Default properties for new folders

How does one set the default properties applied when
creating new email folders?  Currently, when I create a
new folder, it is created with the AutoPreview turned on
by default.  I'd like to change that do that it is left
off by default.  It's something of a pain to create a new
folder and then go in to customize it's properties.
0
anonymous (74718)

You can do this by editing the Messages view; View-> Arrange By-> Current
View-> Define Views...

You might want to define a new view yourself and apply that view on first
use of that folder.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does one set the default properties applied when
> creating new email folders?  Currently, when I create a
> new folder, it is created with the AutoPreview turned on
> by default.  I'd like to change that do that it is left
> off by default.  It's something of a pain to create a new
> folder and then go in to customize it's properties.

0
Roady
9/14/2004 7:50:22 PM
Thanks, Robert!

0
anonymous (74718)

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Error when 1st Launching New Outlook
I am continually getting the following message when I am trying to start the new Outlook up for the 1st time, can anyone help me?? "The application failed to initalize properly (0x80000003). Click on OK to terminate the application." All the other apps work, Word, Excel, Publisher, just not this one. Help, I need my e-mail!!! -- Michael Reimann Have you set up your Internet Connection? Are you connected to the Internet? Have you asked your Internet Service Provider for the server settings? If so, try reinstalling Outlook. If your version is 2000 this will apply: http://su...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

private res property ValidationEventArgs
Hi, I know there's a way to check the private res property of the ValidationEventArgs class, using reflection. There are number of possible values for this (string) property, for example Sch_ElementValueDataType, Sch_UndeclaredElement, Sch_MinLengthConstraintFailed etc. However when validating my xml against a schema this res property is always Sch_ElementValueDataType when for example the minlength is not reached. It would make sense to me if it returned Sch_MinLengthConstraintFailed which is a more detailed "description" of the error. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Gre...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Initial PO Number at new store with HQ
We are setting up a new warehouse and have just added HQ. How do we set the strating PO number at the new store? We would like to prevent confusion with the PO's from the Stores by having an AUTOMATIC generated prefix or leading numbers as in.... WH0001233 for a warehouse PO S10000899 for a store 1 PO ...

Photo Gallery Properties Empty
On only one of my photo galleries, all of the pictures and text are displaying properly on the website and in Front Page 2003, but when I look at the Photo Gallery Properties, all of the info (pictures, titles, description) is gone. I tried to publish the individual file from a good copy to the bad, but that resulted in losing the pictures in addition to losing the info. Any help is appreciated. Website is www.marknault.com. Thanks! The photo gallery in frontpage only works well in IE browsers...try FF or Chrome and you will change your mind about using FP's gallery...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

IMF and mail not going to junk folder
Hi! Have installed and enabled IMF on our Ex2003. Have set Gateway Blocking to 8 and "no action" and set StoreJunk E-mail to 4. In Outlook 2003 spammails still go to inbox and not to junkmail folder. Why? I have junkmail set to "high". Is it possible to see what SCL every mail gets? What am I doing wrong? Tomppa You need to set the action to archive. see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/IMF-Managers.html There is an add-in for outlook that lets you view the SCL as well..I don't have the link handy, though... "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmai...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Public folder e-mail address
E2003 on SBS2003. I just added several public folders with e-mail addresses thus: created them via Outlook, then mail-enabled via System Manager. SMTP addresses only. When I send mail from any Exchange client in the organization to any of them, the message arrives in the public folder correctly as a post. However, when I send from outside, the server denies delivery like this: Reporting-MTA: dns;<FQDN of my server> Received-From-MTA: dns;;<FQDN of sending SMTP server> Arrival-Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:18:32 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;<Destination e-mail ad...

how to restore the unread folder
I del the unread folder in my favorites folders how do I get that back?????? Expand the Search folders at the bottom of the list. If the Unread folder is list, just drag it up. If not, right click on the search folder and choose new search folder. Select unread from the list of predefined folders then drag it to Favorites. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

New RMS add-ons
New West Technologies has released several new RMS add-ons this quarter. Among the highlights: Mobile Suite 3.4 ---------------- Adds Mobile Label Printing to the existing suite of mobile applications: Inventory Count, Purchase Order, Work Order, and Transfer. Mobile Label Printing can use labels designed in RMS or traditional printer specific labels and will print to a wide variety of portable 802.11b, Bluetooth, and shared desktop label printers. Loss Prevention Suite --------------------- Bundles several loss prevention modules with a program that comprehensively locks down the r...

No CRM Buttons when creating New Outlook email
Using Outlook 2003 with the CRM client installed, there is no track in CRM button when you create a new email. I tried going to Outlook email go to View > Toolbars > Microsoft CRM. That is checked. I also tried re-enabling the CRM add-in. There were no disabled items in Outlook > Help > About Microsoft Office Outlook. In Outlook I went to to Tools > Options > Other tab. Clicked on Advanced Options button, then on the COM Add-Ins button. There is a check mark next to Microsoft CRM Outlook Addin. I tried unchecking the Microsoft CRM toolbar and then reinstalling Ou...

new security feature
When I am trying to send an e-mail using another > program > >> >> the following message occures: > >> >> > >> >> "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you > have > >> >> stored in Outlook, If this is unexpected, it may be a > >> >> virus and you should choose NO..." > >> >> > >> >> After I click YES: > >> >> > >> >> "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on > >> your > >> >> behalf. Do you wan...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

No New Records
I have a form that is populated witha query. I would like to not allow the form to keep forwarding to new blank records. For example there are 12 records, when you use the record controls and get to record 12, you are not allowed to go to 13, or at least not 14. Thanks for the help. Also, the Allow No New Record property doesn't help me. I would like to allow a new record under certain conditions. I could do it in VBA if there is a way. Thanks "sturner333" wrote: > I have a form that is populated witha query. I would like to not allow the > form to keep forwarding ...

Often-Used Code not working in a new Workbook
I have the following code to transfer an option from a combobox to a cell on one sheet. I've used this code several times before in other workbooks, and it works absolutely fine, but, for some reason, in my current project, it just comes up as an error and the 'Range("G11").Select' line is highlighted in yellow. Is there some obvious or uderlying reason for this, does anyone know? The code is: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Worksheets("How").Activate Range("G11").Select ActiveCell.Value = ComboBox1.Value Worksheets("Statskeeper").Activate E...

How do I get rid of the unwanted stationary in new e-mails?
When I try to create a new e-mail I get this faded graphic stationary, which I have not programed in the "options" and I have trouble getting my text to print out, I have to change the color to "auto" or it does not show. How can I just get ordinary e-mail capability again!? I am giving the following example using Outlook 2003 (but it will be similar on other versions) 1) Select the TOOLS menu 2) Select OPTIONS 3) Select the MAIL FORMAT tab 4) In the middle of the window you should see the "Stationery and Fonts" section, Look for the window beside "...

installed a new HP print/fax/copy/scan device but it keeps ringing with each phone call
I got a HP officejet J3600 and connected it with my phone cable. When I get a phone call the officejet device keeps ringing for 15mins or so (as if a fax is being received). I thought it should only do when a fax is received, not for any phone call. I guess I might not have installed something properly. A quick search on Google or the manual does not reveal anything Any suggestions would be appreciated. What did HP tech support have to say about it? s wrote: > I got a HP officejet J3600 and connected it with my phone cable. When > I get a phone call the officejet device ke...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

Exchange 2003
Hi, I am currently running an Exchange 2003, Exchange 5.5 mixed enviroment. When I try to create a new mailbox on the exchange 2004 server with active directory users and computers, the mailbox does not show up in the global address list in outlook. I also cannot send e-mail to that box from the internet and any user that is on the exchange 5.5 box cannot e-mail the new mailbox. Currently, my mx record points to the 5.5 server. Please help, Frank ...