Staff cost 200 100 1...

Not able to change System Settings 01-18-06
HI Folks, when I try to change anything on the System Settings screen, none of the changes are saved, ie I make the change,click OK, then go back in and the settings have reverted to default. The Changes are like the fiscal year stuff and currency symbols and etc... Any thought, helpful hints ror suggestions...? Thanks in advanced , Krishna fixed mine in IIS right click crm web site - properties change the document expiration from 3 days to immediately -- Mark Masiak devlinfisher* "kittu" wrote: > HI Folks, > > > when I try to change anything on t...

Settings file
Hi! You can create Settings file or you can use project propery and their select Settings. I just wonder if anyone can see any value of using this kind of files or if it is something that is rarely used. I mean connectionstring for example is stored in the application configuration file and not in the settings file. If they are valuable to use can somebody give some good examples when they can be used. //Tony ...

Can a set up a production chart in excel, there may be over run s.
I would like to set up a production chart in Excel, what formulas do I enter? The jobs could over run so this will alter the daily production sheets. I want to be able to alter one job run and then it will rearrange the following jobs. Can this be done and if so how do I do it? I am running mms office excel 2003. I hope some one out there can solve my problem, I do hope its possible too. I work for a printing company with no production sysytem at all!! What I would like to do is to set up a daily, weekly and monthly production sheet for jobs to be worked on. We have three departm...

Exporting customized views settings
Hello All, I am trying to create some customized views (added new columns, etc. to calendar view) on my computer using Outlook 2003 and I would like to give my settings to a client (uses XP, not sure on Outlook 2003, though) to use for their work. Is there a way to export a file that contains these settings (and maybe custom forms, etc.) and send it to my client? Hope this is not too broad a question. Also, please direct me to the proper group if this is not it. Thanks for helping out, Alex -- Remove first h for email. ======================================== 2001: A Space Odyssey...